Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
47 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Same-sex marriage, o noes t3h gaiz
Aeroy
post May 7 2008, 03:34 PM
Post #21

old news
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

Active Squad

Recreational sex in animals... now that one is harder to prove on both sides. Both of our points of view are acceptable in the scientific community. However, when you consider that seals try mating with things that are not other seals, I think that transcends mere instinctual progenitative intent. No seal could ever imagine a penguin to be a viable mating partner in terms of reproducing. Futhermore, it has been mooted that since Antarctic fur seals hunt and eat penguins the sexual instinct was tied into the predatory killer instinct. They are both the most basic of instincts, and even humans can equate sex and violence as being one and the same.

Haha I saw that too, and posted it at FGI. It got 30 posts in an hour and got me a medal for making the admin lol smile.gif

Anyway, great posts, helped me blow 15 minutes happy.gif

--------------------
That is a really, really bad sig; new one to come soon.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Balmungmp5
post May 7 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #22

Formerly Darksword
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 161

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ May 6 2008, 09:14 PM) *
QUOTE(Balmungmp5 @ May 6 2008, 08:33 PM) *
I just don't see why it's the states job to keep them from getting wed.

Well aren't there things that married couples get to do differently such as how their taxes are affected and whatnot? I'd assume a lot of people in the government don't think gays should be able to properly wed and get all the same treatment as if a man and woman were the ones getting married in terms of being able to file jointly and stuff. Just my idea/opinion though.

yeah i can see that. but only part of it. I can see why the state has the right to ban the couple from getting the pther privileges of being married like taxes and stuff but the government probably shouldn't have the right to ban the marriage all together.

Then it just comes down to the political leader's religious background it seems and with an overwhelming number of one religion it seems like it will be really hard to go anywhere.

For the people here that are opposed to same-sex marriage, what is the main thing that makes you think it shouldn't happen?

--------------------

I claim Scizor
also don't pm me and ask me to trade if you don't have anything in mind.
+Quote Post

GDeitz
post Jun 6 2008, 09:26 AM
Post #23

King of the mustachioed pokemon
Group Icon

Member No.: 259

Active Squad

I reeeaaally hate to bring up dead threads, but this is one of my major political issues, so I feel I need to.

OK, first of all, Homosexuality is caused by some lack of hormones in your brain or something. My sister explained it to me. The point is, it's not preventable or a choice. That "bonding with you father" crap is just junk. 40% of all marriages fail(yes, it's scary) and 90% of them, the children are far more attached to the mother. Using that logic, 36% of all males must be gay! No, that's over one thind and it's not nearly that common. Plus, my dad left when I was young and neither me nor my brother are gay. NOTE: those were real statistics I used(at least in '05 tongue.gif, I would imagine those numbers would go up, though.) Gay people can't choose. If they love each other, then THEY LOVE EACH OTHER! Just the same way as a normal straight couple. Does it really matter who you are in love with? Y'know, a fact I'm glad about, 50 years ago, it was seen the exact same way for whites and blacks to get married. Doesn't that seem silly? I pray this will fade into obscurity.

That being said, I will concede a bit. This is kinda gross, so stop reading if you... you get the point!
Spoiler (click to showhide)

Still, sex and love are somewhat separate things.

--------------------
I claim Probopass people, so don't even think about touching it!
+Quote Post

Serenity Painted...
post Jun 8 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #24

None So Vileplume
Group Icon

Member No.: 316

Active Squad

For it all the way. Heterosexuals and homosexuals should be treated as complete equals in society, and if heterosexuals can marry, homosexuals should be able to marry too. I long for the day when bigoted ideals no longer interfere with the lives of citizens.

