Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
S.S. Lynnette, Now Departing, Open topic
Douken Sota
post Sep 21 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #1

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

The boat's horn blew loudly, echoing across the island, signaling that it was soon going to depart. Family and friends stood at the loading dock, waving goodbye at the trainer ready to take his fist steps. He waved back, signaling that he is going to return. Adjusting the bag on his back and pushing his glasses up, he walked on board the boat called the S.S. Lynnette to begin his journey.

He was not alone. Though they were now resting in their pokeballs, his Croagunk and Seel were still with him. It was not like the two would abandon him, or he would abandon them. They were trustful partners to be with.

The sounds of chains rattling filled the air as they began to lift anchor and soon depart from the isolated home. It is here where Douken's journey begins, stopping at the port city of Barley and heading on foot or bike to the nearest town.

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 21 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #2

The Restricted One
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 406

TADAAaah~!

((mind if i join in? to avoid any confusion, Chibi / or Chibi-san / is the nickname of Kaylee))

Kaylee was exhausted. She almost missed her boat, no, her dream even. She crashed down in her bed, giving off a big yawn. Chibi-san was not used to having to rush as everything was always perfectly timed and planned. She was so excited and hyper that she forgot just about everything. Even just now, she forgot to close the door to her room...

Mareep popped out of her pokeball and curled up next to her, bleating soothingly as Chibi relaxed and listened to the motion of the sea and the people cheering and yelling good luck wishes. One of them was her father, probably crying out loud while his daughter set sail on her own journey after years of staying home.
Kaylee was pretty sure that her mother was watching too, ever so happy to see her precious happy. Mareep knew what would happen: Her partner would fall asleep and dream about her mother and the adventures they had together as the ultimate exploring team. She intuitively used her Heal Bell to give off a soothing sound, sending Kaylee to dreamland almost instantly. Sounds faded away from Chibi as she felt more and more like a little puffball floating about in a sea of joy, making her giggle in her sleep, causing the random passer-bys to smile as well.

Mareep bleated gently at each passer-by, hoping to be petted a few times or even get some food. In the rare moments her partner got scatterbrained, something good usually happened to her. Just like now, with the door wide open for visitors.

This post has been edited by EpicLunatic: Sep 21 2009, 02:46 PM

--------------------

She likes to be poked. so why dontcha? xD

[spoiler=current RP (open!)]SS Lynette, now departing!
(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 21 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

PANE

The captain made a short comment on the speakers, stating who he was, their destination, and how long it would take, as if he was reading a script. He also declared that a trainer's Pokemon could be out during the trip as long as they do not bother passengers and that they had rinks set up if eager trainers wanted to kil time with battles, mentioning they had a Nurse Joy on board. Really, at the current moment, Douken was just curious on how long and where his room was on deck.

Hearing Pokemon were allowed if not disturbing, he let out his Croagunk, his cheeks puffing a bit before retracting as he came out. He didn't let Seel out since she was slower of the two and she loved to live random hugs in a calm atmosphere. Croagunk, walking besides Douken, headed for the rooms, looking for his room.

Walking down the hall, he walked across an open room where he heard some bleating, seeing a Mareep next to an asleep trainer. He figured she was exhausted and decided to sleep through part of the trip. Hoping she didn't mind, he went over to scratch the sheep's soft head before reaching into his bag. "Lets see... electric Pokemon, tastes unknown... I guess this will do," he said, pulling out some Pokemon food fit for Electric types, sprinkling on some seasoning to add a sweeter taste. Living with breeders, its a thing you catch on to.

--------------------
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 22 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #4

The Restricted One
Group Icon

TADAAaah~!

Some decent time seemed to have passed while she slept her anxiety away, and Mareep took the advantage of it - you'd say the little thing was roughly twice as big as before. She was still enjoying her last treat. One that hit the perfect spot so it seemed, seeing Mareep bob her head in joy.
"Youre quite the sweet-tooth arent you?", Chibi-san teasingly said, patting her pillow-like pokemon. "Oh? Whats this?"
Kaylee spotted a brochure with the plans and festivities on the SS Lynnette.
"Hmm.. Youre last visitor mustve left this behind by accident, Mareep. Ah well, good for me!"
"Oh hey! Theres some pokemon battling going to start pretty soon. Want to go and watch?"
Her pokemon bleated happily. She'd go anywhere her partner would want to go with her. After all, theres usually food and fun involved.
"Okay then! Ill just take my notebook and were off!"
Kaylee always takes her notebook with her when she goes to see battles or contests. Theres always something interesting and beautiful to be found. Something she might be able to use later on.
"Okay, im ready. lets go."

