Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What do you think of smokers?
sal tarik
post Nov 30 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #81

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 183 606

Active Squad

Ugh, smokers are the worst. People pick smoking for a bad life style. I just wish the smoking will become illegal.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kewldop
post Nov 30 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #82

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 109 852

Active Squad

I hate smokers. I don't even know why the government sells them. There are no benefits to them, or maybe i'm not seeing the point. I hate the lingering smell it leaves too, especially when its in my house or when someone walks by. Yuck, it's just nasty.
+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Nov 30 2012, 09:30 PM
Post #83

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

I don't take a liking to smokers, but honestly I cannot do anything about it.

I would love to say, 'No more smoking! You all are wasting your money killing yourself and others!' but I can't, I think it is somewhere in the constitution... But I wouldn't want to restrict peoples freedoms anyway, I mean if you restrict the right to smoke, what is next? No owning guns? No practicing religion? I would love to ban smoking everywhere, but I wouldn't want it to go too far.

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Plastique Fox
post Dec 1 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #84

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 224

Pampered Plushies

Personally, I smoke a cig once in a while. I don't think anythings wrong with it. Sure IT MAY give you health problems but it's the PERSONS life choice, NOT yours. Don't worry about such little things. smugnod.gif

--------------------
She was like the moon-part of her was always hidden away.
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post Feb 24 2013, 04:44 PM
Post #85

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

QUOTE(Plastique Fox @ Dec 1 2012, 02:52 PM) *
Personally, I smoke a cig once in a while. I don't think anythings wrong with it. Sure IT MAY give you health problems but it's the PERSONS life choice, NOT yours. Don't worry about such little things. smugnod.gif

But its NOT JUST the person's life, it DOES affect others!! Ever heard of second hand smoke? my mom and dad smoked for a long time, and i have asthma just because of it! And they say that second hand smoke is actually WORSE than actually smoking the cig yourself.
To be honest, i wouldnt care about it if it only affected the person who smoked. probably be good to keep the population in check and get rid of some short-termed thinkers, actually, but it doesnt just affect one person, it affects everybody around that person as well as that person.
But i cant blame it all on smokers; smoking is an addiction, its just like druga ddiction (it IS drug addiction technically), and just like junk food addiction, its almost impossable to stop once you start. But whats worse is how tabacco companies are being just as bad by endourcing smoking. (like what happened recently with a tabacco company that had been lying about how much tabacco was in their cigs and adding extra tabacco or doing whatever that made their cigs stronger and more addicting).
So i really dont care if a smoker knows how to be sensable and considerate to those around them, but its really annoying when somebody just busts out a cig right in the middle of a crowd, or worse, around children. Its just not right to take somebody elses life like that, especially if you dont even know them!

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reapehify
post Feb 24 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #86

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 190 525

Active Squad

QUOTE(Freeze Shock @ May 18 2012, 11:01 AM) *
QUOTE(Deadchu @ May 18 2012, 03:40 PM) *
What pisses me off is that some people tell people to stop smoking as if it were that easy. Some people clearly hasn't ever dealt with an addiction, or at least not as strong as cigarettes. Nicotine practically brainwashes people and get pissed at every single little thing, and there is no ignoring it either. You can't get your mind off it, because it isn't some lasting "I'm pissed at everything", it's the triggers. There are triggers everywhere. The only thing one can really do is to get nicotine patches and decrease in the use of them little by little and even that it going to be hard.

This.

I'm gonna be blunt here. I used to be a smoker. Well I still am in a way. I wasn't that addicted, but there was addiction there. Until people actually go through an addiction they won't understand how hard it is to stop. It's pretty much impossible to go from 3-4 fags a day to none for the rest of the week.

I think the bit that caused me to realise the problem was learning about the lungs in September last year. As in, not your average 14 year old explanation, I'm talking a 17-18 year old deep explanation. Scared me a lot. I still have the odd one here and there (cutting down a lot to almost none), haven't had one in... 2 weeks or so now? Patches didn't really help, though. I just did it from my own free will.

Best thing I've ever decided to do. Although bearing in mind that my skin, teeth, fingers etc didn't really change much, nor did my clothes. I just wish people would understand how bad it is. Biggest regret starting, biggest achievement with willpower to quit.

Hate to pick on you, but you're wrong. Well, he's wrong, but you're wrong too. You're right, of course, it's your story so it can't be inherently wrong. But it isn't that difficult. My father was a smoker until he found out I was going to be born, and quit then and there cold turkey. No patches, no trigger difficult, just moved on plain and simple. People who smoke need to realize that they have a problem (if it is a problem for them) and just quit. Sure it plugs up your pleasure centers but that's an excuse people hide behind. I've been addicted to chocolate milk before and needed to stop because it was costing me a fortune. What drug is there? Are you going to blame some hormone reaction from the milk?

