Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Climbing Mt. Carello, *puff pant*
Master Houndoom
post Jun 26 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #41

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

"Um, guys..."

Jaima watched as his oldest friend and one of his newest friends argued about who should capture the riolu. As much as he enjoyed seeing Meiko again, he felt she was being a bit pushy, but on the other hand, Darryn had a full team, with the addition of his cranidos, and the riolu would be sent to whatever storage system was here on the island.

Meiko's use of her pokémon, however, wasn't heavy handed, and she obviously was trying to disable the riolu before going for an all out attack. When the riolu blocked with his tail, Jaima actually smiled.

"I think he's trying to tell you something, Mei-chan."

Meiko looked over at him, her eyes narrowed in frustration. "He's willful, I'll give him that, but I can catch him!" She tossed the pokeball with a flick of her wrist, and the riolu flipped backwards, kicking it with his foot and, again, sending it right back to her hand.

Jaima chuckled, and Meiko growled at him, narrowing her eyes. Jaima raised his hands and went to stand next to Tuesday. "Obviously he has his eyes on someone else as a trainer," he muttered cryptically, but said nothing as he watched.

Soon pokeballs were littering the ground, some obviously imported from other regions, and some he recognized as Kurt specials. The riolu managed to dodge all of them and a vast majority of the noctowl's attacks, something that silently impressed Jaima.

He could understand the want to capture the riolu. They were good pokémon, as he could attest from having one on his team, and they were smart, too. Watching this little guy, who was a bit faster than Shadow, and definitely spent more time juking and diving than Shadow did, he began to miss his riolu all the more.

Finally it was hit and tumbled to the ground, kicking up a low cloud of dirt. Meiko tossed the pokéball with relish, but it fell short.

"Shimatta!" Meiko swore as the riolu dashed toward Tuesday. Jaima narrowed his eyes, ready to call Mercury out, but before he could twitch, the riolu had grinned and touched an empty pokéball on her belt. He was sucked into it, and all was still.

Darryn and Meiko gaped, and then Meiko stopmed. "That's not fair! I did all the work!"

Darryn huffed. "She really should give the pokéball to Meiko."

Something in Jaima's head seemed to break. "Are you KIDDING me?!" He hadn't realized how loud he'd spoken until the echo came back up the cave, but he was already on a rant. "You want to tell me that you're going to blame Tuesday for something she didn't even DO? The pokémon made a choice, to be captured by her, and not," he growled, pointing to Meiko, "by you!" He glared at Darryn, who was snickering. "And don't even start, Darryn, you've got a full team, wanting to catch that one is greedy!" He threw up his hands. "Except for Meiko, all of our kids need rest and aid, which we might not be able to give properly, and Shadow is in the hands of those bastards, AGAIN! So if you two want to squawk like a couple of old ladies about it, fine, but you'll have to get through ME to get that ball from her!"

Mercury floated up, tired and at Jaima's shoulder, arms crossed. Grondir and Ember stood side by side at Jaima's feet, Tsunami sitting behind them, tired but readying herself. Fang growled low, panting, sounding quite unlike his usual playful self.

Meiko glared at Jaima, then made a point of pulling out her pokéballs to recall the rest of her team. "Fine," she said, softly, obviously not happy. "I don't care." She turned on her heel and left the cave in a huff.

Darryn kicked the ground, and when it became more obvious that he wasn't going to attack either, Jaima offered Tuesday his hand and walked out with her. Though he didn't squeeze her hand, the rest of his body was tense with anger.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 26 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #42

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

"And here I am, just doing what any other trainer would do... sheesh!" Darryn muttered under his breath as he and Meiko led the way back to the light. It bothered Darryn that Jaima thought he had been greedy. And if Jaima still thought he had a full team... "And I'm the one sending my partners away to support my friend..."

"What was that?" Meiko trudged alongside him, frowning. "You gave away a Pokemon? Why would you do that?"

Darryn gulped. He really didn't want to talk about Mindy's departure again, but there was nothing else for it. Her sudden flight from Furoh made him feel sad every time he thought about the way she had soared away, leaving him alone in the middle of nowhere. Well, technically he hadn't been alone, but it sure had felt like it!

"Well, I don't know when or if I'll see her again, but I gave away my Butterfree not long ago. Y'see, one of my best friends got news that her Vespiquen was really sick and she had to go home to care for it. It didn't sound good - the local Nurse Joy thought it was going to die. That's why I gave Mindy my India. Not to replace Queen, exactly, but to try and fill the void that would be left behind if Queen died. I still haven't heard anything from them..."

"Daijoubu, daijoubu!" Meiko patted Darryn on the arm. "It'll be fine. You'll see. If you and your Butterfree have a close bond, I'm sure she'll come back one day."

"I guess," Darryn sighed, his eyes straining as they broke into the day light, "but I don't want to call for her return for Mindy's sake, y'know?"

Meiko nodded solemnly.

"Well, Jaima's a great guy - if he'd known, he probably wouldn't have shouted at you back there. I on the other hand..."

"You didn't really do anything wrong." Darryn assured her. "It seems like you follow the Trainer Code by the book - nothing wrong with that at all. True, you did the work, but as Jaima said - that Riolu made the choice. Sucks, but it's true..."

They walked on in quiet for a little while, the muted sound of Jaima and Tuesday talking coming from behind them. Darryn didn't realise when it had happened but it felt like even after their departure from Lenoilia, Jaima had taken yet another step ahead of him on his journey. If the lack of gym badges wasn't enough, Darryn was forced to be reminded that he was lacking in comrades. Jaima was his only friend in Furoh and yet he had to share that with another two people. Things were getting more difficult by the day, it seemed.

*I used to push my Pokemon away but now I'm doing it with people... What's wrong with me?*

"Kami-sama!" Meiko cursed under her breath. "Look, you. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. It won't make any of us do it, so just keep your head up and move on. We all have goals and reaching is so much easier if you drop the frown and pick up a smile, 'kay?"

Darryn stared at her. Who was this girl?!.... And why hadn't he met her sooner?!?!

"Y'know Meiko, for a trainer with an overweight Ariados with one leg longer than the rest, you're not too shabby."

"Why you!"

And so Darryn's next friendship began.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jun 26 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #43

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Tuesday's right hand was gripped in Jaima's as the walked out of the cave. She held the pokeball containing the riolu in her left hand, gazing at it. She was having trouble figuring out why the riolu had... caught itself with her pokeball. She had seen it move - it could have easily run away.

But why didn't it?

She looked up at Jaima's face, seeing his clenched jaw and noting the tense air about him. He was angry, and Meiko and Darryn were walking ahead of them, keeping their distance. Tuesday looked at the ground, her shoulders falling. "I'm sorry, Jaima," she muttered.

She heard movement and felt his eyes on her a moment before he spoke. "None of that was your fault, Tuesy," he assured her. "The riolu made a choice." She looked up to see him smiling gently. "I'm pretty sure he made the right one."

Tuesday couldn't help but smile back. "Thanks, Jaima."

Her mood vastly improved after that little admittance, and their sped up their pace to walk with Meiko and Darryn. The two had been bickering fitfully the entire time, and Tuesday sighed. They sounded like Anika and Brone.

Tuesday chewed her lip thoughtfully (a rather bad habit that she had trouble breaking), and looked up at Jaima. "Do you think they took Shadow right back to where they'd had him before?"

"I wouldn't see why not," Jaima admitted with a shrug, looking pained. Tuesday recognized that he was deeply worried about his pokemon, for which she couldn't blame him. She liked Shadow, and she was worried about him, too.

"Well, Wraith should be able to find that place again," she said quietly, still speaking so only Jaima could hear. Though, since she was planning a rescue mission, she had the gall to talk more than usual around strangers. Grabbing her third pokeball, feeling the life energy within it that was strangely warm and cool at the same time, she tossed it outward and watched it release the black-maned ponyta.

"Wraith," she said, stepping forward and rubbing the ponyta's cream-colored nose, "I need you to lead us back to where they were holding you. We need to rescue Shadow."

