Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dirty Minds, Giggity, giggity, goo
TiePhlosion
post Feb 4 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #21

Ruler of the Typhlosion Army.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 190 303

My Precious

I myself have a dirty mind. If I walk into school and someone says something and I happen to be nearby, I always call out, "If you know what I mean." or "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!". Sometimes people find it really funny and we joke about it, but it can get out of hand. I've shouted those things once or twice in a classroom, teachers and kids everywhere. But when I DO shout stuff out like that, they all look up, even the most disgusting kids, and start snickering about it. The teachers, however, do not find it very funny. But, its me. I cant help my personality, but yes, I agree. It is sometimes annoying.

--------------------
Well, this is entertaining.

AMG, a Typhlosion with a tie. SO SEXEH. Lets call it TiePhlosion!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reapehify
post Feb 8 2013, 03:46 AM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 190 525

Active Squad

You people, the people who have posted almost unanimously that there is a line to be crossed, have really made the idea of being a pervert 'normal' - which is sickening. And by normal, which is a very ambiguous word in and of itself, I mean acceptable by the majority of society and fitting in with the status quo. Being a pervert is not good or bad and not, at least personally without forcing myself on everyone, so mild as to be just thinking dirty thoughts but unacceptable if you per se looked up a lady's skirt. Being a pervert is intentionally lewd and to the point out there because it isn't 'normal' for society to be perverted. You could also think of the word 'perverted' as 'twisted' or 'inverted' (which are synonyms) because that's what perverted is.

People who claim to be perverted but think there is a line to be crossed are simply posers and wannabe. There's no other way to say it, and if you're offended by that, the truth hurts. Talk to me after you've done something crazy like masturbated on a plane because you couldn't keep it down for that hot guy/girl in the seat beside you, or when you've done the cliche hide-in-the-locker-to-watch-girls-get-naked-and-then-steal-their-soiled-panties.

Edit: And mentions of phrases like "That's what she said" or anything immature like that, even sporadically, is not perverted. It's just childish.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 8 2013, 05:24 AM
Post #23

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Reapehify @ Feb 8 2013, 08:46 AM) *
You people, the people who have posted almost unanimously that there is a line to be crossed, have really made the idea of being a pervert 'normal' - which is sickening. And by normal, which is a very ambiguous word in and of itself, I mean acceptable by the majority of society and fitting in with the status quo. Being a pervert is not good or bad and not, at least personally without forcing myself on everyone, so mild as to be just thinking dirty thoughts but unacceptable if you per se looked up a lady's skirt. Being a pervert is intentionally lewd and to the point out there because it isn't 'normal' for society to be perverted. You could also think of the word 'perverted' as 'twisted' or 'inverted' (which are synonyms) because that's what perverted is.

People who claim to be perverted but think there is a line to be crossed are simply posers and wannabe. There's no other way to say it, and if you're offended by that, the truth hurts. Talk to me after you've done something crazy like masturbated on a plane because you couldn't keep it down for that hot guy/girl in the seat beside you, or when you've done the cliche hide-in-the-locker-to-watch-girls-get-naked-and-then-steal-their-soiled-panties.

Edit: And mentions of phrases like "That's what she said" or anything immature like that, even sporadically, is not perverted. It's just childish.

I'm pretty sure the idea of perversion is much broader than a few synonyms.. not everyone would really class it as that. If it deviates from the social norm then people would call it 'perverted'.

No-one was really implying that being a pervert is normal. It's nature. The only reason some people have said 'there's a line', is towards what should be considered right and what should be considered wrong (like myself) No-one was trying to insinuate that this line, is a line which makes perversion seem normal, or that it should be, merely stating what is considered okay and not okay in public. But then again it depends on what someone would class as 'perversion'.

