Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pokemon CD (Nostalgia)
InkBlot
post May 14 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #1

On the road to Viridian City
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 20 277

Pokemon I want. <3

I have the original pokemon CD (My friend found it and gave it to me.

The one with :
1. Pokemon Theme (Full theme, premiered in Mewtwo Strikes back)
2. 2B a Master
3. Viridian City
4. What Kind of Pokemon are You?
5. My Best Friends
6. Everything Changes
7. The Time Has Come (Pikachu's Goodbye)
8. Pokemon (Dance Mix)
9. Double Trouble (Team Rocket)
10. Together Forever
11. Misty's Song
12. PokeRAP
13. You Can do it(If you really try)

I love this CD I remember when it first came out I was spending the night at an old friends house and we listened to it all night while playing pokemon cards and the games

What nostalgia do you have about the anime, the music so on?

--------------------

I always click back!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Verity Lily
post May 14 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Butterfree Farm
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 11 834

Heart Gold

Music: I had the very same album on CD, and when I was driving my (then little) brothers around, sometimes we'd have it on and all sing along. It makes me so happy that I've been known to listen to it on the way to job interviews or other stressful situations, to keep me calm.

Most of my nostalgia is with my little brothers. I probably wouldn't have been interested in POkemon at all, except that I went with them to see the first movie.

--------------------

Legendaries (click to show)

group banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

InkBlot
post May 14 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Pokemon I want. <3

QUOTE(Lindley @ May 14 2009, 02:36 PM) *
Music: I had the very same album on CD, and when I was driving my (then little) brothers around, sometimes we'd have it on and all sing along. It makes me so happy that I've been known to listen to it on the way to job interviews or other stressful situations, to keep me calm.

Most of my nostalgia is with my little brothers. I probably wouldn't have been interested in POkemon at all, except that I went with them to see the first movie.

I grew up with pokemon, so it is always cool for me too look back and think of it all. Like I still have all my original cards, and games, the first two or three VHS of the series and the original Mewtwo strikes back VHS.

<3

I was a huge pokenerd as a kid. haha.

I just got the actual CD recently, I never owned it until now. So I've been listening to it for days haha.

POKEMON oh you're my best friend~ in a world we must defendddd

--------------------

I always click back!

+Quote Post

Verity Lily
post May 14 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #4

Butterfree Farm
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 834

Heart Gold

You're lucky - I was already grown up! But it was really good to have a common interest to bond with my brothers, who are sixteen years younger. I wish I'd watched it from the beginning, but I was a student - I never got up that early in the morning. snorlax.gif

Now my wife/civil partner is a huge Pokemon fan, so all four of us share the interest, which is awesome. Doesn't earn great social points as an adult professional, but who cares when I have a giant cuddly Meowth.

I think the reason the music makes me so happy is that it is all so positive - friendship, trying hard, aiming high. Those things weren't always easy for me, especially when I suffered major depression.

Also, the pokemon movie theme has Rapture from "Jem", my favourite cartoon when I was little, singing it!

This post has been edited by Lindley: May 14 2009, 01:45 PM

--------------------

Legendaries (click to show)

group banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

InkBlot
post May 14 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Pokemon I want. <3

QUOTE(Lindley @ May 14 2009, 02:44 PM) *
You're lucky - I was already grown up! But it was really good to have a common interest to bond with my brothers, who are sixteen years younger. I wish I'd watched it from the beginning, but I was a student - I never got up that early in the morning. snorlax.gif

Now my wife/civil partner is a huge Pokemon fan, so all four of us share the interest, which is awesome. Doesn't earn great social points as an adult professional, but who cares when I have a giant cuddly Meowth.

I think the reason the music makes me so happy is that it is all so positive - friendship, trying hard, aiming high. Those things weren't always easy for me, especially when I suffered major depression.

Also, the pokemon movie theme has Rapture from "Jem", my favourite cartoon when I was little, singing it!

