Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Trick to speed up trinket offering
Tyranisaur
post Dec 11 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

We all know that it can take a long time to make trinket offers since the list of trinkets you can offer is so long and there's not many trinkets on that list that are good offers. So finding those offers can take a long time.

But here's the trick. If you press ctrl + f before opening the list, you can use that to search for a phrase in the list of trinkets you have to offer from. You can search for the name of a trinket, the name of a set, or maybe the best one: the number of people that don't have a trinket.

So what I like to do when making offers is to look at how many users have the trinket on the market. Like, let's say there's 4 that have this trinket on the market. I open the ctrl + f search, then open the list of trinkets I can offer. Then I start by typing "4/4 " in the search. Then it gets really easy to find out if I have duplicates of any trinkets that all the users don't have, or if I have any at all. Then I move on to 3/4, 2/4 and then 1/4. The list is sorted by the amount you have of each trinket, with all the sections where trinkets tie at that being internally sorted by how many of the users don't have the trinkets. Therefore if the first match for the term "4/4 " is a trinket that you have one of, that means that there are no trinkets you have duplicates of that all the 4 users don't have. As you move on from 4/4 to 3/4 it's very possible that trinkets earlier on the list match the result, so pay attention to the indicator on what math you are looking at, oh and use the up and down arrows on that thing to jump directly from one match to the next. Note that if you leave out the space in the "x/y " search, you can find trinkets where your quantity possibly match that. Actually, you could search for "1/1 users need this trinket", since this is the part we're looking for. But using only "1/1 u" works just as well. When moving on to offering on a new trinket I like to change the text in the search bar to find matches instead of clicking the next arrow, but I guess you could do several different things.

Also not that even though you find the trinkets that the most of the users don't have, you might not want to offer that because it's a different rarity/set or whatever. This is just a thing you can do to drastically limit the trinkets you have to look at to find the trinket that you might want to offer.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:09 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.