Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Death Note, Just. As. Planned.
Death Note
Who is justice in your eyes?
Kira [ 23 ]  [44.23%]
L [ 29 ]  [55.77%]
Total Votes: 52
Guests cannot vote 

AxM
post Oct 18 2009, 10:14 AM
Post #1

Psychfire Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 68 914

Active Squad

Any Death Note fans? This is the series that got me into the whole anime/manga craze.

It should be fairly obvious who my favorite is. (I'll give you a hint, who's seen eating chocolate through the whole show?)

I'm a Kira fangirl. Why? For the lulz of course. I still like L but Light's just so psychotic. xD

This topic also includes discussion of the LABB novel which introduces Beyond Birthday to us and is narrated by (Squee~) Mello.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Ryuzaki
post Oct 18 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #2

O_O
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 102

Flippin Sweetness!

I chose Kira. Now I will justify my answer:

This has nothing to do with what character I like better. When people ask "Are you on Kira's side or L's side?" most people take that as "Do you like Light or L better?" therefor it becomes a popularity contest. Naturally people pick L since he's so adorable, strange, and the 'underdog'. Though L is my favorite character, I believe Light had good intentions even though he let it all get to his head and ended up being the very thing he was against.

If there was no L and Light and Kira was a real person, I would agree with his methods. He was clearing the world of the horrible people that did wrong and deserved to die. Why let a murderer rot in prison while our tax dollars pay for him to be in there? He killed someone. Surely he deserves to die.

Now in the series, Light eventually started killing innocents, those who opposed him, and those who got in his way. I don't agree with the way he handled things, but all in all; he had good intentions for a while there.

In conclusion: Kira FTFW.

I've obviously been thinking about this a lot. I'm such a dork. awesome.gif

--------------------
Click on Matt to get to my Pogeymanz!
+Quote Post

Pandamneris
post Oct 18 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 68 934

Active Squad

I really like Death Note, although I do wish Light had won at the end -- as a writing geek, I would have loved to see the way they handled a villain protagonist actually winning. Plus, while I adored both Light and L equally as characters, I absolutely despised Near, and after chapter 58 Death Note pretty much became a chore to read. I got through the whole thing once and then never read past c58, or watched past that point in the anime, ever again. It was too tedious, the sexism became more blatant than ever, and frankly I was never satisfied with any of the characters' actions. The competition between Light and L was the heart of the series, and I think it was a mistake for them to continue the manga past that.

--------------------

I will try my best to return all clicks!
+Quote Post

Evilyn
post Oct 19 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #4

Illuusio Musiikista
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 745

Illuusio Musiikista

I love Death Note, it was the first anime (... besides Pokemon) I've seen and is the reason why I became an animeholic.

I'm on L's side, but Mello is my favourite from the series. L's a veeery close second. :3

I really enjoyed everything in Death Note, except Misa's "I LOVE YOU LIGHT~<3333" outbrusts.

Oh and, potato chip scene ftw.

This post has been edited by Evilyn: Oct 19 2009, 08:29 AM

--------------------

MyAnimeList // Last.fm // Cynic Paradise
live long enough to hear the sounds of guns
enough to find yourself screaming every night

+Quote Post

AxM
post Oct 19 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #5

Psychfire Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 914

Active Squad

QUOTE(Pandamneris @ Oct 18 2009, 11:45 PM) *
I really like Death Note, although I do wish Light had won at the end -- as a writing geek, I would have loved to see the way they handled a villain protagonist actually winning. Plus, while I adored both Light and L equally as characters, I absolutely despised Near, and after chapter 58 Death Note pretty much became a chore to read. I got through the whole thing once and then never read past c58, or watched past that point in the anime, ever again. It was too tedious, the sexism became more blatant than ever, and frankly I was never satisfied with any of the characters' actions. The competition between Light and L was the heart of the series, and I think it was a mistake for them to continue the manga past that.

I agree. I actually thought Light was going to win. But then Near... -_-.gif I hated Near so much.

QUOTE(Evilyn @ Oct 19 2009, 08:27 AM) *
I love Death Note, it was the first anime (... besides Pokemon) I've seen and is the reason why I became an animeholic.

