Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sexuality
Doommagic
post May 5 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #41

Out to destroy the world...if nothing bad happens today.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19 665

Glameow Army

QUOTE(Bluecrow @ Apr 28 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Sexuality is not a choice and all people need equal protection under the law.

I would like to add Asexual to your list, a valid choice as well for those who don't feel the need for sexual contact in any form. While Asexual doesn't get the same stigma as other sexual orientations there still needs to be more acceptance of this as a valid orientation; eg the correct response to "I'm asexual" is not "you just haven't found the right person" that's as bad a saying you just haven't found the right girl to a homosexual man.

Well said. I'm asexual myself and I've had a lot of difficulty with people of other sexualities, whether they're hetero, gay, or bi, trying to wrap their minds around my preference. Apparently they can't seem to comprehend the very idea of me not wishing to be in a relationship or have sex with anybody. I've even been called a robot before by friends just because of this. But I have plenty of platonic feelings and love for my friends and I'm affectionate and will hug on them. I just don't want to date or have sex with any of them, or anyone else for that matter. It's as simple as that. No, that doesn't mean I don't have a libido, though. Because I do. I just don't want anyone else's help with it. I can handle things on my own, thanks.

--------------------
Pokemans and Clicking Policy (click to show)

~*~Keeper of the Glameow Army~*~
(Currently accepting applications. Is YOUR Glameow a bad enough dude to rescue the president from ninjas join the ranks of the Glameow Army?)

||||~~~*#The Clicking Coalition#*~~~||||

Currently attempting to breed:
X
The two Pokémon don't like each other very much.
(I don't want more Nosepass eggs, you stupid @$%&#! >:[
Egg count: Nosepass = 6; Solrock = 2)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Suschan
post May 6 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #42

DUDE! Did you just say Viewtiful?~
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 690

CLAM SPAH'S

QUOTE(Lindley @ May 5 2009, 08:49 PM) *
@Susachan: kids get bullied for all kinds of reasons. People have silly ideas about adopted children, and think it's a case of sweet little babies smelling of talcum powder given up by loving, but poor, single mothers to be adopted by rich heterosexual couples. A child adopted by a same-sex couple at least won't be bullied for going to school stinking of congealed excrement and dried sweat and rotting teeth, or for severe behavioural problems linked to abuse and neglect, which is sadly par for the course for children who get taken away by social workers and offered for adoption. Being born to het families doesn't exactly save them from bullying.

I think kids are far better off in a loving, supportive same-sex family than in a lot of the heteosexual fmailies out there.

You have good points

I know I know, being bullied myself, for stupid reasons. (And I'm from a single parent family and I love living in it)
And I'm not against people of the same-sex taking in children, I'm quite happy if children/babies/teens get to go to a loving family regardless of who are in the family.

Actualy I don't even have a imagine of what a adopted child looks like, I think it's a kid just like everyone else. And social workers don't take away children if the child of right age. (A younger friend of mine is getting an apparment through the social workers) But this is getting off topic.

And you must have been tired when you wrote this. I hope you didn't have a rough day or anything. (don't take this in the wrong way, I'm just worried)

--------------------

~Click em' I'll click you back!
I update my signature frequently

Currently Breeding: Nothing at the moment

My Dragon Cave Scroll is always welcome to visitors
Character quiz results (click to show)
+Quote Post

Verity Lily
post May 6 2009, 02:27 AM
Post #43

Butterfree Farm
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 11 834

Heart Gold

@Suschan - not taking it the wrong way, but why? Because I suffer from the typo monster? *grin* Sorry about that. Or because I was stressed? It's kind of an emotional topic for me.

On same-sex adoption, Be My Parent org UKs May feature is on gay and lesbian adoption, there's all kinds of stuff on their website under Features.

--------------------

Legendaries (click to show)

group banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

DwaynaDF
post May 8 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #44

Shapeshifting She-Dragon
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 362

My Favourites

Righto, here's my short little run down of what I think about the different sexualities.

Heterosexual: These people are amusing in so many ways sometimes. I like them, just so long as they're accepting of me.

