Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
62 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 61 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
March Community Thread, Please be sure to read the rules before posting!
Radian
post Mar 29 2016, 11:03 AM
Post #1161

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 236 445

Active Squad

So! Current poke-hunt is Ground. I've got a ground shard already so I am ok with this. Any suggestions for a good 'mon to use?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Mar 29 2016, 11:10 AM
Post #1162

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Radian @ Mar 29 2016, 09:33 PM) *
So! Current poke-hunt is Ground. I've got a ground shard already so I am ok with this. Any suggestions for a good 'mon to use?

Pupitar and Garchomp. Those two would be good enough for the hunt. happy.gif

Also, I defogged and fed the fat guy an Aspear berry. wink.gif Hopefully, that helped.

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Mar 29 2016, 11:15 AM
Post #1163

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 12:05 PM) *
If I change the time and date on my 3DS to before March 24, would it trick the game into thinking the Celebi event is still available to download?

I doubt it. All that would do, imo, is make it so that anything on your system that uses time-based things to be delayed. In my case, Shuffle/Badge Arcade {possibly}, Hoopa ring Legendary pokemon, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Mar 29 2016, 11:33 AM
Post #1164

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 05:05 PM) *
I wouldn't want it to be a paid download though because I have no way of paying. I can only do straight-up cash in person with a cashier when buying a game, which I why I can't use online services like Pokebank and Steam.

If I change the time and date on my 3DS to before March 24, would it trick the game into thinking the Celebi event is still available to download?

Nowadays there are cards for probably every online service. Facebook, PSN, XBox Live, Nintendo eShop, Steam. It involves no risk at all and you can buy things safely.

And, like RicFule, I doubt it.

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Mar 29 2016, 11:51 AM
Post #1165

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Platinum Team

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Mar 29 2016, 12:33 PM) *
QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 05:05 PM) *
I wouldn't want it to be a paid download though because I have no way of paying. I can only do straight-up cash in person with a cashier when buying a game, which I why I can't use online services like Pokebank and Steam.

Nowadays there are cards for probably every online service. Facebook, PSN, XBox Live, Nintendo eShop, Steam. It involves no risk at all and you can buy things safely.

And, like RicFule, I doubt it.

And also? Loadable Debit/Credit cards. I personally use a GreenDot card myself. You can load as much or as little as you want, as long as you load at least $20 US dollars. It won't let you load anything smaller that that, however. And then, you can use the card to make on-line purchases.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Mar 29 2016, 12:34 PM
Post #1166

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 05:17 PM) *
I wish they'd just make every Pokemon available through normal in-game means so these limited time distributions wouldn't even be necessary.

There ARE islands and other things to obtain several pokemon built in in several of the games.
it's just a shame to unlock that part you need stuff like the arceus flute and the lati ticket
I would like it if it were part of the story or so... or a post-game adventure (like what happens in SMD)
Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against distributions, even though I missed out on some in the past.
I simply mean that a quest with the pokemon would make me more eager to use them because they'd grow on me more instead of ending up in my boxes.
---------------------------
QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 06:05 PM) *
[If I change the time and date on my 3DS to before March 24, would it trick the game into thinking the Celebi event is still available to download?

No >__< Sadly not...
It isn't an ingame event. it doesn't happen automatically.

Like how Jen has to run the raffle winner script manually.
If she forgets or if she's really ill, then it has to wait until later.
Even when it's the correct day and time.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Mar 29 2016, 12:38 PM
Post #1167

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

So novelty hunts huh

I've been hunting Deibot for almost a year. It'll be exactly a year on my birthday in May, ugh.

I'm also soft resetting for Ho-Oh in HeartGold and this rainbow bird hates me

This post has been edited by The Majestic Mr L: Mar 29 2016, 12:38 PM

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Mar 29 2016, 12:56 PM
Post #1168

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 06:00 PM) *
The issue isn't safety, the issue is that I'm not allowed to use any kind of cards.

It's okay if you don't want to tell, but why? It's not like a pre-paid credit/debit card. You buy it in the store (like you would buy the game), it comes with a code, you type it on the online store (eShop in this case) and it's done.

