Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ghosts?, Real or Fake
Reyo
post Nov 28 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #21

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(FancyGranola @ Nov 28 2010, 05:06 AM) *
QUOTE(evolutionrex @ Nov 26 2010, 11:57 AM) *
beliefs are in fact religion, just your own beliefs in a official religion.

What?
I believe in evolution. Evolution is not a religion. Others believe in it. Natural selection is too good.

Do not throw around the term "Atheist" around like that. Yes it means you do not believe in God. But God itself is a touchy subject. It immediately strikes a negative string no matter how you phrase it.

So people do not believe in God. Doesn't mean others do not believe in the supernatural. Poltergeists are everyone's friends.

QUOTE(Ezio Auditore da Firenze @ Nov 26 2010, 01:01 PM) *
Can't we all just get along

It's a debate.

Agreed. Assuming ghosts exist, why would they limit themselves to those of religion? That's just as rediculous as thinking an alien invasion is going to start, or that some psycho is going to break in the night after you watch a scary movie. It's not like all of these things are waiting in the background for you to watch a movie...or turn to a religion to start pulling shenanigans.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Ezio Auditore da...
post Nov 28 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #22

Ignorance must be bliss.
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 554

CAVE AHEAD

QUOTE(FancyGranola @ Nov 28 2010, 04:06 AM) *
It's a debate.

I know, but that was aimed at all the religion related things being said in a debate about personal belief on ghosts. It was just jokey anyway, so don't take it seriously.

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 28 2010, 03:30 PM) *
Agreed. Assuming ghosts exist, why would they limit themselves to those of religion? That's just as rediculous as thinking an alien invasion is going to start, or that some psycho is going to break in the night after you watch a scary movie. It's not like all of these things are waiting in the background for you to watch a movie...or turn to a religion to start pulling shenanigans.

Maybe it's because religious people are considered more "spiritual", what with the belief in a deity, and easier to "contact" because of this. At least, that's what my great grandmother, who was a devout catholic, said to me on the subject a few years ago.
I myself can't see this. Does this mean that it's impossible to have a true experience without following a religion?
Ghost have yet to be proven, but yet to be disproved, too.
Until there is solid proof there's no such thing as ghosts, I'll believe.
So with that I'll take my leave.

--------------------

+Quote Post

evolutionrex
post Nov 29 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 391

Active Squad

QUOTE(FancyGranola @ Nov 28 2010, 01:06 AM) *
QUOTE(evolutionrex @ Nov 26 2010, 11:57 AM) *
beliefs are in fact religion, just your own beliefs in a official religion.

What?
I believe in evolution. Evolution is not a religion. Others believe in it. Natural selection is too good.

Do not throw around the term "Atheist" around like that. Yes it means you do not believe in God. But God itself is a touchy subject. It immediately strikes a negative string no matter how you phrase it.

So people do not believe in God. Doesn't mean others do not believe in the supernatural. Poltergeists are everyone's friends.

Okay, religion by definition is something you believe. Is it an official religion? Does it have churches? No, but it's still something you believe. Evolution is part of your religion. your kind of personal religion. What you believe is your religion.

And now your saying i can't mention my atheism? that's offensive. Your saying it's "negative?"

And, no just becuase your atheist doesn't mean you don't believe in ghost but name me one. It's uncommon, that's all i meant.

--------------------
Please! Visit my eggs! It's important, and you know it!
+Quote Post

FancyGranola
post Nov 29 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #24

Elite Double Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 673

Life

QUOTE(evolutionrex @ Nov 28 2010, 09:20 PM) *
Okay, religion by definition is something you believe. Is it an official religion? Does it have churches? No, but it's still something you believe. Evolution is part of your religion. your kind of personal religion. What you believe is your religion.

/end discussion

And now your saying i can't mention my atheism? that's offensive. Your saying it's "negative?"

Never said you can't. But I recommend not using the term because evidently, it doesn't give good results. Clearly it shows that the term "Atheist" is not well understood.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Evangelion
post Nov 29 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #25

From now on, I claim the Milotic
Group Icon

Member No.: 121 279

Milotic <3

QUOTE(FancyGranola @ Nov 29 2010, 01:27 PM) *

/end discussion

Never said you can't. But I recommend not using the term because evidently, it doesn't give good results. Clearly it shows that the term "Atheist" is not well understood.

On topic, I believe that there are ghost that exist in this world. Documentaries have shown and proven that some supernatural things are occuring all over the world. Yes, people do not believe it, but then again, there is no concrete evidence that actually states that ghosts do not exist. Or probably there are I couldn't find any. So, unless anyone can show some concrete evidence that ghost do not exist, the possibility of ghosts exisiting in this world will still be there.