Homosexual: Honestly, I don't see the big fuss about it. "OH NOES, a book says we can't do it, so it must be true!" Honestly, people. The only book you should ever follow is the one telling you what the laws of your country is. They are human beings, and are no less of such just because they were born different.

Bisexual: I am one. Enough said. But in other instances, we -can- be loyal to one partner, regardless of their gender. It's like a normal relationship: You may look at other people and think their gorgeous/handsome, but as long as you don't cheat, then there's no problem. We're also scrutinized, and some people say it's just attention seeking. Right. I totally imagine myself with another woman sometimes just for fun or all the relationships I've had with men have been totally faked. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by DwaynaDF: May 8 2009, 05:24 PM

--------------------
Currently Breeding: Nothing

My Party:
+Quote Post

Emphyria
post May 11 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 883

The Go-Rock Squad

I must admit that I have a varied view on certain aspects of sexuality...

Homosexuals I have nothing against, I consider this natural and genetic. If you are attracted to the same sex, it makes you happy and you're comfortable with your choice then I'm happy for you.

Heterosexual is the category I fall under. I'm neutral towards this standpoint given that it's the most 'natural' so to speak. It promotes reproduction, is the most common type of sexuality and appears throughout the animal kingdom. It's difficult to have an opinion on it.

Bi-sexual though?

*Winces*

This is where it gets awkward for me. In a manner of speaking I always regard it as "You're either one or the other". This isn't from a religious stand point (I'm not religious), this is from a PERSONAL stand point. When it comes to the Bi-sexual population I actually consider them to be quite...greedy? I know that may come off as offensive to people in this sect but that's how I regard it. It's as if this particular sect can't make up their mind, if things don't go there way with one sex they do a 180 and go for the other for a while which isn't something I can stomach very well. In my view it's along the lines of indecision and so forth (or such is my thought process).

That isn't to say I wouldn't associate with bi-sexuals or befriend them but I would never date them or take an interest in that aspect of their lives because it is one of the few things I can't stop myself from wrinkling my nose at in distaste. I hate being one to judge and I hate it when people lack in tolerance myself which is why I find it so hard to admit, but that would be one of the few things I can't meet eye to eye on.

However!

I will not and never will begrudge anyone their chosen lifestyle. While I admit there may be some I can't tolerate very well I don't rule their lives and in a world like this it's nearly impossible to decipher what's "wrong" and what's "right", particularly on this subject. If they're happy then that's all that matters; I'd just appreciate it if they didn't involve me in it as that would become awkward.

Sorry if I sparked a few people in what I said, it's not meant to be provocative but explaining my thought processes is a little difficult when I have to admit to a lack of tolerance.

--------------------
"The Incubator"
If you click my eggs, I promise to return the favour~!

+Quote Post

Atom
post May 12 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #46

I AM THE KING OF ITALY
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 925

My Slaves

QUOTE(Emphyria @ May 11 2009, 08:16 PM) *
I must admit that I have a varied view on certain aspects of sexuality...

Homosexuals I have nothing against, I consider this natural and genetic. If you are attracted to the same sex, it makes you happy and you're comfortable with your choice then I'm happy for you.

Heterosexual is the category I fall under. I'm neutral towards this standpoint given that it's the most 'natural' so to speak. It promotes reproduction, is the most common type of sexuality and appears throughout the animal kingdom. It's difficult to have an opinion on it.

Bi-sexual though?

*Winces*

This is where it gets awkward for me. In a manner of speaking I always regard it as "You're either one or the other". This isn't from a religious stand point (I'm not religious), this is from a PERSONAL stand point. When it comes to the Bi-sexual population I actually consider them to be quite...greedy? I know that may come off as offensive to people in this sect but that's how I regard it. It's as if this particular sect can't make up their mind, if things don't go there way with one sex they do a 180 and go for the other for a while which isn't something I can stomach very well. In my view it's along the lines of indecision and so forth (or such is my thought process).

That isn't to say I wouldn't associate with bi-sexuals or befriend them but I would never date them or take an interest in that aspect of their lives because it is one of the few things I can't stop myself from wrinkling my nose at in distaste. I hate being one to judge and I hate it when people lack in tolerance myself which is why I find it so hard to admit, but that would be one of the few things I can't meet eye to eye on.

However!