I personally think that the claim in the first 2 lines of your post is rather.. inaccurate, and that the entire post comes across to me as "look at me I'm the perfect citizen I don't do anything wrong and human behaviour disgusts me to the point of claiming children on a forum have made the word 'pervert' seem normal"

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Reapehify
post Feb 8 2013, 07:15 AM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Before I continue, I would like to state a few things. (1) I have both masturbated on an airplane and done the cliche locker room thing. I've also had quite a few discussions with many different counselors and psychologists from different areas ranging from high school, to university, to public, to private marriage counselors. I'm not bragging, just saying I take an interest in the subject. (2) Stating before it's stated for me that I'm uptight and offensive: that's the honesty. (3) Next, after rereading all the posts so I could make a fair assessment of the thread, the whole context of the thread is about innuendos and sex jokes as the defining point to what a 'perve' is. The number one word used to describe the situation is "annoying" and the consensus by the majority is that there is an unacceptable line to be crossed. (4) Also, I'd just like to point out that my post is actually the exact opposite of what you recognized about it. It's saying: 'You people talk about filth like you understand it and embrace it but then you intentionally backtrack and say that there is both a line people can cross which isn't moral and that childish phrases like "That's what she said" or "69" count as a perverted mind, leaving the whole concept watered down and trivialized for those who are debauched and perverted'. (5) Lastly, one person who I forget the name of said everyone is a pervert because they reproduce; that idea is rather ignorant as erotica/intimacy/mating isn't necessarily perverted in its entirety as the word 'pervert' is a verb it's an action as opposed to a concept. Although like most things, it could of course be defined as a concept.

To start yes, I would agree that perversion isn't so acute to have symptoms, however I think it's a bit misguided to say that branching off from social norm means something is perverted just because people call it perverted. Especially in a contemporary society where sex is the current form of entertainment and advertisement, you'd be hard pressed to find somewhere in Western society where someone didn't have a 'normal' opinion of what 'pervert' means. This thread is a perfect example of the desensitization to perverted acts. The typical red-blooded first world citizen walks around thinking 'yeah, I'm a pervert, but x is going way too far'. I would agree that it used to be that clear cut (that anything not accepted was perverted), but life today is different.

You're right, nobody implied anything. Everyone was very explicit and straightforward: 'those perverts need to stop telling sex jokes all the time because they're so God damned annoying and I don't wanna' talk to 'em.' The fact is 99% of the people who posted here agreed on the same principals and noted the same dilemmas and not one broke face. The thing about this is, these people are not following nature they're following the status quo - which is that 'being a pervert is okay, everyone's a pervert; but don't do something taboo like grope a woman in public'. Nature has very few acts of indecency, dolphins and primates. And unlike them we're trained from an early age to behave, fit in line, and not to do x, y, z so as to follow conventions set forth a typical person well trained to fit in society.

To sum up, when you tell a dirty joke in grade 2, that's not perverted. Try going into the girl's bathroom to peep on girls or something along those lines that's extremely offensive, then you're a pervert. Being a pervert is never right, it is always wrong; being right (or morally feasible) is a convention of society thinking being a pervert is attractive so it is assimilated into the culture, i.e. entertainment and advertisement and dirty jokes. Full circle.

Oh, and I like your Volcerona signature, it's neat. happy.gif
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 8 2013, 07:57 AM
Post #25

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Reapehify @ Feb 8 2013, 12:15 PM) *
Before I continue, I would like to state a few things. (1) I have both masturbated on an airplane and done the cliche locker room thing. I've also had quite a few discussions with many different counselors and psychologists from different areas ranging from high school, to university, to public, to private marriage counselors. I'm not bragging, just saying I take an interest in the subject. (2) Stating before it's stated for me that I'm uptight and offensive: that's the honesty. (3) Next, after rereading all the posts so I could make a fair assessment of the thread, the whole context of the thread is about innuendos and sex jokes as the defining point to what a 'perve' is. The number one word used to describe the situation is "annoying" and the consensus by the majority is that there is an unacceptable line to be crossed. (4) Also, I'd just like to point out that my post is actually the exact opposite of what you recognized about it. It's saying: 'You people talk about filth like you understand it and embrace it but then you intentionally backtrack and say that there is both a line people can cross which isn't moral and that childish phrases like "That's what she said" or "69" count as a perverted mind, leaving the whole concept watered down and trivialized for those who are debauched and perverted'. (5) Lastly, one person who I forget the name of said everyone is a pervert because they reproduce; that idea is rather ignorant as erotica/intimacy/mating isn't necessarily perverted in its entirety as the word 'pervert' is a verb it's an action as opposed to a concept. Although like most things, it could of course be defined as a concept.

