Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Arasam Adventures
The Rose Crusade...
post May 16 2009, 07:27 AM
Post #21

Former GTS +PL Grass Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

Melinda Rose

Melinda was proud when she recalled her faithful Roselia to her pokeball. While a little disappointed that she didn't win the battle, Mindy saw the potential that Roselia had with her attacks. Her Magical Leaf attack was superb, as was her Poison Sting and Leech Seed. Melinda was finally beginning to see a pattern among her team that she had not seen before: Speed (Swellow), Tricky (Misdreavus), Technique (Vespiquen) and Power (Roselia). The individual strengths and weaknesses that each pokemon brought to Mindy's team made them all the more special, and Mindy thought it was good to see her team really flush out and bloom at such a beginning part of her pokemon journey.

One thing she wasn't happy about, however, was Darryn's last battle tactic. In choosing to drop Roselia from twenty feet to send off his Sleep Powder move, he destroyed Roselia's chance of being able to fight back against Totodile. It was good for Darryn though that Butterfree caught Rose from her deathly fall, or wise Darryn would have received the biggest beating of his life. Melinda decided not to confront Darryn about this dangerous choice he made, endangering Mindy's pokemon without her consent, because she really didn't think any good could come out of a situation like that.

Melinda followed Old Man Loch down to his prized possession: the Loch Daycare Center. It was here that Mr. and Mrs. Loch and Nessie bred all sorts of pokemon that could be found somewhere on their ranch. It was a truly splendid place: many pokemon fathers and mothers wee dutifully waiting by their newborn eggs, waiting anxiously for their spark of joy to hatch from it's egg shell. Melinda was thrilled to head that Mr. Loch was going to let them all pick an egg of their own! Melinda and Nessie ran through the daycare happily, looking out for any pokemon eggs that Mindy could pick. There were all sorts of eggs everywhere, so many I couldn't even begin to describe them to you! Beautifully meadows upon meadows of countryside filled with carefully placed eggs! It was a little slice of paradise, one might say. Melinda searched for a good ten minutes, far away from everyone else in another part of the daycare. The pokemon eggs were different here, simpler for the most part. "There must be some kind of organization system, right?" she thought. "Maybe it's by type...". Mindy really couldn't decided on either of two eggs when suddenly Nessie burst in with one she thought Melinda might like. It was a white egg with blue and orange shapes scattered all over it. It was rather plain, but somehow Mindy was drawn toward it, like they had been predestined for each other. With her new egg in tow, Melinda and Nessie traveled back across the meadows, anxiously wanting to find out what eggs Darryn and Darck has picked.

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)
PANE Roleplaying (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post May 16 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #22

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

There were so many eggs and so little time for Darryn to choose that he was on the verge of pulling out his everso glossy hair from the roots!

"And this one?" He nagged Mr Loch, holding up another egg.

"Why, that one would hatch into a Sentret!" Mr Loch informed him, puffing out his chest with pride each time he identified an egg. Truth be told, Darryn thought the man had taken them to the egg paddock to show off his identification skills more than just be generous but Darryn quickly put that to the side of his thoughts.

Darryn was just about to reach for another egg when a movement on the other side of the pen caught his eye. Sitting all on its own, looking particularly forlorn, was a small flmaing horse. Unlike Mr Loch's Rapidash this Pokemon had no horn so Darryn guessed it had to be its pre-evolution form. He fished for his Pokedex and pointed it over the fence.

[Ponyta - the Flame Horse Pokemon. About an hour after birth, its fiery mane and tail grow out, giving it an impressive appearance.]

"It doesn't look very impressive." Darryn muttered to himself.

"Ah, yes. That young one has fallen somewhat behind her brothers and sisters." Mr Loch sighed, seemingly having overheard Darryn's statement. "She was the last of her clutch - the runt if you will. Her flame never did burn as bright as the others so she didn't get bought at the Arasam market."

"That's so sad." Darryn felt a melancholy wave come over him. "Wasn't she as strong as the others?"

"Oh no no no!" Mr Loch scratch his chin. "That's what I could never work out. She's a fine young mare but its just her inner flame - its hasn't grown. She's just as strong as any Ponyta her age but that mane and tail are so weak that no-one wanted to pick her from the market stall. A shame really - she has an ever so lovely temperament."

Darryn's eyes locked with the motionless horse who had turned her head to watch them. Those brown chestnut eyes reminded him of Lady but they carried sadness rather than pride. Her self pity almost reminded him of the way Pipdgey and Caterpie had been when he had started out... she just needed help from the right person.

