Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
An anime for teenagers
Decontrolled Rai...
post May 9 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 20 322

Active Squad

First off, I'm not saying we should totally edit or rip down the current anime. Leave that one for the kiddies.

I'm saying we should have an anime aimed for the older fans as we are. I don't know if it's our generation or something, but games seem to refuse to develop anything for their older fans, missing out on a huge market. So, if you were in charge of this project, what would you put in a Pokemon anime for the fans who first got hooked back in Kanto?

For me, follow different types of trainers. This was done in Chronicles and was so much more interesting then tagging along with the same-old setup of rookie/female friend/"big brother" type friend. A ten-year-old newbie is fine, but what about an experienced trainer or someone on an evil team? Have one of each and let their paths cross sometimes. It'd give a more varied view of the Pokemon world and allow for much more interesting characters - it'd be like following Ashs group, Paul and a Team Galatic grunt. By following them rather then having them appear every so often, it gives them more depth and makes them more relatible.

Bring back a serious evil team. Team Rocket in Kanto was serious stuff, creating Mewtwo and commiting some serious/distressing crimes. Anyone remember that episode where they used a Drowsee to hypnotise the Pokemon on an island to turn on their trainers? Pikachu just used turned on Ash for no good reason. That was a great episode. Nowadays the evil teams are a joke - they are literally comedy relief or just have the most absurd goals (hello every team except Team Rocket). So yeah, a team who can be taken seriously and pose a viable threat.

Having said that, cameos would be fine by me. Have Jessie, James and Meowth stop by occasionally, or even Misty, Brock etc.. As long as they're shown in a manner fitting with the older tone of the anime...hell, even have them be a bit older, or set it slightly in the future. Maybe TR have defected from Team Rocket and are on the run from their former employer or something. Or not or whatever. As long as they're not a complete joke or totally annoying.

Bring back real damage/danger. In Kanto it felt like the Pokemon could be really harmed, such as in the first episode or that battle against Blaine (both with Pikachu - first episode we all know he was beaten badly by a flock of Spearow, the battle against Blaine he was nearly thrown into the lava). In the later episodes I have yet to feel that the characters are in any real danger, so I'm either not connecting with them like I used to (which is bad) or the danger element just isn't there (also bad).

But I digress and go on a tangent. What are your ideas?

--------------------
~[Insert meaningful song lyrics here]~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
^ Dry Berries please! =) / They need to be warm XD ^

A letter I found in my room one day... (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Aten
post May 9 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 596

G1 & 2 :D

I totally agree...

--------------------

Click the rope snake for my party!

Claims: ^ Those 3 awesome.gif

I'm proud of you! (click to show)

Credit grin.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

Luxord
post May 9 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #3

The Idiot of GTS.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 212

My Fantasy Team

same

--------------------
Everyone is still HERE happy.gif
+Quote Post

Aten
post May 9 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 596

G1 & 2 :D

Well Team Rocket used to use bombs, rockets, and guns. It's sad really..."TAKE THIS! OUR GIANT ROBOT! OH NO WE DIED!" Next episode: "TAKE THIS! OUR GIANT ROBOT! OH NO WE DIED!"

--------------------

Click the rope snake for my party!

Claims: ^ Those 3 awesome.gif

I'm proud of you! (click to show)

Credit grin.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

Decontrolled Rai...
post May 9 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 322

Active Squad

QUOTE(Aten @ May 10 2009, 12:03 AM) *
Well Team Rocket used to use bombs, rockets, and guns. It's sad really..."TAKE THIS! OUR GIANT ROBOT! OH NO WE DIED!" Next episode: "TAKE THIS! OUR GIANT ROBOT! OH NO WE DIED!"

Too true...it never made sense to me. They were struggling to get food, yet could pour their resources into giant mechas every episode? And over a Pikachu too? It really ended up discrediting them as villians, whereas I think it was possible to make them serious villians you could sympathise with. But that's a bit much for a kids show I guess =/ Villians are either very bad guys who must meet justice or comic idiots who the main characters always defeat through fair play and by generally being better then them.

