Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
IV's
unearthly
post Sep 17 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Game Over
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 136 493

Active Squad

Could someone explain to me a little the IVs?
I looked in the help section and couldn't find anything about it. If I missed it just give me a link.

I thought the more IV's a pokemon had the better it was, but I was using a shiftry with 156 IV's and it sucked compared to my sawsbuck with 133 IV's. Most of his stats are higher than sawsbuck's as well (except SPD), but sawsbuck still does more damage and survives longer than my shiftry does.
Do IV's really do much of anything? Or are the base stats the most important? If I wasn't counting IV's a lot of my sawsbuck's base stats are a bit higher than the shiftry, but with IV's included it's no contest who should be better.

If anyone has info on the IV's I would like to hear it because I am a bit confused.

This post has been edited by unearthly: Sep 17 2013, 09:24 PM

--------------------

{GPX Home}
Art (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 17 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #2

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Could you link us to the said Shiftry and Sawsbuck?

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

unearthly
post Sep 17 2013, 03:10 PM
Post #3

Game Over
Group Icon

Active Squad

sure happy.gif

--------------------

{GPX Home}
Art (click to show)
+Quote Post

Miss X
post Sep 17 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 154 290

Active Squad

IV stands for "Individual Value." While each species of Pokemon has its own base stats, the IVs between Pokemon of the same species differ. The overall stats (the Stats) are the sum of the base and IV for each stat. IVs are more for comparing Pokemon of the same species, whereas Stats are what you look at to determine how the Pokemon will fight. Now, looking at your Sawsbuck and Shiftry, your Sawsbuck has the higher attack, speed, and special defense. However, your Shiftry does have better stats in the other areas. If you haven't already, I might recommend changing up the moveset to focus on Shiftry's higher stats. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Miss X: Sep 17 2013, 06:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

unearthly
post Sep 17 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #5

Game Over
Group Icon

Active Squad

That's very helpful, thank you.

Just one more question, if the stats are the sum of the IV's and base stats together, how can it be that sometimes the stats are lower than the IV's?

This magikarp is a good example.. The sp. def and atk stats are both lower than the IV.. ? How does that happen?

--------------------

{GPX Home}
Art (click to show)
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Sep 17 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(unearthly @ Sep 17 2013, 09:21 PM) *
That's very helpful, thank you.

Just one more question, if the stats are the sum of the IV's and base stats together, how can it be that sometimes the stats are lower than the IV's?

This magikarp is a good example.. The sp. def and atk stats are both lower than the IV.. ? How does that happen?

At level 100, the IVs get added directly on, so if you had, for example, 40 Attack plus a 20 IV in Attack, you'd end up with a 60 Attack stat.

At lower levels, the IVs are scaled down just like the stats are. At levels 1-25, everything is a quarter of what it will be at level 100, so the same example I gave above would end up with 10 Attack plus (20/4)=5 for its IVs, so it would only have a 15 in Attack even though its IV is 20.

At levels 1-25, IVs are factored in at a ratio of 1/4 of the maximum; at levels 26-50, it's 1/2; and at levels 51-75 it's 3/4. From levels 76-100, IVs will be factored in with a 1-to-1 ratio.

(Disclaimer: All of this is just a theoretical example and I don't know exactly how base stats themselves get scaled down; it may not be exactly 40 -> 10 like in the example. Everything I said relating to IVs, however, is definitely correct.)

This post has been edited by pumpkinking0192: Sep 17 2013, 10:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 18 2013, 07:07 AM
Post #7

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Because linking would be dumb in this situation, this is a response to the disclaimer above, regarding how stats are created on GPX+

QUOTE(Battle Tower section in the Help Page (How are stats determined?))
Pokémon base stats are derived from the in-game ones (Novelty Pokémon stats are completely made up, however, for obvious reasons), however rather than leaving every Pokémon with a different base stat total, we've normalised these totals so that every Pokémon has the same amount of base stat points. For example, to get the base stats of Bibarel on GPXPlus, we we multiplied all its stats by 600/410, which is the target base stat total/the base stat total in-game.

If you want to read more, here is the link.

It also states that IV's work the same in GPX as they do in the real game, so if you're curious about how it works, then you could Google exactly how IV's work in the game and work it out that way. If you get a decimal answer (which is more than likely, if you're looking at the amount of each stat), then you always round down.

How to work out your stats (click to show)

It's not strictly what you're after, but if you ever need to work out how high a stat would be (with beneficial natures, varying IVs etc), then that's the formula you use. When you do the base stats, make sure you use the ones on GPX or you'll be getting the wrong thing wink.gif Taken from my thread here.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:06 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.