Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sexuality
Commander Wymsy
post Jul 22 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #1

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

Yes this thread is about sexuality. We will be discussing these three kinds (basically the ones that people are most familiar with):

Heterosexuality - Sexual attraction to the opposite gender.
Bisexuality - Sexual attraction to both genders.
Homosexuality - Sexual attraction to the same gender.

Please do not be insulting in your wording. This mainly goes for the way some people talk about and view homosexuality. I do not care if you're completely against it, do not be insulting in your wording. Explain yourself instead of being rude.

---

My view on all three is that they are completely natural. All three serve a purpose. Heterosexuality promotes reproduction, homosexuality helps control the population to slow down and/or prevent overpopulation, and bisexuality can promote either. Sexuality is not a choice, aside from what some people claim. You cannot change what you are attracted to. You are what you are.

Not much of an opening post, but I wanted to make sure that people actually bother to read it, so I gave more of a summary. I'll wait for people who disagree with my views to come along and post so that I may argue my own points further.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Charlemagne
post Jul 22 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 916

Pwnzorz

This is a copy of a homosexuality debate my friend Ben and I had on our school site's current event's forum. He is the anti-homosexual. Fee, free to edit for clarity and/or content.

BEN
Ill make this quick and to the point.
1.) homosexuals in american society are to highly tollerated
2.) its a known fact that in the bible, you must be married man and woman
3.) i do belive that homesexuality is a choice
4.) it is our only jobs as human beings to reproduce and have offsrping. Bein homosexual stops this, thus ending your only life goal
5.) The goverment ought to do more to controll these from happening
i know that my veiws may be seen as extreme, or at the very least quite conservative bu thats how i feel. anyone disagree? Still its not my life style to be ctritizing but, still that shouldnt change anyhting

ETHAN

2.) its a known fact that in the bible, you must be married man and woman
i really hate repeating myself ben. not everyone is a christian.
3.) i do belive that homesexuality is a choice
4.) it is our only jobs as human beings to reproduce and have offsrping. Bein homosexual stops this, thus ending your only life goal
if it is a choice, then it is their own choice. and that does not have to be everyones goal. would you say that someone who cannot have children, such as through a disease, was wasting their life? or what about some one who decides not to have children?
5.) The goverment ought to do more to controll these from happening
the purpose of our government is to minimize the government's interference in people's lives

BEN
ok here we go
1.) christians are the worlds largest population of any religous mass. It is also the fastest growing religion than any other. WHile were at its like baiscailly saying that all dairy cows dont give milk it just happens.
2.) i belive that if u do aquire a disease or any other problems not relating with your choice, then that is the will of god. In that simple fact then it is way bigger than you or me.
3.) and ethan for being QUITE LIBERAL about this whole gay thing, you ideals on goverment still happen to be QUIET CONSERVATIVE. This is QUIET THE CONTRADICTION, so mabey you need to re-asses where your coming from and where you are basing your morales, or at the very least think about your political view.
4.) and what i am saying about the whole marraige thing, is that if you choose not to have kids or do something to alter your chances of having kids (i.e. being gay) then that it is qrong and you are going against the will of what is ment to be

ETHAN

1.) christians are the worlds largest population of any religous mass. It is also the fastest growing religion than any other. WHile were at its like baiscailly saying that all dairy cows dont give milk it just happens.

just because it is the largest religion does not mean it has a majority of the WORLD populationor is the fastest growing. Christianity only has about 33% of world population. and the largest does not mean the fastest growing. islam is in fact the fastest growing religion.

2.) i belive that if u do aquire a disease or any other problems not relating with your choice, then that is the will of god. In that simple fact then it is way bigger than you or me.

this is just a way to dodge an answer with any meaning. and the will of whose god? christians? muslims?

3.) and ethan for being QUITE LIBERAL about this whole gay thing, you ideals on goverment still happen to be QUIET CONSERVATIVE. This is QUIET THE CONTRADICTION, so mabey you need to re-asses where your coming from and where you are basing your morales, or at the very least think about your political view.

this is just a personal attack because i'm disagreeing with you. personally ben, i don't care what party my views agree with as long as they make sense. you on the other hand, are blind to the logic of politics, and just follow one side of an issue without researching either side. also, how would you know my political views, as i rarely voice them.

