Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Creepypasta, I am dead serious. (Get the pun?)
Gorgon
post Jul 2 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #81

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 40 638

Dropping the Band

Hey guys. I'm incredibly new to this whole creepypasta thing; the first one I read was just last night at about 10:45- Rainbow Factory. I guess its reputation preceded it, as I wasn't very creeped/disturbed/scared. Today, around noon, I read 'Cupcakes'. Same deal. I just now read Squidward's Suicide and Red Mist- those were a bit more eerie. Perhaps this was due to the pictures included in the article. Still, it wasn't so bad.
I am the girl who sings along with 'Don't hug me I'm Scared', after all.
I'll have to look at some of the Pokémon ones you guys're talking about- the Hypno and Lavender Town ones seem as good a place as any to start. If you've got any ones you think are really scary, post a link to the written form; I'd like to take a look.

--------------------

Clickables (click to show)

About/Random derp (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Jul 4 2013, 11:28 AM
Post #82

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

@Gorgon: Here's a quote of mine with a link to one of the few Poképastas to scare me: Week From Hell. The link is quoted below:

QUOTE(Mars Adept Enten @ Oct 26 2012, 09:24 PM) *
I'm a huge creepypasta enthusiast, and probably the only one that actually scared me was the Poképasta, "Week From Hell". Basically, the author goes through one hell of a fucked-up week (forgive the bad pun.) Since this summary of events is long (and somewhat disturbing and gory, even by creepypasta standards), I'll spoiler it just in case. (Note: The author/OC's gender is not given in the story AFAIK, so you'll see a lot of third-person pronouns and he/she gender indicators.)
Plot summary of WFH (click to show)

Basically, this is a Poképasta that truly lives up to its title. If you feel brave enough to try reading this, the link is http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Week_from_Hell. Please note that I'm in my early 20's at this point (23 to be specific), and something managing to terrify me at that age is quite an accomplishment, when one considers that none of my major fears (parental abandonment, loneliness) show up here. Most of what happens in the story is pretty typical creepypasta stuff (demons, excessive violence, unnerving entities), but the death at the end is what terrifies me the most, because the lady was presumably innocent (although it's hard to say for certain, with the lack of information on her given) of any crime, but was killed by the very author/OC themselves, when they weren't under the control of an evil video game/demon/malevolent extradimensional entity, but acting of their own free will/sense of self-preservation. Normally, if a character in any creepypasta kills another character, there's some malevolent force/entity commandeering them as a puppet/possessing them/any other terrible fate du jour. Not so here. Just an ordinary, average Joe/Jane killing a (presumably innocent) lady in order to stop this infernal ordeal.

Despite the fact that this Poképasta terrifies the living daylights out of me (or maybe because of that), it remains one of my favorite Poképastas/VGpastas. I have my post from another thread on creepypastas that I'll quote below. It has pretty much all my favorite VGpasta/Poképastas listed:
QUOTE(Mars Adept Enten @ Jun 7 2012, 07:31 PM) *
I'm a huge creepypasta fan, mostly of the video game variety. The first one I ever read was the famous 'Haunted Majora's Mask' pasta, and I think that's one of the better ones. Some of my faves in no particular order (but grouped by series of origin)

Haunted Majora's Mask/Zelda series
Link's Awakening/Zelda series
Ocarina of Time 3D/Zelda series (This one isn't about the 3DS port. Moreso an early beta OoT64)
Forest Eternal/Zelda series
AbandonLONLINESS/Pokémon series
Doomwheel Forest/Pokémon series
Easter Egg-Snow on Mt. Silver/Pokémon series
Ghetsis' Bind/Pokémon series
Hell Bell/Pokémon series
Inferno/Pokémon series
Lavender Town Mysteries: Missing Frequencies and Lavender Town Syndrome (LTS)/Pokémon series
Lavender Town Syndrome/Pokémon series (not related to the above except in title)
Lavender Town and Pokémon 731/Pokémon series
N's Rage/Pokémon series
PMD: Explorers of Death V2/Pokémon series
Pokémon Dead Channel/Pokémon series
Pokémon Death Snap/Pokémon series
Pokémon Lost Silver/Pokémon series
Pokémon Plague/Pokémon series
R E B O R N/Pokémon series
Ruins of Alph: Embedded Images and Strangeness/Pokémon series
Sing Meloetta/Pokémon series
Tommy Boy/Pokémon series
Week From Hell/Pokémon series (The Pokémon connection takes place towards the very end; easily one of the more unnerving pastas I've read)
Aura.exe/Original creation
Crystal.HTML/Sonic series
DONTPLAY.exe/Original creation
Genocide City Update/Sonic series
H3LPM3.EXE/Original creation (Warning: this one has some dirty language, so it's NSFW.)
I Wanna Be The Death/I Wanna Be The Guy
IMDEAD.exe/Left 4 Dead series
Kingdom Hearts: The Other Mix/Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix
Life.exe/Original creation
Luna Game/MLP:FiM fangame
MARIO/Mario fangame/romhack
Mario World/Super Mario World
Polybius/Urban legend/Original creation
Shi Ga Matte Iru/Original creation
Sonic.exe/Sonic fangame
Super Mario 64/Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Hhidaka/SSBM
Winds of Regret/Stigmata/Mizu/Original creation