Wraith snorted and stomped his hoof, obviously angry at the people who had captured him and still held Jaima's comrade. Tuesday couldn't blame him a bit. Nostrils flaring, the ponyta scanned the surrounding area, before snorting loudly and making his way up the mountain. Tuesday walked beside him, one hand resting against his neck, and listened as the others followed behind.

She sure hoped that they could find Shadow soon. She had a new pokemon, and Wraith was wonderful, but she felt vulnerable without Tempest and Dante by her side. As soon as this was over, she was running as fast as she could to the nearest Pokemon Centre. She wanted her team back!

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 27 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"Tuesday, wait," Jaima reached out and sighed. "We need a break. Just a little one." He ran his hand through his sweaty, messy hair and tried to gather his wits. "Maybe we can split up our potions or something and see if we can't give our kids a little more edge."

He looked around, now unable to meet the eyes of Meiko and Darryn. It was always like this, even when he'd yell at his sisters, even when he was right.

Meiko's words had stung him, and even though she'd apologized, he still hurt over it. Tuesday was like his little sister, and it had seemes like they were attacking her, but maybe they were right. He hadn't kept up with trainer etiquette, but he did know a pokemon making a distinct choice when he saw one.

He sat on a rock and put his head in his hands.

Twice. Twice he'd let Shadow get caught now. He'd let Ember stay caught when Shadow had been hurt. Why did he keep making the wrong decisions?!

Jaima tried to breathe deeply, to calm his frazzled nerves, but the image of Shadow getting in the way of a net meant for Mercury kept flashing in his mind. Worse, though, was rembering that he'd grabbed the next net thrown, right out of the air.

If he'd been a few moments faster, just a few moments, they might be able to get out of here and run to Arasam, where the authorities could handle all this thievery and bad guy crap.

He felt someone walk to him, but didn't raise his eyes. He felt a hand on his shoulder, and Meiko knelt in front of him, her red hair spilling into his vision to identify her.

"Jai-kun?" She was speaking low. "Jai-kun, Tuesday's right. We need to go now, while they're still at less than full strength."

"We're not exactly full strength, either, Mei-chan." Jaima hated the sound of his voice. It almost sounded like he was giving up.

She moved her head so she could see his face, and he could see hers, giving her an appearance of a curious cat twisting to see something over it's head. She smiled up at him. "You're right, too. We can split up potions, and I want your opinion on something."

That caught his attention, and he looked up. Shew pointed to a rock nearby, and he looked. Growing at the base of the rock was a long, grass like stalk, and at the tip of four of them was a pod that looked a little like the botton of a bellossom; the edges splayed out at the bottom of the three pod closures.

"You're kidding me," Jaima said, in surprised wonder.

"I'm right, aren't I," meiko said, grinning.

"I think so... Revival herb?"

The two lab assistants stood up, and Jaima called Tuesday over. Wraith seemed to be on the edge of leaving with out them, but followed Tuesday, snorting.

"Ever read about this, Tuesy," Jaima asked, and before he finished, Tuesday had gasped. She looked between Jaima and Meiko, and Jaima looked to find Meiko looking up at him expectantly.

"Wait, who made me the professor here?"

Meiko grinned cheekily. "Seniority." Tuesday nodded, and Jaima smirked.

"Fine. Pick them all. Two go to Tuesday for Tempest and Dante, and we'll send one each to Professors Elm and Oak."

Tuesday smiled at that, and Meiko approved, or at least seemed to. "Let's heal 'em up and move 'em out!"

Fang watched. He sat protectively next to Mercury, who was still tender from the steel wing to the head, though the potion had done it's work. Shadow was gone. Now *he*, Fang, had to protect Mercury.

But he was small, and weak, and slow. He scowled.

I can be faster.

He began to shake.

I can be stronger.

A white light blocked his vision.

I'm not too small to beat that big, metal delibird!

When the light faded, Mercury was staring at him in shock, and Jaima knelt next to him. The ground was further down, and he felt strong.

His master smiled and ruffled his newer, thicker mane.

"Congratulations, Fang. You've evolved into a luxio!"

This post has been edited by Hungry Hungry Houndoom: Jun 28 2009, 05:24 AM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jun 27 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"Tempest! Dante!" Tuesday cried in delight. She hugged her pikachu tightly, as her charmander - er, Charmeleon, now - danced around her excitedly. Having the two back with her was one of the best things that could have happened and, noting what had brought that about, she turned to Meiko.

Still holding Tempest in her arms, unwilling to let go yet, Tuesday bowed. "Thank you, Meiko, for finding the herb. I've never seen it before outside of a text book."

Meiko looked surprised at this, and Jay grinned. "Tuesday is Professor Oak's field agent."

Tuesday blushed. "Well... sort of." Tempest twitched her tail and darted out of Tuesday's arms, to sit on her shoulder. "I'm sort of the obsessive wannabe-researcher."

Meiko smirked. "You know, I think that's the most you've said to me since we met."

Tuesday blushed bright red in embarrassment and looked down at the ground. "That's why they call me Silence," she muttered softly.

Meiko was smiling softly, so it appeared that there were no hard feelings about what had occurred. She clapped her hands together suddenly, calling everyone's attention. "All right," she said, "let's get going, now that we're all ready."

They headed off again, Tuesday walking beside Wraith, with only Dante ahead of them. She knew that the Revival Herb helped the pokemon regain consciousness after a particularly draining battle, but it didn't have enough potency to bring them back to full strength. Tempest rode on her shoulder, and Tuesday was glad that the pikachu, who still appeared as though she could use a good nap, wasn't trying to walk on her own.

Tuesday had thought about calling Dante back, but the mountains were his territory by nature. Besides, he always assumed that she thought he was weak if she kept him in his pokeball when it was unnecessary. She enjoyed his company, anyway.

Wraith snorted, shaking out his mane, and sped up the pace lightly, pulling away from Tuesday.

Not accustomed to climbing mountains, the young girl didn't have the energy to match the ponyta's speed, so she continued to hang back, Tempest working as her lookout.

Wraith and Dante had both just turned around a sharp bend, removing them from their sight, when an earsplitting whinny rent the air. Tempest let out a loud, agitated "Pika-CHU!" and Tuesday jumped into a run on the level path. She ignored Jaima's cries at her that they should stick together and she shouldn't run off, and she turned around the corner, skidding on dirt and loose rock.

Dante was crouched low to the ground, his fangs bared and claws prepared to attack. Wraith lay on the ground behind him, knocked unconscious, his flaming tail and mane dimmed. Tuesday quickly called Wraith back into his pokeball and turned to see their opponent, as Tempest released a low growl from her throat.

There were three men and a woman standing before them, each of them wearing a disgustingly-potent smirk. Tuesday saw that they each also held a pokeball in their hand, obviously preparing for a battle, but her attention was no riveted on them. Her eyes were glued to the creature standing between them.

It was Jaima's riolu; of that there was no doubt. The stance was the same, the form of the jackal's muscles were exact. He held the same air of disciplined power.

But there was nothing within his eyes that was Shadow, and the unfamiliarity of that presence scared Tuesday more than she thought the Feraligatr had ever managed. She knew this was Shadow, but what had they done to him?"Tempest! Dante!" Tuesday cried in delight. She hugged her pikachu tightly, as her charmander - er, Charmeleon, now - danced around her excitedly. Having the two back with her was one of the best things that could have happened and, noting what had brought that about, she turned to Meiko.

Still holding Tempest in her arms, unwilling to let go yet, Tuesday bowed. "Thank you, Meiko, for finding the herb. I've never seen it before outside of a text book."

Meiko looked surprised at this, and Jay grinned. "Tuesday is Professor Oak's field agent."

Tuesday blushed. "Well... sort of." Tempest twitched her tail and darted out of Tuesday's arms, to sit on her shoulder. "I'm sort of the obsessive wannabe-researcher."

Meiko smirked. "You know, I think that's the most you've said to me since we met."

Tuesday blushed bright red in embarrassment and looked down at the ground. "That's why they call me Silence," she muttered softly.

Meiko was smiling softly, so it appeared that there were no hard feelings about what had occurred. She clapped her hands together suddenly, calling everyone's attention. "All right," she said, "let's get going, now that we're all ready."