"We might even have our first real battle ourselves, wouldnt that be exciting?"
"Blaa!"

--------------------

(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 22 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

PANE

Douken was already at the battlefields, watching the current match. It was a Magmar versus Pikachu. An interesting match up since neither side shows a type advantage against each other unless they had a move not of their type. If either of them had a Ground-Type move, it could turn the tides to their favor possibly. Either way, the rocky terrain battlefield seemed to give Pikachu a batter edge, being the faster of the two and smaller, he could easily take cover from behind the stones. Magmar, however, definitely showed more power.

In total, there were four battlefields on the deck, each comprising of different fields: Rock, Grass, Water/Ice, and a neutral field. Each one could let a Pokemon feel at home as well as give advantages on fighting styles from the given lands available.

Magmar let off a powerful flamethrower, but the large rocks mainly acted as a wall as the Pikachu used Agility to get clock before unleashing a close range Thundershock, knocking out the Magmar and the judge declaring the victory to the owner of the Pikachu. "Power means nothing if it cannot hit," Douken said calmly as Douken walked away from the finished battle, pushing his glasses up as Croagunk followed beside him.

--------------------
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 22 2009, 03:24 PM
Post #6

The Restricted One
Group Icon

TADAAaah~!

Kaylee rushed up the deck, with Mareep following right behind her.
Once she got used to the bright light from the burning sun, she was in utter shock.
"Amaaazing...", she gasped.
There were already a few battles going on:
A Porygon was having a hard time against a Bulbasaur in the Grass field. In the Ice and Water field, a Shellder was putting up a good show against a weakened Krabby. The Neutral field had a rather interesting match going on with a Spearow and a Butterfree, both showing nice aerial acrobatics.
The Rocky field on the other hand was not occupied, but did have cheering. A small Pikachu seemed to have won from a powerful Magmar.
"Amaaazing...", she repeated. She was not shocked about how a Pikavchu won, she knew size doesnt matter. She's known for ages. What was amazing was the spirit of the audience and battlers alike. the fun amidst the competition. To her, battles had to be serious and draining. But like this, she felt more comfortable to mix into the crowd and maybe even have a battle.

"Let's have a closer look at the Rocky stage, shall we? A new battle's bound to start there."
She slowly walked towards the field, looking around and admiring all the gorgeous details. Some glittering dust from Butterfree's Sleep Powder, A few icicles hanging in front of her from Shellder's ice beam.... "Oh, nice", she said, and grabbed one of the icicles, wanting to eat it. "Here Mareep, have some too. It must be terribly warm here for you." The pokemon bleated happily and started to lick the icicle along the way, until she saw someone and went for him instead.
"Mareep! Where are you going? Wait for me~!"
She ran after her partner, and shortly after ended up at the edge of the battlefield, next to the person Mareep was bleating at.
"Oops, sorry.. Mareep seems to have taken a special liking to you."
"Wait a minute.. I know that smell! Youre the one with the pokefood, arent you. Then i should thank you, Mareep was very happy with it", Kaylee said, hugging her little precious.
"Oh, my name's Kalyee btw, but i like being called Chibi-san instead."

--------------------

(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 22 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

PANE

Hearing the bleating again, Douken and Croagunk turned around, watching the Mareep before come hopping at the two. He smiled and went onto one knee, scratching its head again, saying "Now, now, too much food isn't good for you," thinking the sheep wanted more before the sleeping trainer came up after it.

"its not a problem. This Mareep just seemed hungry is all," he said, smiling. "Well then, Chibi-chan," he said, altering her nickname, "My name is Douken. I just got started on my jouney today. And yourself?"

The battle on the nearby grass field was coming to a close, Bulbasaur doing serious damage with a Poison Powder and Leech Seed combo, slowly draining the Porygon's energy as Bulbasaur kept up an onslaught of grass attacks. It did not take long for the Porygon to fall at the hands of the female's Bulbasaur.

--------------------
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 22 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #8

The Restricted One
Group Icon

TADAAaah~!

Kaylee giggled slightly as she heard him altering her nick.