I watched Jem too. my mom had an old VHS of one of the movies I think and I watched it. She was a favorite of mine. <3

I was born in 1990, so I got hit with the entire trading card thing a lot. (Digimon, pokemon, yu gi oh, etc)
I'm in college now, but I don't care. I have a group of friends who all are into pokemon as well, so we do it together. :>

--------------------

I always click back!

+Quote Post

Flamer
post May 14 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #6

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 757

Faves

The 1st series of the anime and Silver bring back the most nostalgia for me. And the original TCG cards.

I also have a Pokemon CD. Its not a album, just a single. Most likely one of the tracks of that, but I can't remeber which one shakefist.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chloe Noir
post May 20 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 086

Active Squad

I love it. I have that CD too. I like prepare for trouble!

--------------------
I breed requests. If you need a Pokemon for your game, PM me.

+Quote Post

Linkachu
post May 23 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #8

The Mad Hatter
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 481

Dream team

Heh. The music from the dub CDs, good or bad, is hugely nostalgic for me, too. It's like the "do no wrong" kind of collection for me. The lyrics can be corny, but some of them (Together Forever, The Time Has Come, Everything Changes, You Can Do It (If You Really Try) etc.) I adore to pieces. My two favourites are probably still You & Me & Pokemon, and the original dub OP. You & Me & Pokemon is just a gorgeous song no matter which version I'm listening to, and the original theme is just filled with hordes of nostalgia.

Mm.. The first CD is probably my most memorable, but the later releases were still nice, too. All We Wanna Do, The Game, etc. and several others from Totally Pokemon are on my "Favourite Dubbed Pokemon music" list... Eh, who am I kidding? Beyond a select few tracks, I love all of the dubbed music solely because it's Pokemon XP

--------------------

"I'm really glad I came here, you know? I've been all wrongheaded about this. Weeping, crawling, blaming everybody else. I want Dru back, I've just gotta be the man I was; the man she loved. I'm gonna do what I shoulda done in the first place: I'll find her, wherever she is, tie her up, torture her, until she likes me again."
+Quote Post

yamisetsu
post May 24 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 781

Current Pearl Team

I have the CD somewhere, but I can still find the video's of the Pikachu's Jukebox on Youtube, the Team Rocket song is still the best. happy.gif

--------------------

Please click on my Pokemon/eggs, i'll do my best to click back grin.gif
+Quote Post

Aya Kuagari
post May 29 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 940

Active Squad

i used to have that cd. i loved it so much. i played it over and over and over again and it eventually stopped working ): i miss it.

--------------------

please click my eggs? :] i click back as soon as i notice. if i don't click back, it's cause i didn't see it in time. D= so sorry.

if you're going to one click, then one click deoxys please wink.gif

In Daycare

Houndour X Ponyta

Number of eggs: 6

Personality test (click to show)
+Quote Post

Simply Angle
post May 30 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 270

Radda Rada

I had the first Pokemon CD that came out but sadly I believe it was snapped by my brother when he got angry at me.
Out of the CD I loved the dance mix and Misty's Song.
Misty's Song was just so cute and I'm a sap for love music.

I should really take the time to listen to a few of those songs again.

--------------------
★★★★

★★★★

+Quote Post

Dark Sylveon
post Jul 29 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #12

Junebug ღ
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 292

Active Squad

I remember the day it came out. My cousin and I had each preordered it from amazon.com. I was at her house when it came, and we giggled and listened to it and loved it. It was really wonderful. We were both really into Team Rocket at the time, and squealed with joy when Double Trouble came on. XD

I still have my copy and love it so much. A friend made me a copy of the French version too. XD I also have the Pokémon Live soundtrack, and the second soundtrack (that has Two Perfect Girls and other songs). Never got the Christmas soundtrack, though I have heard it. I have countless Japanese Pokémon CDs, too.

...Nostalgia. I'm going to listen to this CD again. Thanks~
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:33 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.