They headed off again, Tuesday walking beside Wraith, with only Dante ahead of them. She knew that the Revival Herb helped the pokemon regain consciousness after a particularly draining battle, but it didn't have enough potency to bring them back to full strength. Tempest rode on her shoulder, and Tuesday was glad that the pikachu, who still appeared as though she could use a good nap, wasn't trying to walk on her own.

Tuesday had thought about calling Dante back, but the mountains were his territory by nature. Besides, he always assumed that she thought he was weak if she kept him in his pokeball when it was unnecessary. She enjoyed his company, anyway.

Wraith snorted, shaking out his mane, and sped up the pace lightly, pulling away from Tuesday.

Not accustomed to climbing mountains, the young girl didn't have the energy to match the ponyta's speed, so she continued to hang back, Tempest working as her lookout.

Wraith and Dante had both just turned around a sharp bend, removing them from their sight, when an earsplitting whinny rent the air. Tempest let out a loud, agitated "Pika-CHU!" and Tuesday jumped into a run on the level path. She ignored Jaima's cries at her that they should stick together and she shouldn't run off, and she turned around the corner, skidding on dirt and loose rock.

Dante was crouched low to the ground, his fangs bared and claws prepared to attack. Wraith lay on the ground behind him, knocked unconscious, his flaming tail and mane dimmed. Tuesday quickly called Wraith back into his pokeball and turned to see their opponent, as Tempest released a low growl from her throat.

There were three men and a woman standing before them, each of them wearing a disgustingly-potent smirk. Tuesday saw that they each also held a pokeball in their hand, obviously preparing for a battle, but her attention was not riveted on them. Her eyes were glued to the creature standing between them.

Standing between them was the riolu that Tuesday recognized as Jaima's pokemon. He had the same stance, the same muscle structure, and the same aura of discipline, growing into power.

But there was nothing within his eyes that was Shadow, and the unfamiliarity of that made Tuesday want to cringe.

Oh, Shadow... what have they done to you?

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 28 2009, 04:15 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

It relieved Darryn to have his Pokemon healed so extensively before they met with Team Deception again, especially for November. Out of all his Pokemon at the time, she was the most inexperienced and so had taken a brutal beating in the last battle. It was only thanks to the revival herb that she was able to move again and Darryn felt that the upcoming confrontation would need all the strength they had to muster.

"Well, well, if it isn't the brats." The leader of Team Deception sneered, folding his arms over his broad chest. "Come to take back the little puppy have we?"

Darryn held back from the front this time - Jaima was practically bristling with angry intent and there was no way a glamour-trainer was going to get in the way of that one-man-army.
Shadow stared back at the troupe, in his natural fighting pose, but something was terribly wrong.

"Does anyone see that?" Darryn muttered, frowning and squinting at Shadow like something was in his eyes.

"Jaima's Pokemon looks about ready to do a number on us?" Meiko offered, raising an eyebrow. "It's kinda hard to miss."

"No, no. The stuff around him... Shadow is covered by a... well, shadow." Darryn frowned. It wasn't right. The sun was high in the sky, casting only tiny pools of dark under each person or Pokemon's feet. Shadow, however, was covered in a thick cloud of murk that made his form a little hard to distinguish as the dynamic mist swirled around him.

"Er, Daz? Get your eyes tested..." Meiko muttered.

<The flower girl. This is her gift to you.> Lady sent to Darryn, stepping to the head of the group. <That Pokemon is not the same as before.>

<I see it, too!> Mercury floated next to Lady and turned back to her trainer with worry in her eyes. <Trainer Jaima! Something is wrong here - something is surrounding Shadow like a black smoke. I've never seen it before.>

Jaima's grimace became more intense.

"As you might have guessed already, your little Riolu has joined us now." The Boss laughed - a cruel chuckle that made Darryn shudder. "Thanks to the last development from the Orre region, we have closed the door to that little mongrel's heart and taken him for our own. It will make him follow the command of a new trainer and release hidden powers from within his body that wouldn't have escaped otherwise."

"That's sick!" Meiko gasped, standing up next to Jaima.

"Sick but worth it." The Boss sneered, nodding to his team who began to fan out and circle the four trainers where they stood. "That's why I've made the necessary arrangements to get rid of the lot of you for good this time."

Darryn tensed. They were surrounded by Team Deception and Each of them carried a blackened Pokeball that gave off the same dark aura that Shadow was holding.

"Prepare to die!"

Team Deception cackled as they set loose their Pokemon, forms materialising into the same four that had been so much more powerful than them back at the cave. As each one appeared, Darryn could see the black fog that had descended upon them and inwardly cried for them.

*Their hearts have been stolen... they're stronger now...*

"Don't just stand there, guys - let's take 'em." Meiko urged, grabbing her Pokeballs.

"Whoah whoah!" Darryn grabbed her arm. "We'll be slaughtered unless we use a proper strategy - don't just go running in!"

Jaima continued to grit his teeth in silence, his eyes fixed on Shadow with great intent. No doubt he and Mercury were mentaly talking again - it figured. Darryn gulped. With Jaima pretty much focused on one thing that left a lot up to him. He would have to organise everyone - something that he had normally let Jaima and Mindy do back when they travelled together.

"We'll swap Pokemon and spread our attention using the best advantages we have available - it's the only way to really have a chance of winning." Darryn said, judging the new strengths of the Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr and Skarmory that were drawing near.

"Sh- sh - shouldn't we call for help?" Little Tuesday piped up from beside Jaima, her face was worried and flustered.

"Good plan!" Darryn snapped his fingers. "Excellent thinking... Meiko?"

The female trainer nodded. "He'll need backup just in case."

"Already on it." Darryn grinned, grabbing his Premier Ball. "Can you right us a help message, Tuesday?" The smaller girl nodded fervently and scribbled on a piece of paper, hastily retrieved from her backpack.

"Bloodwing!"
"Bravo!"

The two flying types burst into the air, the Noctowl snagging the paper from Meiko. As she sent them on their way to Arasam to seek help, Darryn began to separate his Pokeballs. Each one would have to be passed to the person who was closest to the appropriate opponent. Romeo to Tuesday... Zulu to Meiko...

"Guys... leave Shadow to me..." Jaima sounded so intense, the air crackled with his words. He passed his bandolier to Darryn. "I'll leave the rest to you..."

"Right!" Darryn swung the bandolier over his head and looked down at the speciality Pokeballs. Tsunami to Meiko... Fang to Tuesday... Even as he passed the Pokeballs around, others got handed to him in return. Tuesday looked a little uneasy about giving Darryn one of her Pokeballs, but he reassured her with a smile. "Don't worry - everything will be fine..."

The potential lie tasted bad in Darryn's mouth but there was no time to talk - the opponents were really closing in. Ember waddled over to Darryn's feet and her flames ignited sharply.

*She's not wasting time... unlike her...*

"Alright everyone! Let's do it!" Darryn cried, hurling Pokeballs like grenades. "Let's teach these goons a lesson in empathy!"

*Wait... did I just use that line from the Celadon Gym!?*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 28 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

A lesson in empathy...

Darryn's words echoed in his mind, but rather than inspirational, they seemed more like a power source, like the revving of a poweful motor that chugged inside him. They had taken his pokemon and subjected him to treatement that was 100% against how he'd always treated his team.

His kids.

He looked at Shadow. Though there was no physical difference in his form, his eyes were blank, cold. Lifeless.

It broke Jaima's heart and filled him with rage at the same time.

"Once I deal with this," Jaima said, snarling, "I'm coming after you." His eyes flicked to Deception's Boss. He didn't take in the sneer in his lip, or his massive, rocklike body. Instead, all he saw was that this man had taken Shadow's bravery, loyalty, and kindness and twisted them.

And for that, he had to pay.

Ember was terrified. She would,kt deny it, even if she could. She had never seen creatures so massive and been expected to do anything with them except cower. Now, before her, stood a huge meganium. She was flanked by others, but still, she had to do her part, and what if she couldn't?

Jaima believed in her. After all, she'd insisted on staying! He believed in her, and she wouldn't let him down.