"Me? Ive had countless of journeys. This one is my first since years.. i havent travelled anymore since my mom died, but i decided to move on, thanks to my little fluffball," she said, giving off a lovely smile to the happy pokemon.
"Furoh is the only region i havent been to yet, so its pretty exciting. I really dont know what to expect though... i hvanet heard all that much about it. Adds up to the fun, i guess. Surprise is an important element in just about everything. All i know is that i'll be conquering all the gyms i'll find there. How about you? Are you a trainer too? Or a coordinator?"

It seemed a bit silly to ask it, since he's here watching the battles with great interest, scanning the slightest changes in status, health and situation in little time.
No, not a trainer, she thought...
"Or are you by any chance a breeder?" she finally asked, still thinking he showed capable fighting skills just by observing his surroundings.

It took her a while to figure out the Porygon was going down, but eventually caught on and said: "Things are getting pretty tranquil around here. How about we get involved with some of the action? Maybe even against each other? Mind you that im the greenest of all, i have no real experience with battling.."
She started running towards the grass field, hoping to find a fight. Mareep gave her a questioning look.
"I know i said we'd either have or see a new battle, but i didnt say it had to be at the rocks, did i?"

"Doukeeen~! Whatever you choose to do, ill be waiting for a challenger at the grass!"

This post has been edited by EpicLunatic: Sep 22 2009, 04:35 PM

--------------------

(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 22 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

PANE

"I am a trainer and my parents are breeders. Living with them, I can tell how well a Pokemon is by the coat and how it acts to certain conditions. You could say it gives be a better edge analysis-wise," he stated calmly before she gave the challenge and ran off. The judge watching curiously as the previous trainers headed off together, walking about their battle for future reference info, Douken went to the judge and explained what was going on here. Nodding, the judge told him to take his position on the battlefield.

"Alright, the next match shall now get underway," the judge announced, "between Douken and Kaylee. Each trainer will be allowed one Pokemon and will be over when one of the trainer's Pokemon will not be able to battle or the trainer surrenders. We ask both Trainers and their Pokemon be careful with their attacks and not harm the crowd or any equipment on board. Now that everything it set, BEGIN!"

"Croagunk, to battle," he called as the poison frog hopped onto the battlefield. "I will be generous and allow you the first move," he said, already calculating counterattacks.

--------------------
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 23 2009, 07:32 AM
Post #10

The Restricted One
Group Icon

TADAAaah~!

"Lets have a good one," she said, delighted to see that Douken made it to the field.
"Go, Mareep!" she yelled, calling the sheep to the battle. "A Croagunk huh?"
this could get dangerous. first of all, theres his poison moves to consider. Next to that, it tends to be a heavy hitter as well. Seems to be that paralysing the opponent would be a smart and safe move.
"Thank you for the offer, but im afraid youll regret that soon enough," she said, having a dangerous undertone in her voice.
"Mareep, Thunder Wave!" she yelled while pointing towards the Croagunk on the other side.
Let's see you dodge that, she thought.

Meanwhile, Shellder was declared the winner over a frozen Krabby and Butterfree gave in to a nice Mirrored Move by Spearow. All that was happening was right here and now, with her first battle. And her first test as a pokemon trainer.
"Douken.. We may have befriended each other now, but do not expect me to take that into account. I wont hold back to test myself or you. I hope you will do the same."

--------------------

(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 23 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

PANE

AS the Mareep began charging her attack, Douken quickly called, "Mud Slap!" for the counter strategy. As the Mareep send the electric current through the air, Croagunk began sweeping his hands on the ground, hurling the dirt and mud that laid on the grass flooring, aiming for the eyes. The ground that was in midair was able to dampen the power slightly, but still caught the poison frog Pokemon.

As she rambled upon being friends and playing serious, his focus was already on the battlefield. "Now take to the tall grass!" he called, the frog hiding where the grass was taller. Paralysis cuts back on speed and some attacks, so surprise attacks shall do better... he thought, already setting moves in mind.

--------------------
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 24 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #12

The Restricted One
Group Icon

TADAAaah~!

He's a keen one, she thought. He seemed to quickly adapt to difficult situations in little time. If Mareep was not able to see her target, or its attacks, there was not a lot of use in Paralysing, except for getting a little extra time to think of something. Come one, Kaylee thought, im good with strategies...
She was, but when she was still training, it was nothing more than actually simple training. And as Mareep is still young and not experienced, she doesnt know a wide variety of moves yet. None of them seemed to fit the situation.
He's slower now, we should be able to catch up with Croagunk..

