Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Days in the Arcade v. 2.0, (Repost) A WiR based RP. No spoilers! Closed now, sorry!
Huntress Wizard
post Apr 11 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #1

C'mon, grab your friends!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 102 033

PANE: Roxxy Mauden

A quick note: if you've already signed up for this RP, you DO NOT need to repost your profile. Unless, of course, you wish to edit something for any reason: then just post the edited section and I'll pop it in your profile. This is just for my convenience, since I am taking over the RP from FLOABN. Now, without further ado...
~~~~~~~~

Owl City - When Can I See You Again

When can we do this again?
When can I see you again?

Ah, the arcade. You might have fond memories of that place of old games, and many are making new memories with the more recent that have come. However, what you probably are unaware of (and for good reason) is what happens after the arcade closes, and all the games are left on... The games come alive- Actually, no, they were always alive, just doing their daily jobs in the machines, whether it be the playable protagonist, the antagonist going against them, or even the background characters who might play a role in giving power-ups or points. However, mind you, not all characters act as they do in the game, similar traits, yes, but the sadistic doctor that hates the protagonist while you're playing the game is probably not all that mean. Hopefully. The same goes for the 'good' characters, not everyone has to follow their programming exactly, after all.

Anyways, out of all the arcades that this occurs, and on a daily basis no less, we'll be paying attention to the FuNight Arcade, which happens to house quite a lot of old and new games. Perhaps they might go out of their games and hop to others after-hours, though certainly never in the daylight hours unless it's a 'holiday'; or when the arcade is closed for a (few) day(s). Jumping from game to game during when the arcade is open is called 'Game Jumping', and is very, very discouraged. Inside each game is a world, and believe me, more often than not there's more than what's shown beyond the screen. However, there's also the dummied out stages and characters, along with glitches. These are sparsely talked about, mind you, as they're very frighting for to see (even more so when experienced), and there's rarely ever talk about the dummied out characters, most are unaware of their existence since they stay hidden away from the other characters and are unable to leave their own game. It's also important to mention that characters in their own games can re-spawn from death, but dying in other games can just kills them. Permanently. Granted, it's not something that many really take consideration of, but it's still something to be wary about.

How are they all connected, you ask? How can they possibly visit each other? It's all because of a power-outlet that all the games are plugged into, or rather, Game Central Station as the characters know it as. It's a rather clean-looking place that has gateways to all sorts of games, from the classics to the new-comers. As soon as the after-hours start to end, all of the characters hurry to their respective games.

Now, if a game is deemed... 'Out of Order', with a piece of paper taped on it, it risks being unplugged. Most manage to get themselves out of this, but what if they don't? ... Then they're unplugged, removing them from Game Central Station and also presumably killing the characters that are inside the game, the ones inside Game Central Station when it happens are left homeless.

There's also the coding, a very fragile system that can wreck a character, or even an entire world. Most tend to not mess with it for good reason, and usually the coding of a game can only accessed with a certain code...

Just like us, characters often have to deal with prejudices, fights, drama...You know, the works. Some ingrained in coding, and some just happen to come as time goes on.

It's been fun but now I've got to go
Life is way too short to take it slow
But before I go and hit the road
I gotta know, 'til then,
when can we do this again?

Events:

Glitch Rebellion:

Tired of being treated like lesser characters, several of the glitch-characters have now formed a rebellion of sorts that is led by a cloaked individual, whom no one can really place as being from even the most unpopular games.

Game Cabinet (click to show)

Da Rules
1. You can, of course, have violence and love, but please keep it GPS+ appropriate.
2. Unlimited characters.~
A. You can play video game characters such as Sonic, Mario, ect., even those that don't have an arcade game, just make up a suitable one for them.
B. To keep this spoiler-free due to the movie still just being out, you can't play any characters exclusive to WiR, such as Ralph and Felix. If you really want to play them, then just create similar versions, but be careful to not spoil anything.
C. If you have want more than one character, you only need to give me one RP Sample.
3. NO GODMODDING! This means:
A. Controlling a character that isn't yours.
B. No auto-hitting, meaning that you can't have your character's attacks automatically connect, or hit another character. Like for example, you can't have this:
Nichole hit Sandy in the lower left jaw.
But rather, have this:
Nichole threw a punch at Sandy, aiming for the lower left jaw.
C. Making your character all powerful to the point of where they can't be beaten. The exception to this is if they're going against a character weaker than they are or are supposed to be powerful for plot reasons and other things like that. I know that some video game characters are very powerful, but even they have weaknesses!
D. Making your character know everything.
E. There are some other exceptions though, just ask if you really want to do something that might be godmodding and I'll say if it's okay or not.
4. Please make at least 3-4 lines in each post, though if you really can't think of anything and you've run out of material, then 1-2 lines is fine once in awhile, though if you do too many I'll warn you.
5. Use proper grammar and spelling. Little mistakes are okay, since I make those kinds of mistakes all the time. However posts like
'hi jake' lisa said
Are not allowed.
6. Also, please RP like this:
Bob was walking down the hallway and saw Kay, "How are you Kay?" he asked her.
Do not RP like this:
*bob walks down the hallway*
Bob:Hi kay!

Or this:
-Walks down hallway-
Or any RPing like that in general, unless it's OOC.
7. No killing others characters without permission- Even within their own game.
8. And no chat or 'l337 speak' either. You know better. >:I
9. Remove the brackets to be accepted.~
10. When talking OOC while RPing, please use something to differentiate between the OOC and the RPing, like brackets for example.
11. I reserve the right to kick you out if I feel so inclined. I am a merciful goddess, but I do have my limits.

About Game-jumping (click to show)

Form Outline: (click to show)

Forms are now located in my next post.

This post has been edited by Huntress Wizard: Jul 25 2013, 07:15 AM

--------------------

