Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Divide and Conquer, OR "Can't See the Forest While You Flee!"
Master Houndoom
post Apr 4 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

It has begun! (click to show)

"And then, Jaima's mother comes home, and no one's there. Well, she's in a towering fury, she says, but she goes out to the back yard, and there they are, with a blanket draped over the clothesline, roasting marshmallows over Ember's behind!"

Tuesday and Meiko burst into fits of girlish laughter, and Jaima smiled, slightly flushed. Darryn also smiled, almost a smirk. "I've heard that before."

Meiko grinned at him, then back at Jaima, winking and pointing at him. Jaima raised a brow, then gave a smirk of his own.

"Well, this one is new to you. It's Meiko's 8th birthday, and it's supposed to be a surprise party..."

Meiko gasped. "Noooooo," she wailed, reaching for Jaima, who dodged nimbly.

The story never actually got told, but things were learned by the traveling companions. For example, Tuesday and Darryn learned that Jaima was actually ticklish, and that Meiko knew where, and vice versa. Meiko and Jaima learned that one should not get into a tickle war while there was a certain mischievous riolu around.

No one understood exactly how it happened, or where Zorro had gotten the rope, but before it could be stopped, Jaima and Meiko had ended up with their hands tied behind the other's back, facing each other, wide eyed and blinking in surprise.

With a laugh, Tuesday scolded Zorro, Darryn moved to untie the pair, and Meiko took the opportunity to drop a kiss on Jaima's nose.

The camp was set up with now expected efficiency, and supper had been eaten. The four trainers lounged around the fire, sleepy eyed, several pokemon (several being twenty, but no one was counting) lounging in different groups, and smiling. The previous leg of their journey, which had ended with the group taking refuge with Tuesday's uncle, had provided a time of rejuvenation, and the group had fallen into a kind of contentment that was the aim of many people, the kind of contentment one would love to look back in their life and say they could feel for the majority of it. The kind of contentment that, usually, preceded a storm or quake.

There was talking, and laughter, and soon the wishes of good nights. The morning would bring more travel, and perhaps a practice battle, but for now, sleep was called for.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 4 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

“Es a hole in el bucket, el bucket, el bucket. Es a hole in el bucket, el hermano, a hole!”

Tempest groaned loudly as Zorro started singing (badly in her opinion), as he walked across the branch of a tree. She rolled over onto her back from where she had been curled up and glared at him, but when she opened her mouth to yell at him, she hesitated.

Blue had said something about her being too rash and too prone to just looking at him and not taking into account the others’ reactions to his antics. Although she hated the idea of being wrong in that he was so incredibly childish and annoying… she respected Blue Crest.

So she just watched. Zorro actually stopped singing not long after that, his steady paws carrying him across the tree branch without fear of falling. His eyes scanned the area and Tempest watched as his gaze narrowed and he seemed to study the world around them.

Is he… scouting?

“He’s making sure there isn’t any threat, since last time.”

Tempest’s ears twitched at Mercury’s mental analysis. I thought he had simply gotten over it, she admitted. Zorro certainly hadn’t seemed as though he was bothered at all by all that occurred, and it had annoyed Tempest. Tuesday had been so distraught…

“Zorro is, apparently, much better at hiding things than one would originally have thought. Think on that, Tempest.” Tempest curled up again as she felt Mercury’s connection to her mind pull away. As she watched Zorro continue to study the area, she had to admit that, whether or not she wanted to, she would think on it.

It was funny, though. As she closed her eyes and felt sleep begin to take her away, she realized that she felt a lot safer with him near.

Not that she’d ever tell him that.

~*~

Fire-type pokemon are weak to ground, rock, and water-type pokemon, Tuesday recited internally, her eyes staring at the ceiling of her tent. Contrarily, grass-type pokemon are weak to flying, poison, bug, fire, and ice-type pokemon. Psychic-type pokemon are weak to bug, ghost, and dark-type pokemon. Tuesday sighed, then groaned softly in annoyance and rolled over. It wasn’t helping; she still couldn’t keep from thinking about Brone, and about Eowyn, who she left with DeBrody only just after hatching. It didn’t seem right. Yes, she had registered a pokeball with the albino eevee so that DeBrody could send her over the poke-transmitter, but it just didn’t seem right…

Lying there, staring at the wall, Tuesday thought for a while, and then tried to “reach out” to Cassandra, as Brone said he often did. She didn’t quite know how, so when her eyes started to cross and her head began to hurt, she just screwed up her face and mentally screamed CASSANDRA!

”My spoon, little one, do hush.”

Cassandra?

I am most certainly not the Boogeyman. You don’t have to yell quite so loudly, little one. I’m always listening for you.

Sorry.

“No need to apologize. Now, why don’t you tell me what’s bothering you?”

You and I both know I don’t need to tell you anything.

There was a gentle chuckle that seemed to echo. “Humor me.”

Tuesday fiddled with her fingers as she looked down, despite the fact that Cassandra was miles away at DeBrody’s ranch. I… did I do the right thing, leaving Br- leaving Eowyn with Uncle DeBrody?

“Which question is it, Tuesday? If you did the right thing leaving Brone, or leaving Eowyn?”

Tuesday whimpered softly, unwilling to answer, and Cassandra sighed gently, a sound and feeling that reached through their link. “Hold to me, little one.”

There was a gentle brush of something against Tuesday’s consciousness, and she closed her eyes as a feeling, like a sudden tingling sensation, tickled her mind at her forehead. She felt a pull, like someone was tugging her through water, and then everything went really quiet.

Tuesday opened her eyes slowly, surprised. She wasn’t in her tent anymore, but floating in a vast expanse of nothing. Colors and shapes drifted by, but they were blurry and out of focus. Tuesday rubbed her eyes.

“You cannot see here as you do in the conscious world, little one. Do not try.”

“Cassandra?” Tuesday turned to see the kadabra, only to find her in the form she took mentally, with short golden hair and a slim form. Her eyes were the same, though – observant, fox-like. “Where… am I?”

“This is the Psychic Plane,” Cassandra explained, gesturing with a hand. “It looks different to you than it does to others, because you are not a psychic and have no such talents. I’ve brought you here on my own will, because it makes it easier, at times, to communicate.” She made a motion with her hand at Tuesday herself. “The Psychic Plane has the additional effect of revealing a person as who they really are, and that doesn’t change whether you have psychic capabilities or not.”

“What are you- oh.” Tuesday had looked down at herself, her golden hair falling into her face. A large tuft of pale hair stuck up in the center of her head, wisped backward sharply. Tuesday looked down at her hands, her fingers ending in white claws. She glanced behind her and gasped as she saw a large pale-colored bush of fur that was probably supposed to be a tail, but looked more like some dead Persian that never had its fur brushed in all its life.

She looked back at Cassandra sharply. “What is this?”

“This is who you truly are, on the inside, revealed on the outside – at least here on the Psychic Plane. However, you are still growing into this form, and so it is not sharp or clear.”

“Or clean,” Tuesday said, studying her “tail” again.

“Or clean,” Cassandra agreed, “but that will change as you come into who you are. Eventually, you may come to realize whose form it is you share. In the meantime, however, allow me to answer your question.