"Mareep! Head for the grass too!" she responded, sending her pokemon to the left side of the grass patch, not too far away from croagunk. Mareep was now faster, has her own healing move, and long range Thundershocks. Her ability - Static - could come in handy as well to give a full Paralysis should she take a hit.
Were in the lead now. All we need to do is find Croagunk and zap it to a crisp.
The only thing that might get in the way is the fact that she has a smaller pokemon than Douken. If the grass ends up having an annoying height, Mareep would still be hindered while Croagunk would be able to see over the grass, making it hard to catch it off guard...

This post has been edited by EpicLunatic: Sep 24 2009, 01:04 PM

--------------------

(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 24 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

PANE

Douken grinned, seeing how she made it into a tactic of sneak attack instead of head on battle. If the mud thrown (which was not mentioned if it hit of not) had made contact, it could of blinded the sheep a bit, ruining her accuracy. "Croagunk, time for nature's feelings..." he said, making it sound like an unknown attack, but really, he told Croagunk to go by instinct The surrounding field was quite natural for his partner, so he felt more at home. Lets not forget that the way Croagunk survived was by dirty tactics...

A barrage of purple needles arose from the grass where Croagunk went in flew straight at the grass Mareep hid in. It was Croagunk using Poison Sting in a long range fashion. Though it may be weak power, it was poisoning the foe that made the intention. A poisoned target was useless in a sniping battle such as this. Good move. She can't have Mareep sit around and let the poison worsen so force her into the open, thoguth Douken, watching the tall grass shake as Croagunk moved his position.

--------------------
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 24 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #14

The Restricted One
Group Icon

TADAAaah~!

((OOC: oops, i thought it was kind off... nullified as it hit the thunder wave.. lets make it a hit))

Being blinded by the mud, and slightly weakened by it - even though it was held back by the Wave - Mareep failed to evade some of the stings.
"Mareep~!" Kaylee yelled, worried about her puffball.
"Ah, the damage isnt too big.. Mareep, use Heal Bell," she responded. Shortly after, Mareep's tail started to glow white and send out a soothing vibe, curing her of a possible poison.
"It won't work to poison Mareep, not with Heal Bell active. All you do is give your location to me," Chibi-san warned.
I wish Mareep was more used to these hide and seek games.. she's more fit for distant battling and statusses. I cant use distant Thundershocks effectively in long grass, not with her accuracy lowered.

Kaylee was slightly losing her patience. This doubting of hers too long enough.
"Time to charge in, Mareep!" she ordered.
I hope he stopped running after he went into the other patch...
Eventually she and Mareep did notice the grass rustle. Whether it was Croagunk, they didnt know.
"No time to doubt.. Use Thundershock!"
Even with a lowered accuracy, missing her attack from this close shouldnt be possible.
"Did we hit him? Did we even aim for Croagunk at all? Or did he trick us?"

This post has been edited by EpicLunatic: Sep 24 2009, 04:58 PM

--------------------

(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 24 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

PANE

The grass continued to rustle forward more, stalling for a bit, the light from the shock showing Croagunk's shadow. When the light vanished, the grass rustled forward more, closer to where the hiding Mareep was. Closing the difference between the two, Croagunk got his fist ready for a strike on her Mareep's blind spot.

"Just curious," Douken asked, hoping to aviod her direction from the moving frog. "Is this your first battle? I mean, has your Mareep had any battle experience at all? I mean, using Heal Bell was a smart move, but how long do you think it will last?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 25 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #16

The Restricted One
Group Icon

TADAAaah~!

"Weve got a hit!" Kaylee cheered. "Wait, what?" Chibi was mildly chocked. The grass kept rustling towards Mareep, even after the Shock. "We missed? how?!"
She didnt care about that anymore shortly after; there were more urgent things going on. Croagunk was ready for a strike, and Mareep had no way to defend herself. Or almost none, at least. Kaylee smiled. Having spent enough time in the field, Mareep's wool's doubled in size.

Dex entry: "It's fluffy coat swells to double when static electricity build up. Touching it may be shocking."