QUOTE(Blax8192 @ May 2 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Politically correct pisses me off. Don't even get me started on politically correct. It is a lie. When I hear the word politically correct I impulsively say "bullshit". America was based on the statement "all men were created equal, we hold these truths to be self evident" or maybe it's the other way around. It means the same thing. We have black people only colleges. We have black people college funds (African American is "politically correct", but they are all Americans, so their only distinguishment is being black skinned) Black history month, etc. etc. and if we had any of this for white people guess what. We'd be racist. If any white person looks mad at a black person, We're racist. If we hit a black person, We're racist. If we hit them after five of them jump out from behind a bush and start beating the shit out of us (5 on 1) and I throw a punch, I'm racist. It doesn't work the other way around though. If they all jump on me and call me a honky or whatever they call me or whatever they do. I'm racist no matrter what happens. I can't accuse them of being racist. It applies to mexicans, cubans (I mean illegal immigrants too) as well, only white people are ever accused of being racist but it goes both ways. Politically correct my ass!

You're not racist if you defend yourself in a fight, you're racist for saying shit like this.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ErrorOptik
post Jun 14 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #25

Ice Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 538

Active Squad

I personally think that Marriage is a union of two people who are in love. If those two people happen to be homosexual then so be it. What those people do behind closed doors is no business of mine or any other person, just as its no of their business what you or I do in the privacy of our home.

In this day and age seeing someone who is gay is no big deal. Odds are you know at least one person who is gay, weather you know it or not.

--------------------
Nintendo 3DS FC: 5327-1215-2976
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Jun 15 2008, 07:39 AM
Post #26

Old and Retired Bug Gym Leader!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 000

Old Bug gym

okay... if gay people want to get married... go right ahead... as long as its not with me...

I personally think that its....(gets flame shield ready) wrong...
Its against the course of nature, I think...
Man+man=no babies(NATURALLY)
woman+woman=no babies(NATURALLY)
Man+Woman=Babies(NATURALLY)

thats all I have to say or else Ill be hanged... =x

--------------------
[align=center]Current Quest: Waiting...
[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][spoiler=My Gym badges] [/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 15 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #27

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 933

Active Squad

There's nothing wrong with Christianity and there's nothing wrong with same-sex marriages, or homosexual people in general. They're the same as us. Who cares about who they love? What matters is the fact that you should be allowed to marry whomsoever you love. Unless you're a crazy evangelist who heeds by everything the Bible says, you shouldn't have a problem accepting this. It's basically the same as a man and a woman getting married.

I'm part of the Gay-Straight Alliance at my school. People make a lot of cracks about it. It's not cool, or acceptable. People may not change, but you and your opinions can.

This post has been edited by Akane: Jun 15 2008, 08:55 PM

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Jun 15 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Old Bug gym

QUOTE(Akane @ Jun 15 2008, 08:55 PM) *
Unless you're a crazy evangelist who heeds by everything the Bible says, you shouldn't have a problem accepting this. It's basically the same as a man and a woman getting married.

I'm part of the Gay-Straight Alliance at my school. People make a lot of cracks about it. It's not cool, or acceptable. People may not change, but you and your opinions can.

Its a lot easier to crush my pride with a Bulldozer... >.>

It is NOT the same as man and woman... if it were the same, would we even be discussing this here on this thread?
dont think so...
If it were the same, would it have the discrimination it has(not that I support it)?

I see it as an Unatural thing... I cant see it going through the course of nature... simple as that... >.>

... impressed Im still alive for saying this.... =x

I was once banned from a forum for saying this... =x

--------------------
[/align][align=center]

+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 15 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #29

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shoutai @ Jun 15 2008, 10:29 PM) *
Unless you're a crazy evangelist who heeds by everything the Bible says, you shouldn't have a problem accepting this. It's basically the same as a man and a woman getting married.

Its a lot easier to crush my pride with a Bulldozer... >.>

It is NOT the same as man and woman... if it were the same, would we even be discussing this here on this thread?
dont think so...
If it were the same, would it have the discrimination it has(not that I support it)?