Anyway, has anyone updated Shuffle today? I've caught almost everything except Sawsbuck and Angry Pikachu. The Safari is not too hard but I had to spend a Great Ball in almost every 'mon (despite high capture rates). -_-2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Mar 29 2016, 01:01 PM
Post #1169

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

I'm hunting Crystal Onix currently. I always hunt one novelty at a time so as to not make myself lose my mind. Luckily, they're often fairly short hunts. Right now, though, I just want to hatch a shiny Drifloon, and I don't think that's going to happen. sad.gif

Regarding distributions, I'm glad they're the way they are now. I don't want to deal with some quest; I like downloading the Pokémon immediately. These event Pokémon are just things to finish off my living dex, and I never obtained event things before Gen 4, so I'm more than glad to simply and finally get them. Paying for DLC sounds absolutely ridiculous to me since distributions (as far as I remember) were always free, not to mention the fact that it would prevent a huge number of people from obtaining these Pokémon. Not everyone has or can buy a credit card/reloadable card/etc. I also doubt it'd work to add them to an in-game thing since there are so many event legends being released, and it'd feel weird to have so many of them in one game. The only thing I wish they'd do is make them all downloadable as opposed to using the cards from Gamestop. I feel awkward going in there and getting those.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Mar 29 2016, 01:08 PM
Post #1170

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Platinum Team

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Mar 29 2016, 01:56 PM) *
Anyway, has anyone updated Shuffle today? I've caught almost everything except Sawsbuck and Angry Pikachu. The Safari is not too hard but I had to spend a Great Ball in almost every 'mon (despite high capture rates). -_-2.gif

Yeah. But I only have Cleffa and Deerling (Spring). I found Clefairy, beat it, and used like four balls {PokeBall & 3 Great} on it before it escaped as I had no more coins. I like the icons at the bottom of the Safari map page lighting up once you catch a pokemon. That lets you know how many more you need to catch, so you're not hunting the Safari for something you already have like I did in the LAST Safari. {Forretress.}

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Mar 29 2016, 01:15 PM
Post #1171

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Mar 29 2016, 08:01 PM) *
Paying for DLC sounds absolutely ridiculous to me since distributions (as far as I remember) were always free, not to mention the fact that it would prevent a huge number of people from obtaining these Pokémon. Not everyone has or can buy a credit card/reloadable card/etc.

Yeah same here.
I'm one of the people without credit cards (just in general they seem to have a bad reputation..)
I think they'd lose a lot of their audience if they made them all paid, especially now it's their anniversary.

Ok in the past there were amusement parks event and tickets to some of them were REALLY expensive...
But the events themselves weren't paid, just the entry tickets for the park.
There were several things to do, not just distributions.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Mar 29 2016, 01:18 PM
Post #1172

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Mar 29 2016, 07:01 PM) *
Regarding distributions, I'm glad they're the way they are now. I don't want to deal with some quest; I like downloading the Pokémon immediately. These event Pokémon are just things to finish off my living dex, and I never obtained event things before Gen 4, so I'm more than glad to simply and finally get them. Paying for DLC sounds absolutely ridiculous to me since distributions (as far as I remember) were always free, not to mention the fact that it would prevent a huge number of people from obtaining these Pokémon. Not everyone has or can buy a credit card/reloadable card/etc. I also doubt it'd work to add them to an in-game thing since there are so many event legends being released, and it'd feel weird to have so many of them in one game. The only thing I wish they'd do is make them all downloadable as opposed to using the cards from Gamestop. I feel awkward going in there and getting those.

It depends on what you're getting in the DLC. As I suggested, if it came with some story and challenging stuff, I would be all in for it. At this time, the majority of people already have their Dex completed (with the absurd amount of events that we had since Gen 4 + trading + cloning) and this events are only made for new people, meaning that people would only pay for it if they wanted. I'm sure that it would be cheap and that Nintendo would eventually release one pack with all of the legendaries (53 at the moment) for like 20€. Microtransactions and season passes are here to stay and sooner or later Nintendo will join the parade. I just hope it's something like this, which is very user-friendly, considering how things are being done and priced right now.