“Your leaving Eowyn with Marcus was a wise idea. The young eevee is an albino and you know how rare and temperamental albinism can be. Marcus will take good care of her, and then he will send her to Professor Oak. Fear not that you will see Eowyn again, when the time is right.” Cassandra smiled. “She has a part to play, after all.

“As for your leaving Brone, yes, that was also a wise idea, though I know you don’t believe me. Just as you have to grow into who you are, Tuesday, so does Brone. Wise beyond his years he my be, he still has much to learn. The only way he will learn is the same way in which you will learn – by experience. That will come in time, if I have anything to say about it, though I’m certain that he will not argue for long.”

She reached out and tapped Tuesday’s chin, making the girl look up at her. “You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow, little one, and you need your rest.” Tuesday opened her mouth, but Cassandra continued on before she could interrupt. “I will not Suggest sleep to you; you find no rest when you are stuck in such a state. I will, however, calm your nerves as much as I would your brother’s in the same instance. I offer this up for all of you, for you will need it.

“Now rest, little one, and remember that even in the moments of your darkest doubt, you can find light.”

The world of blurred shapes and colors faded from around Tuesday and she found herself back in the tent, her eyes drooping. As she let them close, she could feel a gentle wave of calm enveloping her and the rest of the camp, as Cassandra cast a layer of peace over them all to help them sleep.

It would be the last bit of peace they would have for some time to come.

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 5 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #3

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Darryn flipped the pages of his portfolio slowly, the dimmed light of his torch illuminated his tent with a warm yellow glow. The photos stuck down and annotations that went with them depicted Darryn’s journey so far and brought back so many memories. It made him smile to read how much he had focused on the power attributes of his Pokemon in the beginning and how it had gradually changed to fit in with Contest battling rather than straight forward trainer-types.

Lady shifted in the crook of Darryn’s armpit, turning her nose upwards to nuzzle his bare neck.

“Yeah, I’ll put the light out soon.” He whispered to his partner, kissing her forehead. “Just a few more minutes.”

Lady lowered her head in silence to lay it delicately across her paws. Those chestnut eyes rolled closed but Darryn knew she wouldn’t actually sleep while she was awake. He turned back to the book and flipped another page. A cut-out of a magazine had been stuck there, the image showing a teenager holding up a shiny golden pin with white and crimson ribbons. The boy was smiling broadly, his Butterfree, Cranidos and Jolteon all gathered around closely for the photo.

“Well, that’s one… just three more to go, Daz.” He muttered to himself, clicking out his biro and flipping to the next bare page. He scratched a few notes on the development of Bravo’s skills after battling DeBrody and made a note to stick in a photo of the latest advance in the Pidgeotto’s Featherdance.

He was just finishing up as the clicking buzz of someone opening his tent flap door. Lady’s head lifted automatically, completely in time with Darryn, as he looked over his shoulder to see who was paying him a visit. The door flap, however, was barely open a few inches and whoever was outside was struggling to lift it further.

“Meiko?” Darryn whispered questioningly, turning around and reaching toward the door. Lady pranced onto his lap protectively and watched as her master unzipped the door to halfway.

“Piny?” Eggheart’s round face poked into the tent. Darryn blinked.

“Oh… It’s you… Meiko’s tent is the next one over.” Darryn made a ‘shooing’ motion with his hand. “Go and get some sleep.”

“Pi pi hap hap?” Eggheart ignored Darryn and walked right into the tent, a little paw in her mouth which was being sucked at with a frown on the egg Pokemon’s face.

“Lady?”

Darryn’s Vulpix moved back to her sleeping position and sniffed. <It’s hungry and can smell your Pecha Berries.> There was a short pause… <Get rid of it.>

“Lady!” Darryn gasped in mock offense. “How dare you! Deprive this poor child of a few sweet berries! I really think you should sleep outside because of that!”

Lady’s eyes flared. <Excuse me?>

Darryn inwardly grinned. This was priceless. True, it was funny to see Lady get flustered but it was actually a serious matter when it came to tempering her personality. She was still consistently rude to the others in the adoptive family and he felt it necessary to try and break the walls between her and the others whenever opportunity arose.

“Out.” He nodded to the door, holding the flap open. Lady stared at him.

<But Prince Dar->

“Out, Lady.” Darryn nudged her with his foot. “Go sleep with your teammates.”

With a haughty lift of her nose, Lady stalked past Darryn and into the night. He dropped the flap behind her and suppressed a laugh. Eggheart, however, didn’t. With a shrill giggle, the Happiny collapsed on her back. Darryn lifted her fondly and sat her square in his lap so that he coud reach past her and get at the berry pouch in his backpack.

“Not too many though.” He hushed the baby as he passed her two of the sweet pink fruits. One disappeared immediately into Eggheart’s pouch and the other found itself being sucked on ferocisouly. “And when you’re done, go find Meiko.” He added as he made himself comfortable. “Or she’ll worry about you.”

Eggheart, once more, ignored Darryn and settled down next to his head on the pillow. She grinned and rocked herself to lie into his neck.

“Hap!”

Darryn chuckled. “Or you could just sleep there.” He whispered as he drifted off.

“Oh, look who’s come to join us!” November crooned as Lady stalked toward where she sat next to Tempest. “Not so good you can’t sleep out here with the rest of us, then?”

“No way on Furoh she’d be doing this unless Mr Slick told her to.” Tempest surmised, leaning back against November’s warm flank. She opened one eye to look at the approaching Vulpix. “Did Pwince Dawwyn kick you out?”

November snorted a laugh and nudged Tempest’s head with her nose – the closest they could get to a high-five.

<Peasants.> Lady spat, strutting past them quickly.

Romeo lifted his head instinctively as Lady approached. Unlike the majority of Darryn’s Pokemon, Romeo had no trouble making friends and had found himself snuggled inbetween Ashleigh, Fang, Ember, Cosette and Grondir.

“’Ello, Lay-lay!” He cocked his head to the side. Ashleigh’s head came up, too and cocked itself into the exact same angle. His tongue lolled out wetly. “You comin’ to sleep with us? That’s nice! We’ll make space!”

“Oo! Space here!” Fang edged himself sideways, budging Grondir to the side. The Ivysaur glanced at him with annoyance. “Lying by me is awesome – I’m all soft and warm and-”

<I’m not that desperate.> Lady sniffed. Fang blinked at her.

“No need to be rude, wee missy.” Odysseus said calmly from nearby. His and Tsunami’s eyes watching her impatiently. “We’re all friends here.”

<Speak for yourself.> Lady muttered, stalking on and up to where Mercury rested with Shadow, and Desertdancer. They watched her approach, somewhat surprised that she had decided to join them but none said anything. Sitting a little apart from the others, Lady lowered her head. A few minutes later, a slender blue arm lifted a small blanket onto the firefox’s back and the Vulpix finally relaxed.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 5 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Fang snorted, disgruntled. His chance to have the Awesome Lady sleep next to him had been ruined by the tubby lump of chlorophyll next to him. Why'd he always have to ruin stuff by being there? Why hadn't he noticed that Grondir was such a twig and vine and bulb in the mud?