4.) and what i am saying about the whole marraige thing, is that if you choose not to have kids or do something to alter your chances of having kids (i.e. being gay) then that it is qrong and you are going against the will of what is ment to be
WE, as in humans, define the way things are by the choices we make. there is no set way that things will happen. the best examples can be found in history. what if the north had lost antietam or gettysburg? or in WW2. what if we had lost the d-day invasion? eisenhower prewrote two letters to the president, one saying that the landings were successful, the other that they were a failure. Nobody knows what will happen in the future, even if we can make guesses.
Also, if a couple does not want to have children that is their own choice. some people can't afford more than two mouths to feed. No one has the right to tell some one else whether or not they should have children, because they would just be playing god.

If we are going to argue god heres something. not all christians are anti homosexual. the pastor at my old church was gay and it was well known, but every sunday the church was still packed to capacity. my brother was baptized there. also, i do not believe god put me on this earth to do something like judge other people's choices. that is not a purpose for a life. i was put on this earth to live my life and make choices to the best of my ability. personal choices, especially on subjects as delicate and personal as sexuality, are no one else's business. and if you have met a gay person, you probably didn't know it. one of my adopted cousins is gay, but you can't tell it just by looking at him.

--------------------
Come chill here!!

In case you were wondering, my wifi works now, at least until it's fucked up again. And for the most part, I am a technopeasant, internet related things above all.

FC: 0473 6684 5166
Name: ETHAN

I claim , because it's KA.

Read a book. It's good for you. Chris Crutcher, John Scalzi, Steven E. Ambrose, Isaac Asimov, Alastair Reynolds. Seriously people. Educate yourselves.

And by the way, should you need a trainer sprite, go to EmpoleonDynamite, who made my awesome sprite.
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Jul 22 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #3

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

.... I'd really prefer you type up your own points clearly than copy, paste and then horribly organise an argument from another forum. I assume this "Ben" fellow isn't here, so there's no point in posting his views since I assume he won't come to this thread and properly back them up.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Andre Young
post Jul 22 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #4

Formerly Fidel Castro.
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1 850

Active Squad

I realize that this culture is pretty screwed up. On Television, you can steriotype gays and women as much as you want, but I have never heard of a black steriotype on TV that has not been protested. I think that the steriotypes are just that: steriotypes. I know 3 men who are gay, one is my mom's cousin. He owns a strip club(I think), and I had never known that he was gay until my mom told me. I guess I technically know 4 gay men, because my music teacher lives with his boyfrend, but I don't really know him that well. Then there's our friend, howard, who has known my mom sence college. he is running for some kind of office in chicago, and I think he'll win. He's got the kind of sence of humor that only a nazi wouldn't like. My music teacher is also very kind, and he keeps a friendly atmosphere around him. Out of all of those people, I had not known until someone had told me. They are nothing like the steriotypes.

People who say "it says in the bible you can't be married to a person of the same sex" disgust me. I don't know what happened to christianity, but it's going down a bad road. If god loves us all, without exception, then why would he condemn the gays to "hell"? What kind of sadistic god would lie to his creation like that?

Whoops, I'm straying down the religion road. Sorry bout that.

I think I might understand why some people don't think homosexuality is right, or claim not to.
They probably are either gay/lesbian themselves, and got tormented for it, or their parents were gay/lesbian and some kind of problems popped up.

I probably have more to say on the subject, but I can't think of it right now. I also hope I made my point clear, and noone is mistaking what I'm trying to say. Maybe if I was homosexual, I would have more to say. Or if I was in a religious group like... cathloicism or however you spell it. Oh well.
+Quote Post

Rhonut
post Jul 23 2008, 06:32 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 928

Active Squad

I don't really follow any religion so here is my view. I think people should be able to choose, its whoever they feel happiest with. If homosexuality wasn't tolerated then homosexuals could get really unhappy due to not having a partner or being stuck in a heterosexual relationship which they don't enjoy which could lead to violence and tragedy. I think the world is overpopulated anyway so it doesn't matter if some people are homosexual since it would help keep our numbers down a bit (since we're not getting eaten by predators like the other species) and it means there are more couples to adopt, there are thousands of poor kids out there who need parents but most heterosexual couples want to bring their own children into the world. Possibly to show their love to each other. As long as the couple love each other and if they have adopted or are looking after children they are in a loving reltionship then i consider it fine. I actually think that some homosexuals are more fun to hang round with than some heterosexuals. Just because their homosexual doesn't mean their not human, they do have feelings, they don't all act camp, their not all like the stereotypes and they need someone to love them.