Sorry for my bad english though. srsfacts.gif

--------------------

Awesome Gijinka made by Move Along

|

GPXPlus and VDex party

I returned for Clickbacks! Only for GPX, don't expect clickbacks from VDex

Personal Information (click to show)
Collection of Gyarados (click to show)
Shiny Hunts (click to show)
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 29 2010, 01:36 AM
Post #26

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(Ezio Auditore da Firenze @ Nov 28 2010, 09:00 PM) *
QUOTE(FancyGranola @ Nov 28 2010, 04:06 AM) *
It's a debate.

I know, but that was aimed at all the religion related things being said in a debate about personal belief on ghosts. It was just jokey anyway, so don't take it seriously.

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 28 2010, 03:30 PM) *

Maybe it's because religious people are considered more "spiritual", what with the belief in a deity, and easier to "contact" because of this. At least, that's what my great grandmother, who was a devout catholic, said to me on the subject a few years ago.
I myself can't see this. Does this mean that it's impossible to have a true experience without following a religion?
Ghost have yet to be proven, but yet to be disproved, too.
Until there is solid proof there's no such thing as ghosts, I'll believe.
So with that I'll take my leave.

It's probably more that it happens to everyone, but the religious people say "ghosts" while the nonreligious people say "weird shit that isn't ghosts" (or they ignore it). It's a lot seeing more of a certain car everywhere after buying that model of car. It was everywhere before buying the car, it's just that it wasn't important to you.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Tetsuo
post Dec 4 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #27

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 86 219

R.I.P. Yellow team

You know what they say... Fear is the Mindkiller
Being scared plays tricks on our mind.
So no, I don't logically believe in ghosts.
I lol at those ghost hunter shows. They just look around old, dark places and point everything that occurs to a ghost.

--------------------

| Click my party! -> |
sprite credits: 1
+Quote Post

Daruny
post Dec 4 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 122 696

Active Squad

Believe in ghost but I've never seen one.

Do I want to see one?

Of course.

Will I be scared silly?

In a way no... but if it had a rocket launcher then yes.

--------------------
I'll take care of you.
+Quote Post

Evangelion
post Dec 8 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #29

From now on, I claim the Milotic
Group Icon

Member No.: 121 279

Milotic <3

QUOTE(AetherWolf @ Dec 5 2010, 07:35 AM) *
You know what they say... Fear is the Mindkiller
Being scared plays tricks on our mind.
So no, I don't logically believe in ghosts.
I lol at those ghost hunter shows. They just look around old, dark places and point everything that occurs to a ghost.

Objection. Ghost Hunter shows don't just point at anything that occurs to a ghost. So if you think it's not, you can feel free to prove it. I think it is ghost, although I've never seen one. And yes, those dark, old places are pretty lame. And when you are afraid, your brain play tricks on you. That's true. But then sometimes, people experience things when they AREN'T afraid. But there is a possibility they are trying to get famous or something. Like those famous UFO sighting might all be farmers throwing their hat around snapping pictures and show it to researchers and they stupidly believe it's an UFO. I don't believe in UFO, but I believe in ghost.

--------------------

Awesome Gijinka made by Move Along

|

GPXPlus and VDex party

I returned for Clickbacks! Only for GPX, don't expect clickbacks from VDex

Personal Information (click to show)
Collection of Gyarados (click to show)
Shiny Hunts (click to show)
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

kyuudos
post Dec 12 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #30

PASTAAAAAAAA~
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 043

PWNED

Okay, Evolutionrex and Fancy.
This is about GHOSTS!
G-H-O-S-T-S!
Not about how religion EFFECTS ghosts!
All I want to know, if if you belive in them, or not.
So quit this little discussion about what you think religion has to with this and that.
'Kay? Alright.

This post has been edited by TehHuntress: Dec 12 2010, 07:01 PM

--------------------

Kyudo the Aura Squirrel
All Avatar credit goes to their owners!I own nothing!
I Claim: Otto, Ruki, Tammy, and Bob

Other Sites I'm On:
Tumblr

Groups/Shops/Dexes/and My Party (click to show)

Stuff Made 4 Me (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Corrosion
post Dec 12 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #31

I think I just ate a chicken bone.
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 850

HG Party

When my cat died i saw almost an outline of it in the house but upon closer inspection the cat's shadow was not there.

Yes i believe that ghosts exist but they are benevolent things that just go "woogy, woogy, woogy" or just appear somewhere.

--------------------
Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bettadude
post Dec 18 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 241

SS Team

NO I DO NOT BELIEVE IN GHOSTS. CLICK MY TEXT, IT WILL ELABORATE.