<<Stupid flower pot,>> he muttered under his breath. <<Could have had a nice enough cuddle, but noooo.>>

<<Don't talk about him like that,>> came a voice, and Fang turned to look into the glaring eyes of the turtwig. Fang rolled his eyes.

<<Careful, what you say to me, or I'll eat you!>> He bared his fangs in a wide grinned, gratified when she jerked back and away with a tiny shriek. He would have laughed, except just then a vine slapped him in the back of the head, hard enough to make his nose touch the ground.

<<Knock it off!>>

Grondir looked at him sideways. <<You're being a jerk. Quit it.>>

Fang stood and glared. <<Who's going to make me?!>>

Grondir glanced around. Fang was not himself, though it was no secret that he fancied the snooty vulpix, he usually didn't let things like this bother him. Perhaps the evolution could be blamed, but except for a predilection to believe himself better than he might be, Fang had, always, still been Fang. He gave a minute shake of his head to Odysseus and Tsunami, though Tsunami likely could have taken him. Cosette still shuddered next to Grondir, but Romeo and Ashleigh simply watched, which was fine. Fang had hopped out of the main pack, squaring off with Grondir, his hackles raising.

<<Well?!>>

Grondir sighed, turned his back, and said, loud enough to be heard, <<I'm not going to fight you, Fang.>>

<<That's what I th-->> A puff of powder came from the bulb on Grondir's back, enveloping Fang in a cloud of blue. <<You son of aaaaaaaa...>> He toppled over, fast asleep before he could get the rest out.

<<Hopefully you'll wake up as less of a jerk.>>

<<I'm sorry,>> Cosette said, downcast, before Grondir could say anything. He tilted her chin up with his vine.

<<Don't be. He's being a jerk today.>> Without noticing her blush, he gently wrapped a vine around her back and pulled her toward the group. <<I, for one, look forward to a peaceful night's sleep...>>

I don't know, Shadow... it's just a minor disturbance, but it's gone now. Mercury peered into the darkness. She could see the pinpoint of light that showed where Dante was, away from everyone else, sleeping alone. To the left of him, she knew, was the mass consisting of Fang, Grondir, Cosette, Romeo, Ashleigh, Odysseus, and Tsunami. There had been some noise, but now that was over. It had seemed, however, that the noise was a prelude to violence, and that didn't make sense.

I'm sorry, Mercury, I don't see or sense anything. There is a bit of unrest, but considering what happened the last time we camped out, I'm not surprised. Sensei Jaima, too, is tense and not sleeping. Perhaps there is something more to this than Lady joining us tonight.

Mercury let out a guilty smile. When I said there must be trouble tonight, because Lady's out here, I was only joking, Shadow... It was not lost on her that, for the first time since he evolved, he did not call or think of her as "Little Mercury", and she flushed a bit.

Shadow, however, did not smile. Perhaps, but perhaps you were simply being your usual observant self. A disturbance amoung friends where Dante is not, Lady sent out to sleep with the "rabble" he felt the gentle, playful psychic slap, but continued with only a small smile, Sensei Jaima's inability to sleep... separate, they may be nothing, but together...

Mercury put a paw to her chin. So, are we being made paranoid by a psychic attack, or are we being paranoid and there's nothing? She sighed.

It's only paranoia when they aren't actually out to get you. I'll gather Ramhorn.

He's in his pokeball. So is Rockclaw. I don't know why Rockclaw is, but Ramhorn prefers it.

Shadow sighed. Then we'll have to be extra vigilent. His eyes narrowed. We're being followed. And watched.

WHAT?! Why didn't you tell me?!

Shadow looked at her, wide eyed. You hadn't detected him? He was around Sensei DeBrody's place, but had disappeared, and now is back...

Mercury went from angry to distressed in record time. No! I was so busy, I... Cassandra said that she was going to do sweeps, so I didn't bother... I was...

Instead of looking stern, Shadow looked relieved. No, that's good, I mean... if Lady Cassandra didn't call attention to it, then it must not have been dangerous. Mercury didn't look convinced, and Shadow put an arm around her. Pay no mind. I am, to use your wording, paranoid.

Meiko was annoyed. She had awakened to find Eggheart gone, and was now standing outside of the tent Jaima and Darryn shared, listening to the soft breathing of a certain coordinator, and the gentle trilling of a sleeping happiny.

She huffed out a breath. Once again, Eggheart chose Darryn over her, and once again she was getting upset over it. It just... it wasn't fair!

"Why does she go to him over me," she growled gently under her breath.

"'Cause he's a soft touch."

Meiko whirled, wide eyed, one hand clenched, only to see it was Jaima. She stood up quickly, a hand over her heart, and walked to where the fire had been. She heard Jaima coming behind her.

"I'm sorry--"

"No," She interrupted. "It's OK. I just... I got startled." She was, suddenly, all too aware that she was wearing thin shorts and a chemise, and thanked the darkness that she couldn't be seen blushing. He, too, was wearing a pair of thin pants and no shirt. The night, suddenly, seemed warmer.

Schooling her features, she turned, looking up at him in the moonlight. His eyes, regarding her with concern, looked tense. "Couldn't sleep?"

"I keep expecting us to get attacked," he admitted, looking away. Meiko's heart softened, and she stepped up to him, hugging him so that her face was on his chest.

"You know, Jaima, it's..."

"Paranoia," Jaima interrupted in a bitter tone.

"Only when they're not actually out to get you, Jai-chan..."

"Which we are."

The two turned to face the source of the voice, and were blinded by bright lights. Blinking and gasping at the intensity of it, their vision cleared only enough to see a hand, near the source of the light, holding a gun. The only indication that this person wasn't alone was the sound of many feet, but whether they were human or pokemon feet, the pair couldn't say.

"Why don't you wake up your friends," said the voice, overly amused and menacing, "and we'll have a chat."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 7 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Tuesday woke up abruptly, her head pounding in tune with her heartbeat and just as powerfully, some beast trapped inside punching the inside of her cranium. She let out a soft gasp and grabbed her head, curling up into a ball as tears immediately came to her eyes. When trying to recollect the sensation she’d had just before finding Cosette, she couldn’t accurately bring it to mind, but here it was again, only far more powerfully than it had been before. She was sure that, any moment, her head would split open. If only it would happen sooner and make the headache leave.

The compulsion to run, to escape, was sudden and prominent in her mind. Tuesday’s eyes flashed open, as golden as Eldorado, though she could not tell as much. All she knew was that, for just an instant, the headache vanished and her consciousness seemed to touch on something… else. Something more than what she usually noted when she was thinking. She did not know what it was, other than that it was both foreign and familiar, and then the feeling was gone, the headache was back, and the tent split open on the side opposite the entrance and Zorro stepped through the hole.

He bore a concerned look on his face, worry gleaming in his golden eyes, and Tuesday didn’t even think of admonishing him for ripping the tent. In a moment, she had grabbed his pokeball – she couldn’t even remember where she had put it – and recalled him. Pulling on her sneakers and not bothering to tie them, she grabbed her messenger bag and slung it over her shoulder, before slipping Zorro’s pokeball into a pocket in the side of her shirt.

She let out a cry of surprise and pain when someone gruffly grabbed her by the hair and yanked her head back. She found herself staring into a set of cruel eyes belonging to an older man with a snide grin on his face.