...Yeah, I read a lot of VG creepypastas, I know. sealed.gif

EDIT: I came across this video series on YouTube called Haunted Gaming that is made by SomeOrdinaryGamers. They've done readings/summaries of various video game 'pastas and offer their opinions on whether or not they are plausible. Here's a link to the video on Super Smash Bros. Melee: Hhidaka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7nwDZNkJ7o7 They've also done playthroughs of 'pastas that have been recreated in game form as well. It's highly interesting and I recommend checking them out. cat.gif

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Jul 20 2013, 05:00 PM

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

ThunderFox
post Aug 9 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #83

Energetic eletric fox!
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 096

My Team

Uhm, guys... I have a new favorite creepypasta. 8D

My favorite was Sonic.exe and Easter Egg - Snow on Mt. Silver, but this one takes the cake.

It's NES Godzilla.

Honestly... It scared the heck outta me. x'D It's really freaky. I'd suggest reading it in the daytime. x'D
Didn't get nightmares or anything out of it ( probably because I always tend to dream about good things ) but... It's really really creepy.

If you know it, then you know what I'm talking about xD If you don't... Well, it's a pretty awesome pasta, but REALLY SCARY too. xD

Enjoy~

This post has been edited by ThunderFox: Aug 9 2013, 12:52 PM

--------------------
--- I am the Thunder Fox and this is me living the dream! ---

Shinies and Groups! (click to show)

No one can take you away from me now
Don't worry if they take me away
No one can take you away from me now
Doesn't matter how long we have to wait~ ♥

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 10 2013, 10:47 AM
Post #84

Group Icon

GS Crew

Oh, yeah. I <3 that 'pasta. *brofist* It was that one part in C5 P2, right? wink.gif Yeah, that was pretty freaky. And a word of advice: do not play through Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Fire Temple when reading that part, because of that ending for the mentioned part. irritated.gif I made that mistake, and got pretty jumpy due to some face motifs in that temple looking very similar to that 'incident'.

EDIT: I've actually done some fan sprites of the frostbitten!Pokémon from Easter Egg - Snow on Mt. Silver that I'd like to share with y'all:

This is just a small sampling of the sprites I made based on this 'pasta. I've made all the evolutions of both Blake's Pokémon and Red's Pokémon. If you want to see more, check the "If you could make a Novelty..." thread over in GPX+ Discussion. I had so many sprites, I had to make 2 posts to show them all.

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Jun 4 2015, 12:15 PM

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

ZizanChan
post Aug 16 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #85

Zan the Kraken
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 123

Bring Me the Night

My favorite creepypastas are Slenderman, Rake and Skinwalker ones <3
But my ultimate favorite is A Knock on The Window. One of the few that actually gave me shivers. I didn't read it, though, but I heard it on Mr. Creepypastas youtube channel.

Also I loved Smiledog! Not cause it was creepy, but I actually found it kinda cute! uvu
This is me spreading the word.

--------------------

I might make this part pretty eventually.
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 29 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #86

Group Icon

GS Crew

I found a fairly unnerving creepypasta flash game while looking on TV Tropes: Friendship is 8-bit: Story of the Blanks. Here's the link to the Newgrounds version: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/573755 It's also on dA as well. And here is a link to the work page I found for it: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Vide...toryOfTheBlanks

--------------------

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

VipereaXtheXbago...
post Aug 29 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #87

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 204 343

mysterea

oooo! i love creepypasta! my personal favorites are laughing jack, and lost silver.

--------------------
+Quote Post

MonoSpectator
post Sep 28 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #88

Embodiment of Nightmares
Group Icon

Member No.: 206 807

Nightmares in Heaven

Hey fellow Creepypasta Fans!

I've been looking for some infamous pastas to read. I honestly haven't read that many, but I do like them and would like to read some of the really good ones. So, I figure that this would be a good place to start! Gaming related and non-gaming related pastas are all fine btw ^_^.gif

--------------------

~Come and GET IT one more time, if you want to LOSE your MIND~
I am... (click to show)
My Links (click to show)
Stuff Made For Me! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Oct 5 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #89

Group Icon

GS Crew

@MonoSpectator: I have a quoted post of mine near the beginning of this page that has some of my favorite 'pastas based on video/computer games. Also, checking out the Creepypasta Wikia is a good way to find some nifty 'pastas as well. That's how I found the majority of the 'pastas in my quote. happy.gif

--------------------

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

dragonowl21
post Oct 6 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #90

wordswordswords
Group Icon

Member No.: 170 541

Active Squad

I've read many creepypastas in my time (so more or less I got obsessed with them over the summer) and I think my favourite has to be Week in Hell. But, I have found a Youtuber who, among other things, reads creepypastas and "critiques" them. It's very lax, and actually pretty funny!

Here's his youtube page.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

Eryth
post Oct 6 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #91

Even if I can't see the future, I'll keep walking.
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 202

GHOSTIES

Oh man creepypasta!! I really love creepypasta, mostly when it's about video games. Well, I like reading it anyway, but I always regret doing so at 2am when I can't sleep.

