Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mega pokemon
nokrow889
post Aug 10 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #1

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU

thoughts?

personally im on the fence i need to learn more about them first :/

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Aug 10 2013, 11:29 AM
Post #2

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

It was kind of odd, but I like the forms a lot. I'm sad that they're only temporary in-battle boosts, though. You can only have one on your team at a time, I heard, and the ability to transform into one takes up an item slot. There are more coming in next month's CoroCoro.

I hope there aren't so many that they negatively impact how many actually new pokemon are in XY. That's the absolute only thing I'm concerned about when it comes to these guys.

--------------------
+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Aug 10 2013, 11:52 AM
Post #3

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

QUOTE(Indoor Survival @ Aug 10 2013, 12:29 PM) *
It was kind of odd, but I like the forms a lot. I'm sad that they're only temporary in-battle boosts, though. You can only have one on your team at a time, I heard, and the ability to transform into one takes up an item slot. There are more coming in next month's CoroCoro.

I hope there aren't so many that they negatively impact how many actually new pokemon are in XY. That's the absolute only thing I'm concerned about when it comes to these guys.

i agree with you on the second part i just hope charizard gets one XD

EDIT: oh and noctowl he needs the psychic type make it a psychic flying type

This post has been edited by nokrow889: Aug 10 2013, 11:53 AM

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Aug 10 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Let Us In

A Mega Noctowl would be great. I've always kind of liked it, but it just needed a little boost to it.

Mega Kangaskhan has been confirmed now.

Baby Is Out Of Pouch (click to show)

Her ability allows her attacks to hit twice. "Parental Bond", it's called. Inb4 hacked onto Scizor and Excadrill. :V

This post has been edited by Indoor Survival: Aug 10 2013, 01:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 10 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #5

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I'm quite pleased something like Kangaskhan has something like this. I really hope that other OP'd and stupidly popular stuff like Charizard, Ninetales etc, don't get anything..

They need to incorporate these things into Pokémon people don't necessarily use >_>

This post has been edited by Samoo: Aug 10 2013, 02:10 PM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 10 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #6

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

^Yeah, like Luvdisc. That 'mon is so useless, it's pretty much a joke at this point. And this new MKanga is probably as close to a proper pre-evo for Kangaskhan as we'll get for the time being. sealed.gif (in regard to the fact that the baby isn't in its mother's pouch, not stats-wise.)

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Aug 10 2013, 02:24 PM

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 10 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #7

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Mars Adept Enten @ Aug 10 2013, 08:22 PM) *
^Yeah, like Luvdisc. That 'mon is so useless, it's pretty much a joke at this point. And this new MKanga is probably as close to a proper pre-evo for Kangaskhan as we'll get for the time being. sealed.gif

I was actually thinking things like Farfetch'd, Qwilfish, Girafarig, Dunsparce etc. Then again I suppose those need an evolution, but something like a Mega thing would be a reminder to say "Hey remember we still exist!"

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Aug 10 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Let Us In

One of the Pokebeach rumors stated that "Dunsparce will have its time to shine" in this gen, so I think he might get one, at least.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Letan
post Aug 10 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

My opinion of it isn't any different than my opinion of Pokemon with alternate forms.

I'm putting my faith into GameFreak being capable of balancing these so I'm not worried about any Pokemon other than Speed Boost Blaziken being horrendously overpowered. The fact that they're required to hold their respective Mega Stone is already a significant hindrance to most things (bye leftovers, choice items, etc.) so who knows, we could see some Pokemon builds where people prefer using its original state over the Mega Evolution. I already see this being possible with Lucario since it goes from having high Special Attack to having high Attack.

I'm still hoping for some older Pokemon receiving permanent evolutions, but I'm eager for what CoroCoro has in store next month since it's gonna contain more Mega Evos. So far I'm loving Mega Lucario (probably because Lucario is already one of my favourites), and Mega Kangaskhan is just about the funniest thing I've seen and I mean that in the best way possible.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

unexistence
post Aug 10 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #10

Fan of Smash Bros, Pokémon, A:TLA, A:LOK, Zelda, things
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 31 681

Favorites ♥

I personally like how they made some pretty epic Pokemon more epic (I'm looking at you, Blaziken), I think they're good additions overall, no idea how they'd function in competitive battling though :/

--------------------

GPXing sporadically.

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 11 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #11

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

oh.gif Dunsparce might be getting a Mega-Evo? thrust.gif I hope that's true, because I <3 Dunsparce (tsuchinoko FTW ^_^.gif), but he's next to useless in battle. sad.gif
And I'm also hopeful that Farfetch'd gets a Mega-Evo as well. All I'm saying, is if farfetchd.gif gets a MEvo, it better have a green onion BFS. wink.gif

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Aug 12 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #12

Veteran Kaz would like to battle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 227

ElecPsy Team

So far, I'm liking the designs of these Megas, but the concept is something I'm a little iffy about. You've already got a good cast of Pokemon there that are now going to become even better (Looking at Mewtwo, Blaziken, and Lucario), just without the ability to hold an item in-battle aside from their appropriate 'nite'. Also, would these Mega Evolutions prevetn Pokemon from obtaining evolutions, that they kind of require (I'm looking at you, Mawile and Absol)?