“Now, now, we can’t have that.” He grabbed Zorro’s pokeball out of her hand, his grip never releasing her hair. There were tears running down Tuesday’s cheeks from the combined pain of her hair being pulled and the headache, though the latter was the far worse pain. The man ignored her pain without remorse and tightened his grip, twisting his hand to wrap the strands around his fist. “You’ve been a naughty little bitch, haven’t you.”

Before Tuesday could open her mouth to say… something – let me go, why are you doing this, stop hurting me – she didn’t know what, the man had stepped out of the tent entrance and yanked Tuesday behind.
Tuesday let out a cry of pain as she was gruffly pulled by her long curls, even as she stumbled and lost her footing. She whimpered low, crying, and the man yanked her sharply and shoved her forward.

“Hey! Let her go!”

The grip on Tuesday’s hair released and she collapsed to her hands and knees on the ground, sobbing and clutching her head, as a tall form moved past her. Jaima’s arm pulled back before he had reached his destination and his fist rushed forward, slamming directly into the face of Tuesday’s tormentor.

The man jerked back with a muffled cry and a curse, his hands flashing up to cup his face as blood began to spurt from his nose.

In an instant, the gun in the leader’s hand moved to point directly at Jaima’s face. “My move.”

There was a sharp, barking snarl that mixed with a cry of fright, as Ashleigh broke fear of the man holding him and lunged forward. Leaping, his entire body slammed into the gunman’s as his large fangs sank into the man’s arm.

The man howled in pain as the houndoom snarled, sinking his fangs deeper, and he brought the butt of the pistol down, hitting Ashleigh sharply between the eyes. The large dogreleased his grip with a yelp and collapsed to the ground, jerking in pain.

“Ashleigh!” Tuesday cried.

“Shut up, all of you!” the gunman shouted, waving the pistol around with his bloody arm. He pointed the gun at Tuesday. “Do not speak again,” he ordered. Tuesday whimpered, ducking low, and nodded almost imperceptibly. “I want all of the pokemon in their pokeballs and all of the pokeballs there!” He pointed at a point on the ground between the four other men, where a series of pokeballs were already piled. “Anyone who disobeys gets to watch as I start shooting.”

Tuesday shivered as she sat on the ground, legs folded under her, clutching her head. She kept trying to calm her breathing, but her headache had evolved from simply pounding to sending sharp pains through her skull, as though someone was stabbing her repeatedly with a needle in the head. The light of the distant fire made her eyes ache and colors seemed to dance in front of her. She whimpered involuntarily in pain.

“Shut up!”

“Tuesy, are you okay?”

“I said NO TALKING!”

Tuesday ducked her head, her eyes squeezed shut as she shook her head from side to side. No, no, she wasn’t okay. She wasn’t okay at all.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 7 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

<Trainer Darryn!>

<Prince Darryn!>

“Woooah!” Darryn sat bolt upright in the tent, his head brushing hard against the low, angled ceiling. He blinked away his momentary blindness in the dark and coughed, rinsing the stars out from his eyes with a few generous squeezes of his eyelids.

<Lady! Don’t do that!> He berated the Vulpix from within his tent, annoyed since his involuntarily sudden movement had woken Eggheart and the baby’s little face immediately turned grumpy. Darryn licked his dry lips. <And why-> He paused. <Mercury?>

<There are men!>

<Danger, Prince Darryn!>

“Aww crap!” The Co-ordinator hissed to himself, tugging on a baggy hooded sweatshirt and fumbling around for his Pokeballs. Eggheart’s grumpy face turned to a confused face, her arms waving for Darryn to pick her up. He did so, not too gently which supplied him with a curt'PI!', and stuffed her up the sweater just before the tent door was ripped open.

“Out.” Came the cold, hard order.

Darryn obeyed swiftly, his hands completely empty. The shadowed man indicated for Darryn to move to where he could hear the others near the main campfire site and stooped to rummage in the tent. The Pokeball belt was the first thing he found.

“Hey!” Darryn took a step forward. A gun rose to point at his face.

“Back off, pretty boy.” The man sneered, his command instantly taking effect. Darryn’s skin ran cold as ice as he moved away and toward the group. Lady was watching him approach with concerned eyes which hid little, if any, amount of anger that was boiling in her.

Where Darryn found the others, he also found a great deal of fear. They had been through a lot before but armed men?! With guns?! This was off the scale. Dark shapes were also presenet nearby – a clear indication that these men had Pokemon back-up. Darryn knew he would regret it later but he also knew that his other sight would be able to tell him a lot more of what was going on. He surrendered to the emotaglows and read them at speed.

He had never expected the colour of fear to be blue but that was what it was – the sort of blue that made up the shadows on icy landscapes and made you want to shiver even if you were completely warm. The woods were practically brimming with it with so many humans and Pokemon nearby but other colours broke through, too. A lot of angry red, malicious purple and tired green swam around the edges of Darryn vision and then there was Tuesday. Darryn gulped.

“Tuesy, are you okay?” Jaima asked, his presence seeming to surround her completely like a protective shield.

“I said NO TALKING!” One of the men roared, waving a gun menacingly at them.

<Lady?> Darryn avoided his vocal chords. <Tuesday’s in a lot of pain – what’s going on?>

<They dragged her by the fur on her head.> Lady responded immediately, not moving closer to Darryn from her spot next to Mercury. They were positioned very close to one another, Shadow towering over them both. <And her… abilities are causing a lot of trouble for her.>

<How is everyone else? Are they->

“Haha! That kid pissed himself!” There was harsh laughter as the men pointed at Darryn and sniggered. Darryn looked down at himself. A growing patch of dark was spreading out on his crotch, covering him with hot, itchy dampness.

“It’s not piss!” Darryn retorted, trying to cover himself up with his arms. “I just… I just…” He looked around for inspiration. He could hardly tell everyone that Eggheart had been the one to wet herself as that would just give her over to the men… Meiko’s eyes caught him from across the campfire. “I rolled on some eggs on the way out of the tent… yeah… the eggs were in my tent.”

“YOU ROLLED ON THE EGGS?!” Meiko gasped, starting to move towards him. A gun was aimed her way almost instantly.

“Er… yeah? The eggs were in my tent but don’t worry – I managed to save a few…” Darryn looked at her pointedly. Meiko’s frown was still intent. “You don’t need to worry about the eggs, though. You know how much I like them in my belly.” He patted his sweater flat for the briefest of moments, showing off his newly grown pot-belly. Meiko blinked.

“Oh, riiight!” She nodded slowly. “I’m glad we still have some eggs… You know how much I love eggs.” The last bit carried a hint of a threat that may have well said 'hurt my eggs and I'll hurt your face'. Even so, her Emotaglow waved pink momentarily. Relief. Darryn nodded slightly to her.

“Damn, SHUT UP!” The man with the gun had been watching the entire exchange, paralysed by what he was hearing. Now, however, he just looked confused and annoyed. “All Pokemon in their balls!” He used his gun to point at a spot on the ground where all of the Pokeballs were collated near his flunkies. “The red-head first.”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 7 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

They could now see four people beyong the intense bright light that had shone on Jaima and Meiko when this all began. Meiko had started shivering the moment she saw the shiny, metal object in the glare of the bright light. A gun. Someone had brought a gun. Why would anyone bring a gun?

