Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Contest analyses, Incomplete
Do you find this useful?
Do you find this useful?
Yes [ 20 ]  [76.92%]
No [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
Sort of [ 3 ]  [11.54%]
This sucks [ 2 ]  [7.69%]
Total Votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 

ElMoro
post Jan 31 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Fear The Dark.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 738

Blaze it.

Basically I will provide movesets and different pokemon for usse in super contests. I will add more as I test them out.
————————————————————————————————
The tough Steelix
Bold / Relaxed / Lax / Impish
- Bind (will know upon capture)
- Stone edge (level 49)
- Crunch (level 41)
- Tackle (will know upon capture)
Stone edge is a guaranteed four hearts if used in a tough contest, unless you have annoying oppenents that use moves that stop the voltage from rising. Crunch can be used if your last another four hearts. Bind can be used if you're third or fourth, three or four hearts respectively. Tackle can be used after a bad turn when you're first or second. This moveset has completed normal,great and ultra and master ! Note that you can't win solely on appealing, you have to be good at dancing and dresssing up aswell. Even though I won solely on dancing and appeal When you get past greats you may want to teach it rage and remove tackle or bind.
Poffins info: I use colbur berries to make poffins if you're fast you can get really high levelled ones. NEVER feed your steelix loads of low level poffins or its toughness won't go very high.
The tough Palkia
- Ancient power (level 20)
- Spacial rend (level 40)
- Rock slide (TM80)
- Earthquake (TM26) / Strength (HM04)
Why anyone would waste a palkia on contests I don't know but it's still quite a good pokemon. Ancient power is 4 hearts if your last. Spacial rend is 4 hearts in a tough contest if you don't have annoying opponents that stop the voltage from rising. Rock slide is solid three hearts. Strength is another three hearts but earthquake can be used if you keep getting good turns making you always last. I am currently testing this palkia and it has beaten ultra rank, without feeding it a single poffin. I'm gonna feed it poffins for masters.
Poffins info: I use colbur berries to make poffins if you're fast you can get really high levelled ones. NEVER feed your palkia loads of low level poffins or its toughness won't go very high.
The beautiful porygon2
Modest / Mild / Quiet / Rash
- Signal beam (level 29)
- Frustration (TM 21)
- Tri attack (level 51)
- Sharpen (learn as porygon before evolving)
Signal beam is 4 hearts in a beauty contest if you don't have annoying oppenents that use moves that stop the voltage from rising. Frustration is a cute move but it wont lower vooltage in a beauty contest, it's good for when you're last. Tri attack is three solid hearts. Sharpen is another cute move, the next appeals points double good for scoring really high points. A good combo would be sharpen then signal beam. The other two moves are for support. This moveset has not been tested properly. If someone can donate a level 1 porygon I would be grateful also note that I want the porygon and not someone else to test it for reasons I'm too lazy to explain.
Poffin info: Charti berries are probably the best. NEVER feed your porygon2 loads of low level poffins or its beauty won't go very high.
The beautiful Milotic
- Mirror coat (breed male corsola with female feebas/milotic)
- Water gun (Known upon capture)
- Surf (HM03)
- Natural gift (TM83)
Mirror coat is 4 hearts if you'd had a good turn and you're last. Water gun is cute but cute moves don't lower voltage in beauty contests, it's three hearts for when you're not last. Surf is if you've had a bad turn so you're first or have done really well in dancing and dressing up so you're first, either way if you're first you will get 4 hearts. Natural gift is to be used after mirror coat if you're last again, it's a cool move but it won't lower voltage. This moveset has not been tested properly. If someone can donate a level 1 feebas I would be grateful also note that I want the feebas and not someone else to test it for reasons I'm too lazy to explain.
Poffin info: Charti berries are probably the best. NEVER feed your milotic loads of low level poffins or its beauty won't go very high.
The cool Electabuzz
Lonely / Brave / Adamant / Naughty
- Cross chop (breed male machop/machoke with female electabuzz)
- Thunder punch (level 28)
- Thunder shock (level 7)
- Dynamic punch (breed male machop/machoke with female electabuzz) / Low kick (level 10)
Thunder punch is if you've had a bad turn so you're first or have done really well in dancing and dressing up so you're first, either way if you're first you will get 4 hearts. Dynamic punch and cross chop are when you're getting loads of points and always last. Thunder shock is when you're not last or first. Low kick goes with thunder shcok when you are always not last. It's beatan great rank and came second at ultra but that was because I messed up at dancing.
Poffin info: Tanga berry is good but quite rare.
The cute wartortle
- Flail (breed male feebas with female squirtle/wartortle/blastoise)
- Aqua tail (level 32)
- Return (TM27)
- Frustration (TM21)
Frustration and fail are four hearts when you're last. Return is four hearts if your first. Aqua tail is always three hearts.
————————————————————————————————————————————————
QUOTE(empoleon dynamite @ Apr 7 2008, 04:48 PM) *
Heres my Cute Togepi's moveset:
Double Team (Allows first turn)
Facade (High score on last proformance)
Return (High score when preformed first)
Protect (High score for low voltage)

Its a cute moveset for a Togepi but any pokemon can have it since they are all tm's =]
Double team is a cool move but its still effective. It works well for me in contests.

