Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Women in Combat Roles, Should women be allowed in combat?
Natasha Romanoff
post Feb 24 2015, 02:24 PM
Post #1

I only act like I know everything.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 38 923

Antimatter

A simple question that can be quite difficult to answer. Surprised it hasn't showed up in the forums around here, with the variety of topics available in the debate section.

I'll start by listing a few of the pros and cons of the issue, and hand the mic over to you all, so to speak, to continue the list and/or debate your pov.

Common Reasons Listed for Why Women Should Be Allowed in Combat:
1.) If a woman wants to serve her country on the front-lines, so to speak, why deny her that right?
2.) A woman in a combat zone may be able to speak to local women and children in order to collect counterinsurgency information that her male counterpart would not otherwise be able to do because of local customs. I should add that the women who perform these roles are often attached to combat units are not usually a part of them.

Common Reasons Listed for Why Women Shouldn't Be Allowed in Combat:
1.) Men are physically, on average, much stronger than women. How likely is it that a woman is capable of carrying 100+ pounds of gear while running for several miles (not to mention carrying a wounded soldier)?
2.) Women can become a distraction in a combat situation.

Just for the record, I'm talking about equal combat roles, where women and men would fight side-by-side. Unequal combat roles are a whole 'nother can of worms.

Debate away!

EDIT: Because I can't type.

This post has been edited by Candidate Psyduck: Feb 24 2015, 06:43 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:36 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.