"I'll take her." Darryn said, standing slowly while keeping his eyes on hers. "Whatever the price, I'll take her." He immediately regretted that bold statement as his wallet was hardly overflowing with cash but the sentiment was there. He had to help her. He had to show her that her inner fire was just as large as any other Ponyta and that he could help it to grow.

"Oh, well that's sorted then!" Mr Loch clapped Darryn suddenly on the back. "She's yours! I was going to give you an egg anyway but she's ready to be taken. But... you should probably know..." Mr Loch's eyes grew pensive. "She's not a pure-breed. We didn't have any male Rapidash stocked with her mother so it's likely she has a father of a different species. I don't know if that will make much of a difference to the way she is raised, but at least she has a trainer now!"

Darryn barely heard the man talking as he crossed the egg paddock to the fence. The Ponyta stood and walked towards him, those sad eyes regarding him with... could it be hope? Darryn reached out to stroke her smoth nose that she offered him with a light nuzzle.

"The flames aren't hot..." Darryn whispered to himself. Mr Loch was at his side in a flash.

"Shows she trusts you, that does. Ponyta and Rapidash are always burning but they control the heat within the flames themselves. I'm sure you'll get along just nicely!"

"Yeah..." Darryn said, regarding the Ponyta's flickering fire. Its colours rose and fell in intensity from pale yellow to fierce orange and to a sober deep crimson. "Like leaves in November..." He whispered. "You're my November..."

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Darck
post May 20 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #23

The Demon of Darkness, GTS+ PL Dark Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 1 539

Dark gym

Darck wandered through the nursery, his hand gently caressed the eggs as he searched for one that called to him. His companions had already been far ahead of him browsing the eggs. He listened on and on about the old man telling Darryn about different eggs. Watched Mindy rush in and pick an egg and rush out, she barley gave any thought about it. Darryn was off touching a Ponyta when Darck stumbled across a golden brown egg. Out of no where the old man came up behind Darck and gave him a scare.

"That's one of my prized bull's off spring" Darck almost dropped the egg as he turned around.

"That huge Tauros you met earlier. That's gonna be just like him" Darck was staring off out of the nursery at a herd of Tauros stampeding through the fields they were all lead by one Tauros, who happened to be much larger and who's horns seemed longer.

"With a bull that size on my side, nothing could stand in my way..." Darck's ulterior motives were kicking in he wanted more power.

"With your permission sir, I'd like this egg" He held up the Tauros egg to the old man

"Well sure son I told you you could pick any one you wanted" That same smile of the old man came across his face as he patted Darck on the back and lead him outside. Soon Darck caught up to Nessy and Mindy

"Nice egg." He said to Mindy

--------------------
[align=center]
Click me ---><--- Please

[spoiler=GTS+PL]

[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post May 21 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

OOC (click to show)

"Nice egg."

Mindy grinned. It was a nice egg and she had a really good feeling about it. Somehow she was just sure that it would hatch into something spectacular and...

[Bzzzzt bzzzzt.]

"Wha-?" Mindy fumbled for her PokeGear that was vibrating violently in her pocket. The display flared to life in her hands, illuminating an image of her Uncle Soney and the word 'CALLING' underneath. She flicked the answer button and rolled her eyes to Darck, making the silently apology that it was a call she had to take.

Darryn accepted November's Repeat Ball from Mr Loch with utmost gratitude and clicked the button, calling the fiery horse back inside. The creature was very pretty, really. She just needed the right encouragement to put a sparkle in her eyes and a little more zest to her flames. He couldn't wait to work with her - a true diamond in the rough.

As he minimised the ball and moved to join the others, Darryn couldn't help but feel something was wrong. The words were too quiet to hear but it seemed Mindy was speaking to someone on her PokeGear with an upset ring to her words. Her eyes were widening, showing all of their whites as she gasped into the mouth piece, saying over and over again: "No... no... no!"

Darryn passed Darck a questioning look but was rewarded with a shrug and a frown. The conversation was relatively short but when it was over, Melinda Rose was in floods of tears. Darryn rushed to her side immeidately, his arms around her in a flash as he rocked her in soothing motions and shushed her as she wept. He passed another look to Darck, this time a 'What-the-hell-is-going-on?' glare which was answered with an identical shrug.

"Min? Mindy?" Darryn held her back and tried to get eye contact from her, searching her face for answers. "What's wrong?"