I will not and never will begrudge anyone their chosen lifestyle. While I admit there may be some I can't tolerate very well I don't rule their lives and in a world like this it's nearly impossible to decipher what's "wrong" and what's "right", particularly on this subject. If they're happy then that's all that matters; I'd just appreciate it if they didn't involve me in it as that would become awkward.

Sorry if I sparked a few people in what I said, it's not meant to be provocative but explaining my thought processes is a little difficult when I have to admit to a lack of tolerance.

This is where I repeat my question. Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't someone simply be attracted to both sexes?

It's like saying you can only like dogs or cats. Cannot someone simply like both dogs or cats and appreciate each of them for their own unique qualities?

I do appreciate your last statement; whatever your beliefs, it's good to not begrudge others. I just fail to understand how bi-sexuality can seem so hard to understand to both heterosexuals and homosexuals sometimes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Naegi Makoto
post May 14 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #47

Super High-School Level Luck
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 609

Platinum Team

The word 'choice' thrown into sexuality continues to bug me. It's not a choice. How you express it is, yes, but you don't choose your sexuality.

Anyway...there's no inherent problem with any particular sexual orientation. Nor are any of them unnatural--since when did unnatural mean 'bad' anyway? Cities are unnatural. Houses are unnatural. Even clothes are unnatural. It's not a bad thing, even if it was unnatural not to be heterosexual...but it isn't. It's laughable to attempt to claim that a biological condition is unnatural.

I know several bisexuals, and trust me when I say that 'getting bored of one side' is not the case. They just don't see gender as a particular issue in being attracted to someone. I kind of wish i was bi.

--------------------

Now breeding for Eiscue and (Snowy) Girafarig!
+Quote Post

SyrusDragon
post May 14 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 651

GEN. 1 Favorites

Well...I was born a Christian....converted over to Wiccan. I'm fine with all three. I am a female bisexual...I take love as it comes. My mum always told me, "Loves Knows no Gender" What does it matter if one is bi or homo? I think we can't choose our sexuality. Like me, one day some people may find one of their same gender friends VERY attractive. Though not everyone will, only some. I still find guys attractive.....I'm glad I found a guy that loves me for who I really am and doesn't mind that I have a girlfriend too. lol

If your happy, what does it matter what your sexuality is?

--------------------

-------------------
Warm/Feed mine??? I'll help yours too!! ^_^.gif I ALWAYS click back!!!

Dragon Cave...Click please? (click to show)
+Quote Post

lydiab02
post May 15 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #49

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 650

Active Squad

It really saddens me about both sides how the religious text is interpreted in this sense:
For one thing, people aren't condemned to hell for being homosexual or bisexual nor do straight people get a free all-expense-payed trip to heaven. People interpret this the wrong way. It may be a sin according to the Bible, but it's not somehow magically more of a sin than stealing a candy bar or fighting with your parents. How many of us, according to the Bible, would then be condemned to hell for committing a sin? I thought so.

some references may not be suitable for all ages (click to show)

I apologize if this offends anyone, as it was not intended to do so. As always, this is just one person's opinion on the subject and is free to be discussed.

This post has been edited by lydiab02: May 15 2009, 11:24 PM

--------------------

Well, while you're looking at my signature you might as well take a look at my eggies wink.gif
+Quote Post

Atom
post May 17 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #50

I AM THE KING OF ITALY
Group Icon

My Slaves

QUOTE(lydiab02 @ May 16 2009, 12:22 AM) *
It really saddens me about both sides how the religious text is interpreted in this sense:
For one thing, people aren't condemned to hell for being homosexual or bisexual nor do straight people get a free all-expense-payed trip to heaven. People interpret this the wrong way. It may be a sin according to the Bible, but it's not somehow magically more of a sin than stealing a candy bar or fighting with your parents. How many of us, according to the Bible, would then be condemned to hell for committing a sin? I thought so.

some references may not be suitable for all ages (click to show)

I apologize if this offends anyone, as it was not intended to do so. As always, this is just one person's opinion on the subject and is free to be discussed.