On top of these 7 Pokemon that we currently know, according to someone on Pokejungle who did some searching into trademarks, the following Pokemon are to have had Mega*their name* claimed by Gamefreak:
  • Charizard
  • Blastoise
  • Gengar
  • Pinsir
  • Jynx
  • Gyarados
  • Aerodactyl
  • Scizor
  • Houndoom
  • Tyranitar
  • Heracross
  • Gardevoir
  • Medicham
  • Banette
  • Aggron
  • Latias/Latios
  • Abomasnow

Now what does this potentially mean? Well, if this claim of trademarks is correct, we're looking at a combination of fan favorites like Pinsir and Charizard, and already highly viable Pokemon such as Tyranitar, Heracross and Scizor. This could mean that Mega Evolutions will further these Pokemon's capabilities, and leave Pokemon already left in the dust due to unviable competitive prowess even further left in the dust, as these Mega Evolutions could have helped them, such as the much needed boosts of Mawile and Absol that have been confirmed, as well as the newly confirmed Kangaskhan.

I just hope that they allow those underappreciated Pokemon like Dunsparce, Qwilfish and Luvdisc a chance that they need to show their might. I don't want to see more of these Overused Pokemon becoming even more Overused, thanks.

TL;DR
Current Megas look cool, but I fear what they could toss at us in the near future. Just have to wait and see.

--------------------
Click one of the images below to be directed to my profile on the shown website

+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Aug 13 2013, 05:11 AM
Post #13

True king
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Digimon. That's what I kept thinking when I first heard of this.

Has anyone else been thinking this when they saw Mega evolution, temporary as it is?
Torchic>>>>>Combusken>>>Blaziken>>>>MegaBlaziken
~Rookie~>>~Champion~>>~Ultimate~>>~Mega~

:'D

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Aug 13 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #14

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

Member No.: 115 631

*splahes about*

QUOTE(Kazyx @ Aug 12 2013, 10:49 PM) *
I just hope that they allow those underappreciated Pokemon like Dunsparce, Qwilfish and Luvdisc a chance that they need to show their might. I don't want to see more of these Overused Pokemon becoming even more Overused, thanks.
^ My thoughts about all of this in a nutshell.

I'm still not really that comfortable with Mega Blaziken because of how overpowered it could end up being. There must be some kind of catch to it's mega form because I don't see why you would want to power up an already OP speed boost Blaziken even more (it also feels a little awkward that they just grabbed one out of all the other starter pokemon and just gave it a mega form, as if he's more special than the other starters or whatever, but it's not a huge complaint anyways, just a little awkward in that sense).

please do something with the unown gamefreak so they can actually become usable somehow

EDIT - apparently there might be mega forms of all the other starters as well, so never mind about the awkwardness of only Blaziken getting a mega form.

This post has been edited by Gizmokarp: Aug 23 2013, 11:47 AM

--------------------

.: x :.
+Quote Post

Yume Murasaki
post Aug 13 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 181 838

Active Squad

I personally think that under appreciated Pokemon should have Megas as well. >~< Though, I'd also like some for the Eeveelutions and Togekiss, perhaps even some others. When this happened, I kept thinking Digimon, though I loved that series and how they incorporated a tiny bit into Pokemon pleases me.

--------------------

Uhm, hi~ I'm Yume Murasaki and I came here from Pokefarm. Well, that face above was made by Poketronex for me, so uhm, don't accuse me of stealing please! Also, my avatar was made by Rein from Pokefarm, and that's my Pony OC, so don't accuse me of stealing that either...

Sweet dreams Sylph~ That icon of Sylph was made for me by Kiki321 on Pokefarm, please excuse me for transferring much of my stuff.

Oh and I am komaichan456. You may call me Komai, Sylph, Murasaki, or Yume. Anything else is fine too. ^^"
+Quote Post

Aztos
post Aug 20 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 204 024

Favorites

Personally I liked them.
But I think that Mawile and Absol needed normal evolutions :|

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Aug 21 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #17

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

That Mega Ampharos is sexy

--------------------
+Quote Post

somnivore
post Aug 21 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #18

Super high-level high school fanfic author!
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 575

GymLeaderDreamParty

i'm super excited for mega gardevoir and mega gengar. their normal forms are already massive staples of my general endgame team, so i'm excited to be able to give them a special status within my team.

also, mega ampharos' mane is glorious.

--------------------

add me to your pal pad for daily clicks!
hablo un poco de espańol & je parle un petit peu de français!

+Quote Post

Husdhaid
post Aug 21 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #19

but your dad just call me Katya
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 376

Oh well

Its' not that bad idea I think. However, as all you've said, they shouldn't make Mega- with pokemons which are used ALWAYS by their owners. I mean Blaziken, Lucario. They are really overused. Love the idea to make Absol's and Mawile's megaform. Now, they look stronger, as somebody could think. AND MAWILE LOOKS BETTER THEN EVER IN NEW FORM.

But what about other pokemons? Why Marowak can't get Mega? Or Arbok? Mismagius, Octillery, Masquerain, Froslass, Lumineon, Mantyke. Why not them? They may be back, in grace.

In other hand, I'd love to see some pokemons Mega forms. Like, Luxray, Drapion, Milotic, Arcanine, Dewgong, Cloyster, Xatu, Flygon, Altaria, Rapidash, Gliscor. THINK how awesome they can look. But, we can speculate what Pokemon will get mega form. As well as I hope some non-evolving pokemons, will get evolutions. happy.gif

TLDR
We should wait, to see. Maybe they will surprise us.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jett Ryu
post Sep 4 2013, 04:01 PM
Post #20

The Black Dragon/Ghost
Group Icon

Member No.: 202 427

The Dream Team

I just saw the Kanto Starter Megas. They look good, but I have minor complaints about Charizard and Blastoise. Again, they're minor.

--------------------
This will be the day we've waited for
This will be the day we open up the door
I don't wanna hear your absolution
Hope your ready for a revolution
Welcome to a world of new solutions
Welcome to a world of bloody evolution
In time your heart will open minds
A story will be told
And victory is in a simple soul

Highschool of the Dead: Sin City | Character artist(s) wanted!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.