Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Xbox One faces backlash, Microsoft stahp
Yuno Gasai
post May 31 2013, 10:33 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 77 547

Active Squad

Wasn't sure where to start this, but I feel like it's probably quite a controversial topic so here (feel free to move it if you feel other forums would be more suitable)

"There is a huge backlash at this new Xbox because of the copy protection. A disc once installed is tied to that single console, if you give the disc to anyone else it forces them to pay for the game (full price) before allowing them to install and play. They will also make it so you can only have 1 sign in per Xbox without having to reset the system to factory default, to prevent people from simply logging in on different machines with eachothers accounts as a workaround.

That is why it must allways be connected to the internet, along with the microphone and camera's quiet little stream going on in the background.

There will be similar backlash when Sony Playstation admits that they have the same technology's in reference to copy protection ready to go on their system too, they were slightly smarter and knew being the first to announce it will attract the most hatred and outcry from the public."

For more info:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22623010

How are you guys feeling about this?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 31 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #2

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

To be perfectly honest, what they're doing is really driving people away. Yeah cool you can make more money because people would need to essentially buy the game even if they don't have their own physical copy, which they think is good. But really if you boil it down to how many people actually lend games to their friends (I for one, have done this a lot) then I can't really see people wanting to buy this. I know I wouldn't. Hell if I wanted to borrow a game from a friend I don't want to pay for it JUST to use it. Hell some people can't fork out nearly Ł50 for a game each time they get something new (or borrowed)

Ugh everything is turning into a huge pile of wank and I hate it for this. I think I'll just stick to my 360. It's not like I use XBL or online or anything anyway.

If PS4 doesn't disappoint then I might be leaning towards that too.. it depends what they're doing with Pre-Owned games, too. If they also need a fee to activate (rumoured for Xbox) then they can gtfo the market.. then I'll go towards everything Nintendo.

This post has been edited by Samoo: May 31 2013, 10:45 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Yuno Gasai
post May 31 2013, 10:52 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 547

Active Squad

QUOTE(Samoo @ May 31 2013, 04:44 PM) *
Ugh everything is turning into a huge pile of wank and I hate it for this. I think I'll just stick to my 360. It's not like I use XBL or online or anything anyway.

If PS4 doesn't disappoint then I might be leaning towards that too.. it depends what they're doing with Pre-Owned games, too. If they also need a fee to activate (rumoured for Xbox) then they can gtfo the market.. then I'll go towards everything Nintendo.

Yeah, it sure does suck. The thing is, if Sony don't follow suit then it could play in their favour with fans but at the same time a lot of game makers might only go to Xbox after this because it'd mean they get a lot more of a profit. Either way microsoft benefit, because if every console does get strict like this, people will turn more toward PC gaming.

This post has been edited by Yuno Gasai: May 31 2013, 10:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:59 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.