Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Breed Specific Legislation, AKA "The Pitbull Ban"
Podz
post Oct 9 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #41

Pokemon Hatcher ~ Savior
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 47 385

Drift

Pitbulls ?

- Pitbulls , people say they are vicious dogs that shread people into tiny strands and eat em for dinner . That is true to seome extent . But no dog is naturally vicious unless they are a cross breed and are sometimes snappy but not vicious , as people have stated , if a dog is raised to fight and attack it will know nothing better than to fight , but if a dog is raised with love and care and treated fairly , the dog will treat you with respect.

- False identification in newspapers . I must say you are correct . I had to study a newspaper article of our choice from our local newspaper and since I have a love of dogs I picked one based around dog fights . I interviewed some local newspaper workers and found out that its not much pitbulls but other dogs , such as boxers and other big dogs . Dog fights are wrong (Lemme just make that clear)

-But to sum everything I have said up ,
Bad Owners = Bad Dogs
Good Ownders = Good Dogs
Newspapers ? Can Be A Load Of Bull

--------------------
PODZ !

AMAZING LINKS,
pokemon anrui!

BE JEALOUS OF MY LONG TERM HIATUS!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

monkfishlover
post Jul 17 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 921

Active Squad

I think that breed-specific legislation is a really stupid idea. It would only encourage people to breed pit-bulls, etc, "underground" or where they won't be caught.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jul 18 2010, 12:18 AM
Post #43

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

Anyone see that new show on animal planet "Pit Boss"?
I watch it on my breaks at work, and everyone in the room is like 'fuck yeah little dude'
We work for Target. Our baby mascot, Bullseye, is a Bulldog mix, and as Bulldogs are often lumped in or misidentified as 'pit bulls' we rally around them as adorable dogs.

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

AnimeWolf
post Jul 19 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #44

Anime and Wolves <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 614

Awesomewafflez

All points you made are true and I agree. People don't take the time to understand something. They listen to the media and decide it's true because it's broadcast worldwide and believed to be true. Unless trained forcibly by cruel people to do things like fight other dogs, they're the same as any other breed.

--------------------
Follow this wolf to my party. ^^

I am Wolfwing, former warrior and medicine cat of Nightclan! So like...rawr and stuff. cat.gif
Groups, Credits, and Claims XD (click to show)
♫~99.8% of anime fans are obsessing over Naruto. If you are the last few of the clan who can think up three better animes than this, copy and paste this into your signature.
+Quote Post

Amethyst Angel
post Jul 23 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #45

Just another bored teenager with crystal wings
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 506

Eeveelution tribe

I don't believe that pit bulls are inheirently violent and worthy of being banned, though they are riskier to have around than some other breeds. Of course, the same goes for Rottweilers, German Shepherds, and some other large breeds, but they aren't banned.
If you train a puppy from birth not to be aggressive, it won't be, no matter what breed it is. Fighting dogs are bred and trained to be as aggressive as possible. Of course any dog that has to suffer that will be aggressive! There are a few pit bull-mixes at my local shelter, and to be adoptable, they can't be aggressive.

If pit bulls were inheirently aggressive enough to warrant an all out ban, then why are so many so sweet and gentle enough to be a family pet?

--------------------
Now, for my various adoptables from around the internet!

GPX+:

My shinies (click to show)

Magistream:

+Quote Post

roygbiv
post Jan 2 2011, 03:55 PM
Post #46

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 125 915

hg team

bsl is stupid people who do horrible things to pitbulls should go to jail for life pitbulls are innocent loving dogs why wouldnt people love them news reporters never tell the whole story they dont tell how the dogs were treated

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:45 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.