If only she were stronger. Braver.

If only she were tough, like Shadow, like Fang. Even like Grondir. Ember couldn't be that tough.

Could she?

She wantes to. She wanted to show Jaima he could count on her, she wanted it so badly, it was like extra hot fire in her core.

She began to glow.

Already she was in a pitched battle again. Already she was being asked to go up against a terrifying foe.

Tsunami, who had once been called Muddy, didn't see this entirely as a hardship. The one who abandoned her wouldn't let her fight. The one who took her asked her to, and trusted her.

He had named her after a powerful force. She had heard him explain to the dark haired flowery smelling girl who wasn't around anymore that Tsunami meant a huge powerful wave.

She'd live up to that.

And as she faced against the giant cyndaquil, she took the one advantage ex-Muddy's trainer had given her. As the order came to attack, she lobbed a giant purple ball at it that hit it in the head.

Grondir took a moment to look at his companions. Ember's glow had first attracted his attention, and he nodded approvingly. She had waited the longest for this. She would have waited forever, if it would make Jaima happy, but it was enough to see Mercury and Fang evolve. Ember loved her team and her human, and would do what it took, despite her fear.

Even Tsunami, the new one, was striking out, though she had always had the edge of distaste whenever it came to using the poison that was part of her now.

He wasn't insulted. He'd lived as a poison pokemon for a long time, and he had never hurt anyone unless it was needed. She would learn the same.

As for his evolution, it would come in time.

Mercury floated, behind and to the left of Jaima. He so hurt, so angry, had been through so much. That wretched dream! Ember's theft, and now this!

She wanted to protect him, but she wasn't strong enough, not yet.

But she knew other ways. She doubted she could hurt Shadow, not intentionally. But that wasn't the plan.

She mentally bombarded him with memories, feelings, good times, times where Jaima, and she, and the rest of the team showed him love.

They kept bouncing off the shadow, but she didn't stop. They claimed to have closed Shadow's heart's door. But Shadow was still in there, she knew it!

The best way to open a closed door was to keep knocking until the one inside responded.

Jaima didn't see Shadow move, but move he did, and Jaima tumbled to the ground. Shadow kept coming, and though he blocked and dodged and rolled as much as he could, using everything he'd ever learned, from his senseis and from Shadow himself, he didn't strike back.

That wasn't the point, to win. The point was to lose the fight so that he could win Shadow back.

A lesson in Empathy, and one he didn't expect the boss to understand.

This post has been edited by Hungry Hungry Houndoom: Jun 29 2009, 03:06 AM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 29 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

"November, Dante - GO!" Darryn urged the fire types into action, their target the Shadow Meganium.

*I hope this is enough...* Darryn fought with his reluctancy to let Ember battle - Jaima often just let her rest by the sidelines - and his blunder cost him dearly. Without a third party to divide the dino-plant's attention, the Ponyta and Charmeleon were open to split attacks... Just like the Meganium's Vine Whip.

November and Dante worked in harmony, charging at their foe before splitting and circling the beast to attack from the flanks. The Meganium watched them without emotion, waiting for their first move. November leapt in first, her head lowered as she charged towards it with a ferocious scream. Dante mimicked her on the other sides, bearing razor-sharp claws as he dashed in. Suddenly, vines sprouted from the Meganium's neck to snake through the air and grab each attacker by the throat.

Darryn gulped. Things weren't going to plan and the battle had only just begun. That was when he saw it - an incandescent glow that emanated from his feet. He looked down to see Ember's tiny body shining brilliantly even as she grew and elongated into a weasel-like shape. The glow that surrounded her dimmed and darkened as her black fur emerged from the light and flames burst from two points on her back.

"QUILAVA!"

"Omigod! Ember! Jaima!" Darryn chaned a look to the Cyndaquil's... Quilava's trainer to find him defending attacks from his once-loyal Riolu.

*I can't interrupt Jaima... not now... I'll just have to wing it!*

"Ember! GO!" Darryn ordered, already clicking her Pokeball into his Pokedex and slamming the INFO key. [Quick Attack. Ember. Smokescreen. Leer.]
"Pretty decent set of moves... Go with Ember attack and then follow up with Smokescreen!"

In her new form, more agile than before, Ember rushed in towards her opponent and spat flames upon its neck. Without screaming but obviously in pain, the Meganium was forced to release November and Dante. Amid the blunder, Ember continued running right under the massive creatures body and spewed out a deep dark cloud of smoke to temporarily blind the target.

"Excellent!" Darryn snapped his fingers with conviction. "Now Ember, get out of there! November use Flame Wheel! Dante - pull back and use Dragon Dance!"

With the fire types under way and the girls calling orders around him, Darryn switched his attention to Lady and the others battling the Feraligatr.

"BulbAAA!" Grondir's Vine Whip lashed the giant water-types face harshly even as Springheel scuttled under the beast's chest and shot Poison Sting into its belly. A dashing red blu indicated Lady's path up the reptilian's back where she pranced upwards from its forehead, spinning in the air and firing down a verdant green globe into the thing's eyes.

"Whoah!" Darryn snapped Lady's Heal Ball into place under his Pokedex. Ember. Extransensory. Agility. Energy Ball.]
"Since when could you use Energy Ball?!" Darryn laughed as the three Pokemon broke away and rearranged themselves for another attack. Too slow. The Feraligatr's size allowed it to move slower but still reach its targets before they managed to get out of range. The Ariados was promptly stomped under foot while Lady was shot from the air by a Water Gun. Great, crushing claws yanked on Gronidr's vine before he could retract it and began to draw him in, a lolling tongue running over needle-teeth hungrily.

"Grondir do something!" Darryn called, not knowing how best to move with the Bulbasaur.

*How did Mindy manage it?! Back at the Gigarte Gym... That's it!*

"Grondir, Nature Power!" Darryn fidgeted nervously. Six Pokemon?! How do you manage six at once?!

"Springheel, String Shot!"
"Lady, Extrasensory!"

He whirled about.

"Dante use Scatch!"
"Ember, attack with Quick Attack!"
"November, Hypnosis!"

*This has got to end soon!*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jun 29 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

How can a metal bird even fly? I know Professor Oak explained it to me once, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. How can its wings give at all? What kind of element is steel, anyway?

If most people knew the thoughts that wandered through Tuesday's mind, they would have been outraged to know that she was musing such trivialities while in the midst of a pokemon battle. But most people didn't know Tuesday, or the way they worked. Brone would have simply grinned and told them to watch. No, Tuesday was no strategist - she lost to Brone every time they played any sort of strategical game, especially Chess. She was not a full-out fighter, as she preferred intellectual adventures over pure battles.

But Tuesday was not stupid, and she was a master at multitasking.

"Romeo, use double team and let's play ring around the rosie with this turkey!"

"Jolt!" Romeo replied in a sharp bark. "Eeeeeon!" His form split and two jolteons appeared side by side. They both dashed forward at swift speeds, one to the right of the Skarmory and the other to the left, and they ran circles opposing each other around the metal bird, screaming "Jolt! Jolt! Jolt! Jolt!"

"Fang, let's try leer! Tempest, quick attack!"

The Skarmory's attention had been focused upon Romeo, as was Tuesday's plan. She hadn't counted on, however, the creature's speed. When Fang's leer attack called the Skarmory's attention to him, he was prepared for an attack, and swung his wings out to clip Tempest in the side.

The pikachu let out a yelp as the sharp blades cut through her fur, and a thin line of blood appearing on her golden fur. She landed with a tumble, but quickly righted herself and darted out of the way of a fury attack.

"Pest, you okay?"

"Chu," Tempest muttered, obviously not happy with the circumstances. She always hated it when someone got the best of her.

"Okay, Fang, use charge. Tempest, use your agility and go in for a close thundershock. But watch it!"

"Pika!" Tempest dashed forward, darting from side to side like an escaping gazelle, as Fang held back and used charge, gathering electricity together to strengthen his next attack.

Romeo had graduated from merely running circles around the Skarmory, to dashing back and forth in front of him, releasing little bursts of electricity every few seconds. The Skarmory, for his part, was really starting to get pissed off.