I see it as an Unatural thing... I cant see it going through the course of nature... simple as that... >.>

... impressed Im still alive for saying this.... =x

I was once banned from a forum for saying this... =x

Look here, it shouldn't matter to you if a man and a man or a woman and a woman want to get together and marry each other. You're not invited to their wedding, are you? Life itself is unnatural, please don't drag that in. Sorry if I was being rude.

This post has been edited by Akane: Jun 15 2008, 09:39 PM

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Jun 15 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Old Bug gym

hmm...
look... I have homosexual friends...
and people can be if they want... People have the liberty of doing whatever they want...
What I mean is, I have my opinion on this... and my friends know what my opinion is...

ANd Life is not unnatural... we go through a natural course of life, being it:

Born
Live
Procreate
Die

thats pretty much it cutting all the details... thats pretty natural to me, no?

and dun worry about being rude, I was expecting this since the begining... =D

--------------------
[/align][align=center]

+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 15 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #31

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shoutai @ Jun 15 2008, 10:48 PM) *
hmm...
look... I have homosexual friends...
and people can be if they want... People have the liberty of doing whatever they want...
What I mean is, I have my opinion on this... and my friends know what my opinion is...

ANd Life is not unnatural... we go through a natural course of life, being it:

Born
Live
Procreate
Die

thats pretty much it cutting all the details... thats pretty natural to me, no?

and dun worry about being rude, I was expecting this since the begining... =D

What if people don't decide to procreate? Life is a lot more complex than that, although I'm a simpleton at most times.

Things started out by coincidence. Without this coincidence, could we really evolve? We could have stayed as Neanderthals without that one genetic and coincidental change. The animals on this planet could have been born without reproduction organs, and we'd have all died out. But we didn't, because of the coincidence that created our human features, ones that later evolved into what we are now.

But that's off topic. Really, life is full of weird things. People do find homosexuals weird at first, but later learn to accept them and the fact that they are still human beings and have the right to marriage.

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Jun 15 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Old Bug gym

they have the right to do whatever they want...
If they want to stick broomsticks on their noses and call themselves peter pan they can... and that goes for any human being...

but I do have my opinion...

and I like what u started discussing... Ill open a thread about it so we can discuss it on-topic... =D

--------------------
[/align][align=center]

+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 15 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #33

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shoutai @ Jun 15 2008, 10:59 PM) *
they have the right to do whatever they want...
If they want to stick broomsticks on their noses and call themselves peter pan they can... and that goes for any human being...

but I do have my opinion...

and I like what u started discussing... Ill open a thread about it so we can discuss it on-topic... =D

Opinions. You need to be ready to defend them at all costs. XD I try to at most times. But one thing: if you are offended by something like homosexuality, be careful about how you say it. Most forums are against homophobics and the like. Not saying you are one.

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Jun 15 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Old Bug gym

no no...
Im not offended at all By homosexuals... Like Ive said, I have friends who are...Including my GF's Best friend is ONe and hes allways around...

and I agree... I try to always be ready to defend my Opinions even at the worst ocasions... =x

Im running out of things to say... Thinking and Typing too much in the past hour...

Let me take a break.. ehhehe

--------------------
[/align][align=center]

+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 15 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #35

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shoutai @ Jun 15 2008, 11:07 PM) *
no no...
Im not offended at all By homosexuals... Like Ive said, I have friends who are...Including my GF's Best friend is ONe and hes allways around...

and I agree... I try to always be ready to defend my Opinions even at the worst ocasions... =x

Im running out of things to say... Thinking and Typing too much in the past hour...

Let me take a break.. ehhehe

Yup, it's eleven here.

So, are you okay with the idea of same-sex marriages?

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Jun 15 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Old Bug gym

well...

yes and no...

I dont support it...
But I support friends decisions...

Kinda of a Paradoxical situation huh?

--------------------
[/align][align=center]

+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 15 2008, 10:24 PM
Post #37

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shoutai @ Jun 15 2008, 11:17 PM) *
well...

yes and no...

I dont support it...
But I support friends decisions...

Kinda of a Paradoxical situation huh?