This post has been edited by Rhonut: Jul 23 2008, 06:34 AM

--------------------

Various sprites, credits are at bottom of sig (click to showhide)

Adoptables n' stuff (click to showhide)

Credits (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jul 23 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #6

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

one thing that really gets on my nerves is when people use the Bible to prove that homosexuality is wrong. the Bible, excluding some parts, is to be taken symbolically, not literally. how can it be taken literally when it contradicts itself? in the book of matthew, it describes the death of judas. it says that he felt sorry for what he did, returned the money and hung himself. this is the most popularly known death of judas. however, in acts of the apostles, it says that judas spent the money he received on some land. then judas tripped and fell "headlong," bursting open his guts. those are two very different accounts of the same event.

point: the Bible should not be used to prove homosexuality immoral.

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Rhonut
post Jul 23 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 928

Active Squad

I don't think the bible should be used to prove anything. The bible isn't an official book by Jesus or God, it is a collection of stories and as stories are passed down they are often changed, exaggerated and some bits get made up, the bible is these stories, made by people desperate to prove something, therefore they'll make stuff up. It still goes today, its human nature to want to believe in a God and a place to go when we die, because a lot of us fear death because we don't know what it is. People will look for anything to believe that means they won't die or are loved by somebody (Like God) such as the Bible and there are a few who will make stuff up to prove they're not wrong or to keep their religion going. This is just my opinion, I don't know if there is a God or not but I rather not spend my whole life following a religion that, logically, i find difficult to believe. I may change my mind someday but, for now, i choose to follow my own morals.

--------------------

Various sprites, credits are at bottom of sig (click to showhide)

Adoptables n' stuff (click to showhide)

Credits (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Aug 2 2008, 05:10 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 490

Sweet Team

This thread is great. Kudos to all the great arguments about not being able to use the bible to prove anything. My friend went religious and started attending church, and even talked me into going a few times. I really see no point in it. We've tried debating homosexuality, but it was spur of the moment and I couldn't get my thoughts together. But from experience, homophobes and people who protest it to extent, usually have insecure sexuality feelings within themselves.

For the person who posted the stuff from the other forum...It looks like you're both going in circles.

Without all the stereo-typing and pressures, if things were pure and natural, love can be beautiful. Even homosexual love. Plus, you don't have to be gay to appreciate it. I read an article on another by a straight man with a family, wife and kids, but he loved the gay scene and the stereo-typing, but also he just loved gay people. He might fall under a category of metrosexual, but meh...It's a good example I think.

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pokii
post Aug 13 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #9

Adorable Demonic Pinecone
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 2 319

ORAS Team

crazy.gif z0mg, it'za Christian!

Alrighty, let me start out by saying, yes, I am of the Christian faith. No specific sect; just Christian. However, that does not mean I am a conservative Christian. Not politically conservative, necessarily, but you know who they are. My mother is one and I can't stand her rolleyes.gif

Now that that's out of the way, onto the actual topic at hand. Here be my opinions of above named sexual preferences.

Heterosexuality: Great. Keep up the human race and all that. woot.gif

Homosexuality: Now most Christians get a bad rep, since a lot of Christians apparently are humongous homophobes. Well, let me say that that's not entirely true. Take my aforementioned mother, for example. She thinks that homosexual marriages (and most likely relationships, as well) are wrong because of what the Bible says, but that doesn't mean she's a homophobe. In fact, one of her best friends from high school, a barber named Ed (hehe, Edward scissor-hands), is gay. But they're still great friends. See?

My personal opinion is a little more lax. I'm alright with homosexuality (as long as it's not after me blink.gif ) and the thought of "gay marriage" doesn't even matter one way or the other. I really can't say I see it as such a horrible desecration of a sacred ritual like everyone else, I guess. And of course, I have quite a few gay friends (I go to an art school, so we have all kinds). Am I bothered by the fact that the Bible apparently claims that they're bad people, going to hell? Uh....no. In fact, I don't believe that's the case. I seriously doubt that an "all loving God" would damn people to hell for eternity for something like that. Besides that, they're all really good people, regardless of all that.