I can't imagine a physical attack would do much damage, Tuesday mused, concentrating on Romeo's dancing maneuvers, even with his spikes. Against that steel skin... we'll have to stick with speed and elemental attacks. Jolteon... Jolteon... he would have learned quick attack as an eevee, and he knows double team. She bit her lip, trying to remember the attacks a Jolteon had, but it had never been a pokemon that she had paid much attention to. She was regretting that now. "Romeo, can you use an electric attack?"

Apparently, he could, and he let out a barking cry of "Jolt! Jolt! Jolt!" before skidding to a stop and kicking up a storm of dirt. There was a brilliant flash of golden light, and a blast of electricity erupted forth and struck the Skarmory in the chest, causing the bird to stagger backward.

Tuesday blinked. "Is that... Romeo, you know charge beam?"

"Jolt!"

"All right, then! Fang, use spark!"

With a cry, the luxio bounded forward and struck the skarmory right in the chest, where Romeo had hit him, sending the metallic bird staggering back with a cry as electricity rushed through his body.

"Yes!" Tuesday yelled, excited. She wasn't feeling as vulnerable to the Skarmory as she had that day so many years ago. It was nice to feel empowered. "Nice shot, Fang! Now, Tempest, quick attack! Fang, go on in for a bite attack! Romeo, double team again! Keep him occupied!"

The three pokemon obeyed, but the Skarmory seemed more susceptible to distance attacks than those of close range. Once again, he moved swiftly, attacking with a fury attack that Tempest wasn't able to dodge this time. She released a cry as she was thrown backward, into Fang, and the two tumbled end over end, before landing in a sparking heap.

The Skarmory hissed a loud, grating cry, before swiping at the dirt and sending out a sand attack that slashed into Romeo's eyes. The jolteon leapt backward with a yelp, shaking his head to try and regain his vision, as the Skarmory moved in for an attack.

"Romeo, protect!" Tuesday called, with less confidence than she normally used. She wasn't familiar with the attack, and she felt a bit bad that Romeo was forced to fight for her when she wasn't even certain of his moves. I think I should talk to Professor Oak about getting a pokedex, she mused. She had always been one for books over electronics. They always seemed more reliable to her, and you tended to read the information and learn it, rather than relying upon a piece of technology. But... maybe it would be better.

As it turned out, Romeo's protect worked to defend against the Skarmory's attack, giving the jolteon enough time to dodge out of the way of another fury swipe. Tempest and Fang were crawling to their feet, electricity sparking around them angrily, as the fourth pokeball on Tuesday's belt began to shake.

Tuesday looked down with surprise, just as the pokeball burst open and the recently-caught riolu appeared, gave one look at the skarmory, and grinned, before dashing forward.

Oh, now what? Tuesday wondered.

This post has been edited by Umbrae Calamitas: Jun 29 2009, 05:02 PM

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 29 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Meiko had trained for years to be able to battle with her pokémon. Never once had she felt so completely out of her depth. Of course she knew Chompwater's every ability; he had been her main partner for six years. But she had no understanding what Tsunami could do, and the cranidos...

She couldn't help thinking that it *could* have been hers.

"O-ok," she said, her eye on the typhplosion she had been tasked to defeat. It was huge, and though she couldn't see the smokey aura that Darryn seemed to think was around it, she could see it's eyes, and they were blank, lifeless.

She imagined Chompwater with that look in his eyes, and it made her want to cry.

Just as she pointed, as Tuesday (and her estimation of the little girl went up considerably when she saw the three electric types with her explode into almost synchronized technique) gave her first command, as Darryn took on his two (and despite the fact that he was a bit of a priss, Meiko was impressed that he could handle six pokémon on two different targets), Tsunami coughed and spat a purple glob at the Typhplosion.

At first, she lamented the fact that Jaima's pokémon seemed to be sick, but something about the attack jogged a memory. She blinked, then pulled her pokédex, and scanned the mudkip.

Mudkip: The Mudfish pokémon. Tackle. Growl. Mudslap. Water Gun. Bide. Toxic.

Meiko smiled. "Good girl, Tsunami! Chompwater, rush it! Hit it with water gun! Um... I don't know your name, I'm sorry, Cranidos, but I need you to hit it with... with..."

She scanned it with the pokedex, blinking at the moves it was capable of. "Headbutt!"

The Cranidos made no move, only blinked at her in a miltanklike fashion.

"Oh, geez. Headbutt! Go! Hit it!"

Nothing. The Cranidos made no move.

The Typhlosion was not happy with the two water types harangueing it. It made no emotional reaction, but opened it's mouth and loosed a mouthful of flames, which both Tsunami and Chompwater managed to dodge. It hit the cranidos right on the dome of it's head.

The cranidos' eyes widened, then it turned, slowly, one eye twitching. "Cran... i... DOS?!" screaming it's war cry, it charged at the typhplosion, hitting it dead center with a headbutt attack.

"OK... if that works..."

"Shadow, I know you're in there!" Jaima shifted his weight, taking a strike meant for his chest glancing across his back. It seared, like a heat brand, but Jaima didn't allow the pain to stop him. Instead, he reached up, grabbing the riolu's wrist, and flung him away.

"Remember that, Shadow? You taught me how to do that! You taught me most of this! Come on, buddy!"

"You're wasting your breath," growled the Boss of Team Deception, laughingly. "He doesn't care. He doesn't have any emotions left-" He cut off, his eyes snapping over Jaima's shoulder.

"Well, shit. Nice. bait and switch. 'Ey, mongrel," the Boss called. "That little ballerina's trying to take you out."

Shadow looked, then snarled. He leapt, not at Jaima, but over him, his body now flowing with a visible smokey aura. As he closed the distance between himself and Mercury, she didn't stop her mental barrage of emotions and memories.

She had been concentrating so hard that a single line of blood dripped from the corner of her eye, like a tear.

Shadow lashed out, slamming into her with the aura surrounding him, and Mercury screamed. It wasn't her species cry, it was a scream. Nearly human. She hit the ground and rolled, shaking and grabbing around her body. Jaima, for an instant, saw red.

Shadow, for an instant, felt something.

And that opening was all Mercury needed.

She rose on her arms, staring intently at Shadow, her mind giving him every bit of what she had been sending him he could handle, enough to flood through the crack in the door to his heart.

His hatching, and seeing his new Sensei.

Fighting Rosie and learning from her.

Standing next to Mercury and fighting dangerous, evolved pokemon.

Trying to help battle the pokemon who had belonged to the man stealing ember.

His love for Jay,

His love for Mercury.

He knelt, grabbing his head, trembling. "Rii.... Riiii... RIIIIII!"

Jaima stopped, eyes wide, and reached for him, but was too far away to touch him.

"RiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIII," a light began to glow around him, "OooooOOOOOOOO," he raised his head to the heavens, howling, "LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...."

The light enveloped him, blindingly, painfully so, and when it faded, instead of a riolue, there was a taller version, with a yellow fur around it's chest and waist, long bulbous growths at the back of it's head, and metal spikes portruding from it's wrists and chest. His eyes were clear, and bright, and Shadow's. They were also angry eyes, and they glared at the boss.

"-Cario."

Jaima was stunned for a split second. "I think my riolu just went super saiya-jin..."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 1 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

"Ember! Now!" Darryn commanded, watching with impressed satisfaction as Jaima's Quilava darted in and out of the Meganiums feet before shooting out at the side and spitting embers all up its side. With that attack, Darryn saw the first sign of lasting damage - the grass-type's legs buckled ever so slightly.

"All together!" He urged the fire trio as they continued their assault. November nimbly dodged a flying Razor Leaf attack and while the attention was on her, Dante rushed in from behind the monster and leapt up to its back. 4-inch claws dug deep into the back of the Meganium's neck.

Another first came at that point in the battle. The Meganium screamed. Not with anger or the fury of frustration - it was a cry of pain. The aura around the beast's head faded ever so slightly during that moment but flared back to dark life in an instant.

