Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Holiday Events
Zerxer
post Dec 18 2019, 03:57 PM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

It's December once more! Time for some events! Gosh, I feel like time moves so much more quickly when I'm responsible for creating this December thread every year. Didn't I just do this?! oh.gif

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season and end of not only 2019, but of the 2010s decade! Wow. Be sure to take some time to reflect back on this decade as a whole: who you were, who you've become, and how you hope to improve in the coming decade.

Me? I had just left my teen years, ended the only life I ever knew in Pennsylvania and started a new life in Texas in a new relationship with Jen, and over the decade, I grew a lot as a person and started a new job that I love. I've now left my 20s and I am sure this upcoming decade has a lot in store. In fact, this coming February, Jen and I are finally getting married. happy.gif Starting the decade off right!

Alright, here are the events!

The Hanukkah event
  • Begins: Thursday, December 19th at 11:55pm EST (site reset), which is three nights before Hanukkah begins.
  • Ends: Tuesday, December 31st at 11:55pm EST (site reset), which is one night after Hanukkah ends.
We're again bringing back our Hanukkah event. In the past we've given 1 Coin for every egg hatched that met that year's theme. Previous years have included: Fire-types (lighting of candles theme), Generation 1 Pokémon (a nostalgia theme), and Generation 3 Pokémon (Pokémon GO theme).

This year, the hot news is the release of Sword and Shield. However, with these games came the sad news that not every Pokémon from previous games would be available in the Galar region... So we'd like to honor some of the Pokémon that are not yet available in Galar. There are actually quite a lot, so I've limited it to only Common types:

List of Common Pokémon not available in Galar (click to show)

You'll receive 1 coin for every Pokémon egg you hatch from the above list. If there are multiple forms, they're all included. You'll also earn 20 coins for completing a daily Scavenger Hunt task. These coins are completely separate from all other currencies on the site and are used to determine the prizes you win in the end (as well as for Spinning the Dreidel).

Additional information on the Hanukkah event (click to show)

Scavenger Hunt
This month's Scavenger Hunt has already begun and will run through the rest of the month, but you'll only earn 20 coins for completing a task once the Hanukkah event starts (see above start date and time).

Explorations
The two Christmas explorations, "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and "Secret of Christmas", have been activated and will run through the end of the month.

Secret Santa Exchange
Deposits will be open sometime on Sunday the 22nd and will last thru Wednesday the 25th, with the exchange itself happening after reset. I will post additional information around that time, but it'll work about the same as previous years.

New Year's Raffle
This will work the same as it did previous years: you'll have a day to be as active as possible, and for every 2020 points of Activity Score earned, you'll get one entry. We'll then distribute a certain number of vouchers for a new Pokémon, and you'll have a chance to get one based on the number of entries you earned. I'll post more information about this later, as always.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Dec 18 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #2

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

In fact, this coming February, Jen and I are finally getting married. :happy: Starting the decade off right!

On Velentine's Day, right? Right!?

Well, happy holidays - and thanks for sticking with the site for so long. Hope it's still bringing you joy. I know it is for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 18 2019, 04:25 PM
Post #3

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Dec 18 2019, 03:15 PM) *
In fact, this coming February, Jen and I are finally getting married. :happy: Starting the decade off right!

On Velentine's Day, right? Right!?

Haha nope, about a week after that. It's a bit of a vanity date but also happened to be the day we first chatted.

Valentine's Day will remain GPX's anniversary!

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Dec 18 2019, 05:58 PM
Post #4

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Thank you for all the Site Events, Zerxer!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding with Jen! :]

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 18 2019, 09:39 PM
Post #5

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Those are some really cool looking site events! Looks like imma be on GPX a lot during the holiday period

As for reflection... there's not really much to reflect on I'd say.
I'm still the same old me, I'm still quirky, get excited over really small stuff.
There's still things I agree with, still things I disagree with

I just hope I can enjoy these current times for the rest of my life. The way things are now they're good.
I'm going places, made a couple new friends and I'm doing the things I've always wanted to do but never could before cause of ideas which were pushed onto me by relatives and old acquaintances.

I'm having a good time now and I'm grateful for that. and just because I'm not doing life by the books doesn't make it NG
This is the way I want to live my life. Fighting for what I think is good for me and reaching my own goals independently.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Dec 19 2019, 01:05 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

For my own sanity, and probably others' as well. I want a line separated list of the pokemon for the event. Instead of just making it for myself, I'm posting it here.
List (click to show)

I'm looking forward to participating in this event. These are best times of gpx. happy.gif

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Vande
post Dec 19 2019, 02:07 PM
Post #7

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

Congrats of getting married in Feb to both of you!!!