~~~~~

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Gorgon
post Apr 11 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #2

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 638

Dropping the Band

Thank you for the preemptive spoiler~
I'll have my forms up soon; Monday by the latest (Sorry if this is really late!).

I apologize in advance for everything this guy is going to do (click to show)

This guy just don't get enough love (click to show)

...Here's what I have so far, just for posterity.

This post has been edited by Gorgon: Apr 19 2013, 10:30 AM

--------------------

Clickables (click to show)

About/Random derp (click to show)
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Apr 11 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Right, since the first post is getting too massive, this is where I'm parking all the forms.

Wes (For Lack of a Better Name (click to show)

Talonstrike (Huntress Wizard) (click to show)

Oracle Turret (Huntress Wizard) (click to show)

Leonard (The Shadow) (click to show)

Luke Spexus (Blazikid) (click to show)

Lizardman/Aeon Calcos (SilverPuppy9) (click to show)

Heinz Lehrer (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

Ivan Avataikin (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

Tavish DeGroot (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

David Mittel (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

Dell Conahger (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

John Doe (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

Dae (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

Wallace Mundy (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

Resse Conteur (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

Waluigi (Mister Blah) (click to show)

Deadpool (Gorgon) (click to show)

Colress (Gorgon) (click to show)

Treyvon Hitchens (Gorgon) (click to show)

White (Gorgon) (click to show)

Yurnero (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

Sven (Heinz Lehrer) (click to show)

A pox on image limits! *shakes fist*

This post has been edited by Huntress Wizard: Jun 15 2013, 04:29 PM

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Apr 12 2013, 03:13 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

I'll be back I and more active in this one! I promise!

Let's get started lion.gif

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fiery Glaceon
post Apr 12 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #5

I, IZ, MEOW!!!!!
Group Icon

From: Im currently playing soul silver so... I'm in Johto?
Member No.: 192 778

DA BEST TEAM EVAH!!!

OH MA GAWD I LOVE WRECK IT RALPH!!!!!!!!!!!!! * blows up *
Can i use my conic fan character? She won't be playable because she is a glitch...