Not for the first time, she wished she'd not put Chompwater in the box. Not for the first time, she vowed to get her feraligatr at the first possible opportunity.

There was a gun, pointed at them, and Meiko was terrified.

Her hands shook as the men dragged Tuesday out by her hair, and as Darryn was forced from his tent. She couldn't get her heart to stop racing, especially when Jaima charged forward and decked the man mishandling Tuesday.

She was both gratified that Jaima had come to the defense of the younger girl, who was obvious in a great deal of distress, and terrified when the gun moved to him, as she knew it would.

When they were children, and playing together, Jaima had always been quick to react, quick to put himself between his friends and any harm. He had been so quick to do so that he would, at time, anticipate trouble and make sure that the focus was on him at the start. She knew that, while he had calmed significantly while taking care of his family, that old instinct would rise when there was real danger.

It scared her, because now there was a gun, and now they were being forced to put away their pokemon, and putting themselves in danger on top of it.

Darryn had started to confuse her. She should have been quicker on the uptake, but she was dealing with so much information, such a huge shock, and so much constant fear that she didn't catch it in time.

And then it hit her. Jaima had Tuesday to take care of, and his instincts were honed by years of having a little sister who needed protecting (well, two). Meiko, who'd been an only child, had been more concerned about Jaima getting himself hurt than about protecting Tuesday, something she felt not a little shame over. But now it clicked into place, with Darryn's frantic code about having saved eggs.

She had Eggheart, who was hers to protect, and had one of these men tried to hurt her, Meiko, too, would have risked a gunshot to protect her.

She scowled as the gun pointed to her, no longer terrified, so long as it wasn't pointing at Jaima, Darryn, or Tuesday. Jaima moved to step forward, but she touched his wrist and he stopped, her fingers curled around it feeling the hammering of his pulse. He was terrified, wasn't fearlessly stepping into danger, and that, somehow, made her terror easier to bear.

"All pokemon in their balls! The redhead first!"

She cleared her throat. "I left my pokeballs in my tent. Let me go get them."

The man with the gun pointed it at her head, and despite her recent realization of bravery, she trembled. Jaima twitched to move in front of her, but she'd tightened her grip on his wrist to stop him. The man sneered.

"No funny business," he growled, looking her up and down and, evidently, deciding that she couldn't be hiding her pokeballs on her person. His gaze lingered a little too long, and Jaima had caught it, because he twitched as if he'd move again.

She went into the tent, slowly, grabbing her belt. With a quick motion, she pulled Eggheart's ball off of it and let it drop onto her sleeping bag, kicking it under the flap. She came out, holding her belt, with two empty slots. Then man with the gun shook it.

"Why are there two slots empty?!"

"I o-only have four pokemon with me," she said, swallowing thickly. The man turned to his companions.

"I only saw three when she first showed up." The voice was familiar, and Meiko bristled, but said nothing.

"I only have three out now..." She worked slowly, recalling her pokemon and dropping the pokeballs on the ground where the man had pointed.

Jaima went next, his jaw working as all six of his pokemon were recalled. He glared at the group in front of him, and made a point to stand toward the front as Darryn recalled his pokemon. Tuesday was pale and didn't move, her eyes hooded and, Meiko noticed with a double take, cloudy blue but ringed in gold, with a glazed, almost feverish quality to them. Her face was incredibly pale and there was sweat mixing with the tears on her cheeks. Her thick curls were messy and tangled from sleep and being manhandled, and she shook with small, almost imperceptible tremors. The man with the gun nearly hit her again, screaming at her to stop being a baby. Jaima stepped between them again, gently taking her pokeball belt and recalling her pokemon (had Danted glared at him then?) Finally, all the pokemon were in their pokeballs, save for Eggheart, who seemed to understand that she needed to be still, and quiet, and had not been recalled or discovered. The man with the gun stepped back.

"Are there any questions..? Comments?" He sneered at them. "Something you'd like to say, brave boy?"

"Yeah," Jaima growled, sending Meiko's stomach into fresh convulsions. "I'm going to make you eat that gun."

"Doubtful," he sneered, while the other man, who'd recognized Meiko as having three pokemon, chuckled. "You're not going to be here long enough to try."

Meiko nearly sobbed, waiting for the gun to come up and flash, sending them all to oblivion. Instead, the man they'd first fought stepped forward. "Yanmega!" he barked, sneering. "Whirlwind!"

The largest dragonfly she'd ever seen came into the light, blocking most of it out. With glowing red eyes, it's wings buzzed, the wind from it buffeting them. The pokeballs flew past them, and she saw Jaima struck in the head with one. Then the wind tore the ground from under her feet, and with a scream, she was airborne, spinning away. She could see Darryn, Jaima, and Tuesday all fly away, in separate directions, and when blackness enveloped her, she was surprised to sink into it without feeling the crunch of her body meeting the ground.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 7 2010, 11:08 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

She had not foreseen this.

Cassandra stood in the center of the field outside of DeBrody’s house, her eyes focused at some point in the distance, her attention still further away.

She could see the events as they were unfolding – the members of Team Deception attacking the camp, threatening the humans at gunpoint, imprisoning the pokemon in their pokeballs, and then separating them all with a massive whirlwind.

She had not foreseen this. Someone far more powerful than she was working to block her from seeing what was to come, and they had almost succeeded in keeping her from aiding them.

But she had just one more trick that she could pull. Just one more.

It will be enough.

Telekinesis was a gift that not many psychic pokemon retained in great amounts. Telepathy was a more common ability, with premonitions being the second most common. Cassandra, however, was somehow blessed with all three. Whether this was because of her connection with Brone, who relied heavily on his telekinetic abilities, or if it was a power in her own right, she did not know.

Nor, in the long run, did it matter.

Cassandra’s was a mind that was both aged and yet young. This was one of the traits that had earned her the name Mama Cass from more than just Mr. Postman. Others referred to her as Auntie or Grandma, never with an insulting edge, and except for the case of the feather-brained bird, Cassandra bore the titles in stride.

With age came wisdom, but with youth came strength.

Cassandra had both.

Her mind reached out – flashed out – erupted outward, exploding in a 360 degree circle of psychic energy that raced through the trees, dirt, grass, water, air and whole physical plane, righting what was wrong and stopping injury.

Rattata about to be the prey of hungry Persian suddenly found themselves surrounded by a shield of psychic energy that gave them ample time to escape. Buneary cowering before the snarling face of a starving houndour were abruptly teleported underground, into a tunnel dug by one of their kin. Pokemon everywhere bearing a hint of victimization abruptly found themselves safe. A mass of pokeballs raining from the sky in multiple direction suddenly slowed, dropping harmlessly to the ground, a few opening and releasing their breathing burdens, others rolling to a stop.

And four humans, plummeting from the sky at opposing compass points, abruptly felt their descent slow, stop, and then they landed on the ground, relatively unharmed.

Cassandra, in a rare moment, came back to herself exhausted, thoroughly spent, wheezing for breath. She took a step forward, hoping to retain her balance, and lost all strength in her body.