And besides, like people said, the human race has become WAY too overpopulated lately, so we could use a little break time.

Bisexuality: Ok, so here's the weird one. I know some bisexuals as well (again, art school), but I still just don't get it. I don't want to say I'm against bisexuality (since it hasn't been of much bother to me), but I'm definitely not for it. I don't know about some people out there, but I for one would never date a girl who was sexually attracted to guys and girls. It'd just be really freaky, but again, that could just be me.

Well, anyway, everyone has an opinion, and that's mine.

Oh, and I could go off on a whole other debate about stereotyping, so don't even start no.gif

--------------------
| | | | |

Make me an avatar!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Damian
post Aug 13 2008, 11:40 PM
Post #10

Damian
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1 259

Active Squad

okay i like this topic (good one wymsy)
i was born catholic but not active i jus know a lot of homos out there
but theyre really cool friends of mine

being gay is a choice in a way and not in another
i happen to know some gay people that said they couldnt help noticing the same sex
my best friend is a lesbian and shes naturally comfortable with it
she didnt come out to her family til a year ago
an to top it off....her family is straight up active Christian so....(but they still "sin" so its like O_o.gif??)
by the way......the bible says not do a lot....but were still doin abortions an still doin other bad crap
yeah it says it should be man and women but it also says no to judge others
so whoevers gay is gonna stay gay
believe me theres NOTHING YOU,THE GOVERNMENT,PARENTS,OR CHURCH CAN DO TO CHANGE THAT
homosexuals are still human with different tastes but they still work to live yknow?
sometimes theyre forced into it and thats theyre personal business
theyre not aliens theyre still people that have a thing for the same sex

+Quote Post

berettapunk
post Aug 14 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #11

"thats right, big sit!"
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 564

some of my favorites

i personally am straight. i have many gay/lesbian/bi friends. i have even dated lesbians and bi girls before(im male if you didnt know, they just love me that much) i personally believe that the homosexual issue is not a government issue therefore there should be no laws condemning nor condoning marriages. i dont even believe the government should recognize heterosexual relationships to be honost. its just a way for the government to stick their noses in your private life and affairs. im a very anti government person. i just wish both sides would realize that the government has no place telling anyone who can be a couple and who cannot.

whether being gay is a choice or not, its not my place to condemn them to hell. i know many homosexual christians who go to church more often than i do. i know im a terrible womanizer and i dont even like the idea of a woman i am with to be near a guy. and i especially hate thinking about if they were with another guy before me. i dunno i guess thats me being territorial or something. but i have no problem with how people want to live their lives. all i ask is that you be respectful and dont tell me about your homosexual adventure you went on. god knows i dont kiss and tell. thats all i ask is that you dont either lol.

--------------------
ALL HAIL WYMSY!

ign:Terry, fc: 0731-5976-5898 ralts.gif kirlia.gif gardevoir.gif gallade.gif :boota:

Valentines day is supposed to be about love.

No, that thing you do when you're by yourself does not count as love.

Stop it.
+Quote Post

Nivbird
post Apr 13 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #12

all we gotta do is be brave and be kind~
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 782

I'll just pop in and say that some of my friends are gay, and they're perfectly fine people.

I'm a female heterosexual, though.

--------------------

Shiny collection (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dys Tuvai
post Apr 13 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #13

The Sylvan Saber
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 358

Grass-Type Fanatic

I'm personally heterosexual - but I never understood the great big effing deal about homosexuality. As far as I'm concerned, love is love, attraction is attraction, and sex isn't - or at least, shouldn't be - a factor in it. As long as people love each other, what does it matter if they are of the same sex or a different sex?

--------------------

No longer available on GPX+ for now. Don't bother clicking me. Thank you.

+Quote Post

Vibrancy
post Apr 13 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #14

Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 512

Active Squad

I'm totally fine with all three. I think people should be able to love who they want to love; no strings attached. It bothers me that people are so against homosexuality when people who are gay aren't hurting anyone. Worry about things that are more important, you know what I mean?