This! It boggles the mind how there can be people that are so against homosexuality, calling it a sin guaranteed to send you to hell, but conveniently ignore the laws against say, eating shellfish or mixing fibers. All sins are equal in your god's eyes. If you're going to condemn homosexuality, but refuse to have the other laws applied to you, then condemn it on the basis of the passage in Romans, not on the Old Testament.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Emphyria
post May 18 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #51

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 883

The Go-Rock Squad

Just in response to your previous post Crunch - I can't really explain WHY I feel that way. The easiest way I can really describe it is when you think of opposing cultures. I'll use an extreme example to try and make it as clear as possible.

I live in a "civilised" world, I put that in inverted commas because some may beg to differ.

In the jungle there are cannibalistic tribes - to me this is brutality. I can't understand why they would take part in these acts, I can't understand why they aren't horrified by it.

Now if they came to civilised society here, it's highly unlikely they would understand or like OUR way of living.

In a manner of speaking it "Does not Compute". It just doesn't make sense.

I'm aware that scientists have proven that homosexuals and heterosexuals differ biologically yet no such research has been done to explain how or why Bi-sexuals are the way they are. So to me you are either "one or the other"; because that has been proven by scientific evidence.

I can understand your point of view and exasperation at why hetero/homosexual people can't understand your way of life but there's a good chance they're a bit like me. It just doesn't make sense to me, it doesn't compute and in my head it just doesn't work...all it springs to mind is "greedy".

I'm sorry that's really the only way I can explain it. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but that's how I perceive things to be in Emphy-World. ._.;

--------------------
"The Incubator"
If you click my eggs, I promise to return the favour~!

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post May 18 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #52

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I'm a homosexual myself, so I know for a fact that it's not a choice.
I even tried to "choose" to be Bisexual, but I'm not. I can't do it.
I've come to accept it. In fact, I even like it!

I'm not against anti-homosexual's, it's just that some of them can be a bit mean.
My whole family is full of them, and it wasn't a fun adventure when I told my Dad...last week.

This post has been edited by johnrichard1991: May 18 2009, 04:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kaname Madoka
post May 19 2009, 04:08 AM
Post #53

housewife extraordinaire!
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 542

Team HG

Homosexuality CAN be a choice, though I know that in many cases it isn't. Just had to mention that. Either way, it shouldn't matter whether you chose to be homosexual or you were born that way; you are the way you are and you should be loved for who you are!
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post May 20 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #54

Look closer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

Active Squad

Homosexuality and Bisexuality are not sins as defined by the Catholic Church; the acts are what are sins. In other words, "You can be gay, but you can't BE gay."

Which I find bullshit of course. Considering I'm bisexual and there's nothing wrong with me. Sexuality is not a choice, you can't train yourself to be a certain sexuality. It's also not stemmed from some "mental defect" because then all of us would be running around like we belong in the Psych ward.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Kurai H
post May 20 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 329

Diamond

I myself am bisexual and see absolutely nothing wrong at all with homosexual marriage. And one thing about the people that use the bible as the "weapon against homos" just confuses me... They are attacking an entire society because they love each other just because of one verse of the old testament which can be translated to almost anything, while that same collection of stories said that the christian god hates shrimp and that it is a forbidden food, why aren't they protesting against the seafood restaurants that use shrimp in nearly every dish?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Animato
post May 20 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #56

Pie. Yum.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 295

Active Squad

My parents raised me to be open-minded, though I am heterosexual. I have nothing against bisexuals or homosexuals. Many of my friends are in fact either bisexual or homosexual. Though my mother doesn't care about other people's sexuality she's AGAINST gay marriage. I found that disturbing because I was perfectly content with it. She was so set against it and it made me want to punch her. Why not let two people in love have the same rights you have? It's just all too confusing to me because sexuality is closely linked with religion. I being Atheist don't believe in God or the bible and so it makes my views different.

I'm not too sure if it can be a choice or not. I myself am not either bi or gay so I have no say.

This post has been edited by Animato: May 20 2009, 10:07 PM

--------------------

I do not return one clicks.

Claims (click to show)

SHINee Love (click to show)
+Quote Post

Atom
post May 22 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #57

I AM THE KING OF ITALY
Group Icon

My Slaves

QUOTE(Emphyria @ May 18 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Just in response to your previous post Crunch - I can't really explain WHY I feel that way. The easiest way I can really describe it is when you think of opposing cultures. I'll use an extreme example to try and make it as clear as possible.