Two strong but seemingly-frail arms caught her protectively and held her close.

“That was foolish.”

”Brone…”

“Hush now,” Brone whispered, his tone filled with emotion, with worry and pride and love. “Let’s get you inside. You need to rest.” He held her tightly but gently to him as he began to lead her inside.

Cassandra tried to reach out, to touch the humans she had just protected, but found herself blocked. Or not blocked… it wasn’t that something kept her mind from reaching them, but that she couldn’t reach out at all. There was no strength behind her telepathy, no force with which to push past the barrier that was never there with psychic pokemon. It was suddenly as though… as though she wasn’t psychic.

”Brone…” she whispered, her tone laced with fear. She felt the connection between their minds, but could sense that it originated with him – a link that flowed into her from his own mind. She hadn’t even the power to form a mental link.

He made a soothing sound, leaning his head against hers and assuring her with quiet gratitude, “It was enough.”

~*~

Tuesday blinked open her eyes and saw streaks of green across her vision. A smeargle had painted her face.

“Oh,” she said, pushing herself up and seeing the calf-high grass had broken her fall. She rubbed her face and found no paint. Perhaps she had been dreaming…

There were no tents around, no Zorro drooling or Tempest kicking him in the face for snoring loudly. Ashleigh wasn’t twitching his feet, chasing something in his sleep, with Odysseus nearby, dozing lightly, ready to wake at a moment’s notice. Dante’s light didn’t brighten the darkness.

She was alone.

Tuesday staggered to her feet immediately, the previous events returning to her in swift succession. There had been Team Deception and they had had guns and the pokemon were put in their balls and then there was a whirlwind. It happened in slow motion for Tuesday because her brain hadn’t been capable of processing anything quickly. She remembered the headache, ferocious and agonizing, and realized that it was gone now. How strange…

She looked around. She was surrounded by trees on all sides, with nothing familiar. She didn’t think that they had passed through this part of the forest, yet, which meant she could have been anywhere.

Tuesday bit her lip. Where had the others ended up? And the pokemon…

“Where would they go?”

Tuesday stared up at the sky. It was dark, but the moon was too low to help light her way and the stars gave off such a meager light as to only make the forest seem that much creepier. Still, she could see okay, well enough to travel, but she didn’t know which way to go.

Back to their campsite was foolish with Team Deception having been there, but they could easily be anywhere within the forest and Tuesday didn’t have any pokemon with her. All she had was her messenger bag, and she couldn’t well defeat that yanmega by stabbing it with her charcoal pencils.

Well, if it came down to that, she could probably poke out one of its eyes.

“Gross,” she mumbled.

The obvious solution was to find a pokemon or one of her friends first. Once she had the help of someone with better senses than her, it might be easier to find the others.

“Which way? Which way?”

Tuesday looked around, spinning in a circle. She closed her eyes and let herself continue to twirl for a long time, before stopping. Swallowing thickly, she mumbled to herself, “Okay, Tuesday. You’re supposed to have these great Aura powers.” She opened her eyes and stared at the dense area in front of her. “Let’s hope they work.”

With a compulsive gulp, she stepped between two trees, and began her search.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 8 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Darryn rose up into the air with frightening velocity, his hair whipping about his head like some sort of gyrating mop as he span upwards into the night air. Away from the ground, the only sounds that he could hear were the screams of his companions and the roar of wind in his head. He floundered helplessly, completely at the mercy of the errant wind, unable to control anything to do with his ascent.

“Jaima!” He yelled as he flew past his friend through the whirlwind, their hands mere inches from locking before they disappeared from each others’ view.

Still climbing higher, Darryn clutched the Happiny in his sweater to his stomach with one arm while flailing about with the other in the hope that he would somehow grab onto something or someone to hold on to. A Pokeball zinged by his face, whirling away at a shocking speed, the red and white capsule disappearing into the night within only a fraction of a second. A second, a third. A black one with red fire marking it, shaped in coloured clay. Another blue with white blotches that resembled splashing water.

Darryn’s arm snaked out to grab for the next one to go shooting by, recognising it as pink and white in the near dark, illuminated by the lights below.

“Lady!” He cried, her Heal Bell twirling out of his reach and fading rapidly into the night.

Eggheart clutched frantically to Darryn’s belly as they approached the top of the spout of air. The Co-ordinator turned his head upwards to see Meiko go screaming off into the night. Tuesday was nowhere to be seen and from the shout below him, Jaima was right behind him. Although not visible, the top of the whirlwind was definitely substantial – a lash of air that literally grabbed and threw whatever the spout below fed it. Darryn coughed with surprise as the air snatched at his body and flung him high and far through the air.

“Aaaaaah!” Darryn screamed, the dark sky rushing by in a blur as the dead black fingers of the treetops reached up to claim him for their own. Backwards, he crashed through thin branches, twigs stinging his body every time they whipped at him, before breaking into clear air again and heading right for the ground.

Squeezing Eggheart tightly, Darryn clamped his eyes shut and braced for impact…

“Ungh.” Darryn groggily rolled onto his side, Eggheart spilling out of his sweater and tumbling across the ground. He lay there for some time, gasping to regain his breath and dreaming up all sorts of possible reasons as to why he was still alive.

“Piny!” Eggheart tottered toward him, patting Darryn’s face with a soggy paw to get him to move before shoving it back in her mouth, chewing with worry. Darryn slid out of his dumbfounded skin and took her up in his arms, rising to his feet on shaky legs.

“That was… so weird…” He muttered, still unsure as to how he was completely unharmed – especially after falling so far. He looked down at the baby Pokemon in his arms. “Are you ok?”

Eggheart considered this before removing the worry-paw and sticking a metaphorical thumb to her little chest which she puffed out with pride.

“Pi pi pi! Happiny!”

“I’ll take that as a yes?” Darryn shrugged, looking around in the dark for some sort of clue as to where he was.

“HELLO!?” Darryn shouted into the night, straining his ears for a response. “JAIMA!? MEIKO!?” Nothing. “TUESDAY!?”

Silence welcomed Co-ordinator and Playhouse Pokemon, providing both with a shudder. With no reference point to work with, Darryn resigned himself to the powers within and searched for Lady.

<Lady? Are you out there?> Darryn asked, trying to somehow shout with his inner voice. <Mercury?> Again, nothing. He sighed and hoisted Eggheart to slid into the top of the sweater, both of them sharing the same head-hole.

“Looks like it’s just us for now…” Darryn muttered, kissing the back of her sweet-smelling head. “But don’t worry – we’ll find your mum in no time.” As he started his aimless search through the forest, Darryn really tried his hardest to follow his own advice but right there, right then, worrying seemed like the only option.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 8 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

One would think that, with the droning of a yanmega's wings nearby, one would be unable to hear anything else. Woefully, for Kuonji Jaima, that was inaccurate. He heard Meiko's scream first as she rose into the air, and then Darryn's yell of surprise. The clatter of moving pokeballs caught in the funnel, one of which struck him soundly in the head (it felt heavy, and for a shaky, unhinged moment, Jaima thought it was probably the one that held Zulu). He was taken seconds after Darryn, and caught a glimpse of Tuesday flying by, her arms outstretched at her sides as if she had control, her eyelids shut tight.