QUOTE(RicFule @ Mar 29 2016, 07:08 PM) *
Yeah. But I only have Cleffa and Deerling (Spring). I found Clefairy, beat it, and used like four balls {PokeBall & 3 Great} on it before it escaped as I had no more coins. I like the icons at the bottom of the Safari map page lighting up once you catch a pokemon. That lets you know how many more you need to catch, so you're not hunting the Safari for something you already have like I did in the LAST Safari. {Forretress.}

Oh yeah, I also like that. In the last two Safaris I've also wasted hearts thinking that I was missing some 'mon.

This post has been edited by SilverPT: Mar 29 2016, 01:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Mar 29 2016, 01:39 PM
Post #1173

Group Icon

My Loves

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Mar 29 2016, 01:18 PM) *
It depends on what you're getting in the DLC. As I suggested, if it came with some story and challenging stuff, I would be all in for it. At this time, the majority of people already have their Dex completed (with the absurd amount of events that we had since Gen 4 + trading + cloning) and this events are only made for new people, meaning that people would only pay for it if they wanted. I'm sure that it would be cheap and that Nintendo would eventually release one pack with all of the legendaries (53 at the moment) for like 20€. Microtransactions and season passes are here to stay and sooner or later Nintendo will join the parade. I just hope it's something like this, which is very user-friendly, considering how things are being done and priced right now.

Yeah, no. The whole idea of paying for something simply to dump into Bank is ludicrous to me, and I'd be infuriated if Nintendo decided to outright sell legendaries. (Also, talk about literally no effort to obtain any legendaries that way as long as you have money.) I hope they never, ever go the way of micro-transactions to that degree. If it's a giveaway, it should be a giveaway, plain and simple, as it's always been.

I'm sure some people would love a DLC-type thing with a story and challenging stuff, but a good number of us just want the legends that we've missed out on for the longest time now. I suppose if they ever did that, extras could still be dumped into the GTS. Hopefully. Unless they make the GTS a paid system for 10 cents a trade or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Mar 29 2016, 01:59 PM
Post #1174

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

I like it when things are optional.
When it comes to legendaries, like for dex completion and whatnot... well... that isn't really "optional" since it's a huge part of the game to fill up the dex.
It doesn't unlock THAT much but hey Pokemon is about catching 'em all and filling the dex :P

Extra content is nice but it shouldn't be a requirement to be able to play the game the way it was intended to.
And I would really have mixed feels if they would do such a thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Mar 29 2016, 02:03 PM
Post #1175

Group Icon

My Loves

Besides, you still have to go to the lady in the Pokémon Center. So it is sort of in-game in a way. wink.gif

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they had the OPTION to have some kind of DLC story thing, but that should just be a complement to any giveaways. Those who want giveaways can do that, and those who wanna bother with a quest can do that. The point is that as many people as possible should have access.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Mar 29 2016, 02:11 PM
Post #1176

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Hey all.

I finally found the Pokemon I needed and am able to progress through the exploration. Before going further, however, I'll need a bit 'o help. If you happen to notice this wild Wooper, we'd both appreciate a shout out of something bitter. Yeah. You'd think he'd want you to be nice to him, but this Wooper responds better to bitterness than friendliness. *blush*

In other news I haven't had a chance to review what we're talking about as of late, but I'm still working on hatching some SWSH eggs. I hope your shine hunt(s) are going well.

Ah. I see now. We're talking about downloadable content; the only thing I wish more about the free DLC Pokemon is that our DS' would have some notice saying "Yo! Hey! You're missing an opportunity for a free DLC Pokemon!" That way we'd always know for sure when (and what) is coming. I try to remember to check for gifts once a week to make sure I don't miss anything. LOL Lately, my DS has been "shouting" at me telling me I already got the gift and can't get it again. Now, if they were to make these Pokemon cost $... that would upset me. If they're going to be shiny Pokemon then I might see my way clear to being open and accepting. But non shiny Pokemon... even the legends... they should remain free.

And if we're talking about different DLC stuff... forgive me. I haven't thoroughly read everything and just jumped to the conclusion that we were talking about the Pokemon we sometimes get either by direct gifts or codes.

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Wayward Rosalind
post Mar 29 2016, 02:13 PM
Post #1177

An Empire for you.
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 729

Art guys

Whelp, I'm back. Last week was too damn busy for my liking. >.>

Anyways, I have the day off (Hopefully it'll stay that way) so a little relaxing before even more work stuff will come my way.