I'm on L's side, but Mello is my favourite from the series. L's a veeery close second. cat.gif

I really enjoyed everything in Death Note, except Misa's "I LOVE YOU LIGHT~<3333" outbrusts.

Oh and, potato chip scene ftw.

teehee.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Evilyn
post Oct 20 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #6

Illuusio Musiikista
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 745

Illuusio Musiikista

QUOTE(Mmm Chocolate @ Oct 19 2009, 04:59 PM) *
teehee.gif

Mello fangirls, unite? awesome.gif

--------------------

MyAnimeList // Last.fm // Cynic Paradise
live long enough to hear the sounds of guns
enough to find yourself screaming every night

+Quote Post

Love
post Nov 27 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #7

If love is a labor, I'll slave till the end
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 57 047

Active Squad

I have to say L. I'm against capital punishment. Period. As much as I like Light and Ryuuk, L FTW

I agree with Evilyn - potato chip scene was epic (and I never say epic)

--------------------

Married on May 8, 2011!
Past names: Fearow, Mewtu, Mebukijika, Sawsbuck, Truth
+Quote Post

TTD
post Nov 27 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #8

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

Death Note is an awesome series. Lots of killing and funniness and coolness and such. The music soundtracks are awesome as well. The art is amazing.

"I'll take a potato chip, and EAT IT!" - Yagami Light

And as for who's side I'm on, I'm on neither side. For one thing, L is right about Light being evil, because Light is killing human beings with feelings and problems. People do crimes in order to fix their problems, like getting in trouble with mommy in order to cry for help. Other people do crimes because they have a special disorder. It really isn't their fault in the end, it's the disorder forcing the person to do that very crime. Also, some people are wrongly blamed for a crime, due to the justice system having plenty of flaws.

On the other hand, it's human nature to not know when to stop, and that's the point where the crimes are the criminal's fault. Light has the right idea on criminal genecide, but he goes about doing it the wrong way. If I were Light, I'd should check if the person has done a few or more crimes (a criminal history), then decide to kill them or not based on that. It's much better to do that than kill somewhat innocent people. But, I also feel that Light is doing the right thing because he's also killing crime by the root, as they say, by killing every criminal in the books that's alive; so he is basically guessing who's what.

EDIT: I also believe in the quotes, "You reap what you sow" and "An eye for an eye"

This post has been edited by The True Dragonforce: Nov 27 2009, 10:47 PM

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Love
post Nov 28 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #9

If love is a labor, I'll slave till the end
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 047

Active Squad

QUOTE(The True Dragonforce @ Nov 27 2009, 10:43 PM) *
And as for who's side I'm on, I'm on neither side. For one thing, L is right about Light being evil, because Light is killing human beings with feelings and problems. People do crimes in order to fix their problems, like getting in trouble with mommy in order to cry for help. Other people do crimes because they have a special disorder. It really isn't their fault in the end, it's the disorder forcing the person to do that very crime.

Humans are blessed with FREE WILL. Just because someone has problems with mommy as a kid doesn't mean he or she is destined to be a criminal. It's very ignorant to assume that a criminal has no choice in the matter. If he or she did it, then he or she did it because (s)he CHOSE to do it, not because it's hardwired into his/her brain. Granted, there are some people who genuinely don't know the difference between right and wrong, but you can't seriously think that those people make up the vast majority of criminals.

And that's it - I'm not getting into a debate about this. Just throwing in my two cents.

--------------------

Married on May 8, 2011!
Past names: Fearow, Mewtu, Mebukijika, Sawsbuck, Truth
+Quote Post

Cynalie
post Dec 18 2009, 02:33 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 784

Love

I have only watched the movies. Got the first movie original on DVD. Would love to have the other two too. And i'm on L's side <3

And i love the God of Death. - Gives an apple *

--------------------

Luv luv... <3
+Quote Post

Redtha
post Dec 18 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #11

http://redtha.tumblr.com/
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 032

Active Squad

I've only read the manga, yet to see the anime. I enjoyed it. ^_^.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

GoWestYoungMeowt...
post Feb 8 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #12

Make New Friends, But Keep The Old. One Is Silver, And The Other
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 649

Team Rocket

Death Note is awesome!
I have to admit, I voted for L, but do see Kira as a justice-bringer also.