Jaima tried to rise to help, or be helped, by Darryn, but a gust sent them spiraling away from each other. He spotted Meiko in the distance. Pokeballs were everywhere, scattering farther and farther away from him and each other, distributing , it seemed, along the four points of the compass, and as they hit the top of the funnel, they rocketed away.

As did Jaima when he hit it, spinning, yelling, and, finally, blacking out.

It was a while when he woke up, but even then he stay still. His mind was a fog, uncomprehending, unwilling to think. If he could stay in this state, if he could keep his eyes closed and his mind unaware, then this couldn't have happened.

He couldn't have failed.

It was playing over and over in his head. Meiko's scream as she lifted off. Darryn's calling for him in the air. The rattling of pokeballs clashing together in a wind funnel. Tuesday's closed eyes as she drifted away from him. None of them had had the power to stop it, or even to change their trajectory, try as they might, but Jaima still felt guilty. He had survived, somehow. What were the chances that anyone else had*?

None, that's what. It was his worst nightmare revisited. His friends had died, and he couldn't do anything about it.

He couldn't find his pokemon. Mercury's voice didn't respond to his mental calls. He was more alone than he'd ever been.

"So, what? It's OK to take time if you can afford it, but what if you can't? Sometimes, son, you have to get up and get moving."

It was a familiar voice. He remembered the conversation that had produced the words that had sprung to his mind. He had not wanted to move to Johto. He'd wanted to stay where he was. But there was nothing for it, and finally his father had gotten fed up and firmly, but with understanding, told him he would have to deal with it.

In truth, it had been his mother that had motivated him. His father's words had fallen on sullen, deaf ears. It was almost as if the words had been lying in wait for a better situation, one in which they were perfect.

Jaima sighed. He had survived, so maybe one of the others had, as well. They might be hurt. He had to move.

He took the time to make sure he wasn't hurt, and was surprised to note that there was little more than a scratch or a bruise, from where he had hit the foliage or some of the pokeballs had hit him. Sure, his head hurt a little and his ears were ringing, but, for the most part, he was all right.

Now to find his friends.

He didn't turn to see the pale form behind him, translucent and glowing slightly. If he had turned, she would have disappeared. But Serenity smiled after him, worried but not overly about the way he wobbled as he walked. As she faded, she allowed herself a moment of self pride for having chosen a strong master for her daughter. Motivating him to go find his friends, both human and pokemon, had been the least she could do.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 8 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Tuesday stumbled for the third time, the sharp thorned weeds snagging her pant legs. She tripped into a tree and leaned against it to kick and pull off the vines encircling her legs, giving a sharp exclamation as a thorn bit deep into the pad of her finger, drawing blood. She stuck the finger in her mouth with a whimper, pouting at the vine and kicking it viciously. She imagined it released her for its own survival, but she turned and jumped over another vine and into a small, clear area, before she could be snagged by another.

She hadn’t been wandering overly long, in comparison to some of their journeys, but an hour still wasn’t a small amount of time when you were hiking by yourself through a dark forest at night, without even an egg to keep you company.

Tuesday’s eyes hurt, both from her previous crying during the attack, and from lack of sleep. She felt somewhat lethargic, her limbs tired and her brain begging to go into power-saver mode. Part of her held every desire to simply lie down on the ground and go to sleep, but she had to find her friends. She had to know that everyone was all right. And what if Eggheart had been separated from everyone and was wandering around the forest alone, with no protection? It would be nothing for some hungry, nocturnal predator to come in and gobble her up.

Tuesday’s stride quickened at the very thought. Her pokemon were fairly capable of seeing well enough in the dark. Ashleigh’s and Tempest’s eyes were luminescent, and Dante had a constant flame burning on his tail. Zorro had been living perfectly well in a cave before Tuesday met him, and Odysseus seemed to her, somehow, well and able to take care of himself, though she wasn’t quite sure how this came to be such a confident sensation, or how a buizel would physiologically be adept at seeing in the dark.

It was some of the other pokemon that she was worried about, however. Beyond hoothoot and noctowl, bird pokemon were not adept at flying at night. Unless he was still confined within his pokeball, Bravo would likely be roosting in a tree, but then how would anyone find him? And what about predators?

Poor Cosette was so incredibly timid, and Grondir wasn’t build for nocturnal action. They were both creatures that thrived in sunlight.

And yes, the pokemon could easily remain in their pokeballs, but that didn’t mean they were safe. A pokeball smashed with a pokemon inside of it destroyed the pokemon as easily as if it were eaten by another.

A sharp howl in the distance seemed to accentuate Tuesday’s point and she swallowed thickly and attempted to quicken her stride. Her short legs didn’t allow for much, but she tried to stay alert as she continued her trek through the forest, looking for a friend.

~*~

The wind scattered the pokeballs in a haphazard, uncaring wave, casting them outward and far from each other.

There were twenty-one pokeballs in total, but there were five pokeballs that all held a familiar musky scent. They flashed out from the cyclone in a wave.

The first red and white pokeball, burning with an inner fire, flew through the air and through the canopy of a tree, scattering white apple blossom petals and hitting the ground. It rolled under a pile of dead maple leaves.

The second pokeball, charged and smelling like burnt fur, flew high and into a tree. It landed in a bird’s nest and just nudged a large brown egg before settling.

The third pokeball that raced through the air opened twenty feet off the ground.

The small, lithe jackal pokeball yelped loudly as he saw how high he was above the ground and hit the button on the pokeball. The ball reacted to his smack by flinging away in the opposite direction. It slammed against a rock, ricocheted back, and hit the riolu on the head. In a flash of red light, Zorro disappeared and the pokeball landed with a plop in the stream, and the current stole it away.

The fourth pokeball landed in the stream, as well, but was carried into a small pool on the side and kept from continuing down with the current by a series of rocks that kept the water still.

The fifth pokeball was different than the others. Dark blue, a great ball to be more precise, it rolled across a tree branch, bounced off of a rock, and clattered to the ground, where it flashed open and released a large dark dog.

Ashleigh looked around, growling low in his throat. His muzzle still had a little stain of red and his tongue still tasted blood. The scent of the man with the shiny poke-killer in his hand was firm in his nostrils, but another scent was stronger. The musty-book, inky scent of the runt. Raising his nose, sniffing the air, Ashleigh howled long and loudly, a fierce call into the night, and took off through the forest on long, swift legs.

Behind him, the great ball that always held him so memorably sat in the dirt and waited for someone to find it.

Five minutes later, a shiftry came through that same area. His large foot stepped down sharply and crushed the great ball into splinters and fragments underfoot. The angry tree-like pokemon roared in pain as the shards cut into his foot and he lashed out, striking only air.

Taking in the scent on the pokeball, he snarled low. With a maddened gleam in his eye, he followed the scent that had done him harm, leaving behind a shattered pokeball sprinkled with drops of blood.

~*~

The sound of muffled voices was what made Tuesday ignore the fact that she could hear the trickling of water just beyond them. She knew it wasn’t Jaima or Darryn talking, though the voices were distinctly male. They were older, of course, and deeper she could tell, as she moved closer to them. They also held no tenor of concern, and all of the pokeballs had been scattered, and all of them, as well. Jaima and Darryn and Meiko would be as worried about their pokemon as Tuesday was worried about hers. She also, in a small, internal voice, hoped that they might just being a little worried about her, too.