"It's... it's Queen?" She managed to get through the tears, sniffing heavily. "Uncle Soney says she's really sick and her maggots are all dying. He thinks she'll be gone within the week..."

"Oh no..." Darryn whispered, hugging her again more tightly. "Isn't there anything anyone can do?" Mindy shook her head as she pressed her face in Darryn's chest.

"Uncle Soney's asked the Joy in Floaroma to take a look and she said there wasn't anything left to do... SHe's gonna die, Darryn! My Queen! She was my very first, y'know?"

"Yeah, Min - I remember." Darryn whispered, stroking his friend's head and trying not to be caught up in the sorrow and start crying himself. "What do you want to do?" He asked quietly, already realising what was coming next.

"I've got to go home and see her..." Mindy sniffed, wiping at her eyes but only reddening them. "I can't carry on... not like this."

"It's alright, Mindy." Darryn smiled at her, holding her hands tightly. "I get it. If you have to go then get going - we'll be fine." He nodded towards Darck and gave her a reassuring squeeze. "But if you go, will you do me a favour?"

"Uh, um, sure?" Mindy sniffed, the tears slowing.

"I want you to take my Butterfree with you. She needs to take some time out and really get used to her wings. Back in Lenoilia, Joy told me that she had some issues with the pollution there and I think it might still be affecting her. When I saw the images of Floaroma back in Gigarte, I knew it would be the perfect place for my Metapod to grow up in one day and now she needs those sorts of conditions... So, will you take her?"

Mindy blinked, the tears completely stopped now. Her wide eyes stared up at Darryn with some confusion and shock, but they faded to a faint sort of understanding and she finally nodded.

"Sure, Darryn." She tried to smile. "I'll take good care of her."

Darryn smiled back and passed her the Net Ball that had hung at the second slot on his belt. He caressed it for a moment and held it up to his lips where he quietly whispered: "This isn't the end but I know you'll understand...". Mindy took the ball carefully and clipped it alongside her other four before selecting her primary ball and releasing Swellow. The larger-than-average bird appeared in a flash, a sombre expression on his beak - clearly he had heard everything.

Mindy stepped over to Darck and gave him a private goodbye which, Darryn turned his back on so that he did not intrude, before hugging Darryn one last time. She reached up on tiptoes and kissed her friend sweetly on the cheek to wish him farewell. That was when it happened.
The earth tilted under Darryn's feet and everything blurred, colours twisting and edges flickering madly. He gasped with shock of something settling on his skin and contracting like some sort of death grip that threatened to tigheten until he popped. Heat and cold flash along his entire body in disgutingly erratic waves for what felt like a year but by the time it was over, Mindy had only just dropped back to her heels.

"What was-?"

"Don't ask." Mindy interrupted him. "I know you'll figure it out." She smiled, her red eyes actually crinkling with proper happiness. "Just don't give up, 'kay?"

Darryn nodded, not really knowing what she meant. Maybe don't give up trying to get to the Furoh League? Who knew? Melinda moved to her Swellow and stroked his head fondly, moving to his back where he spread his wings for her to climb aboard. She positioned herself comfortably and tapped her Pokemon's wing to let her know she was ready. With a mighty surge, Swellow took off, leaving the little farm and everyone in it behind. Mindy looked back once, fresh tears beginning to fall and waved to her new friends.

"Bye, guys! I won't forget you - I promise!"

Darryn waved, still clutching that ball of emotion and forcing it down his throat - he would not cry! - and once Mindy was gone from view he did. A heavy, silent tear leaked free from his glittering eye as he wished his friend, he very best friend, well on her journey and prayed that she would somehow return in all her glory - strong, brave and true with the smile that always said 'Let's do this!' and the helping hands that offered their assistance each step along the way.

In took some time for everything to sink in but once it had, Darryn and Darck finally managed to give Mr Loch a final thanks before moving onwards towards Lenoilia. Mrs Loch had been kind enough to give them plenty of food for the trip and Nessie had said something which seemed incredibly positive but Darryn still could not understand the girl.

With a hopeful spring in his stride, Darryn marched northwards towards the towering Mount Arasam and began to cmpose his message to Jaima.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darck
post May 21 2009, 10:07 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Dark gym

Mindy slowly came over to Darck for their private moment together, her eyes were watering and Darck looked down on the delicate woman and caressed her cheek.

"Our time as travelers has come to an end my dear.. But I will cherish these memories for a life time." Darck wiped a tear from her eye, he stood there almost emotionless his human attachment to this girl was getting in the way, it pained him greatly to watch her depart from the group but he knew the sooner she left the sooner his attachment would fade, and the quicker he would climb to power.

