Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Born Gay/Straight/Bi, Are you born or turned that way?
jayrachi
post Jun 11 2014, 11:19 PM
Post #41

Janitor
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 133 427

wat

Detesting and casting away homosexuals is the opposite of what Jesus would do, besides. His own group of Twelve included a terrorist, a national traitor, a sometimes uncouth sailor, and someone who doubted him ten ways from Sunday. The importance of homosexuality in the Bible is almost nothing - but it is blown up by American churches and used as a tool. Ironic - Jesus was the most scathing against the religious elites, those adding on more "thou shalts" and "thou shalt nots" than the original ten commandments.

Jesus himself never touched the subject, and what the Bible does mention about it was a few short passages addressed to the Jews.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

kumoku
post Apr 27 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 240 820

Active Squad

No matter your sexual orientation, you can't wake up one day and say "I'm going to be straight today, asexual tomorrow, gay the next day". There's no conscious choice involved. You can choose to ACT or not on feelings/impulses/whatever, but you can't control those feelings cause of brain chemistry. You can't control who your brain deems attractive.

--------------------
Help me grow my pokemon happy.gif
+Quote Post

pidge
post Apr 21 2017, 12:01 PM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 248 999

bird school

i think this is a very tricky issue that people love to stick into a box. are you born gay or is it a choice? the answer is both yes and no to both, imo.

every person is an individual, and human sexuality is a fairly unknown issue. there simply hasn't been a lot of studies into it due to stigmas revolving around sex and sexuality. most things we know are theories or speculation, if not propaganda from both pro-lgbt and anti-lgbt.

the way i see it, sexual orientation is in fact a balance of nature and nurture. people can be born predisposed to being gay, and there can be the environmental trigger.

there are more folks identifying as being lgbt+ today than in the past. why? because of the environment. it is safer than it was before to openly be gay, which means more folks are more likely to accept being gay rather than hide it. this shows an environmental aspect. on the flipside, there has to be the predisposition to even feeling attraction to the same gender to become gay. this shows the biological/"born this way" aspect.

i also personally believe that a lot of human beings are actually born with a fluid sense of sexual orientation, and because of conditioning or even just later preference develop to become attracted to one gender.

and technically, yes, people can choose to be gay or straight for whatever reason (in the sense of consciously deciding), but i believe this is a fickle matter. someone can try to be something, and it might work and it might not. human sexuality and love is a very complex thing, and people often have romantic and sexual encounters outside of their typical orientation.
+Quote Post

TheWingedKetten
post Apr 30 2017, 07:52 AM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 249 277

Active Squad

QUOTE(DeadSpaceFan @ Mar 6 2011, 08:08 AM) *
I believe you are turned towards a certain sexuality based on the variables of life (surroundings, people, environments, television, etc.) and these evidently aid the choices you make and create whom you are as a person - as well as change your reaction to certain things, just like all other things in life. Say for example with food, if you get swayed into loving bitter food but dislike sweet foods, the same could be same with being either homosexual or heterosexual - from seeing two men share a passionate romance on television could give you ideas on what life is meant to be like for you, especially if you see it at such a young age.
I would also like to comment on what you said before about homosexuals being "put down", ALL forms of sexuality get insulted in one way or another, please do not think you are any worse of a human because you chose something different from others.

I actually disagree with this, because until I was about 11, I had never been introduced to anything close to LGBT+. Once I started watching more shows like anime, I started to ship gay ships, but there were no actual LGBT+ characters or relationships. Everything was cishet or unconfirmed. However, I am genderfluid and hetero/homoflexible.
And about what you said at the end- They were simply stating that homophobia is a much bigger issue than cisphobia/heterophobia. If they had said anything about cis/hetero/transphobia, it would not have fit into the topic at hand. That deserves a different thread.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:45 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.