*They are still in there, aren't they?* Darryn chewed his lip. Ganging up hardly seemed fair but in this case it was necessary. *If they are still able to hold onto something from before, do we have the right to attack them so cruelly like this? Isn't there another way to stop this without them getting hurt?*

"MeeeGANIUM!" It roared, lashing with snakey vines that flung Ember out from under its feet and knocked Dante clear from its back. It roared with the satisfaction of freedom but was too quick to celebrate: Dante was already rushing back in and Ember was coming in from the other side. Their paces weren't as confident as before since they were growing more tired as the battle went on, but Darryn knew how to finish it quickly now.

"Dante! Ember! Twin Smokescreen!" He called out to them, hoping that Shadow Pokemon didn't have some special ability that he didn't know about. A great grey bank of smoke flooded around the Meganium, blinding it as November walked slowly towards it.

*Timing is the key...*

From the Meganium's perspective, night blanked out the sun - a false night that stank of sulphur and ashes. With a mighty flurry of Razor Leaves, the grass type blew away the smoke in one swift movement only to reveal an elegant, cream face looking up into his eyes.

"Hypnosis!"

The deep chocolate eyes of the delicate Ponyta flashed red then blue and in an instant night returned. A night that allowed him to fall into the deepest slumber.

With the Meganium down, Darryn turned his attentions back on the ferocious Feraligatr.

"Gronidr! No!" Darryn gasped as the Bulbasaur went flying in the wrong direction - courtesy of the Feraligatr's powerful tail. Meiko's Ariados, Springheel, reacted quickly and fired out a sticky net of Spider Web between a gnarled shrub and a rock, catching Grondir neatly with its springy tension. With a relieved cry of "Bulba!", Jaima's Pokemon plopped to the ground and rushed back at the creature. Lady was already on the move.

"Vuuuul!" She cried, an Energy Ball flying out of her mouth even as her legs flashed into an Agility blur. The Feraligatr snarled angrily and rushed towards Lady, saliva dripping wetly from its mouth. The Energy Ball collided with its chest but the abomination continued its assault. Lady, however, was no longer ahead of it.

"Well done, everyone!" Tuesday was congratulating the electric team as the battle with the Shadow Skarmory ended. She didn't see the towering reptilian approaching her... SHe didn't see the long needle-like teeth. Her newly caught Riolu was at her side, also facing the wrong direction.... The Feraligatr got closer... and closer...

"NO!" Darryn's arms threw themselves around the small girls body and in a second, he was leaping clear of the snarling, slashing beast. His mirror image, Lady flew alongside him - the Riolu being dragged in her mouth by the nape of his neck.

The Feraligatr continued its assault, massive claws swinging for Darryn even as he danced out of its way with Tuesday still in his grip. It was only thanks to Darryn's dance classes that he had the sort of agility and grace that allowed him to turn and sidestep each attack as it bore down upon them. Tuesday was a dead weight in his arms as he skipped and jumped out of the thing's reach.

"LADY! GRONDIR!" He managed to shout, but the Vulpix was already ready and Grondir wasn't far behind.

Extrasensory slammed into the water Pokemon, rendering it motionless for a brief moment as Grondir flew through the air, his Vine Whip gripping the Feraligatr's neck and pulling himself in close.

"Sleep Powder!" He called, watching with enormous relief as the thick blue cloud of spores erupted from the Bulbasaur's back right into the Feraligatr's face. The great lizard sniffed and twitched once before lettting out an enormous sigh and falling to the ground in an unconscious heap.

Darryn almost collapsed with relief. His part was done. He hadn't caved in or watched from the sidelines. It was over.

*Then why are you still holding the kid?*

"Wha!" Darryn let go of Tuesday, almost dropping her completely. "Oh, you OK Tuesday? Sorry for grabbing you so suddenly... Yeah, erm... Let's help Jaima or something, 'kay?" He managed to get out, embarrassed that he had grabbed someone he barely knew so suddenly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 1 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

It had been like having his eyes wrapped in gauze.It had been like being inside of a suit of armor, and knowing it was moving, but not being able to effect it at all. It had been like being locked in a tiny little closet and someone who looked like you doing terrible things to your loved ones.

Sensei had performed admirably. He was still slow, still allowed in hits where he shouldn't have been in the path of the strike to begin with, but he was getting better, and, after all, he wasn't a riolu.

Mercury was doing something. He could feel her warmth, her beauty, on the other side of the door, bombarding it, emersing it, but he was at a loss for what she was doing. Sensei was saying words, but he couldn't make them out. His head was wrapped in guaze.

And then he saw, not sensei, but Mercury before him, and felt his fist lash out, and he wanted to kick the door down, and he felt it crack.

Everything poured into him, and it flooded him, and the barrier broke and filled his body, and, upon finding no room, made some.

He was taller now, and he could see things he'd barely noticed or perceived before. A light around his friends. Mercry's was blue, and Sensei's was golden. The new girl was bronze. The boy was burgandy. And flickering, shining like a beacon, like a flame that wouldn't engulf, was the placid blue around the little one.

She was brilliant, and the Little Brother near her was just as brilliant and the same shade. They would be a pair. He would have to make certain that the Little Brother was properly trained to handle the little one.

But his attention turned, split second realizations turning to the one who'd started this, who's aura was as black as the shadow he forced on the pokemon who cared for him. Shadow snarled, but Sensei was gripping him.

Now was not the time for gripping. Now was the time to fight.

Sensei whispered in his ear, and Shadow was filled with joy. Sensei understood, and Sensei was planning, not gripping.

And Sensei's plan was a good plan, too.

Mercury saw Shadow was safe, and saw him evolve, and let herself relax. She turned her attention to the other four with shadows flowing off of them like smoke. Maybe, if she dug hard enough, and deep enough, she could do for them what she had done for Shadow.

She tried the meganium. Plant types were usually more placid, if Grondir was any indication. She scanned, and then scanned deeper. Looking for a happy memory. Anything.

Anything.

There were no happy memories in the creature's mind.

Mercury trembled, and just them, Dante sunk it's claws into the meganium's hide, causing it pain. Which in turn caused the shadow to recede.

Pain reminded it of it's master. Mercury was horrified. Suddenly, she didn't want to do anything anymore.

Her chest hurt. Trainer Jaima and Shadow would have to handle the bad man right now. All Mercury wanted to do was cry.

So she did.

Meiko's hand gripped her hair. The typhplosion wasn't going down, no matter what she tried. It was weakening, due to the poison in it's system, courtesy of Tsunami, but Chompater was evenly matched even with that detriment.

And the cranidos was no help. She looked down at her pokedex again. "headbutt, tackle... Take Down?"

The Cranidos moved, and Meiko snapped her head up. "No! No, we don't need you knocking yourself out! Come back here!" The Cranidos continued to run toward his target, still in the slow stage of what would be a humongous surge of speed. Meiko clenched her fist.

"NO! DON'T YOU DARE!"

The cranidos stopped suddenly, nearly toppling over. He looked back, a quizzical look on its craggy, bumpy face. "Dos?"

"Tsunami, use mudslap! Chompwater, Crunch! And YOU," she snarled, pointing at the cranidos. "We're having a difficult enough time of it without you running off half cocked and getting yourself hurt! Now you stand here and focus your energy, then hit it with a hammer arm, or I will..."

The cranidos began to glow, blinking at her sheepishly. Meiko blinked back, then turned to the battle, grinning.

Just in time to see the typhplosion's foot coming down at Tsunami.

DAMMIT! Her eyes moved back and forth. She couldn't stop the attack, but maybe...

"Tsunami, use Bide!"

The mudkip began to glow as the typhplosion's foot came down, once, twice, three times. Tsunami staggered, finally getting out of the fire pokémon's reach.

"Chompwater, Water Gun now! Cranidos, go use Hammer Arm! Tsunami, release!"

Chompwater's attack hit hard, and the Cranidos managed to hit the pokémon in the chest. Tsunami's glow didn't subside. When it did, the energy coming from her was released by a larger pokémon.

"MARSHTOMP!"

She was shaking, and she seemed wobbly, but marshtomp looked determined, oening it's mouth again and sending a stream of mud from its mouth to the typhplosion.