I have a bank card myself and that's my main way of handling money. Because my job does direct deposit only I kinda need something like that. Also because I would lose money all too easy. I'm too scattered for the responsibility of loose money. I'm not too big on Microtransaction stuff either. If it's a free to play game than I will be bound and determined to not spend anything on it.

I've been painting some of my leftover egg shells that I've had hollowed out on Easter since my only pan to boil eggs could only fit 7 (and I already ate one of the eggs oops) that also might have been why I haven't been here as often.

--------------------

An actual art nerd. @WaywardRosalind- Twitter.

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Mar 29 2016, 02:15 PM
Post #1178

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Mar 29 2016, 07:39 PM) *
QUOTE(SilverPT @ Mar 29 2016, 01:18 PM) *

Yeah, no. The whole idea of paying for something simply to dump into Bank is ludicrous to me, and I'd be infuriated if Nintendo decided to outright sell legendaries. (Also, talk about literally no effort to obtain any legendaries that way as long as you have money.) I hope they never, ever go the way of micro-transactions to that degree. If it's a giveaway, it should be a giveaway, plain and simple, as it's always been.

I'm sure some people would love a DLC-type thing with a story and challenging stuff, but a good number of us just want the legends that we've missed out on for the longest time now. I suppose if they ever did that, extras could still be dumped into the GTS. Hopefully. Unless they make the GTS a paid system for 10 cents a trade or something.

The point of giving it a story or something challenging before getting is to make them more valuable. As for now, legendaries are worth nothing basically. And from the way I see it, if someone's just going to dump it on the PokéBank/PC boxes, it has the same value if the person didn't got it in the first place.

This type of things only started to be free around Gen 4 when Arceus was distributed. Before that you either had to buy magazines, watch the movies or travel to a whole different country just to go to some expo to get a 'mon. I don't see what's so wrong in trying to get some extra cash (after all, Nintendo is a company (aka they want money) and if they weren't so old fashioned (the fact that the executives didn't knew ANYTHING about Sony's/Microsoft's network when they were about to release the Wii U shows how bad things were/are around there) they would have started doing this sooner, for better or worse) if things are done RIGHT. This is more about providing post game content and additional legendaries (that shouldn't even exist in x region in the first place), not outright sell legendaries.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Mar 29 2016, 02:22 PM
Post #1179

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

There should be no DLC Pokémon and you should not have to pay to get Pokémon, period. The current distributions of many event Pokémon (some only come with a movie ticket, some you have to go into a store to get and that's clearly so you'll buy stuff while you are in there) are plenty bad enough. Nobody should even think about this and I hope Nintendo / GameFreak never gets it into their heads that it's acceptable to sell Pokémon like this is some 'freemium' MMO.

That said, I see where Silver's coming from: actual content, something you have to do, to get the legendaries (even something like Mew in Gen 3) would be more interesting than simply receiving them. If you want to pay for extra content like that, well, that's up to you. I personally think that should be in the game anyway, and if paying for this 'mission' is the only way to get that Pokémon, well...

If event Pokémon are gonna be made, I don't particularly care how we get them, just so long as it's easy and free (at least in principle). The current distributions are the best event we've had in a long time, honestly.

e because I'm slow:
QUOTE(SilverPT @ Mar 29 2016, 08:15 PM) *
As for now, legendaries are worth nothing basically. And from the way I see it, if someone's just going to dump it on the PokéBank/PC boxes, it has the same value if the person didn't got it in the first place.

Exactly who are they worthless to? Even if you do just dump it on Pokébank in the PC, you've got the dex entry, that's something you couldn't get otherwise.

This post has been edited by Cycloneblaze: Mar 29 2016, 02:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Mar 29 2016, 02:23 PM
Post #1180

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Rosalind Lutece @ Mar 29 2016, 09:13 PM) *
I've been painting some of my leftover egg shells that I've had hollowed out on Easter since my only pan to boil eggs could only fit 7 (and I already ate one of the eggs oops) that also might have been why I haven't been here as often.

Ooh what type of patterns and things do you paint?
Pokemon? grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

62 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 61 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 11:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.