Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Closed TopicStart new topic
Is there trading?
TobisLover
post Sep 10 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 145 774

Active Squad

Is there any trading on the GPX Plus site? dumblook.gif if not we should so have that unimpressed.gif it helps get pokemon easier and people could get novelties and stuff from people who are breeding them and stuff

Link to other Topic click it I need help: http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=58529

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Arceus Awakened
post Sep 10 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #2

Suicune is the most beautiful of all ♥
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 80 219

My favourites~

No, there isn't - I think it's because it would make the game too easy. Exploration tasks it definitely would for levelling ones...

--------------------

~ freelance spriter | shiny collector | aspiring trinketeer ~

Project Arceus (click to show)

+Quote Post

TobisLover
post Sep 10 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Well it sure would help with people who don't have novelties, and Pokemon they really want, I mean the quests could be fixed to where the trades will not help people

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jaysus
post Sep 10 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 020

Active Squad

The thing about novelties though is that they are supposed to awards, well in most cases anyway. There are plenty of users using GPX who have put hours into building their pokedex and acquiring novelties and would be unbalanced for someone to just get all novelties and rare pokemon traded. Think there's like 9 arceus on the site, that would be irrelevant if trading existed. You could always find someone with the pokemon and ask them to breed them (novelties at least) or release some if your lucky, but for the novelties which require hard to find items such as Zergoose (blue stone) you would be waiting a long time i'm afraid

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

TobisLover
post Sep 10 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Well that's lame, other sites have trading, and it's still hard to get Pokemon, plus this site needs more novelties (so people have more to collect)

Oh and Legendary pokemon would still be hard to obtain

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jen
post Sep 10 2011, 08:14 PM
Post #6

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Is there any way to trade my Pokémon?
No, there isn't, and in all likelihood won't be. Most Pokémon can be found with relative ease, so we don't feel it necessary to implement any sort of trading system.

^ From the help page.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jaysus
post Sep 10 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I think thats a bit strong. Its really the users choice to join the site or not. The site has plenty of novelties, how can you complain there isn't trading because you want people to trade you novelties yet complain there isn't enough. Besides novelties are just that, novelties, i don't think GPX are attempting to create a complete new pokedex worth pokemon. I have no idea how many novelties there are on GPX however i've managed to fill at least 2 boxes (not to say there are not any doubles) so it more then satisfies my taste for them anyway.

Confused, how would legendaries be hard to obtain if trading existed? Novelties are pretty much legendaries anyway, so same rules would apply...

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

TobisLover
post Sep 10 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Won't be any? Wow that's pretty lame unimpressed.gif

Trading would just help with getting the Novelties to thoughs who don't have any such as newbies, The more Novelty Pokemon there is the more fun it gets, one site makes more Novelty like Pokemon every Month but only few get them then they breed them so everyone can have one

--------------------
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Sep 10 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #9

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

There are currently 83 novelties now that the Cherrim ones were added. We do NOT need more, but they're always fun. And theres always lots of novelties in the safari from shiny hunters. Trading would be superfluous

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

Jaysus
post Sep 10 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thats a whole lot of novelties there! I would say plenty, but if more were added, that would be fine too.

I guess you could always create your own GPX knock off site and implement trading, but in all fairness i fully understand why its not the most desirable thing to bring to the table, just how much more work would be involved, and also how many complaints when people rip other people off or multiple account violations would slow down progression in areas where time would be better spent?

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

TobisLover
post Sep 10 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

There should be a Novelty of at least almost every Pokemon, I'd like it to be that way, and a lot of people might agree with me, the more rare pokemon there is the more fun it is, besides most people leave the site after they get their Dex filled anyways, for all I know anyways.

I'm only 15, Just got into high School, idk how to make a Pokemon site, If I could I would make it the best one ever, but since idk how to make a website, I can't, The rip off thing can be fixed ban the person and give the person who was ripped off their pokemon back. Same as the multi account thing, besides I really doubt this site really needs much people to work on it, I mean it doesn't look like much things go on here.... besides I always have free time I need work to keep me occupied.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Megatron
post Sep 10 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #12

I am Nohrbat
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 018

Transformer-mons

A novelty of every Pokemon? Spriters work hard on the Novelties currently on site, would you really want to have them give up free time to do an enormous task like that? It's a fun idea, sure, but a task like that is just asking too much.

--------------------

General Awesome (click to show)

Credits & Misc. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Jaysus
post Sep 10 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

That is ridiculous. I'm sorry but why would anyone want a novelty for every pokemon? that seems silly since most novelties, although awesome, would be recoloured versions of the original pokemon. The point in legendaries/rares/novelties is that they are rare.

Besides, spriting actually takes alot of time if done well, and since the GPX sprites are ace, well to do every pokemon would destroy the spriters real life, remember they are real people...

Its really not as simple as ban this person, give this person their pokemon back. Apologies for mentioning another site here but this is purely for an example. Neopets have had to implement a no trade policy since people would trade rare/expensive items or pets to people for awards then 'trade back' but people would retain the pet/item and trade that to a further account and delete the other account. In this case however, it would be impossible to track it, or at least extremely difficult to since: i believe anyway, pokemon do not retain their nicknames once released.

I'm not actually suggesting you should make your own site but i don't think you should question the rules set by GPX since they have set them for a reason.

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

TobisLover
post Sep 10 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Well they need more Sprite people, and what's so wrong with recolors? Recolors can be creative, i've recolored a few Pokemon Sprites, people liked em because it looks like I made em myself

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pokii
post Sep 10 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #15

Adorable Demonic Pinecone
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 2 319

ORAS Team

Novelties are fun, but not when they're forced. One of every species would be neat, sure, but they'd each have to be worth having been made in the first place or it was just a waste of time an energy (like Cloysterman).

Anyway, the subject of this topic was trading and it's been established you can't on GPX+. If you want to discuss novelties, real or otherwise, there are other places to do it wink.gif

Lockidasical

--------------------
| | | | |

Make me an avatar!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 05:47 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.