Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Born Gay/Straight/Bi, Are you born or turned that way?
Stark Coyote
post Feb 27 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 51 188

Active Squad

People always say they are usually turned gay or they are born gay.

Are they both right or both wrong?

I am a gay male, and I will say I was born this way. I have always liked males in that way, and I would always be like that towards males.

People also say, they chose to be gay, Why would you want to be Gay? We gays are always put down and stereotyped! I am proud to be gay but as I said before, Why would you choose to be gay.

So the Topic is, Are you BORN Gay/Straight or are you Turned/Chose to be Gay/Straight?

DISCUSS

This post has been edited by Squirtle Squad: Feb 27 2011, 03:16 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 27 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #2

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Not born... more nature and nurture.

This post has been edited by Starships: Feb 25 2012, 06:18 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Tazii
post Feb 27 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #3

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

I don't think you can set it to "Born" or "made" for everyone. Everyone has different reasons for being gay, straight, bi or asexual. Some people have always been attracted to a certain gender. Other people may have an outside effect that change their views and feelings. Some people just fall in-love no matter what gender even if they hadn't felt that way for that certain gender before.

--------------------
+Quote Post

SnowWhite
post Feb 28 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 120

HGSS Party

I don't think you have the right to "choose" your sexuality. The most I see about openly gay people, is that they go through a lot, both to be taken seriously and TO BE TRATED AS HUMAN BEINGS. Why would you wanna CHOOSE to go through that?
'Cause seriously, at lest in my country, saying "You're gay" is considered an insult. Straight people think being called gay is an insult.

Hell yeah, if someone were to tell me "You're gay", I'd say "So what? You're an idiot, and at least I can be proud of who I am"

But to answer the topic of discussion, because I'm told I shouldn't off-topic, the heart of the matter is: you don't choose who you love. And if that goes for age, it goes for gender too. I think "people who turned gay" didn't really TURN per se. They accepted they were gay all along. They finally stopped denying it to themselves.

--------------------

Having a signature means UPDATING a signature

I won't fall for that one!

SnowWhite
+Quote Post

SnowWhite
post Feb 28 2011, 06:03 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

HGSS Party

Well, did it work?
It has never made much difference to me if the subject of my affection were a boy or a girl, so I'm not the best person to talk about "preferences"... But did he really turn gay? As in, started to feel attraction for the same sex?

--------------------

SnowWhite
+Quote Post

SnowWhite
post Feb 28 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

HGSS Party

Makes sense... I mean, sorta xD

Anyway it just proves my point about not being a matter of choice. I mean, even if you want to experiment, it doesn't mean you become gay or whatever. It just means you're sexually curious.
But I don't think turning your eyes into the opposite or the same sex should work as escaping from the sadness of your real life xD

Anyway, we all have the right to accept youselves. I, myself, don't like to be called anything. It's better like that. It's freeing to feel no boundries from the name people give you or the way they see you in your sexuality.
That stuff's too fluid, too sensitive, to be rotulated.

--------------------

SnowWhite
+Quote Post

Godamn Robot
post Feb 28 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #7

WORD!!!!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 116 506

0_o

It's a deep psycologiacl conflict with ones sexuallity , I personally think that someone is born gay, but I wouldn't know for sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Hitaka5Ever
post Mar 6 2011, 05:51 AM
Post #8

is deep in Hitaka Hell
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 935

Battle Subway Team

My sisters, mum, and I all believe that you are born gay, but I can see non-gays becoming gay, but rarely
+Quote Post

DeadSpaceFan
post Mar 6 2011, 08:08 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 645

Team Vertigo

I believe you are turned towards a certain sexuality based on the variables of life (surroundings, people, environments, television, etc.) and these evidently aid the choices you make and create whom you are as a person - as well as change your reaction to certain things, just like all other things in life. Say for example with food, if you get swayed into loving bitter food but dislike sweet foods, the same could be same with being either homosexual or heterosexual - from seeing two men share a passionate romance on television could give you ideas on what life is meant to be like for you, especially if you see it at such a young age.
I would also like to comment on what you said before about homosexuals being "put down", ALL forms of sexuality get insulted in one way or another, please do not think you are any worse of a human because you chose something different from others.
+Quote Post

Cloud Nine
post Dec 4 2011, 03:42 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 616

My Sexy Babies

This is a debate I'm willing to get into.
I've discussed this many times in my classes, such as Psychology.
I do not believe you can be placed directly into 'Born' or 'Made' homosexual.
There are many factors that contribute to everybody's life.
Some people are born believing they are, for example; 'A man trapped in a woman's body' and the opposite way too.
However some people grow up believing they are heterosexual, however some factor, whether it be a night of drunken experimentation or the way your parents raised you, that could 'create' a homosexual.

It all adds to the nature/nurture debate really. I don't really believe in accepting just one view. It's all a tad reductionist if you ask me.
Somebody I know was in a relationship for almost a year, until recently when he broke up with the girlfriend, because he realised he was asexual. However now he seems conflicted with asexuality and homosexuality.
Was he born asexual, or did something change over time?

--------------------
Clicky Clicky meh? I clicky clicky backy?
Add meh to palpaddy?
Generally love meh?

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Dec 4 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #11

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(StrawberryLoveIntervention @ Feb 27 2011, 03:55 PM) *
I've heard that the hypothalamus (part of the brain) is what determines sexuality (and a video we watched in class even outright stated it). Myself not being a hypothalamus of course, but it makes sense.

Either way, I certainly don't think it's a choice, having heard about the struggles of many, having seen their tears and other strong feelings. I know that I don't choose not to be attracted to either sex (or anything else), I just don't feel it.