This post has been edited by Bettadude: Dec 18 2010, 11:22 PM

--------------------
Please, click it so it doesn't die like the last one!
+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Dec 19 2010, 02:42 AM
Post #33

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

QUOTE(Bettadude @ Dec 19 2010, 04:21 AM) *

Explains some, not all and besides, on the first half it says only 22% felt dread because of the sound at that concert so 78% didn't feel dread which is they way it should have affected them. So only 22% of people would be affected by it which, rounded down, is a fifth. :/

Some can probably also be explained by gas leaks or mental issues, others can be explained by the eyes playing tricks on you but, when you boil it down until there are no ways left to explain what could have happened, there will still be unexplained sightings left.

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

Zappuzebura
post Dec 20 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #34

The Empress of All Flying types!
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 135

Take to the Sky!

Ghosts ARE real! No doubt about it! My mom had an experience with her dead dog once. But also, Ghost
Adventures on travel channel, and Ghost hunters, are totally legit! There is no way on planet unicorn that they wouldn't exist! Whew. I like this thread. Curses to the non believers!

--------------------
Previously SPLICETASTICA

I'm creating my own pokemon region, it's called the Taroh Region. For more info, just find my DA page.
See my DA page
I also do many other things, mostly drawings. Ask me anytime.
+Quote Post

Bettadude
post Dec 24 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 241

SS Team

QUOTE(MoogleSam @ Dec 19 2010, 02:42 AM) *
QUOTE(Bettadude @ Dec 19 2010, 04:21 AM) *

Explains some, not all and besides, on the first half it says only 22% felt dread because of the sound at that concert so 78% didn't feel dread which is they way it should have affected them. So only 22% of people would be affected by it which, rounded down, is a fifth. :/

Some can probably also be explained by gas leaks or mental issues, others can be explained by the eyes playing tricks on you but, when you boil it down until there are no ways left to explain what could have happened, there will still be unexplained sightings left.

Actually, gas leaks, infrasound, insanity, and pareidolia pretty much explain all of the cases I've heard of except for one, whose origins are dubious and I haven't bothered to investigate further yet.

--------------------
Please, click it so it doesn't die like the last one!
+Quote Post

kyuudos
post Dec 27 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #36

PASTAAAAAAAA~
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 043

PWNED

QUOTE(splicetastica @ Dec 20 2010, 05:43 PM) *
Ghosts ARE real! No doubt about it! My mom had an experience with her dead dog once. But also, Ghost
Adventures on travel channel, and Ghost hunters, are totally legit! There is no way on planet unicorn that they wouldn't exist! Whew. I like this thread. Curses to the non believers!

Did I hear Ghost Adventures? I did? Hell yeah!
That show is awesome.

But let's not curse the non believers shall we. They have their own opinion, we should respect that.
Not everyone is going to believe in ghosts.

--------------------

Kyudo the Aura Squirrel
All Avatar credit goes to their owners!I own nothing!
I Claim: Otto, Ruki, Tammy, and Bob

Other Sites I'm On:
Tumblr

Groups/Shops/Dexes/and My Party (click to show)

Stuff Made 4 Me (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

roygbiv
post Jan 12 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #37

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 125 915

hg team

nah i belive sprits go to heavon

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
+Quote Post

Golden Angel
post Jan 12 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #38

Bark like a dog!
Group Icon

Member No.: 123 480

zzzzzzzz

I don't know if ghosts really exist, but I believe there are ghosts.

--------------------
+Quote Post

antesqui
post Jan 13 2011, 02:30 AM
Post #39

I was Lachrymose Phoenix but then I pressed the wrong button
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 564

Soul Silver

I believe in ghosts. While growing up I was never taught that ghosts and the such weren't real but I wasn't entirely taught that they were. However, since I've been young I'd always been into the paranormal and what not. Have I seen a ghost? I believe I have. Was it scary? I almost peed myself!

My family/friends always come to me when they want to know if a house is haunted or what to do when they believe that the house is haunted. In my family and friends I'm the King of the Occult. cat.gif

--------------------
I was Lachrymose Phoenix then I pressed the wrong button, I shall be again in 75 days. ;_;

They need your love, won't you help?

+Quote Post

FancyGranola
post Jan 26 2011, 05:16 AM
Post #40

Elite Double Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 673

Life

QUOTE(TehHuntress @ Dec 12 2010, 03:53 PM) *
Okay, Evolutionrex and Fancy.
This is about GHOSTS!
G-H-O-S-T-S!
Not about how religion EFFECTS ghosts!
All I want to know, if if you belive in them, or not.
So quit this little discussion about what you think religion has to with this and that.
'Kay? Alright.

I don't even... Is it just me or are you trying to say that spirits and religion have no correlation.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:39 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.