Case in point, it's easy if you want to.
+Quote Post

LucarioandDialga
post Feb 24 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #87

I'm not on often...
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 749

My favorite Pokemon

I know some great people who smoke. It breaks my heart that they're hurting their health. I hate that they smoke, but that doesn't mean I hate the person. My aunt smokes, and she's absolutely amazing and I love her dearly. I hate that she smokes, but I don't hate her.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 15 2013, 01:23 AM
Post #88

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

People can live their life however they choose so there's no need to judge.

For some people, it's very hard to quit btw, incentive or not. There is a certain degree of psychological addiction that can occur at some point that makes it VERY difficult. And there are no universal methods that work for everyone. I hardly believe that your argument wholly applies Reapehify.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yuno Gasai
post Mar 15 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #89

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 77 547

Active Squad

QUOTE(Reapehify @ Feb 25 2013, 02:16 AM) *
Hate to pick on you, but you're wrong. Well, he's wrong, but you're wrong too. You're right, of course, it's your story so it can't be inherently wrong. But it isn't that difficult. My father was a smoker until he found out I was going to be born, and quit then and there cold turkey. No patches, no trigger difficult, just moved on plain and simple. People who smoke need to realize that they have a problem (if it is a problem for them) and just quit. Sure it plugs up your pleasure centers but that's an excuse people hide behind. I've been addicted to chocolate milk before and needed to stop because it was costing me a fortune. What drug is there? Are you going to blame some hormone reaction from the milk?

Case in point, it's easy if you want to.

There is no drug there. There's a difference between being addicted to something, both physically and mentally, and really liking something (like chocolate milk). You can't really compare the two, or speak as if you know what it's like to suffer from an addiction. It's quite insulting to be honest, similar to saying to someone suffering from depression "I know how it feels, I was sad yesterday, I got over it so should you." Even if you really have suffered from an addiction, not everyone deals with it the same. Just because your dad or my brother or whoever's friend quit easily, doesn't mean everyone else can.

Oh and
QUOTE(hotanddangerous @ Jul 4 2011, 04:23 PM) *
Fuck smokers who don't try to quit, I hope they all get lung cancer and die. And I mean that, I don't care if I offend you.

Honestly I kinda hope I do too, otherwise I'd care to try and quit.

This post has been edited by Yuno Gasai: Mar 15 2013, 06:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Nemu
post Mar 15 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #90

Craziest cat lady of all time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 162 933

I wish

QUOTE(hotanddangerous @ Jul 4 2011, 10:23 AM) *
An extremely paraphrased argument with a smoker I had over here in the UK.

-Person smoking, sitting on bench doing nothing-
Me: Hey, can you stop smoking, this is a public place?
Smoker: No thanks, I can do what I want. This smoking ban's stupid.
Me: Why's that?
Smoker: It's against our human rights. They can't control me. I get to choose, I don't care about lung cancer.
Me: And it's against my human rights for you to smoke here, passing it on to me, and possibly increasing my chances of a multitude of diseases.
Smoker: Why don't you move?
Me: No, I'm waiting for someone in that shop. You're not.
Smoker: Whatever it's my choice. Smoking isn't illegal.
Me: Actually, it is here, in a public place. And what would you think is cocaine or heroin was legalised?
Smoker: Well no, that's bad for you, bu-
Me: So is smoking.
Smoker: It can't be that bad if the government's not made it illegal.
Me: It's only legal because they make so much money off the VAT.
Smoker: Oh whatever, stupid kids
-Smoker gets up and walks away-

Fuck smokers who don't try to quit, I hope they all get lung cancer and die. And I mean that, I don't care if I offend you.

Seriously?
I quit, and unless you have I suggest you shut your damn mouth, cause that's just hateful ignorance spewing out of it.

--------------------
Stuffs. cat.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

jellybean chi
post Mar 18 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #91

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 184 458

Avengers Assemble!

if they want to smoke then let them; they're hurting themselves though. the thing i hate is if they live with others that don't smoke, like kids or pets or spouses, etc, because secondhand smoke is just as dangerous. and...smoking is kind of disgusting... cigarette ingredients include the same stuff found in nail polish remover and rat poison... =.=
+Quote Post

trainer
post Mar 26 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #92

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 184 264

My Favorites

I really don't like smokers for many reasons.1. standing next to them makes my nose quiver from the smoke they blow out,2. smoking will rot your teeth and cause lung cancer,3. it makes the smoker's body smell, 4. it makes you lose your appetite if you smoke, 5. it will also make you addicted to it because of the drugs and poisons in it, and 6. if you are smoking, try to quit. it's bad for your health and for others near you.
+Quote Post

Shiny Caterpie
post Apr 2 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #93

Shiny Pokémon
Group Icon

Member No.: 190 836

Active Squad

I for one think smoking is disgusting, but there's no restriction on how people live. They can choose whether to smoke or not.
+Quote Post

Pyotr
post Apr 2 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #94

Sugar Content
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 143 069

Unown

Smoke as much as you want as long as you don't do it all over my face.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kiwani
post Apr 8 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #95

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 193 095

The Dream Team

I think of it like this. If they want to die from cancer then let them smoke all the cancer sticks and waste all they money they want.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:20 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.