You're not too far off on your hypothalamus comment.

http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n03/mente/hormones_i.htm

Scientists have found, basically, that a larger hypothalamus is indicative of an attraction to women, and a smaller hypothalamus is indicative of an attraction to men. Not sure if this is discussed by the same topic, but that specific attraction is to female urine and male sweat. (I may have just got that off of animal planet...somehow)

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Chayan
post Jan 3 2012, 01:42 AM
Post #12

am keeping an eye on you...
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 57 548

can u beat this????

well i think everyone's got a choice.......

what matters is how you choose.....

you can be happy with anyone you love and you can fall in love with anyone you want.....

for some it happens at the first sight and for some the same lov comes after years of understanding eachother.......

so u always have a choice..... happy.gif

--------------------
<----My Party. PLEASE CLICK

All Due Respects (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ryuko
post Jan 3 2012, 08:58 AM
Post #13

Scarlet
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 356

Heaven's Wheel

It's our state of mind. As we develope, so does our own perspective. Our surroundings depict our initial perspective and we mature believing what we grew up with is true. I will admit that I idolized my mother when I was younger, her view on everything became mine. 'Twas not only until in the past years that I found all the things I onced believed to be false, thus reinforcing my point.

I don't believe it comes down to a matter of choice and genes, because I cannot simply believed that someone 'decides' one day that they are attracted to the opposite sex. Nor will I accept that your genetics depict your sexuality. My best friend is the youngest of three sisters. The eldest is a lesbian, the middle child is bisexual and she is straight until proven wrong. Does mean that she carries the 'gay gene'? No. Both her sisters were brought up by a mother who has had many partners at that time, and were at an all-girls school.

So in conclusion, it's a matter of ones' perspective.

(-Sigh- I've written too many Philosphy essays last year)

--------------------

"Violence, Lust and Betrayal"
And so is the Golden City blackened with each step you take in my Hall. Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven and doom upon all the world.
-Threnodies 8:13

signature image too large; removed

~ Raven
+Quote Post

Lokiva
post Jan 20 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 496

Pwning Masters

I agree with the fact that one is born gay, but with how people are pressured to /not be gay/ throughout their childhood years I believe people can get confused halfway through life. Right now, I cannot tell whether or not I am attracted to girls or guys because I have been pressured by my society (Catholic schools/family) to like men, but there are some women who I think I might be attracted to. I am confused, but I know that I would accept either path should that prove to be what I actually am.

--------------------

95% of teens are obsessed with twilight currently. Put this in your sig if your part of the 5% that think it's a waste of time and completely overrated.

+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jan 28 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #15

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

tl;dr there are a lot of factors, and studies have strongly suggested genetics is a part of it, i.e. you dont choose

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jan 28 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #16

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I don`t choose my sexual orientation, my dick does. I get erect over guys, but not girls. There, simple as that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Grouch
post Jan 31 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #17

And this is how the world ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 96 726

but a whimper.

Lol, nicely put there.

Being gay is a mindset, a preference like many people had noted before me. Mindsets and preferences develop over time. Like that one time I used to hate salt and vinegar potato chips, but now I absolutely love them. Your mindset develops, so you can't really be born gay. You don't really have an actually mindset then, it just isn't possible. All your brain thinks of then is, food, drink, mommy's tits, sleep, shit, cry, piss, sleep, cry, shit, food, mommy's tits, drink, shit, cry. The environment in which someone is raised could have something to do with it, but my environment didn't make me like chips. You really just find out and decide that you find the same sex more appealing than the opposite, and there's nothing wrong with that.

--------------------
Team (click to show)
+Quote Post

August Skylocke
post Feb 10 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 158 864

Team Deathwish

I am gay myself, and I personally believe that it is not an option. Perhaps I could say that a contributing factor to me being gay is that I was brought up by my mother, as my father would never really be home. Even now, I prefer being with my mother than my father. Like the opening post stated, I do not understand why anyone would choose to be gay. I get so much crap for being who I am, and I am sick of it. Believe me, if I had the option right now to choose my sexuality I would choose heterosexual in an instant. But, unlike a lot of people, I have to just accept who I am and make the most of it. I don't want to waste my life pretending I'm straight to make my family or friends happy. If you cannot be yourself around them, then who can you be yourself around?

In short; I believe it is not a choice.

--------------------
h a l o. t h e. e x e c u t i o n e r.

+Quote Post

Elito
post Feb 10 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #19

My life's a theater.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 181

MonoPoison

QUOTE(DocWorth @ Feb 27 2011, 08:48 PM) *
I don't think you can set it to "Born" or "made" for everyone. Everyone has different reasons for being gay, straight, bi or asexual. Some people have always been attracted to a certain gender. Other people may have an outside effect that change their views and feelings. Some people just fall in-love no matter what gender even if they hadn't felt that way for that certain gender before.

k so, agreed in here. I am bisexual and I most certainly wasn't born this way (haha Lady Gaga pun). But it's basically because of my surrounding - society as a whole tells you that it is normal to be in a relationship with a person of a different sex, it's normal to have a wife/husband and kids with them, and starting from you're just a child, you are thought that this is the way of living, and that there is no other way.
However, even if you don't have any gay influence around you, you can start to feel affection over people of the same sex - so, most likely, you didn't choose to just randomly start feeling emotions over them, your brain did it instead of you. So yes, genetics most likely have the affect in here.
But also, you can't say that you were born that way, because you didn't feel the affection over the same sex from since you were born. It struck you at some point of your life. So my opinion is that it's all very complicated and depends on the individual.

--------------------

x
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Feb 18 2012, 02:14 AM
Post #20

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

I'm lesbian and was born that way. I always liked women, never liked men... that's all there is to it.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:56 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.