I live in a "civilised" world, I put that in inverted commas because some may beg to differ.

In the jungle there are cannibalistic tribes - to me this is brutality. I can't understand why they would take part in these acts, I can't understand why they aren't horrified by it.

Now if they came to civilised society here, it's highly unlikely they would understand or like OUR way of living.

In a manner of speaking it "Does not Compute". It just doesn't make sense.

I'm aware that scientists have proven that homosexuals and heterosexuals differ biologically yet no such research has been done to explain how or why Bi-sexuals are the way they are. So to me you are either "one or the other"; because that has been proven by scientific evidence.

I can understand your point of view and exasperation at why hetero/homosexual people can't understand your way of life but there's a good chance they're a bit like me. It just doesn't make sense to me, it doesn't compute and in my head it just doesn't work...all it springs to mind is "greedy".

I'm sorry that's really the only way I can explain it. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but that's how I perceive things to be in Emphy-World. ._.;

First, to clarify, I am homosexual myself, not bisexual.

I see what you are trying to say, but I still don't understand why bisexuality seems "greedy". It's not as if all bisexuals are actively choosing to like both males and females in order to have some supposed increased chance to "get some", and it's not as if every bisexual is dating both a guy and girl at the same time. Bisexuality doesn't work that way.

Bisexuality is an attraction, not a method of relationship. Having multiple partners would be polyamory. It's this tendency to think only in a binary fashion that leads to an inability to comprehend liking more than one sex. I encourage you to check out the Kinsey Scale some time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Otawan
post Jun 10 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #58

Queen of the British Yakuza.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 514

Diamond Party

A) I don't think homosexuality is a choice. I'm heterosexual, so I don't have a first hand experience or knowledge on this, but most people who claim it is a choice don't either.

B) Look at Rome, they were a fully functioning and advanced society with homosexuality. Rome was obviously advanced for it's time, and if anyone wants to argue that homosexuals can degrade a society, then Rome will is my argument.

C) I think there are real bisexuals out there, who are attracted to both genders, but I also think a lot of people who are unsure of themselves use this term too freely.

To be breif, I think homosexuality definitely has it's place in society, it's neither wrong, disgusting or un-natural.

--------------------

I feed/warm back. <3
+Quote Post

InsanePenguin
post Jul 14 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 44 010

Active Squad

I, personally, really hate people who want to act like homosexuality is morally wrong. Gay people are not affecting their lives. And if they think that homosexuality is wrong because of gays not reproducing, then they can chew on this fact: There are a lot of children in this world who have no parents. If you are a protester of homosexuality, that answer me this, please. Would you really only accept people in this world who go in pairs of different gender, and reproduce rather than adopt? What is wrong with gay people adopting children? We've already got enough people. We don't need to produce lots and lots more.

Thanks for reading.

I encourage all types of sexuality, and that was my argument for homosexuality!

--------------------
Hi!
Now let's see if I can keep this updated.
My party:

My two shinies:

The first few pokes I hatched. They're my favorites, but don't tell my other pokemon! They're all level 100. I'm so proud!

I always try to click back full party!
These be some PC boxes I like. ^_^.gif
+Quote Post

Crystal Shards
post Jul 14 2009, 07:31 AM
Post #60

Iced Out
Group Icon

Member No.: 250

Favorites

I have no problem with anyone of any kind of sexuality, so long as it's between two consenting adults. If you want to have an orgy, go ahead. If you want to screw guys, girls, both, neither, do so. I really couldn't care less about your sex life, and I don't see how you getting married affects me getting married, unless we happen to be into the same guy.

And I don't get the "It's unnatural" argument. Did you wake up one day and say to yourself, "Ya know, I think I'm going to be straight"? I know I never did. It just happened. Why do people assume that it's different for gays? Who would intentionally pretend to like men or women to get beat up and denied rights? That's stupid.

This post has been edited by Crystal Shards: Jul 14 2009, 07:32 AM

--------------------
Administrator of Mercury Ice Forums

I click full party even after you switch out Pokemon.

DieHard GameFAN
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:39 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.