Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Debate of Romney and Obama!, Talk about the presidential debate!
TemptingTomorrow
post Nov 5 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Smeargle Addict
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 158 009

Smeargle Addict

Who do you want Mitt Romney, or Barack Obama.

Debate reasons and support each president.

This post has been edited by Beyonder Way: Nov 7 2012, 06:43 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Nov 5 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Nerd
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

Romney. But, since I'm not old enough to vote, who cares? xD
+Quote Post

TemptingTomorrow
post Nov 5 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #3

Smeargle Addict
Group Icon

Smeargle Addict

Exactly! Just say what your parents and you are oting or just who you like!

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Nov 5 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

I would say Romney, I don't go just based off of my parents decisions though, I really key into their policies, and who they are as a person. I don't believe Obama has done a very good job at leading this country with his multiple cover-ups, his failed economic plans, and his blatant attacks against Romney, this is just my opinion though.

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Elito
post Nov 5 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #5

My life's a theater.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 181

MonoPoison

Wow, just wow, Im not even American and I have watched so many interviews, videos and speeches including Romney to know his policy is one of the worst I've ever seen. Basically women, the gays and like, people of different nationality can wave to their rights. I don't mean like 16th century but c'mon...
what are right? lol.

Yeah.

--------------------

x
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Nov 5 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #6

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

QUOTE(The Shadow @ Nov 5 2012, 05:37 PM) *
I would say Romney, I don't go just based off of my parents decisions though, I really key into their policies, and who they are as a person. I don't believe Obama has done a very good job at leading this country with his multiple cover-ups, his failed economic plans, and his blatant attacks against Romney, this is just my opinion though.
This argument still fails to really get the point across. Obama hasn't done a great job? So what makes you think Romney will do better when he gets the presidency? I feel like this question is almost too obvious to ask but I'm legitimately curious.

Obama and Romney are almost like children because they both attack each other greatly. Romney just happens to add a million more lies in comparison to Obama.

--------------------
+Quote Post

RoboFloatzel
post Nov 6 2012, 09:27 AM
Post #7

Jacen the Robot Floatzel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 066

Robot Pokemon

I'm hoping Romney wins, because to be honest, Obama's really the one who caused the economy to go downhill in the first place, and electing him again will just make things worse.

--------------------

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

My icon was made by MelNathea on DeviantART
My DeviantART account

Water types are weak against Fire types if they use Thunder as armor. Flareon can use dive and aim for the horn. Then finish it off with False Swipe although it may faint if it uses Endure...but thats just because everyone knows Arbok evolves into Seviper
+Quote Post

The Winnebago
post Nov 6 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #8

Recreational Vehicle
Group Icon

Member No.: 82 857

Pokemans Favourite

What's this silly idea that Romney's going to fix the economy coming from?

"well Amurkia i will bring small bisness bak"

Bain Capital ate up many, many small businesses if I recall.

Actually, here's a quote by Obama that will prove the economy is never gonna be fixed, "My opponent and I both agree that corporate taxes are too high." And yes, he said that in the first presidential debate. Now, when corporations are literally making more now than they ever had, why do both presidents seem to back them? They're both wanting to hoard money. Also, notice how Romney trips up when asked detailed information? Yeah, that's because his economic plan will take ten years before the economy's back on track. And in those ten years people will complain that Romney didn't fix the economy like he promise.

Both candidates truly suck, but I feel Obama will win the election, which I think is good. The only thing making Obama marginally better in my eyes is his position on woman's rights and gay rights.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Nov 6 2012, 11:36 AM
Post #9

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

K i'm not American but whatever

Regardless of who becomes president, America is still screwed. You all know it and I'm pretty sure quite a lot of people who don't live in America know it too. Lol Romney isn't going to fix the economy. Obama has more of a chance.

QUOTE(RoboFloatzel @ Nov 6 2012, 02:27 PM) *
I'm hoping Romney wins, because to be honest, Obama's really the one who caused the economy to go downhill in the first place, and electing him again will just make things worse.

The economic downfall started many years ago >_> Blaming it on Obama is just dumb. Besides, there's more than just the economy.

Would you want some guy who thinks as he lives? By that I'm talking about money issues

1. Romney doesn't know his people.
2. According to him, $250,000 a year is the middle class income. Really it's about $50,000 a year. Clearly, if he wants to run the country he surely would need to know proper statistics.

Six words now.

Women's Rights. Homosexual Rights. Nationality Rights. Is that not enough of a huge reason not to vote him? If I had the opportunity, I wouldn't vote for either. If I had to choose? Obama.

This post has been edited by Samoo: Nov 6 2012, 11:39 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

shambles
post Nov 6 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #10

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 687

Assemble!

I'm not from the US, but given the choice, I would have to vote for Obama. Romney genuinely unnerves me with some of his archaic ideals.

--------------------
previously doped up dolly.

+Quote Post

Jen
post Nov 6 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #11

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Samoo @ Nov 6 2012, 10:36 AM) *
Women's Rights. Homosexual Rights. Nationality Rights. If I had the opportunity, I wouldn't vote for either. If I had to choose? Obama.

Hehe, the good part about having third parties is not having to vote for either of them! I think people forget about them a lot especially since I haven't seen anyone mention them. Even though I didn't vote for Obama (I voted for the Libertarian party hoping Johnson gets his 5%), I really hope he wins because of what you and The Winnebago just said there.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sora the Pikachu
post Nov 6 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #12

Sora the Pikachu
Group Icon

Member No.: 174 779

Leafgreen Nuzlocke

I would vote for Romney. Ever since Obama came in, gas prices have gone up, and with Romney, his plans will help gas prices go down and create more jobs.
I mean, what has Obama done ever since he came into office other then sit back and react once events unfold?