--------------------
S-U-G-A-R!
Jump into your racing car say, SUGAR RUSH!
SUGAR RUSH!!!!

Seriously, do it or die...
XD
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Apr 13 2013, 08:08 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Conic? Did you mean Sonic? Unless there's some sort of book series out there all about the adventures of hyperbolas, ha ha ha. grin.gif

I don't see why you can't play an unplayable character: we usually skip the in-game hours anyway. Just post a sign-up, and I'll take a look at it.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Gorgon
post Apr 13 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #7

Elite Four
Group Icon

Dropping the Band

I've finished Deadpool. Colress is in the process.
COLRESS
Y U SO UNDESCRIBED IN CANON

--------------------

+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Apr 13 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Deadpool is accepted. And also amazing.

I like Colress. He wants science to be free of ethical, cultural, and political barriers.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Fiery Glaceon
post Apr 13 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #9

I, IZ, MEOW!!!!!
Group Icon

DA BEST TEAM EVAH!!!

Name: Darkness
Species: Mobian Hedgehog, she is also technically an alien due to supposedly being related to black doom
Age: looks 15, said to be about 50 but you don't age in suspended animation so i don't know how that makes any sense XD
Sexuality: Straight
Game they're from: Sonic adventure 2 battle
Occupation/Class: Glitch character
Powers/Abilities: She can use any power shadow can in the game - so she can basically 'skate' quite fast, homing attack, light dash, spin dash and... I don't know what else, i don't have the freaking game!!! - plus she can go through walls due to being a glitch
Weapon(s)/Equipment: none, unless a glitched-out 8th chaos emerald counts
Appearance: Pure black fur, Grey streaks at the bottom of her hair in the shape of thin diamonds, a fringe that covers half of her right eye and the fringe is grey, sapphire blue eyes, spikes on back point up, has arm and leg streaks like shadow but grey, and has the triangle shape thing at the corner of her eye like shadow but grey, She wears a grey track suit set, the track pants have white stripes on them and her track top is actually a hoodie, and her clothes are long and baggy, her shoes are the same model as shadows, but the red on his are grey on hers, but, she also wears regular white tie up sneakers in certain areas, she also has the same type of gloves as shadow, her breasts are about the same size as rouge's, but she wants to believe it is just a pixeling mistake.
Other Appearances: When she goes into an inaccessible area, or at random, she glitches out: some parts of her flash different colours, some parts of her go kinda static like, and other parts of her go all pixely..
Alignment: Good
Personality: She is quite shy and prefers to stay hidden inside her game, but on the trapped inside, she is short tempered but bubbly, and forgetful, but not very friendly, since she doesn't trust very many people
Bio: She thinks she is a glitch character and doesn't want to crash the game, because she is almost the same as shadow, she believes she was a scrapped character replaced by shadow, but not scraped completely (like honey the cat from sonic the fighters). She is playable, but she cant be played unless someone HAX TO DA MAX on the game somehow XD
Game bio: It is said to be possibly the best 3D sonic game to date so far, i personally do not own the game, so i cant tell you much about it, but eggface (XD) finds shadow in suspended animation and orders him to get the chaos emeralds to kill sonic, while that is happening, knuckles shatters the master emerald to prevent it from being stolen by rouge, then the two work together to fix it again... and i have no idea why tails and egg man go around in the bottom half of robot bodies shooting stuff. after all that stuff, this huge dino thing called biohazard attacks, sonic and shadow go super, and beat it, but shadow somehow plummets back down to earth and 'dies' .... HEY, LOOK IT UP IF YOU WANT MORE DETAIL!!!!!!
Theme Song: If it was in the game, it would be what I'm made of from sonic heroes. Just search it up on youtube, and it is the final boss theme for sonic heroes...
Relationships: No one knows her, but she thinks she is linked to shadow somehow...
Crush/Romantic Relationships: She has a slight crush on sonic because of his personality and bravery, and if she could, she would beat the HELL out of Amy Rose XD
Other: If someone manages to play as her, she has complete animations, but she causes the music to be scrambled and out of pitch and tune, or she will cause the first five seconds of the song to repeat over and over, she lives in a deleted training stage for what appears to be tails or egg man.