I'd also like to see a slightly darker side tot he Pokemon world. If anyone has played Colossuem, they'll remember Pyrite Town and the Under. Those locations were fantastic - for those who don't know what I'm getting at, they were industrial, poor areas largely populated by rebellious/anti-social youths - and added a touch of rust and grit to the usual "shiny shiny", upbeat areas that are presented everywhere else. It's like there are absolutely no run-down areas in any of the regions, which can't be possible.

--------------------
~[Insert meaningful song lyrics here]~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
^ Dry Berries please! =) / They need to be warm XD ^

A letter I found in my room one day... (click to show)

+Quote Post

Jenova
post May 10 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #6

looool
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 801

Platinum team~

It would be *amazing* if they did that. Maybe they'd actually, you know, throw in a few canon pairings too.

--------------------

Sprites~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Prof Nexus
post May 10 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #7

They call me... The PHANTOM RENEGADE.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 365

Active Squad

Needs Silver as the main character, just because he's badass.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ecchan
post May 11 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 569

My favorutes

Firstly Pokémon is for 10+, But in DP pg down to 4+.
Yes we need a pokémon anime like 13+ or 16+ like Pokémon manga.

--------------------

I'll click back always when I'm online.

+Quote Post

Fuzzy Pickels
post May 11 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 21 847

Active Squad

QUOTE(Quagsire @ May 11 2009, 12:02 AM) *
Needs Silver as the main character, just because he's badass.

This. This right here.

I think a more mature Pokemon anime would, you know, have canon pairings. Fan speculation isn't so bad, but it gets really annoying after a while. I mean, it's not like even Ash/Misty is canon, even though tons and tons of hints are dropped. It's annoying.

--------------------

I will definitely click you back but if you one click me, I one click you
+Quote Post

Oneiroi
post May 12 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #10

derp
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 255

The Usual

I agree.
Pokemon is too littlekiddish right now.

I'd like to see more romance, AND BETTER CHARACTERS. D8
I just don't want everything to be... so... "happy-happy".
x_x.gif It's killing me.

--------------------

Stuff (click to show)

Personality (click to show)

Special Boxes (click to show)

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post May 12 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #11

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Video Games from Nintendo have been like that since the dawn of time!
A decade ago, Conker and South park were pretty much the only games for an older audience (I'm sure there are more).

I could care ether way, but I think the anime should stay targeted towards kids.
That ruins the enjoyment for us (you), but the kids would be disappointed if they couldn't watch it.

Besides, they've already established an audience for about a decade. Even then, I doubt teens would be interested in watching it.

This post has been edited by johnrichard1991: Jun 24 2009, 07:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

misa acar
post May 12 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #12

THE worthless blobb
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 886

dream team

YES! i have been suggesting this around th forums, while replieing to other topics! I think it would be great if they did this, i mean there is so much in the kiddies anime,pokemon, that is not kid syuff if u pick it out, they could bring it out more in this new anime! I think this is a great idea and i am very happy that some one else out there has thought of it! I dont want them changeing the games though, they seem fine where they are, but they could call it "PokemonX" or "Pokemon-Plus" summtin like that, and have a voilence and mature content warning before it airs, and air it later in the night on weekends, when other teen animes like naruto, and inuasha air grin.gif

Also I would love to see some romance, bring Misty back and hook her up with Ash, DUH, they deserve eachother, everyone knows that! Why did pokemon pratically state they they like eachother and then, just get rid of her! I MEAN COME ON! this is why we need a new pokemon. ALSO pokemon, and the trainers, for what i have seen, they should almost all be dead, and bad guys should also be more powerful.

--------------------
All events eggs! Help them hatch!
---------

My Pokemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lummi
post May 12 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 671

HeartGold Party

It's a nice thought, but I don't think I'd watch it. I like the cheesiness of the current show. Sure, it gets redundant with the constant gym battle formula, but I still enjoy it. I feel if they make a different anime it will lose that dorky charm, which I guess is the point. No one but dorks like me like it like that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lady Fanfan
post May 12 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #14

Make Love.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 661

Team 818.