"You know, I will be back Darck... " Mindy smiled up at him and embraced him in a hug, she softly kissed him on the cheek Darck returned with a delicate kiss to her cheek, her lips were soft and moist against his tougher skin.

----------------

As Mindy flew away on her Swellow, Darck remained emotionless, while Darryn cried his eyes out he stood there, staring at the sky.

"I'm heading to Arasam Darryn..." His voice was mono-tone, no hint of sorrow or depression. Darck turned back to the house and grabbed his bag, he held onto his egg and let Absol walk along side of him.

Darck grabbed a ball from his belt and tossed it to the old man who caught it with ease.

"I'd like you to watch after my Charmander.. she's strong but where I'm heading I don't have time to raise her, so please look after her till I return" Darck turned around not wanting to wait for a response.

"Sure thing son...just. Come back for her."

His dark figure walked along the setting sun as he reached the road towards the next city.

"Sol?" His Absol looked up at him as Darck stared straight ahead. He wasn't going to look back.

"No Absol...we have a goal, and we aren't going to look back.. No regrets."

This post has been edited by Darck: May 21 2009, 10:18 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
Click me ---><--- Please

[spoiler=GTS+PL]

[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post May 22 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Darryn's Text Message to Jaima's PokeGear (click to show)

<You are different.> Lady spoke for the first time since they left the farm, her thought-speak accusing and stern. Those everdeep brown eyes stared up at Darryn meaningfully.

<I don't know what you mean.> Darryn sent back, tugging his hoodie closer around his shoulders. THe air was getting cooler as he and Darck began their ascent of Mount Carello. According to Darck, the city called Arasam lay in a large crater on the western side of the mountain - still a long walk and one which they probably would not be able to complete that night. They were only in the foothills and the peak still soared into the far distance - as unreachable as the stars.

<You have never linked with me before.> Lady explained. She sounded almost angry, as though Darryn had broken some rule or something like that. Darryn frowned and played his memory back. Lady was right. He had never spoken back to Lady in the way she communicated with him. <She changed you.>

Darryn inwardly gulped. What was going on? What was Lady accusing Mindy of? Darck flashed Darryn a look out of the corner of his eye again - that was the third in the last five minutes - and went back to hiking ahead, his Absol leading them all to the northwest.

<The Black One has realised.> Lady continued, prancing over a large boulder and turning back to glare at Darryn. <You are not the same.>

"Hey, Darck." Darryn chose to ignore Lady and strode past her to catch up with his latest traveling partner. "How long do you reckon it will be until we reach Arasam?"

This post has been edited by Living Arrow: May 22 2009, 05:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darck
post Jun 5 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Dark gym

"About three days depending on how long it takes us to walk.." Darck could sense the pressure between the two of them. Seemed like Mindy was the glue that bonded the group..

"First Jaima..now Mindy..who's next" Darck mumbled to himself as he continued his walk following his Absol, it almost seemed like Absol knew where he was heading.

"Hey now you demon don't get too far ahead.." Darck called to his Absol who was leading him and Darryn up the road

"Think that Absol is from Arasam? nah... couldn't be.." Darryn and Darck continues walking into the setting sun

ooc (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]
Click me ---><--- Please

[spoiler=GTS+PL]

[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 6 2009, 03:44 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

Darryn slowed down, allowing Absol to pull ahead and Darck to move far enough away before turned off the path. He never really knew the exact reason why he silently deserted his traveling partner but several excuses began to seed themselves as the gap between the two increased.

Darck hypothetical of 'who's next?' was a little too casual for Darryn's taste. Obviously, the balck-clad trainer had not had time to get to know Jaima or Mindy in the same way that he did but a little regret went a long way to help others feel that they weren't alone. SO, by Darryn's reckoning, if he felt alone with Darck around, why not just be alone?

*At least I can get away from those dodgey looks he's been giving me...*

Making sure that he was heading as far from the road as possible, just in case Darck decided to go looking for him, Darryn began to climb the looming mountain above them. Green gave way to browns and ocres of gravel, rocks and dead trees and as night drew in, Darryn found a nestling place between three large boulders and settled down for the night.

His decision to go solo might have been triggered by weak stimuli but his resolve to see through his decision was as strong as the rocks around him. With all thoughts on Arasam and the gym badge that waited for him there, Darryn Kellor fell asleep, vowing that tomorrow would be the real start of his championship journey.

End of RP! (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:35 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.