Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is there some trick to winning Platinum Major Vs Seeker battles?
Yuki Tanuki
post Nov 28 2011, 05:04 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 117 850

Coolest Pokemon! >_<

Of the four or so Vs Seeker Major battles I've entered, I haven't won a single one. Is there some trick to it that's escaping me? My Pokemon are always level 100 and I always enter them based on type according to the present weather. It's really annoying when my Charizard can win every battle I send it into except the Major ones. How do people possibly accumulate millions of points if it's so difficult to win these battles?

--------------------
I only want the first 251 pokemon, but it looks like that may be impossible since it seems I can't get Mewtwo without getting some pokemon I've never even heard of. sad.gif (old school pokemon fan here)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Nov 28 2011, 07:00 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

The pokemon would need to be top notch when it comes to stats, and they might have items that are beneficial. People might be predicting that other people will use weather based pokemon, so they might be countering that. I don't really know, because I don't play around with the seeker a lot.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Two Lights
post Nov 28 2011, 08:31 AM
Post #3

It's a song reference. Look it up.
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Second Star to the right and straight on til morning :P
Member No.: 143 176

Favorites

to add on, you need to remember to switch to physical or special depending on what you which offensive/defensive stat your pokemon is better at. for example, Alakazam would be better at special, Forretress would be better at offensive
there is no guarentees though. at the end of the day, your opponent depends a lot on the outcome

--------------------
Failure is an option. It's just not recommended these days.

Click me and my friend!

Thank you Ninjaoety!
Prettyful art (click to show)
+Quote Post

Jaysus
post Nov 28 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 020

Active Squad

If only this actually worked, my level 100 Darkrai with 141 IVs just lost to a closterman, that would work because he is a fighting type except it was holding a twistedspoon which makes it act as a psychic type, and its collective ivs was 66....think i'll just use the VS for training now.

EDIT: might be worth mentioning i was using a silk scarf too, which boosts a pokemons abilities whilst maintaining its type

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Nov 28 2011, 09:53 AM
Post #5

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

Items only give you the type's strengths, not weaknesses... Obviously you'll lose when you have a severe type weakness, yup yup.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Jaysus
post Nov 28 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Well then surely if it only gains the strengths it loses its type strength it had to begin with? so it would be a treated as a psychic type? Or does it retain its fighting water type and gain additionally psychic trait?

If it were treated as a psychic it wouldn't have any effect on a dark type since dark is resistant to psychic. I've never really understood the battle item thing tbh I know that fighting is also resistant to dark reducing damage to 1/2 .

I realise that a dark type is weak against fighting by 2x, however type alone isn't the only factor which is what i thought the whole stat thing being included in the VS seeker was going to help. Confused. I'll re-read the help section again to double check but i'm sure i didn't notice anything other then the 2 lines stating;

"Battle Items may be purchased in the Shop, obtained from certain Achievements, and found randomly when hatching an egg. These items can be given to a Pokémon in the Vs. Seeker to affect their battle strategy. Each item represents one of the seventeen Pokémon types."

EDIT: Sorry if i come across as retarded, i think i'm confusing myself more then anything else

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Nov 28 2011, 10:16 AM
Post #7

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Active Squad

It would have all the advantages/disadvantages of its original typing, plus the advantages psychic brings (super-effective on fighting and poison), yup yup.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jaysus
post Nov 28 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

That makes more sense, well thanks for clearing that up xD i reckon i'll be able to use the VS seeker a bit better now since i always thought it changed the types. So essentially i could use a sharp beak and give my darkrai in this case a flying strength. Ok awesome, cheers dude =]

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Nov 28 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #9

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Active Squad

That's exactly right, yup yup.

--------------------

+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Nov 28 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #10

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

so BB basically if you enter a spiritomb or a sableye (i belive thats the other poke with no weakness) they would then stand a greater chance then most to win vs seeker because they have no weakness?

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:44 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.