This year I got my promotion!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Manchee
post Dec 19 2019, 10:19 PM
Post #8

extra toasty
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 809

my Hoenn favorites

I'm on task 4 of Secret of Christmas and it gave me 2 farfetchd in my party? Can that be fixed or did I glitch something out?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 20 2019, 12:10 AM
Post #9

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Manchee @ Dec 19 2019, 09:19 PM) *
I'm on task 4 of Secret of Christmas and it gave me 2 farfetchd in my party? Can that be fixed or did I glitch something out?

Whoops, that's interesting. I've removed the one.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Manchee
post Dec 20 2019, 12:39 AM
Post #10

extra toasty
Group Icon

my Hoenn favorites

Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post

jeanmichel
post Dec 20 2019, 05:37 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 99 852

Active Squad

Hey!

I would advice against spinning the dreidel for profit as the expected value is 0.875, ie a loss. But if you don't care much about losing more than winning, then spin for fun!

Happy holidays everyone!

This post has been edited by jeanmichel: Dec 20 2019, 05:40 AM
+Quote Post

Manchee
post Dec 20 2019, 12:58 PM
Post #12

extra toasty
Group Icon

my Hoenn favorites

Is the item to get Dreident going to be available at all during this time? That's one Novelty release that I missed while I was away at college and haven't been able to get since becoming active again ;;

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 20 2019, 03:07 PM
Post #13

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(jeanmichel @ Dec 20 2019, 04:37 AM) *
Hey!

I would advice against spinning the dreidel for profit as the expected value is 0.875, ie a loss. But if you don't care much about losing more than winning, then spin for fun!

Happy holidays everyone!

It's not a 25% chance for each of the sides. I've actually weighted them.

I sent all the odds of each spin to Raven and we crunched the numbers and it's more like an expected value of 1.20

@Manchee -- one of the prizes for Coins is always a handful of Scratch Cards, and you can get a Dreidel from that. I'll see if we want to put it in the shop at all too though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The quiet wolf
post Dec 21 2019, 12:31 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 80 437

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season and end of not only 2019, but of the 2010s decade! Wow. Be sure to take some time to reflect back on this decade as a whole: who you were, who you've become, and how you hope to improve in the coming decade.

Zerxer, I just logged in for the first time in like 3 years, in a down moment personally, this kicked my ass, in a good way.

In fact, this coming February, Jen and I are finally getting married.

Congratulations to you both!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Dec 21 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #15

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 18 2019, 02:57 PM) *
You'll receive 1 coin for every Pokémon egg you hatch from the above list. If there are multiple forms, they're all included.

It doesn't seem like Alolan forms of the Pokemon are included. I've hatched Alolan Geodude and Alolan Grimer, but haven't gotten coins from them. Was that intentional to exclude them?

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

jeanmichel
post Dec 22 2019, 12:19 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 99 852

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 20 2019, 09:07 PM) *
QUOTE(jeanmichel @ Dec 20 2019, 04:37 AM) *
Hey!

Happy holidays everyone!

It's not a 25% chance for each of the sides. I've actually weighted them.

I sent all the odds of each spin to Raven and we crunched the numbers and it's more like an expected value of 1.20

@Manchee -- one of the prizes for Coins is always a handful of Scratch Cards, and you can get a Dreidel from that. I'll see if we want to put it in the shop at all too though.

Oh, thank you for the info!

I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!

+Quote Post

Darky
post Dec 22 2019, 01:22 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

I think I won't be getting tons of coins - I lose more, than I winX) but this is still so fun=)
+Quote Post

Myou
post Dec 22 2019, 07:57 PM
Post #18

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

I find my luck generally sucks with luck-based games, so I'll probably just stick with hatching eggs for coins seeing as I have vacation time and all; still glad this was brought back though, I'm going to see if I can get myself up into one of the good tiers like I did last time~

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tallamar
post Dec 23 2019, 02:17 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 754

Active Squad

Depositing Pokemon for the Secret Exchange doesn't seem to be enabled...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 23 2019, 11:32 AM
Post #20

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

Sorry all, forgot to enable it yesterday.

You are now able to deposit a Pokémon to the Secret Santa Exchange!

Reminder that you can only submit ONE and it'll be reverted to an egg and no longer be yours.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:35 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.