--------------------
Previously TheSonicLink!

Also Previously BidoofBound!
+Quote Post

l Dark l
post Jun 1 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #13

Don't question Zoroark or Zoroark will question you.
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 313

Hunting Shiny Pokemon

I love Kira. Light is so awesome, so psychotic, so adorably crazy! Nyahahahahaha!~

--------------------
.:Please click them:.
{}{}

Shiny Pokemon Hunt Banners by xJesstheMess (click to show)

Pokemon Personality Quiz. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ganguro
post Jun 2 2010, 06:58 PM
Post #14

ACCESS DENIED.
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 055

ERROR.

I hate Death Note... But I've watched the entire anime and read LABB. dry.gif
I really wanted Kira to win... Well, because my name is Kira. That and Light was just full of awesome sauce. I find psychoticness a real turn-on. L was adorable and what-not, but way too overrated. Beyond Birthday is the shit, though. That much I'll admit. And am I the only person who doesn't hate Misa? I thought she was uber cute and her ditzyness and slight whorishness just added to her appeal.

--------------------

click to go my paaartaaay.
+Quote Post

Whoot Virus
post Jun 9 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #15

Whatever
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 63 881

Who knows...

I watched and read Death Note... and i like it. Its great.

When i heard first the story, kill with a book, i thought... mh boring.
But its much better ^^

I liked Kira and L
and both had their Wins and Loses. happy.gif

--------------------

Be my Disciple!

Goals (upd. 18th June) (click to show)

KantoShinyQuest 58|85 (click to show)
+Quote Post

Majintastic
post Jun 15 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #16

derp
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 230

Active Squad

Ah, Death Note.
That takes me waaay back, guys.
It was my first fandom. Then I found Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (which, I think is better than DN because it isn't like "THIS IS SRS BSNS!!!1!". It combines the mystery and supernatural thing that DN has going on, while adding hilarity and action. And an extremely badass demon male lead. With a bird face. To be honest, it's the only series that has ever made me feel sympathetic for ALL of its main villains. Except Sicks. That guy needs to die in a hole.)

Much like Ryuk, I'm not on anybody's side. To be honest -please don't kill me- I hated the main characters. Light was way too much of a douchebag for me to like him, and I was frankly weirded out by L. The only humans I really liked in the anime were Matsuda, Soiichiro, and Mikami.
I must say, I like Light's idea at the beginning of the series, when he wasn't a giant egotistical fartknocker . The world really would be better without murderers and such, and I feel that if the police had cooperated with Kira, everything would have been cool. It would have set a definitive line in the sand that, if crossed, would result in death. There would be no speculation as to whether the criminal was innocent or not, as there would be an investigation. Kira could hunt criminals himself, but not kill them UNTIL he and the police were sure of their guilt.

oh wow that was a wall'o'text

--------------------

Click? ; U ;
+Quote Post

Tazii
post Jun 16 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #17

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

Mello and Beyond are defiantly my favourites.

I hate Light with every fibre of my being. He killed off all my favourite characters (except Misa but her life was 1/4rd). I also found him to be a complete hypocrite. I'm defiantly not a Kira fan dry.gif And as much as I hated the ending, I still giggle when he goes psycho and Matsuda shoots him smirk.gif. Not happy that Near was the one who got him but, ehh, as long as it was L's side that won.

This post has been edited by Hinata Hyuuga: Jun 16 2010, 07:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Jun 16 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #18

True king
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Watched over half of the episodes but never got a chance to finish it. L is an awesome character.

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Bloodbender
post Jun 25 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 349

Active Squad

I liked both characters equally.

I dont think another human has the right to take a life of another human so i guess I'm with L but when I think about it, I agreed with what Light was doing.....except for the wanting to be a god part.
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jun 25 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #20

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Kira. I never understood what was so great about L. I may not agree that it was a good thing for him to take the life of others, but he`s the better character in my eyes.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:54 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.