I made a list of my favorite video game ones on my tumblr, though most of the ones there have already been mentioned in this thread. A non-video game one that I find really interesting is Candle Cove.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Dec 28 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #92

Group Icon

GS Crew

I found this blood-chiller on the Creepypasta Wikia: I HATE YOU. Even knowing that this is a fake, it still unnerves the Hell outta me. *blanches in horror*
Basically, it's one of those 'hidden levels' VGpastas, but the titular level gets really freaky, really fast. Just... go read it for yourself. It's hard to sum up in a post like this. I'll try my best, though.

I HATE YOU summary (click to show)

As you can probably tell, this is quite the unnerving 'pasta.

EDIT: Here's a good Poképasta I just came upon today: Forever Mine. And a summary:
Forever Mine summary (click to show)

I kind of want to make a sprite edit of Skymin to make it look like the one in the 'pasta. o3o.gif

EDIT 2: Another good VGpasta I just finished reading: ChooseYourAdventure.exe (don't be fooled by the 'pasta title, it's not about those old-school "CYOA" books, moreso a precognizant computer game.)
ChooseYourAdventure.exe summary (click to show)

I like this story because of the whole "game eventually affects reality" trope going on. Really ups the Paranoia Fuel IMO. smile.gif And even though it'd be suicidal playing it, I still would like to know what the game felt my future would be like. ^_^.gif

EDIT 3: A fairly-unnerving 'pasta that intrigued me just from the name alone that I found recently is the 'pasta Misfortune.gb

It's basically a 'hidden game-within-a-game' 'pasta about an entity highly implied to be a (or the) devil 'testing' the PC. It's got all the typical 'suicidal tendencies in losing players' clichés going on, with any victors not being any worse for the wear. What I find interesting about this 'pasta is how it's formatted. It's done in the style of an informational page, rather than first-hand narration.

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Jan 11 2014, 11:13 PM

--------------------

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Feb 24 2014, 02:01 PM
Post #93

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

I've read so many. BEN creeped me out yet I was fascinated about it. Soon, I wasn't scared of it and I actually enjoyed talking to Cleverbot(who is BEN btw). I've read Blue Tears, Strangled Red, Audino Wants To Play, SONIC.exe, Fire Rapidash, Creepy Black, Snow on Mt. Silver, Buried Alive, Platinum, The Curse of Giratina, Lost Silver, Glitchlett, Come Follow Me, White Ditto, CRUSHED, Hypno's Lullaby, Lavender Town Syndrome (LTS), Old Chateau - Uncut Version, PMD: Explorers of Death, Pokemon Dead Channel, Prevention of Eeveelution, Halo 3: Half Flood - The Special Gift, Jvk1166z.esp, Squidward's Suicide, Tails Doll, Nurse Joy, Escape from Lavender Town, An Oblivion Mod, Conker's Worst Fur Day, It's Watching, NOODLES, and more that I can't think of.
Oh, and one more thing.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

This post has been edited by The Majestic Mr L: Feb 28 2014, 12:10 PM

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Jun 9 2015, 03:49 PM
Post #94

Group Icon

GS Crew

I was just browsing on the Creepypasta Wikia and found this story: Abaddon Tenebrae I guess it's because it has religious elements in it, but I thought that this was an engaging pasta. A spoilered summary will be below, with the story separated into parts:

Abaddon Tenebrae summary (click to show)

As you can see, this is QUITE a long pasta, but it's quite the engaging one if you're knowledgeable about Judeo-Christian lore. I actually went to the trouble of calculating what my "first number" would be and got 9,650 to the exact date I make this post.

EDIT: Some time has passed since I made this post, and I found another interesting 'pasta that's not video-game related: Necrosleep. However, this pasta is very unpleasant, to put it lightly. I'm not going to post a synopsis of it. The reason will become apparent when you get to the end. All I'll say is that cannibalism of both a person and a pet is involved. And there's several devil.gif Satanic clichés, but that's nothing compared to the cannibalism. x_x.gif

Note: If you look at the comments section for a few of the pastas I have linked here, you might see some from a 'Demon Adept Enten', which would be yours truly. nod.gif

EDIT 2: I've been on the Creepypasta Wikia again and remembered this Poképasta: Glitchy Red. It's basically about a weird copy of Red Version that apparently has the character Red display some rather unsettling self-awareness, and dicking around with the narrator. NOTE: There's some bad language, albeit censored. So just be warned if you're sensitive to that kind of thing. Also, this is one of the 'pastas I have a comment on. It's a pretty long one, but I raise some interesting points in it.[/selfpromotion]

EDIT 3: And I regret having to say this, but toonwriter's 'pasta, "Nightmare in Kanto" has now been featured on SomeOrdinaryGamers' Trollpasta video series, as well as being featured on the Trollpasta Wikia.
Link to SOG's Trollpasta video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOizXUDP-bE
Link to Trollpasta Wikia's page on this: http://trollpasta.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_in_Kanto

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Oct 8 2016, 05:14 PM

--------------------

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:18 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.