Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Homework ? Useful Or Useless
north star mouse
post May 17 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #221

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 80 634

Bad Romance Style

I think homework has a point it's to keep you going to make you work hard even out of school hours.
You think homework is hard or useless well once your out of school life my bite you in the butt.
Think if you go to college you will have a lot to do in your own time i feel homework is to have you always ready for working at home, i used to enjoy homework i liek doing things in my own time rather than in school no distractions.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Spritecheat14
post Jan 9 2013, 08:58 PM
Post #222

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 184 966

Fail Club!

Dreams91 has a great point. I am in 8th grade and trust me; English homework is a PAIN! I see it as this: If you don't do your work now, when in your life will you do it? It's getting you ready for the real workplace.

--------------------
Super Amazing thing in here
(click to show)

Name: Miror B's Ludicolo
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
+Quote Post

xXxTheUnknownxXx
post Jan 14 2013, 03:38 AM
Post #223

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 187 690

The Covert Team

All right,schoolwork are useful..they can be used/referred as notes thus helping the student who doesn't understand a topic.
Saying a schoolwork useless is rather rude..please try to use more subtle words

--------------------

I AM AIPOM.FEAR ME
+Quote Post

ShiroMint
post Jan 22 2013, 02:52 AM
Post #224

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 754

Favorites

Wait, what?

I think SOME homework is completely necessary. I mean... it'd make more sense if it were more selective...

But, honestly, I think homework is great practice for learning the material in the class being taught. Without homework, I'm sure I would've flunked Japanese and French. But... to have homework for something like Home Economics? Where I had to research, make, and bring in some food that I've never had before to be graded? That was a little... unnecessary, at least for me.

Then, you have to take into account that teachers are also "graded" on how well they've taught. So, they HAVE to assign papers to be written, and the like, to prove that they taught material in a way that the students understand. Their assessments reflect this every year and homework also prepares students so the teacher looks good, too.

Besides, doing a little assignment later at night helps you remember the material better. Some of that stuff really is quite useful in the real world.

--------------------
“Just pity him, my boy. Tomorrow we'll be on our way, but he'll have to keep his own disagreeable company until the day he dies.”

― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

ShiroMint's Party
I return all clicks (if I get back online in time. Work, life, and school take precedence.)!!
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post Feb 27 2013, 01:23 AM
Post #225

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

Home work CAN be usefull, but not when its an incredably simple subject..
I think they really should be more selective when giving homework, its REALY annoying getting homework on something so simple it should already be known by a 3rd grader. what i REALLY hate is homeowork that can be done in a matter of seconds, because that means that all of those seconds were wasted, and the paper was a waste of trees and the writing it was a waste of graphite from my pencil or a waste of ink from my pen.
Its twice as annoying when teachers dont give homework on a subject that they dont spend ANY time in class on and expect us to know for a test. yet whatever a teacher does in class they pile up the homework on it, but when its important they never give HW on it and i end up having to probe deep into my long term memory just to answer a Lv 1 question that should just be a simple recall.
It just so happens that the teachers spends 3 days on pretty much the same thing that has about 1 or 2 questions on the 50 question quiz, but then all the other subjects get less than 10 mins of class time, and guess what ALL the homework is? you guessed it, its ALL about the subject we already spent days on.
It gets really aggrivating sometimes, when we also spend days on one basic subject, then later on the teacher whines about not having enough time for anything. Tbh, i really missed good teachers who actually gave homework on subjects that actually were worth reinforcing, if it is really worth reinforcing, i think the homework might actually help, but if its not, then why even waste the time, money, and effort on it?

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yuno Gasai
post Mar 7 2013, 10:33 AM
Post #226

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 77 547

Active Squad

Basically I agree with what everyone else said about homework being necessary, but I want to add that it is good preparation for if you go into further education (depending on what exactly) a LOT of work you do will be done independently. And I guess the same could be applied to a lot of jobs, a fair amount of them don't stop just because it's 3 o'clock. Eg. Teachers (who actually DO have "homework") have to mark students work/write assesments/plan lessons etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Meenah
post Mar 9 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #227

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 153 059

38)

I think it depends on how much you struggle during class or how high the difficulty of the class is. For example, I think homework for a second language is absolutely mandatory, since it takes several tries before remembering the words by heart. It really depends on the person and the class.

--------------------

credit: icon
+Quote Post

Shiny Caterpie
post Apr 2 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #228

Shiny Pokémon
Group Icon

Member No.: 190 836

Active Squad

Useless. Going to school every day for 7 hours each day should be enough to get through the tests.
+Quote Post

Celeste2002
post Sep 20 2013, 02:19 AM
Post #229

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 204 884

Active Squad

I think homework is not completely useless, but it leaves us less free time to read or study for tests or relax, but it can help us to memorize things.

--------------------
+Quote Post

x Pumpkin
post Oct 8 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #230

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 203 754

My Favorites

It depends on the student and their learning style.
For me, personally, even though I hate doing work when I get home, homework helps me a lot.
Sometimes I won't understand something in class, but when I go home and try to figure it out for myself with homework I'll understand. If I never had that homework, it wouldn't force me to try and learn it for myself.

--------------------

Credit Sig & Avi: Me || Credit Alakazams: Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Feb 1 2014, 08:15 PM
Post #231

bewm
Group Icon

From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

I myself hate homework*, but that's still no reason for it to be pointless. I find it to be a useful, if not sometimes unreliable, way to make students get their homework done. Especially when the teacher adds some sort of motivation, such as "I'll give anyone who gets their homework done on time a candy" or something of that kind.

*That might just be because I never get it, and I'm always irritated when I actually get it.

This post has been edited by King of the Eevees: Feb 1 2014, 08:15 PM

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Irisamena
post Feb 3 2014, 12:15 PM
Post #232

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 214 497

Active Squad

Personally, I believe that homework is useful to a point. Some teachers overdo it by not giving you enough time to finish it. (For example, reading thirty pages in one night. That is working someone too hard, especially considering that they have had to slave over the same material during the school day.)

But if used in moderation, homework can be a helpful tool, especially if you need practice on the material.

--------------------

||I R I S A M E N A||
+Quote Post

zorua9
post Feb 11 2014, 06:18 PM
Post #233

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 175 755

War of Worlds

I think homework has usefulness, but it is very stressful, and if you don't complete you get extra work or detention :/, if it was easy homework or something i enjoyed then i would do it but it would still be a bit stressful....

--------------------
+Quote Post

Larzsi
post Feb 15 2014, 12:10 AM
Post #234

zzz
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 835

Friends

I feel like homework is often necessary to properly learn all that you need to learn for a class. From what my teachers have said, it seems like teachers struggle a lot with fitting the entire curriculum for their class in one semester, so homework lets us get work done that we didn't have enough time for in the allotted class time.

Homework also prepares you a lot for college, and even beyond that. From my experience with my college classes so far (I'm still in high school, so I'm only taking a couple), a lot of the work done, as well as reading from the textbook, is done outside of class, while class time is spent listening to lectures.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:26 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.