Well, i usually role play with script buuuuut.....
Darkness wandered around, looking around her home for probably the fifty billionth time. She sighed and looked at the ground. "I wish i wasn't a glitch, so i could explore this place without getting into trouble..." She said, and sighed once more. All she could do in this area was wander around and jump on high ledges, since it was unfinished and scrapped, and the textures usually glitched to a white or grey. But she was used to it. She wall-jumped up to one of the high ledges, to see if she could see any areas past her scraped one... None, she was too far away, she sighed once more and sniffled. "I will never be happy." She said, and a single tear dripped onto the currently gltiching-out ground, and it was followed by a few more.

This post has been edited by Fiery Glaceon: Apr 15 2013, 05:12 AM

--------------------
S-U-G-A-R!
SUGAR RUSH!!!!

XD
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Apr 14 2013, 05:36 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Fiery Glaceon - It looks good so far, but you're missing a few things. First, under "Bio" you should put some general information about the game itself. And second, where is your RP Sample? Finally, if it's not too much trouble, could you put an actual link to the theme song, please? Other than that, your form looks good.

Gorgon - No, you don't need to put up another RP Sample. Actually, I should probably add that to Da Rules...

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

BigDemoband
post Apr 14 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #11

Kiss all aliens 2k21
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 839

Party Rockers

*cringes*

Gute Gott, how long has it been? My sincerest apologies, mein freund. I didn't have much time to work on the RP between work and... well, other work, but everything seems to be clear skies for now until the summer.

Then?

I'm not sure. Perhaps I'll get a break.
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Apr 14 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

'Tis fine, Heinz. Just post whenever it's convenient for you. happy.gif

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Apr 14 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #13

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

Yup Heinz. I am stuck reading your posts in a German accent only.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Fiery Glaceon
post Apr 14 2013, 09:02 PM
Post #14

I, IZ, MEOW!!!!!
Group Icon

DA BEST TEAM EVAH!!!

I edited my Forum...

--------------------
S-U-G-A-R!
SUGAR RUSH!!!!

XD
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Apr 15 2013, 04:37 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Almost there. In the Powers/Abilities section, can you please elaborate on what you mean by "any power shadow can in the game?" I'm afraid I'm just not knowledgeable enough about the Sonic universe to know what that entails...

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Fiery Glaceon
post Apr 15 2013, 07:24 AM
Post #16

I, IZ, MEOW!!!!!
Group Icon

DA BEST TEAM EVAH!!!

Well, i only got to watch my cousin play it for a few minutes when i was 6 and i don't have the game, so I'm only posting what i know of it, and i edited it once again.

--------------------
S-U-G-A-R!
SUGAR RUSH!!!!

XD
+Quote Post

Gorgon
post Apr 15 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #17

Elite Four
Group Icon

Dropping the Band

Ah, excellent. *rubs hands* Now then, let's see if I can't work my magic here...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fiery Glaceon
post Apr 15 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #18

I, IZ, MEOW!!!!!
Group Icon

DA BEST TEAM EVAH!!!

Wh-what magic??!?! ARE YOU GOING TO TURN ME INTO A CAT?!?!?

--------------------
S-U-G-A-R!
SUGAR RUSH!!!!

XD
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Apr 15 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

All right, Fiery Glaceon, you're accepted. I'll add you in a minute or two.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

BigDemoband
post Apr 15 2013, 05:23 PM
Post #20

Kiss all aliens 2k21
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 839

Party Rockers

QUOTE(Mister Blah @ Apr 14 2013, 01:39 PM) *
Yup Heinz. I am stuck reading your posts in a German accent only.

Heh. Well, it is my native accent, I suppose.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:34 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.