Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Abortion
DrMmmPie
post Aug 13 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 76 024

Active Squad

Taken from Dogma
BETHANY
Well thank you for being out here so late... Come
to think of it, what are you doing out here so late?

(freezes)

Wait a second are you protestors?

JAY
What's a protestor?

BETHANY
You're not with the Right-to-Lifer's?

JAY
You mean those f**** with the signs and pictures
of dead babies? S*** no. Me and Silent Bob are
pro-choice: a woman's body is her own f******
business.

I think Jason Mewes sums it up, just right. and I think the same, so I'm pro-choice

tl;dr I'm Pro-choice

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Aug 14 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #42

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Aug 13 2010, 11:17 AM) *
QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Aug 8 2010, 01:00 AM) *
I don't like abortion but I accept that people will probably have them anyway.

I'd rather have women go to actual certified doctors for it then unlicensed people.

I think the father should know if the mother wants an abortion (except in rape and incest cases of course).

I think fathers should stay out of it. To many deadbeat and/or abusive dads would harp about how they don't want their kid to die, then not help the mother at all.
Woman's body, woman's choice.

Also, bogus 'charities' like those deserve to be sued and shut down.
Fucking pigs

Legally the father doesn't have a choice with what the mother does anyway. He can't make decisions for her. If she's pro-choice and he's pro-life and she wants an abortion, he can't stop her. Reverse the roles, he can't force her to get an abortion either.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

pichu egg
post Oct 28 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 73 877

Pokemon Lab Team

I'm pro-choice.

1. I'm not a Bible-thumper.
2. It will help lower population growth.
3.It's the woman's choice.

Although I'm pro-choice until the 24th week and I WILL Support abortion in any case of rape, incest, maternal life, and all of that.

--------------------

Shoddy Battle record: 15 wins/ 6 losses

Runescape account name: Sir Koopaman
Shoddy Battle account name and Smogon account name: Sir Koopaman
+Quote Post

NeonEspeon
post Nov 20 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #44

:D
Group Icon

Member No.: 117 681

Beautiful Pokemon

I support abortion.

Although it's a sad procedure...I guess it's for the better??? :/

--------------------
Ribbons (click to show)

Credit to Quiver Dance/Samoo

Groups (click to show)

Shiny(s)/Click Meh Partey (click to show)
+Quote Post

jhunter
post Nov 23 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 121 119

Active Squad

I'm pro choice, even though I will never be able to make the choice, because I don't want to limit a woman's rights. It all depends on the circumstances though, I wouldn't want a woman to get an abortion without thinking about it, because that's just cruel.

Funfact: If abortion was made illegal, you would still be able to get an abortion if was rape, or threatened your life.

I'm so glad I'm a male, we don't ever have to do the hard stuff.

--------------------
I need strong pokemon to protect me from Evil Wizards, so warm my eggs and feed my pokemon.
+Quote Post

evolutionrex
post Nov 26 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 391

Active Squad

I believe it's a mother's choice, but I'm actually surprised on how many pro-choice people posted here.

--------------------
Please! Visit my eggs! It's important, and you know it!
+Quote Post

Hitaka5Ever
post Mar 6 2011, 06:29 AM
Post #47

is deep in Hitaka Hell
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 935

Battle Subway Team

I am pro-choice and neutral-abortion, meaning I'm not fore or against. If a mother wishes to abort their fetus for any reason, doesn't matter what, then I'm okay with that. If a woman wants to keep their fetus, then fine. It isn't hurting me so it doesn't bother me
+Quote Post

ForeverIsNow
post Mar 24 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 126 140

Active Squad

Abortion is a weird subject for me. If you had sex without a condom, don't just abort the baby like an irresponsible idiot.
However, if you were raped, or fi the baby and you are both going to die anyways, I believe personally that's okay.

--------------------
+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Mar 24 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #49

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

QUOTE(ForeverIsNow @ Mar 24 2011, 09:58 PM) *
Abortion is a weird subject for me. If you had sex without a condom, don't just abort the baby like an irresponsible idiot.
However, if you were raped, or fi the baby and you are both going to die anyways, I believe personally that's okay.

People that do NOT want children could be possibly abusive parents or not meet the emotional support requirements that the child/children NEED. And abusive parents leads to a high chance of those children being abusive to their children when they grow up. Aborting a baby isn't irresponsible if they know they won't be able to handle it, won't want to look after it, will neglect it, will act horrible to it or so on. It would actually be RESPONSIBLE to get rid of it instead of keeping it. There are quite a lot of situations where it would be better not to keep it.

And no, giving it up for adoption is not a good idea before you even bring it up. The adoption system is rubbish. Any kid above 6 is less likely to be adopted because they can already talk, walk, eat, drink and do the main things that adults want to teach their children to do. And the main people that adopt can't have children of their own and just want a cute baby that they can raise as their own. Any kid above 10 is very unlikely to be adopted because they know a lot parents want to teach them already. If you are 15 or older then you are incredibly unlikely to be adopted because you aren't as cute as babies and you are almost an adult.