... Well, except if you're bisexual. Then you kind of have a choice: guy or girl? XD

This post has been edited by FoxKaiya: Apr 13 2009, 03:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nurse Simply
post Apr 13 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #15

Hi everyone!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 587

Dream Team ♥

I myself am a Heterosexual, But alot of my mom's friends are gay/bi and they arereally fun to hang out with. We are Athiest and have had a bad expierience with Conservative Christians my grandfather is one who is Racist to everything you can be racist to. My brother dislikes gays to an extent and voted agaisnt them in the California prop to ban gay marriage. That made me, my mother, and my other brother very angry.

My best friend is Bisexual and things can get somewhat awkward. We aren't that old yet so I keep telling her not to make her decision just yet. But being her she has to have her way, Anyways this isnt about her.

Like I said before I have no problems with Homosexuals, or Bisexuals

--------------------

Shinies

-------------------------------------

+Quote Post

Kaname Madoka
post Apr 13 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #16

housewife extraordinaire!
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 542

Team HG

I'm a happily bisexual female that has no problem with other people being happy. Who am I to tell you you can't be happy because your lover has the same anatomy that you do?

If you're going to hate on someone because of their sexuality, you have serious problems, and I'll just leave you to your hate.

This post has been edited by Saya: Apr 13 2009, 05:24 PM
+Quote Post

Jaxical
post Apr 16 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 996

Active Squad

Hetrosexuality: YAY! Keep the human race going... grin.gif

Homosexuality: Personally... It disgusts me. I don't hate gays, nor do I treat gays differently to straight people. I just don't like hearing what they do in the bedroom. Besides that, I couldn't care less that someone is gay.... UNTIL they bring up the "Gay Marriage" conversation. As I'm firmly against it. No, Gay's shouldn't be allowed to marry. But YES, Gay's should have equal rights. So give them their own NEW ceremony. Marriage is a union between MAN and WOMAN. The Gay Community deserve their own ceremony.

Bisexuality: A load of croak. Only attention seekers claim to be bisexual. Every human being knows what sex turns them on, those that claim both do just want attention.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kiyoko
post Apr 16 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 12 102

Platinum Party

I am a Christian and I don't see what's the big deal with being a homosexual or bisexual. I have a gay friend, but my other friends would make fun of him. A homo and a straight person are both human. It's like saying that you are afraid of your own race. Also, I HATE it when Christians twist up bible scriptures to disciminate the homosexuals. no.gif
Oh and another thing, I'm bi-curious. smirk.gif
+Quote Post

Ultima
post Apr 18 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #19

~Genderqueer Atheist Weirdo~
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 295

Active Squad

I myself am a lesbian and have had the same girlfriend for 3 1/2 years (Im 17). My younger sisters are bisexual (theyre 9 and 15). My mom is also bisexual. A lot of my friends think that me and my gf are "so cute" and even my extended family knows and they're cool with it (first and so far only same-sex couple in my huge extended family *sweatdrop* ).

Anyways, I do NOT think sexuality is a choice unless youre bisexual and youre deciding whether to go after a guy or a girl XP I also am an Atheist, so I don't think Im going to Hell or whatever... I LOVE transexual people and cross-dressers... Basically the only thing I'm against is people, ESPECIALLY girls, who think they're bisexual or pretend to be to get more guys/girls. THAT annoys the HELL out of me >> But contrary to what people may think, there are actual bisexual people. They really exist. My sister and mom are examples XD

And of course, I'm all for same-sex marriages. I live in Connecticut and I can't wait to marry my girlfriend. I'm also all for same-sex parents adopting and having foster children.

Sorry about my rambling... ^^; I just have a lot to say.

Oh and another thing, DON'T SAY HOMO. It's offensive, srsly >>

--------------------

^ Party quick link ^

I am Berry Smart!
+Quote Post

Harlyn
post Apr 18 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 951

Active Squad

I'm heterosexual, but I have no problem with homosexual people. (unless they're blatantly obvious about it and hit on straight friends of mine, in which case I take the side of my straight friend) I'm friends with a lesbian and a gay. I'm Christian, but I still believe that if being attracted to the same sex makes them happy, then, they should just go for it. Plus, I don't think there's a whole lot you can do to change them. Like Wymsy said, it's something you're born with.

--------------------

Help Rai-Rai and Cani get to lvl 100! =D
+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:10 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.