The large creature withstood the attack, but was weaving, like a large tree about to fall. Finally, it did.

"Finally," sighed Meiko, then squeaked as Tsunami also flopped over. "Eep! Jaima's going to kill me!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 1 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"Hey, what're you doing?" Tuesday called after the riolu. The jackal-like pokemon turned his head and grinned back at her, before dashing forward and springing into the air. He flipped midair and came down on the skarmory's head with his forepaws. The bird squawked a grating cry, staggering under his weight, as the riolu rolled with the movement and landed on the ground gracefully. Sparing but a moment to stick his tongue out at the bird pokemon, he turned and dashed off again.

Tuesday let out a yell and leapt, barely avoiding a swift attack sent her way by the metal bird. Apparently, the creature blamed her for the arrival of the riolu, but he had appeared on his own!

No matter. Tuesday didn't even have to call the three pokemon to attack. Tempest was already royally pissed off that anyone had dared to attack her trainer, much less a pokemon. The pikachu, electricity ripping around her body and making her fur stand on end, came flying out of seemingly nowhere with a screaming cry, before slamming into the bird with an electrical tackle attack.

The skarmory staggered back, cawing awkwardly, as Tempest was flung backward by the force of her own attack and landed on the ground in a heap, sparks flying weakly around her.

"Romeo!" she called. "Double Team and Quick attack it in a circle. Fang, Spark, Charge, and Spark!"

The two pokemon jumping into action at her commands, Tuesday slid down next to Tempest and pulled the pikachu into her arms. "You silly mouse," she scolded lightly, "I told you not to use that attack anymore. I don't even know what it is, and you keep hurting yourself. So stop it, okay?"

"Kaa," Tempest moaned, like an exasperated teenager.

Tuesday sighed, a soft smile on her face. "You rest. I don't want you wearing yourself out." Calling Tempest back into her pokeball, Tuesday turned her attention back to the skarmory. It might not have been a smart idea to lower her attacking force to two pokemon, but she liked the idea of calling Tempest back before she was knocking unconscious. She could get hurt worse if Tuesday let her wear herself down completely. And if the need did arise, Tempest would at least have had a chance to rest a little.

Romeo's quick attack had been met with a fury swipes attack, and now blood was running down the jolteon's side from multiple cuts. Fang's first spark attack had hit, but after the time taken to charge up, the second had missed its target. The two pokemon were still standing, however, and Tuesday had to give them that. They were tough. Jaima and Darryn were good trainers. Tuesday hoped, someday, she could be as great.

"All right, guys! Romeo, quick attack! Fang, let's try spark again!"

"Jolt!" the electric dog cried, bounding forward. The skarmory turned its great, ugly metal head toward the jolteon and spread its wings to unleash an attack, before he suddenly reared back in agony. Jolteon took this moment of weakness as Fang's spark attack swept through the skarmory, to strike with a quick attack that sent the bird pokemon staggering.

He righted himself quicker than any of them had expected, and sent a swift attack at Fang in retaliation.

"Romeo, defend and protect!" Tuesday snapped.

"Jolt!" Romeo cried, leaping forward and landing in front of Fang. "Eeeeon!" he screamed, as a white shield erupted in front of him. The swift attack struck the shield and dissipated, causing the skarmory to squawk angrily as Tuesday grinned. "Double Team, Romeo! Fang, try to get in there and tell me how a metal chicken tastes!"

"Lux," Fang said, running forward, as Romeo, split into four separate versions of himself, flanked Fang with two of his illusions, and raced around the skarmory with the others, drawing his attention.

"Quick attack, Romeo!"

"Jolt!" the jolteon cried. One of the jolteon's racing circles around the skarmory slid to a stop. The illusions dissipated just as the jolteon leapt, slamming his shoulder into the skarmory, and Fang leapt forward and sank his teeth into the metal bird's flesh.

The skarmory let loose a shriek of anger and pain and began to try throwing the lion-like pokemon from his back. Tuesday bit her lip. She didn't want to use charge beam and have Romeo accidentally strike Fang.

"Fang, use spark!" she cried. The Luxio obeyed, and the skarmory cried out as the electricity flowed through metallic veins. "Quick attack, Romeo!"

The pokeball on Tuesday's belt burst open and Tempest appeared, running forward, eager to join the battle again.

"All right! Romeo, quick attack! Fang, sink your teeth into that bird one more time! Tempest, thundershock!"

The three pokemon obeyed, Romeo slamming his body into the skarmory and sending the bird staggering back. Tempest let loose with a crackling burst of electricity. Fang opened his mouth wide and, instead, of clamping his jaws down on the skarmory in a bite attack like she had planned, his mouth suddenly filled with flames, and he sank fire-coated teeth into the skarmory's thick flesh.

"That's... fire fang," Tuesday muttered, awed. She shook herself out of researcher mode, suddenly having an epiphany. "Fang, hang on tight! We're going to use you as a lightning rod and give that rooster a shock he won't soon forget!"

She thought she could see Fang tighten the grip of his jaws, and she turned to the two waiting pokemon. "Romeo, Tempest, you heard me. Use Fang as a channel and let's cook this turkey!"

"Jolt!"

"Pika!"

The two pokemon turned and abruptly unleashed a fury of electricity, centering it on Fang. The luxio hunkered down and sank his teeth even harder into the skarmory's flesh, as the lightning passed through his body and directly into the skarmory's veins.

The bird let out a screeching cry that grated on Tuesday's ears, but she refrained from clamping her hands tight over them. Instead, spots dancing in front of her eyes when the lightning faded, she watched the skarmory collapse unconscious and roasted to the ground, and Fang slide gratefully down, his sides a little crisp.

Tuesday grinned widely. "You guys were great!" she cried, resisting the urge to dance like Dante. "We did it, and you guys were awesome!"

Tempest chuffed and looked away, as though asking if Tuesday had ever doubted such a claim. The jolteon seemed to take the compliment in stride. Tuesday wasn't his trainer and he hadn't known her long enough for her words to mean much of anything when she wasn't commanding him, for which Darryn had said to listen. Fang seemed to appreciate the praise, however, and Tuesday rubbed the luxio's head affectionately. She didn't know him as well as her pokemon, or as Grondir, who she had helped raise, but they were more used to each others companionship, since Jaima and Tuesday had been traveling together.

"You guys are wonderful," Tuesday said, listening to Fang purr softly. Her attention was called away with a yelp, and she turned to see the riolu sliding through the dirt after being backhanded away by one of the pokemon he had been making fun of. She moved over to him, crouching down beside him as he rose into a sitting position, covered in dirt.

"You're sure a prankster, aren't you?" she asked. He cocked his head at her, before grinning toothily. She stared back at him, admiring the black mask over his eyes. She grinned suddenly, coming up with a name for him. He was such a trickster, outfoxing everyone as best he could, and the black mask reminded her so perfectly of that TV show she had loved as a kid, and then the movies. "Zorro," she said, and the riolu's ears perked up. "I'm going to call you Zorro, you trickster." She reached out a hand and he took it, seeming surprised, and she pulled him to his feet. "You're certainly going to be interesting to have around." She smiled, and then looked up at the three electric type pokemon watching her. "Well done, everyone."

"NO!"

Tuesday gasped, as arms suddenly wrapped around her from behind and she felt herself abruptly jerked away. She tensed up in fear at being manhandled, but then caught sight of the Feraligatr out of her peripheral vision and went still. The boy holding her - it must have been Darryn, because she'd caught sight of Meiko and Jaima, both still battling - danced and dodged out of the way of the Feraligatr's flashing claws, and Tuesday was distantly happy that she was small and light, because she couldn't dance.

The vulpix, who had dragged Zorro out of the way - thank Goddess - leapt forward with a psychic attack. Between her and Grondir, they knocked the giant lizard down and out, and Tuesday finally felt that she could breathe again.

She hated that pokemon so much.

"Wha!" With Darryn's cry, she felt his arms loosen abruptly, and she nearly fell flat on her bum. He managed to hold on long enough for her to gain her footing, before letting go of her and backing up. "Oh, you okay, Tuesday? Sorry for grabbing you so suddenly... Yeah, erm... Let's help Jaima or something, 'kay?"