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 24 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #50

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

i'm pretty sure a select few of those kids put up for adoption are adopted, and... well, i can't really imagine what's more depressing; actually aborting the child or being put up for adoption and knowing my parents didn't really want me. :S it's so depressing to think about..

--------------------
+Quote Post

Iconox
post Mar 24 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #51

Romantic Misanthropist
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 260

Legend League

Sorry if I've already posted here (can't totally remember xD)

I'm not into abortion much. In my opinion, if you choose to have unprotected sex and wind up pregnant, then it's not really the fault of the kid. Why should the unborn baby die? As Raven put it though, dying or knowing that your parents didn't want you are both pretty suckish so it's not really good either way.

That being said though, I wouldn't tell a person to not have an abortion. I see it as immoral but it's wrong in my opinion to force one's views upon another.

This post has been edited by Iconox: Mar 24 2011, 10:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Mar 25 2011, 03:23 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Roster in Diamond

QUOTE(Mercenary Raven @ Mar 25 2011, 12:03 AM) *
i'm pretty sure a select few of those kids put up for adoption are adopted, and... well, i can't really imagine what's more depressing; actually aborting the child or being put up for adoption and knowing my parents didn't really want me. :S it's so depressing to think about..

Well, the ones that were aborted would never truly know life and wouldn't know what was going on. However, children put up for adoption are either unwanted or the parents could no longer look after them. And as they get older it is less and less likely they will be adopted so I'd say the giving up children for adoption is the most depressing because if they aren't adopted, they grow up feeling unwanted. There are a select few that are adopted at 15+ but it is like children being sponsored, the youngest are all picked quite quickly because they are cute but the oldest ones take longer to get picked, if they are picked at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 25 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

Active Squad

I still find abortion depressing because you're still killing (human) life, it's just subjective from there because that life doesn't really have a conscience.

--------------------
+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Mar 25 2011, 05:18 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Roster in Diamond

QUOTE(Mercenary Raven @ Mar 25 2011, 04:28 PM) *
I still find abortion depressing because you're still killing (human) life, it's just subjective from there because that life doesn't really have a conscience.

I don't find that depressing but I've never been that affected by the death of humans. I can see the reasons why you would find it depressing, the adoption thing just seems more depressing to me because they are alive but feel unwanted if not adopted. To me, emotional suffering is just worse than the death of someone that doesn't understand life.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Iconox
post Mar 25 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #55

Romantic Misanthropist
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 260

Legend League

QUOTE(MoogleSam @ Mar 25 2011, 06:18 PM) *
QUOTE(Mercenary Raven @ Mar 25 2011, 04:28 PM) *

I don't find that depressing but I've never been that affected by the death of humans. I can see the reasons why you would find it depressing, the adoption thing just seems more depressing to me because they are alive but feel unwanted if not adopted. To me, emotional suffering is just worse than the death of someone that doesn't understand life.

I see your point. It's still murder in a way though; therefore, no matter how depressed the person could become, it's still taking their life.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 25 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Active Squad

I mean we can beat around the bush with "what is murder" and "what isn't murder" but in the end I guess we can all agree to disagree that everyone's sense of justified and unjustified death is subjective in the case of abortion.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kira Wolf
post Mar 26 2011, 05:18 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 121 092

Active Squad

I cannot remember if I posted here before, but I do not think abortion is right. You're giving up your own child. I think that is cold and heartless. If you did not want the baby in the first place, why have it? It just isn't right and in my opinion doesn't exactly make sense.
Whoever does abort though is cold and heartless, unless, they were doing it for a good reason. The only good way I can see you abort a child is if you cannot afford to take care of them or something like that, then it could appear to make sense and seem right.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 27 2011, 01:11 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

Active Squad

I find your stance contradictory, because it's hard/actually impossible to find the objective morality you want with abortions. I mean yeah, there are many people who would be absolutely fucked over if they didn't get an abortion, but there are many people that can afford to not have one and yet they still do it anyway just because they were abusing the system...

it's kind of hypocrisy if you say "well I had the murdering of innocent children" but then say "oh wait but THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS!" because that's showing a double standard... basically what i'm saying is the second half of your post directly contradicts the first half in a way that most people don't realize... so in legalizing abortion, pro-choice so to speak, we need to legalize all abortions as opposed to the ones that are done "for good reason." It's kind of a black-and-white issue as a result, because most wandering into the gray area has hypocrisy attached to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kira Wolf
post Mar 27 2011, 06:23 AM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 121 092

Active Squad

Ah...yes. I apologize for my post, if it did not make sense. I do think all abortions should be legal like you said. Even if it is for a bad reason.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 27 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #60

Group Icon

Active Squad

Oh no, it made perfect sense, sorry if I worded myself awkwardly, but I just thought there was a bit of self-contradiction in there. You cleared it up by taking a stance, at any rate.

--------------------
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 10:24 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.