"Perfect," she smirked. "I wonder if he realises what will happen if Croagunk lands a hit on Mareep."
She might take a softened hit, but croagunk will feel a stunning zap, leaving him open for attack

"Hmm? Yes, this is my first real battle, and Mareep only watched as i trained with my father's rock pokemon. But as far as Heal Bell goes, no problem. she's used it on me plenty of times to calm me down when i was stressed out. It's become a mere reflex," she shrugged.

"Oh, and Douken, This fight isnt over quite yet," she said, whishfully thinking Croagunk would make a hit, and Mareep to be able to soak up some damage and still being able to strike back fast enough.
"Your Croagunk's already been paralysed for some time now... How long do you think it will take before it finally takes effect?"

((OOC btw: maybe we should get a discussion topic. to get some others to read about it, and planning what would happen next?))

This post has been edited by EpicLunatic: Sep 25 2009, 03:10 PM

--------------------

(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 25 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

PANE

"It has been taking effect," Douken stated. "You can see that Croagunk is moving slowly. This is because the static in his body is slowing down his movements, and the Thunder shock made sure it was a full set Paralysis instead of the weakened Thunder Wave tactic. This means if you think Mareep's Static will make it worse, think again..." Douken grinned. At the moment, Croagunk's cheeks puffed before letting out another set of Poison stings, aiming for the wool-less tail. "now Croagunk, stop them from healing!" he called, having Croagunk coming into the open, facing the Mareep, Taunting her. If the sheep fell for it, the attention would be to attack Croagunk, not heal herself.

--------------------
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 25 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #18

The Restricted One
Group Icon

TADAAaah~!

((reading your profile, i noticed Croagunk doesnt know how to Taunt ._. ))

Tables were turned around quickly, even before Kaylee just half realised what was about to happen. The long range-typed Stings all jabbed Mareep's tail, Poisoning her on impact. Next to that, her Static electricity wasnt able to shock her foe, leaving her tactic useless.
"Huh?! No physical moves? Just that weak Poison Sting? Whats the use in that?" she inquired, and an answer she did receive.

"Taunt her!" Douken ordered.

"No!" Chibi yelped. If this worked, Mareep wouldnt be able to stand up to the poisonous frog for too long without her Healing Bell.

Standing face to face with her foe, the fluffy sheep pokemon did give in to the taunt, dealing out a full-powered, and electrically charged Tackle, heading straight for the Paralysed Croagunk.

"That wool, as the dex entry explains, doesnt only have a chance to deal Paralysis, but also tends to give a decent shock, hurting the foe in the process," said Kaylee, having regained her cool. "If she makes contact, which is likely to happen on close range, this might eventually work in my favor," she grinned.

"Mareep, after youve Tackled him, get over here!" she yelled, while looking her favorite berry.

Hearing that, Mareep thought of food, and got excited, rushing towards Croagunk with sparks flying from her wool.

--------------------

(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Sep 25 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

PANE

((I reconsidered Taunt over Astonish in this case... Either way, I would replace taunt in the next move selection as I would of with Astonish.))

At the sudden charge, Douken let out a laugh. The faster Mareep went, the lower her reaction to be. "Use your close range counter!" Douken cried as Croagunk got his fist ready. Glowing bright, he quickly went at Mareep, lowering the time between contact. He was at maximum speed, give or take the limit from the Paralysis, and had Mareep charging straight into a Bullet Punch, aimed her the face. It was the moment Douken was waiting for. Both momentums were hard to stop and change suddenly and the force between it was unknown.

--------------------
+Quote Post

EpicLunatic
post Sep 26 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #20

The Restricted One
Group Icon

TADAAaah~!

Ugh, another counter? How long will Mareep have to go through this all?! she yelled to herself. You could see her hair change to a light purple hue now.. Her impatience took the better of her. Upon hearing Bullet Punch ordered, she had to think quick to get a clean hit on that frog anyway.
The paralyses is strong enough to slow it down just a bit, and Mareep is already charging at max speed..

"Mareep!" she responded, "Jump up!"

The ball of fluff listened quick enough and leapt clean over the glowing fist, later slamming Croagunk into the ground with her full weight.

"Time to finish it with Thundershock!" Kaylee yelled afterwards, being pretty sure this would be the end

Mareep charged a little, and sent out a blue-coloured lightning beam to her foe, who was still trapped below her.

"Now get back here, Ive got a pecha berry for you," she grinned

This post has been edited by EpicLunatic: Sep 26 2009, 04:54 PM

--------------------

(started by Douken)

[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:09 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.