Total Romney. In my school election, Romney even won.

Besides, I can't vote anyways, not old enough to.

This post has been edited by Sora the Pikachu: Nov 6 2012, 06:07 PM

--------------------
Yep, I'm Serious. srsbsns.gif
I am infecting all of the Game Forums! Mwa ha ha ha!

Organization XIII (click to show)

Oh, yes. I own monocle.gif emoticon. monocle.gif
Other Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Winnebago
post Nov 6 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #13

Recreational Vehicle
Group Icon

Pokemans Favourite

QUOTE(Sora the Pikachu @ Nov 6 2012, 06:02 PM) *
I mean, what has Obama done ever since he came into office other then sit back and react once events unfold?

-Pushed for universal health care
-Support for same-sex marriage equality, helped put an end to "don't ask, don't tell" and stop recognizing DOMA.
-While drone strikes aren't something I like, it's better than Romney's antagonistic nature towards the Middle East.
-Obama's policies have helped college students with pell grants and lower interest rates on federal loans, making college more affordable in the long run. Romney's education plan would reverse this. Obama wants to hire more teachers, Romney wants to cut from public education in the interest of private schools. I'm sorry, but inner city youth can't afford fancy private education.
-Keynesian economics > free market is magic pipe dream.
-Turned down the keystone pipeline, the temporary energy and jobs it would create is simply not worth the pollution it would bring.

welp.
+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Nov 6 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #14

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

I would vote for Romney. Ever since Obama came in, gas prices have gone up, and with Romney, his plans will help gas prices go down and create more jobs.

I might not be American, so I can't vote at all, which is such a shame~
but anyways
I figured this link would be insightful as to why people are voting for obama (and also, just to show that obama has indeed done things, instead of sitting back and watching :p )
http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/w...ry-20-2009.html

To be perfectly honest, if I had to chose between the two, the only reason I'd pretty much vote for obama is because he doesn't come off as a bigot, unlike Romney. I just cannot make myself vote for someone who's so hateful towards others because of their sexuality/colour amongst other things.
They've both got their ups and downs, but romneys vision of a better american is pushing it way too far.

Anyways~ good luck t'you all who are voting.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sora the Pikachu
post Nov 6 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #15

Sora the Pikachu
Group Icon

Member No.: 174 779

Leafgreen Nuzlocke

QUOTE(Giraffe A Laugh @ Nov 6 2012, 05:52 PM) *

I might not be American, so I can't vote at all, which is such a shame~
but anyways
I figured this link would be insightful as to why people are voting for obama (and also, just to show that obama has indeed done things, instead of sitting back and watching :p )
http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/w...ry-20-2009.html

To be perfectly honest, if I had to chose between the two, the only reason I'd pretty much vote for obama is because he doesn't come off as a bigot, unlike Romney. I just cannot make myself vote for someone who's so hateful towards others because of their sexuality/colour amongst other things.
They've both got their ups and downs, but romneys vision of a better american is pushing it way too far.

Anyways~ good luck t'you all who are voting.

True, true, yet Obama promised sooooooooooo many things, and most of them were just lies. Empty promises, and by the looks of things through my perspective, things aren't exactly changing that much, and not only that, but the Vice President Joe Biden was IMMENSELY rude towards Paul Ryan during the vice presidential campaign, I don't want anybody like THAT help lead the country.

--------------------
Yep, I'm Serious. srsbsns.gif
I am infecting all of the Game Forums! Mwa ha ha ha!

Organization XIII (click to show)

Oh, yes. I own monocle.gif emoticon. monocle.gif
Other Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Nov 6 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #16

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

QUOTE(Virginia Woolf @ Nov 5 2012, 06:07 PM) *
Wow, just wow, Im not even American and I have watched so many interviews, videos and speeches including Romney to know his policy is one of the worst I've ever seen. Basically women, the gays and like, people of different nationality can wave to their rights. I don't mean like 16th century but c'mon...
what are right? lol.

Yeah.

QUOTE(doped up dolly @ Nov 6 2012, 11:47 AM) *
I'm not from the US, but given the choice, I would have to vote for Obama. Romney genuinely unnerves me with some of his archaic ideals.

Basically, these. It's the 21st century people, not the dark ages, yup yup.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Nov 6 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #17

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sora the Pikachu @ Nov 6 2012, 08:21 PM) *
True, true, yet Obama promised sooooooooooo many things, and most of them were just lies. Empty promises, and by the looks of things through my perspective, things aren't exactly changing that much, and not only that, but the Vice President Joe Biden was IMMENSELY rude towards Paul Ryan during the vice presidential campaign, I don't want anybody like THAT help lead the country.

At least Obama doesn't change his stance every week depending on what he gets flak for. And Romney was way ruder to Obama because he calls him a liar constantly; most of the debate was Romney going "obama u liar" and obama just went "bitch please," come on bro!

What did Obama promise to change anyway? He said he'd make the economy better, and he did a decent job considering the cards he'd been dealt.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Winnebago
post Nov 6 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #18

Recreational Vehicle
Group Icon

Pokemans Favourite

Obama won. Whoop.

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Nov 7 2012, 05:25 AM
Post #19

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

QUOTE(The Winnebago @ Nov 6 2012, 10:28 PM) *
Obama won. Whoop.

Gay marijuana abortions for everyone!

--------------------
+Quote Post

TemptingTomorrow
post Nov 7 2012, 06:32 AM
Post #20

Smeargle Addict
Group Icon

Smeargle Addict

Other than Obama winning, Warren won Senate :/. This news made my day. [*Sarcasm*]

This post has been edited by Beyonder Way: Nov 7 2012, 06:46 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 10:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.