Lolz. It's hard for people to change their opinions, but hey, nobody's forcing you. Just an insight. Your decision, opinion, your brain. People always support their friends and family. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Akane: Jun 15 2008, 10:24 PM

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Mister Sa
post Jul 7 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #38

thats racist.
Group Icon

Member No.: 54

Active Squad

Wow. I can't believe I never noticed this thread!

QUOTE(SlipKnoT @ Jun 8 2008, 02:20 AM) *
For it all the way. Heterosexuals and homosexuals should be treated as complete equals in society, and if heterosexuals can marry, homosexuals should be able to marry too. I long for the day when bigoted ideals no longer interfere with the lives of citizens.

QUOTE(Blax8192 @ May 2 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Politically correct pisses me off. Don't even get me started on politically correct. It is a lie. When I hear the word politically correct I impulsively say "bullshit". America was based on the statement "all men were created equal, we hold these truths to be self evident" or maybe it's the other way around. It means the same thing. We have black people only colleges. We have black people college funds (African American is "politically correct", but they are all Americans, so their only distinguishment is being black skinned) Black history month, etc. etc. and if we had any of this for white people guess what. We'd be racist. If any white person looks mad at a black person, We're racist. If we hit a black person, We're racist. If we hit them after five of them jump out from behind a bush and start beating the shit out of us (5 on 1) and I throw a punch, I'm racist. It doesn't work the other way around though. If they all jump on me and call me a honky or whatever they call me or whatever they do. I'm racist no matrter what happens. I can't accuse them of being racist. It applies to mexicans, cubans (I mean illegal immigrants too) as well, only white people are ever accused of being racist but it goes both ways. Politically correct my ass!

You're not racist if you defend yourself in a fight, you're racist for saying shit like this.

I agree. I hate people like that.

Look here, it shouldn't matter to you if a man and a man or a woman and a woman want to get together and marry each other. You're not invited to their wedding, are you? Life itself is unnatural, please don't drag that in. Sorry if I was being rude.

Bravo. Amen.

I support same sex marriage! I'm not conservative at ALL about ANYTHING, especially THIS.

My state, California, JUST legalized SAME SEX marriage, AGAIN! I'm so excited about that! C:

And I know this is kinda old but to that person ( brax what ever I think ) who was says it's based on the enviroment you were raised in ... I contradict that. I'm a lesbian raised in strict, portuguese-catholic house hold with a sexist big brother and homosexual-hating mother.

And I credit that person who says it's a chemical thing in your brain, because it is. Chemical imbalances is what I heard it is caused by.

I say some people need to get their heads out of their asses, specifically all those homosexual-hating straight people. Stop the discrimination and just learn to accept it. :C

This post has been edited by Mister Sa: Jul 7 2008, 06:32 PM

--------------------

Mister Sa on DEVIANT ART
Mister Sa on YOUTUBE
Mister Sa on MYSPACE

I claimed the sexy . ;D

Come down to the Pokemon Cafe Forum. I'm there, so it's automatically cool. C:
+Quote Post

Aeroy
post Jul 7 2008, 04:14 PM
Post #39

old news
Group Icon

Member No.: 74

Active Squad

heh thanks for bumping this i forgot how awesome hokkai's posts in this thread were lol

--------------------
That is a really, really bad sig; new one to come soon.
+Quote Post

Mister Sa
post Jul 7 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #40

thats racist.
Group Icon

Member No.: 54

Active Squad

QUOTE(Aeroy @ Jul 7 2008, 05:14 PM) *
heh thanks for bumping this i forgot how awesome hokkai's posts in this thread were lol

I needed to reply, that Blax pissed me off. :/ I still can't believe I never noticed this thread. xD

--------------------

Mister Sa on DEVIANT ART
Mister Sa on YOUTUBE
Mister Sa on MYSPACE

I claimed the sexy . ;D

Come down to the Pokemon Cafe Forum. I'm there, so it's automatically cool. C:
+Quote Post

47 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.