I'd suggest dropping double team for something that's always three hearts. That's only my opinion though.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All info here is copyrighted by me and may not be republished anywhere else. This info may also be seen elsewhere, such as if I make a future site.

This post has been edited by ElMoro: Apr 19 2011, 09:43 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Feb 12 2008, 09:56 AM
Post #2

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

Shameless Man Whores

Have one for a Beautiful Milotic? Milotic needs to win Master Rank...
+Quote Post

ElMoro
post Feb 12 2008, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Fear The Dark.
Group Icon

Blaze it.

I only really put movesets of pokemon I recommend and although milotic evolves through beauty it isn't really that great. Here's a moveset but it requires you to breed and I haven't tested it properly.

The beautiful Milotic
- Surf (HM03)
- Natural gift (TM83)
Mirror coat is 4 hearts if you'd had a good turn and you're last. Water gun is cute but cute moves don't lower voltage in beauty contests, it's three hearts for when you're not last. Surf is if you've had a bad turn so you're first or have done really well in dancing and dressing up so you're first, either way if you're first you will get 4 hearts. Natural gift is to be used after mirror coat if you're last again, it's a cool move but it won't lower voltage.

This is just using my tecnique. You

--------------------
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Feb 12 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

QUOTE(ruhi18 @ Feb 12 2008, 03:04 PM) *
I only really put movesets of pokemon I recommend and although milotic evolves through beauty it isn't really that great. Here's a moveset but it requires you to breed and I haven't tested it properly.

The beautiful Milotic
- Surf (HM03)
- Natural gift (TM83)
Mirror coat is 4 hearts if you'd had a good turn and you're last. Water gun is cute but cute moves don't lower voltage in beauty contests, it's three hearts for when you're not last. Surf is if you've had a bad turn so you're first or have done really well in dancing and dressing up so you're first, either way if you're first you will get 4 hearts. Natural gift is to be used after mirror coat if you're last again, it's a cool move but it won't lower voltage.

This is just using my tecnique. You

I've got Mirror Coat and Surf. For the other two I have Hydro Pump and Water Pulse. I fed her only Dry Poffins, too. Now she won't eat anymore. -_-;; I really need some good moves. That, or luck.

Do you assess Pokemon for people? If you do, that's be a big help. To me.
+Quote Post

ElMoro
post Feb 12 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #5

Fear The Dark.
Group Icon

Blaze it.

For hydro pump and water pulse you really don't need three +2 if first to appeal you shouldn't have more than one without a move that makes you go first the next turn like aqua jet but I don't like that strategy. If it won't eat anymore poffins I'd suggest getting a blue scarf.

And sure, what pokemon do you need assessing.

--------------------
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Feb 12 2008, 06:45 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

QUOTE(ruhi18 @ Feb 12 2008, 06:09 PM) *
For hydro pump and water pulse you really don't need three +2 if first to appeal you shouldn't have more than one without a move that makes you go first the next turn like aqua jet but I don't like that strategy. If it won't eat anymore poffins I'd suggest getting a blue scarf.

And sure, what pokemon do you need assessing.

I know, but I use Milotic for battling too. I don't like Aqua Jet either, because most of the Pokemon in Master Rank go for sheen, so I have to work extra hard for move appeal. I don't think I can, none of my Pokemon are Max in Beauty. sad.gif
+Quote Post

ElMoro
post Feb 13 2008, 06:22 AM
Post #7

Fear The Dark.
Group Icon

Blaze it.

Battling and contesting isn't something you should do with one pokemon. But if you really want to then I would teach it the contest moves then beat master rank delete the contest moves then go to move rememberer and teach it it's old moves. As with the blue scarf I might get another one soon if I do then I'll trade it with you, for now I'd go to the item trading thread here.
*Added cool electabuzz to list*
*Added tough palkia to list*
*Added cute wartortle to list*
*Added poll*

--------------------
+Quote Post

Emp
post Apr 7 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #8

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 348

Active Squad

Geres my Cute Togepi's moveset:
Double Team (Allows first turn)
Facade (High score on last proformance)
Return (High score when preformed first)
Protect (High score for low voltage)

Its a cute moveset for a Togepi but any pokemon can have it since they are all tm's =]
Double team is a cool move but its still effective. It works well for me in contests. If you ise it please credit me at the bottom.