To start yes, I would agree that perversion isn't so acute to have symptoms, however I think it's a bit misguided to say that branching off from social norm means something is perverted just because people call it perverted. Especially in a contemporary society where sex is the current form of entertainment and advertisement, you'd be hard pressed to find somewhere in Western society where someone didn't have a 'normal' opinion of what 'pervert' means. This thread is a perfect example of the desensitization to perverted acts. The typical red-blooded first world citizen walks around thinking 'yeah, I'm a pervert, but x is going way too far'. I would agree that it used to be that clear cut (that anything not accepted was perverted), but life today is different.

You're right, nobody implied anything. Everyone was very explicit and straightforward: 'those perverts need to stop telling sex jokes all the time because they're so God damned annoying and I don't wanna' talk to 'em.' The fact is 99% of the people who posted here agreed on the same principals and noted the same dilemmas and not one broke face. The thing about this is, these people are not following nature they're following the status quo - which is that 'being a pervert is okay, everyone's a pervert; but don't do something taboo like grope a woman in public'. Nature has very few acts of indecency, dolphins and primates. And unlike them we're trained from an early age to behave, fit in line, and not to do x, y, z so as to follow conventions set forth a typical person well trained to fit in society.

To sum up, when you tell a dirty joke in grade 2, that's not perverted. Try going into the girl's bathroom to peep on girls or something along those lines that's extremely offensive, then you're a pervert. Being a pervert is never right, it is always wrong; being right (or morally feasible) is a convention of society thinking being a pervert is attractive so it is assimilated into the culture, i.e. entertainment and advertisement and dirty jokes. Full circle.

Oh, and I like your Volcerona signature, it's neat. happy.gif

That's fair enough. I agree with this more than the other one (probably because it's more detailed) xp

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Reapehify
post Feb 8 2013, 08:11 AM
Post #26

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Yeah, I take pride in being a pervert, asshole, and general rabble-rouser. Glad you agree! Glad I could put my university education to good use (protecting the definition of a pervert! XD).
+Quote Post

ShiroMint
post Feb 18 2013, 02:25 AM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 754

Favorites

I think perversion is something everyone exhibits at least once in life. Even the most straight-edge people drift a little. We're a species meant for reproduction and most perversions revolve around this. If anything, it's just natural.

--------------------
“Just pity him, my boy. Tomorrow we'll be on our way, but he'll have to keep his own disagreeable company until the day he dies.”

― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

ShiroMint's Party
I return all clicks (if I get back online in time. Work, life, and school take precedence.)!!
+Quote Post

Matjes
post Apr 13 2013, 10:01 AM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 178 020

Active Squad

There is nothing wrong about to have a dirty mind
in a relationship it can bring some creativity
(would be lame to have a repetitive sex life)

but like the others pointed out, a 'dirty mouth' is not really acceptible, at worst its sexual harassment
its mostly better to keep it private.

This post has been edited by Kontrazent: Apr 13 2013, 10:01 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

VioletLove70
post Jul 28 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 233 351

Active Squad

I really hate to casually call someone a pervert, as I don't see it as a term to be used lightly. There's a difference between being a pervert and just being dirty minded. A dirty minded person thinks of inappropriate jokes at the worst times, and is comfortable flirting a little dirty with someone they're attracted to. A pervert does not take into mind the emotions of the other person, and is focused on their personal satisfaction. If you tell a dirty minded person to back off of flirting with you, they probably will. A pervert, however, might not. Pervs don't care about others needs, and will do most whatever it takes to get their own satisfaction. They will not hesitate to break the boundaries of society to do that.

As for if having a dirty mind is good or bad, well, mine has a way of getting me in trouble sometimes. But would I rather be completely and utterly innocent? Not really. Dirty minds are okay. Pervs are not.

My advice to other dirty minds: unless you're with your other half or a friend who doesn't mind hearing it, keep your dirty thoughts to yourself.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:09 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.