He seemed nervous, rubbing the back of his head. Tuesday looked at him for a long moment, before nodding. "Thank you, Darryn," she said softly, probably speaking directly to him for the first time since they'd met. She was grateful to him, however. That Feraligatr probably would have killed her if he hadn't intervened.

Tuesday turned to see the Typhlosion fall. The Meganium and Feraligatr that Darryn had been facing were now also unconscious. The Skarmory was knocked out, and she could see Shadow...

He evolved, Tuesday thought with awe. It's... Shadow... he's a Lucario.

Tuesday had never seen a Lucario outside of books, and she found herself awed by the mere presence of one. It was Shadow, yes, but he was... different. He seemed to realize it, too, as he scanned the area, his senses taking everything in. When he turned to her, Tuesday's eyes locked to his and she felt as though she was suddenly bared before him. He seemed thoughtful as he gazed upon her, and then upon Zorro.

His attention was called away suddenly, his head snapping to face the leader of the pack of thieves, and only Jaima's restraining hand kept Shadow from leaping forward and claiming vengeance for all that had been wronged. Jaima was whispering to Shadow too softly for Tuesday to hear as she walked over. Tempest was sitting on her left shoulder and Dante was walking behind her, scanning the area. Romeo was back with Darryn, and Zorro was at Tuesday's right side, seeking for the next victim of some piece of mischief. Tuesday hoped he held off until they knew what Jaima was planning. He had the right to decide their next move this time, but Tuesday wanted comeuppance for what had happened to Wraith. Whatever Jaima chose, this quartet of demons was going to pay.

She stopped beside her adopted big brother, but her eyes (and the eyes of her pokemon) were focused on the enemy. "So, what's the plan, Jaima?"

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 2 2009, 01:20 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"The plan, Tuesday," Jaima said, not taking his eyes off of the boss, "is to teach this guy..." He paused and pulled off his glasses, handing them to Meiko. "A lesson."

The boss had been looking at his fallen pokémon, his eye twitching. His fists were clenching and unclenching. He grit his teeth and snarled. "You'll pay for this, you little brats!"

Jaima pointed. "You're the one that's going to pay." His voice was still as angry as when they started. "And I'm the one that's going to make you, just like I promised!"

Ignoring the protests of his friends, he charged the man, who turned and faced the charge head on, bringing a fist back to launch it at the charging boy.

His back being to them, they all they could see of the situation was the look of intense fury on the Boss' face, the large, powerful frame coiling to attack, to pummel, the reddened, deathly anger in his eyes.

They couldn't see the sly grin that developed on Jaima's face.

They could, however, see something the man couldn't, so perhaps they weren't too ill at ease.

The man launched a fist at Jaima, but he had stopped and crouched, allowing the lucario, who had followed closely behind him, to jump off his back and launch a high kick at the man's chin, hitting him directly. Jaima stood and stepped forward, bringing his rear foot forward to kick the man in the chest.

He snarled as he staggered, then surged forward himself, back handing Jaima away. Shadow yipped and launched himself at the man and sent several spinning kicks at him, glancing off of the larger man's forearms. The blocks did nothing to deter the lucario, but the man's fist slamming into the pokémon's ribs from the side sent him sprawling.

Unfortunately for the Boss, he didn't get a chance to breathe, as Jaima was instantly there, sending a series of punches into the man's ribs. The muscles of his chest were more than enough to keep him from feeling the pain overly, but he was getting tired of the constant interruptions.

"You're a nuisance," he snarled. "What makes you think any of this is going to matter? Your little pet blonde girl never learned the lesson, but I thought you would be old enough to figure it out."

Jaima had evidently stopped listening, his mouth twisting. He sent fists up into the man's chin, managing to actually make contact. "That's for Shadow!" He connected with another fist. "And that's for Tuesday!" He nearly hit with another, but the man caught it. Shadow was leaping at him, but the man swung Jaima at him and knocked him away.

"What exactly is it that you hoped to accomplish," he snarled, pulling Jaima closer, pulling a fist back to end his fight.

Jaima was grinning. "I was hoping to keep you occupied."

"FREEZE, perp!"

The man dropped Jaima and spun, facing a group of policemen, led by a tall woman with blue hair. An arcanine snarled next to her, and the rest of the officers released several pokémon, mostly canids, but with a little variety as well.

Jaima limped back to his group, supported by Shadow. The rest of the group looked at him, blinking, and Jaima grinned, raising a finger. "Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance."

"Overconfidence is the downfall of all mortals," Tuesday said with a smile.

"Are you all right, Jaima?" Meiko looked truly worried, but Jaima sat, looking at her with a soft smile.

He sent Shadow to go pick up Mercury, and the lucario cradled the kirlia gently as he brough her back to him. "Yeah, I'm ok. Just hurt in one part of my body."

"Where's that," Darryn asked.

Jaima accepted Mercury and held her in his lap before goraning pitifully. "The whole thing...."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 2 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

Boss Deception edged nervously away from Jenny and the other officers, watching them with wary eyes. The other four goons also searched for possible routes of escape but the police had done their job well - there was no way out.

"Yeah, go get 'em Jen!" Darryn grinned. "Has this made it 100 this year yet?"

Officer Jenny flickered a glance to Darryn and frowned with impatience. "Who are you?"

"Durr, Mr Big-Shot trainer. There are loads of Officer Jennys and they all look the same." Meiko snorted under her breath.

"They actually have some minor differences." Tuesday piped up from next to Jaima.

Jenny ignored the kids as they chatted among themselves and gave the signal for the other members of her squad to move in and apprehend the Team Deception members. They closed in with their dog Pokemon, brandishing batons and handcuffs as they drew closer and closer.

"You honestly think you can stop me?" Boss Deception laughed, his arm reaching into his shirt. "I never go unprepared."

"Get him!" Jenny cried, already moving herself to stop whatever the goon had planned. She was too slow.

From his pocket, the man produced a small green ball with a yellow beak and beady black eyes. It blinked quickly in the harsh sunlight and looked up at his master with wonder. Darryn focused his attention on the little bird and could immediately see that this Pokemon was not exhibiting the blackened aura of a Shadow Pokemon. In fact, it was positively shining.

"Nattie, please use Flash?" Boss Deception asked the bird and it proceeded to shine brighter than the sun, its piercing white light blinding all all the scene. "Good, and now Teleport, please." The man and bird zipped out of existence and reappeared next to the Vice Captain of the team where he laid a hand on his shoulder. "And if it isn't too much to ask, once more?" The tiny bird, panting and puffing from fatigue quivvered once and nodded, it and the two men all disappeared with a shower of blue and gold sparks.

Everyone stood dumbfounded, still rubbing the dazzle from their eyes as Jenny and the Officers reigned in the final three Deception grunts. The process was quick and very well organised - Verity, Dane and Horace all being locked in chains and herded to where Drifblim were waiting for their escort back to Arasam.

"Pidgeoh!!!" Bravo screamed his welcome as he spiraled lower and landed on Darryn's outstreched arm. The bird was tired but obviously very proud of himself for returning so quickly - a speck in the air showed Meiko's Noctowl still winging its way back towards them from the nearby town.

"Bravo, Bravo!" Darryn fondly rubbed his face against the great avian's head and and held up the Premier Ball. "You take a long rest."

*He's faster than ever... What have I been feeding him?!*

The debriefing from Jenny involved many questions, all conducted at the Police Station in Arasam. Darryn told all he could, much as he was sure the others did, but he had plenty of questions that he wanted to be answered that Jenny couldn't supply answers for. Who were Team Deception? What was their aim? Who was that Boss guy? Where did he go? What about the mine - would it be closed off? Are there any laws for capturing fossil Pokemon?

That last one have given him a strange look but Darryn shrugged it off - what did he know about captuing laws?!

It took several long hours before the group reached the local Pokemon Center and there, the next chapter of their story began...

Battle for the Emberwing Badge

End of RP! (click to show)

This post has been edited by Bill Nye: Jul 5 2009, 06:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.