This post has been edited by empoleon dynamite: Apr 7 2008, 10:49 AM

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

ElMoro
post Apr 7 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #9

Fear The Dark.
Group Icon

Blaze it.

I just quoted you, so everyone can see that you did it happy.gif
Btw who voted this sucks?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jojo McDodd
post Jul 5 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #10

SMALL FUZZY INVENTOR KID~
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 272

Active Squad

Thought I'd let you see my Squirtle's moveset for the Cute Contest.
Aqua Tail
Protect
Hydro Pump
Bite

Seriously, I've fed her high-level Watmel poffins and she's made it to Ultra. Then I got off and forgot about it.

--------------------
squirtle.gif Squirtle ish pwn, and I claim it. You shall not steal. squirtle.gif

Previously known as Squirtlecuno.
I really like Horton Hears a Who and Percy Jackson. Like, more than Pokemon right now. So I changed my name. Because Jojo is my favorite character. And I loves him.~ <3
... also, someone already stole Nico di Angelo. >:U
SO YEAH
JOJO IS SMALL AND FUZZY AND ADORABLE

AND AND

YESH <3

My normal location:
http://shiningbarboach.deviantart.com/
Please visit me here! I would love you forever if you did!~

My Diamond Friend Code: 0344- 5879- 3079
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jul 20 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #11

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

i need help with my suicune. i want it to win master rank for all of the categories but for now, im focusing on beauty. it wont eat any more poffins (i received it in a trade like that) and the stats arent very high. the highest suicune ever won was 3rd place in the master beauty competition.

visual: without any accessories, it only receives two hearts from the crowd. with accessories it normally receives three or four hearts. with the blue scarf it normally receives five. are there any accessories that typically score more hearts than others?

acting:
[beauty] hydro pump: 2 hearts (double if first)
[beauty] surf: 2 hearts (double if first)
[smart] calm mind: 0 hearts (double score on next turn)
[beauty] mirror coat: 2 hearts (double if last)
fix this please!

This post has been edited by Pumpkin King: Jul 20 2008, 01:13 PM

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

ElMoro
post Jul 20 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #12

Fear The Dark.
Group Icon

Blaze it.

QUOTE(Pumpkin King @ Jul 20 2008, 07:11 PM) *
visual: without any accessories, it only receives two hearts from the crowd. with accessories it normally receives three or four hearts. with the blue scarf it normally receives five. are there any accessories that typically score more hearts than others?

It depends on the theme it says before you start on how much each accerory gives. This website provides a list.

QUOTE(Pumpkin King @ Jul 20 2008, 07:11 PM) *
acting:
[beauty] hydro pump: 2 hearts (double if first)
[beauty] surf: 2 hearts (double if first)
[smart] calm mind: 0 hearts (double score on next turn)
[beauty] mirror coat: 2 hearts (double if last)
fix this please!

You'll only need one double if first move for if you do well in the apperance and dance or if you do badly in one round, so choose between hydro pump or surf it doesn't really matter. Scrap calm mind. Keep mirror coat for if your last. Natural gift can be used after mirror coat if you've had another good round and you're last again, it's a coll move but won't lower voltage. Cut is to be used when you're not first or last for a simple three points, it's coll but won't lower voltage.
- Surf \ Hydro pump
- Mirror coat
- Natural gift
- Cut

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jul 20 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #13

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

thank you so much ruhi! i finally got the master class beauty ribbon! and the master class cool ribbon! im gonna try the other categories too. but i didnt use cut like you told me to. i tried it twice and i lost. i tried again with calm mind replacing it and i won! yay!

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Emp
post Jul 29 2008, 07:26 AM
Post #14

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 348

Active Squad

Hey I used your Steelix set and won master rank in tough!! I'm going to see if there are contest moves that give the same voltage and effects but in a different catagory. I'm bad at the dance part do that was really lucky.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Oct 22 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #15

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Thanks!
It's hard to find advice on Pokemon Contests.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Richard and Blaz...
post Oct 24 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #16

Mr. Blaziken
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 646

Richard's team

I use my Blaziken in competitive battles, but I wonder if it cold win Master Rank in Cool? Here it is:

Blaziken@ Red Scarf (thanks TRU Manaphy!)
Adamant nature
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Sky Uppercut
- ThunderPunch (via Emerald tutor, not willing to drop it, and it's good for the first turn anyway)

So... could you help? I'd be willing to remove Flare Blitz and Sky Uppercut, sicne they can be re-tutored via Heart Scale.

--------------------

I don't have Wi-Fi, so please don't ask. =(

^This avatar made by Smythy. 8D
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:55 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.