Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Meowstic and Shiny Furfrou, Errors
Dane Isaac Summe...
post Sep 1 2014, 09:35 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 20 054

Dream Party

I have a shiny Female Meowstic and when I went to check the dex data to see the accurate amount of eggs I hatched to get it since I hatched more before I started the hunt I found that the dex data for it isn't there.

Here is my Shiny Meowstic. I do not have the shiny Male. Only the Female.

Like I go to the dex data and see this

Image removed due to egg IDing; just remove the egg image and you can repost. - Wraenna

As for the reason I mentioned Shiny Furfrou as well is because it's PC box image is missing a few pixels and looks ridiculous in the PC because of it.

I also ran into an issue when I tried to grab a Meowstic from the Shelter that looked like the male I'm 100% sure it was the male, but when it appeared in my party it was a female. So the images are mixing up or something. I wouldn't have grabbed it if I thought it was female since I already had the female one.

This post has been edited by Wraenna: Sep 14 2014, 12:10 PM
Reason for edit: Accidental egg IDing

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 1 2014, 09:50 PM
Post #2

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Well, the first part of your post isn't a mistake. The Pokédex only shows images of one of the genders for any dimorphic Pokémon. It doesn't matter which one you have or haven't obtained. For instance, I've obtained both male and female Jellicent, but the Pokédex only shows the image for the male one.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Dane Isaac Summe...
post Sep 1 2014, 09:57 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 054

Dream Party

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Sep 1 2014, 10:50 PM) *
Well, the first part of your post isn't a mistake. The Pokédex only shows images of one of the genders for any dimorphic Pokémon. It doesn't matter which one you have or haven't obtained. For instance, I've obtained both male and female Jellicent, but the Pokédex only shows the image for the male one.

That's a shame, but thanks for letting me know. I've never checked any of the dex entries for dimorphic pokemon aside from this one. I had the shiny and it just seemed weird that the shiny entry in my dex is the male and not the female.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Aringon
post Sep 13 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #4

Aringon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 49 884

Active Squad

QUOTE(Ryou Misaki @ Sep 1 2014, 09:35 PM) *
I also ran into an issue when I tried to grab a Meowstic from the Shelter that looked like the male I'm 100% sure it was the male, but when it appeared in my party it was a female. So the images are mixing up or something. I wouldn't have grabbed it if I thought it was female since I already had the female one.

Same thing with the Pokédex only displaying Male variants of a Pokémon the Shelter only shows the image for the Male sprites. Hover over the Pokémon in question and check for the (MALE) or (FEMALE) tag in their name before you adopt as you can't rely on the images.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:48 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.