The only thing that might be directed to teens is when Hunter J is literally killing Ash.

If there was a good teen kind of anime, is when Team Rocket is going to have robots and killing machines like the other posters said. Seeing innocent people die and death of pokemon. Or just to make it more dramatic, actual character death.

--------------------

|
Click Matt Bellamy for my party!

I claim... registeel.gif and spheal.gif ;D
+Quote Post

Tenkohime
post Jun 6 2009, 03:26 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 762

Team Sand Stream

I'd like that. They could do a special based on Pokemon Collosseum or one of the manga.

--------------------

A sheep that guards eggs...?
They call me the Flaaffy Queen.
+Quote Post

kohakumoon
post Jun 8 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 538

Active Squad

That would be amazing, but I doubt that they would do it. Maybe if there was a huge petition sent to them or something they would realize that there are a lot of people who want a show with more mature themes.

--------------------

Avatar made by: The Serenity Spirit

Eevee Army : Canine Army : Water and Ice

Crysla (click to show)

Combee (click to show)

Claims (click to show)
+Quote Post

Syreon
post Jun 9 2009, 02:16 AM
Post #17

Dragon Tamer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 546

Skytracers

I'm also one of those people who like the anime as it is now for its dorky cheese and sap and predictability. A lot of the time the script is actually pretty hilarious in how ridiculous it is, so I'd hate to see that taken away and replaced by a constant serious mood, even if it was more 'mature'.

However, I'd really like it if we met some kind of in-between, and I'm thinking more about the movies. If movie-canon was introduced to the main series, and if we had more arcs that matched the tone of the movies, we'd be getting in some massive character development and really amazing episodes. Needs moar mass destruction.

Canon ships would be awesome, too. Ash has no time for a girlfriend and it'd all probably go over his head at this point, so that's pretty unlikely, but something more subtle like a cameo of May, and her telling them about how she and Drew were together now would be amazing and win (ignoring the fact that they're... 12 at most. >>; )

--------------------
Banners & Claims (click to show)

* CURRENT PARTY *

DRAGON TEAM

+Quote Post

FalconWolf
post Jun 9 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #18

Green Witch
Group Icon

From: Somewhere inside my own mind, a dangerous and scary place. Enter at your own risk.
Member No.: 19 681

Green Team!

As I said in another topic...

I think they should start a whole new Pokemon show, with a girl as the main character. Too many anime have boys/guys as the staring hero. Whole new cast, except those who cant be changed, like Nurse Joys, Gym Leaders n such, new story line, more mature. Complete fresh start.

They did it with Zoids, Digimon... so why not Pokemon? They can keep going with Ash's story and still start the new one.

--------------------
~~
Thank You for visiting my party.

DC Dragons (click to show)
Quizzes (click to show)

Dragon Adopters
+Quote Post

Trick
post Jun 9 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #19

Trick
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 898

The 1337

GIANT MAGIKARP SUBMARINE
I would be interested if the Anime was more realistic, not like it is now, but like it was before. Have some legendaries come up, and maybe shinies, that would be cool. Better storylines, such as the Gold/Crystal one, and each episode could be about a special event that happened in ciertan places, like the Bug Hunt or whatever.

This post has been edited by Trick: Jun 9 2009, 08:14 PM

--------------------

So. I set out to get a Shiny Cranidos. I got three Cranidos eggs from the shelter. After a day, they were ready to hatch. I hatched one. Shiny. On the first try.
+Quote Post

oumaghirga
post Jun 9 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #20

Psychologist in Training
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 467

The Bros

I would love them if they did that.
I guess they could throw in some dark humor, and [light] perverted jokes.
They could throw it on [adult swim] or something on Saturdays for a weekly airing.

That'd be awesome!

This post has been edited by Raitozaki: Jun 9 2009, 08:21 PM

--------------------
Currently a student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst studying in the field of psychology.
[ Pinterest || Steam || Instagram || StumbleUpon ]

"The world is a diagonal... I am the balancing point."

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:45 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.