Tuesday kept her stride small, hoping that she didn’t trip over a tree root or crunch down too hard on a branch. If the men were Team Deception, as she assumed, even though she knew that assuming was foolish, she was sure that they had pokemon with them. She didn’t want to give them anymore help finding her; they already had keener senses than she.

As she moved closer, the sound of the stream became louder and worked in an attempt to hide the men’s voices, but she could still hear them, though they were faint and broken.

“… don’t see why… should have ended it then… there!”

“We follow… orders! Don’t… them.”

“… want that brat! Get… herself!”

“Stop… not worth… hold of yourself. It’s pointless to fight like this.”

Tuesday gasped softly, dropping to the ground on her stomach. The men had been talking while they were walking, apparently, and had stepped right up to their side of the stream. One of them stood at the edge, staring right at Tuesday.

“What is it?” The man who spoke stepped out from the shadows. He had a small red moustache and equally rusty hair, though he appeared to be balding in the middle.

“I thought I saw something moving over there,” the man standing at the stream said. He had short black hair and thin-framed glasses. His face was hairless and somewhat boyish, despite the deeper tone of his voice. He didn’t look like a bad guy. He looked kind of like Professor Oak might have, when he was younger. Tuesday began to feel a little hopeful.

“I don’t see anything,” said the balding man, squinting in Tuesday’s direction. He glanced back at his companion, his teeth gleaming in a grin. “You’re just paranoid, Griffin.”

“It’s just Jack, Eric.” Eric raised his hands defensively at Jack Griffin’s tone. The two stood talking for some time longer before walking off, back into the shadows, but Tuesday’s attention had been stolen away already.

Further down, to the left of the two men, there was a pokeball wedged under a rock.

It was easily recognizable by the shape and colors of the clay that formed its signature appearance.

“Mercury…”

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 9 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

The Repeat Ball crashed open, mysteriously activated by a psychic force as it fell from the heavens. November pranced clear of the falling ball and snorted angrily, tossing her head left and right, ready to fight off the attackers. She stomped and whirled in a dazed frenzy, unable to detect any of the other Pokemon or any of the humans that had been around her before.

*Oh, great. You’re lost in the woods, Novvy.* She stomped a hoof angrily and searched the darkness for anything familiar. *Lost and alone. Fan-freakin’-tastic.*

Despite her vanity, November was not a foolish Pokemon. In fact, she was pretty smart. Smart enough to know that Darryn was somewhere out there in the night, waiting to beautify her once more. Without him, she’d be dull and plain like she had been back on that hateful ranch. She was his utterly and completely now and she wanted for nothing more than to be in her ball, back on his belt.

*My ball!* November bent her head low and cast her flames about her to located the red-yellow-grey orb and found it lying open only a few feet away. Pushing it over to click shut with her nose, November picked up the Repeat Ball in her mouth and raised her head to look about her.

With nothing to guide her back to her trainer, she plodded aimlessly into the dark, silently hoping that Darryn would have a brush and a mirror for when she found him.

~

“Well, that’s just great.” Darryn muttered, kicking Poképoop off his shoe with mighty
flicks of his ankle. Despite his efforts, a fair-sized smear of the stuff could still be felt underfoot as he trudged in the near dark hopeing for a sign, any sign that his friends and his Pokemon were OK.

“Piny piny hap?” Eggheart peered over the top of Darryn’s sweater, trying to get a clear view of what he was doing down below but her lack of neck prevented such a vantage point. She settled, instead, for twisting around and burying her chest in his neck, fumbling at his chin for a hand-hold.

“Aww, Eggheart.” Darryn restrained the fidgeting baby. “Let’s just try to keep calm, eh? Why don’t you get some sleep in there?”

The Playhouse Pokemon pounded on Darryn’s chest twice with a snippy cry of “hap hap HAP!”.

“Geez! How does Meiko put up with you?!” He laughed, fondling her curly head and ducking under a low branch. He wandered further, completely lost with more than a little worry plaguing his thoughts. That was, until something shining white under the light of the moon caught his eye. A fallen Pokeball – the first sign he had that any of his companions was OK – was sitting in the crook of an exposed root, just waiting for him to pick it up.

*YES! It’s a Pokeball so it’s not mine…*

Eggheart cried for joy when she spotted the ball, too, struggling to be put down so that she could retrieve it. Darryn indulged her by setting her on the ground and waited for her to come tottering back with a grin of satisfaction on her tiny pink face.

“Oooh, what have you found there?” Darryn asked with mock surprise, inwardly laughing as the Happiny hoisted it theatrically.

*Please please please be Ramhorn! Or Dante! Or even DesertDancer!* He begged to himself as he clicked the release…

~

Flying through the air, two Pokeballs collided, grinding against each other as though battling without being activated. One, pink and white the other blue and white fought for control as they shot through the air on the wind, captured by a psychic energy radiating from miles away.

Together, the two balls clacked and whirred, plummeting toward a certain teenage red-head where they knocked together on impact with the ground, rolling to a stop at the trainer’s feet.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 10 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Meiko sat up with a gasp. Blinking, she looked around. Something was off. Shouldn't she be in immense pain right now? She briefly checked her extremities, surprised to find that she had no severe injuries. The worst she could say was that her pinky hurt, and she knew for a fact that she'd been struck in the whirlwind.

She stood up, slowly, and stretched. The cold made her shiver, and she looked down. She was still dressed in the chemise and thin shorts she slept in. Despite the fact that no one was around, she could feel like a blush was creeping up her face and down her neck.

Blowing out through her nose, she took a step, careful not to set down too hard, lest there was a rock or a twig on the ground. Slowly, she began to move faster, gingerly. Her feet were not sensitive, per se, but bare feet in a forest was very seldom a pleasant experience.

As she stepped forward, she willed herself not to panic. If she was all right, if some miracle had saved her, maybe the same miracle had saved the rest of them. It was, then, only a matter of finding the others and praying she was right about that. And she could do both of those at the same time.

She took another step forward when a loud clack sounded over her head, and a pair of thuds right after. She crouched, looking around, her senses sharp. There, at her feet, were a pair of pokeballs, one pink with a pair of opposing white arcs around the button, and one blue with stylized waves fading to white from bottom to top.

Tuesday almost exclusively used pokeballs, with the one great exception being the great ball she'd caught Ashleigh with. Meiko was similar, though she had some Kurt Specials as well. Jaima decorated his pokeballs, but she had no idea what they were underneath.

She reached out and hit the button on the pink ball, calling forth Lady, then the blue, calling Victor. Two of Darryn's pokemon were her. The squirtle looked at her, disappointment and a mild look that looked like disgust flickering over his widely set features. Lady looked around, her eyes widening more in anxious terror, and she crouched as if to spring off.

Meiko put her hand on the vulpix' back, and instantly regretted it. The vixen pokemon spun, snarling and snapping at her hands, and it was only Meiko's reflexes, as well as the happy accident of her over balancing and toppling backwards, that saved her.

"Wait!" She got up on her knees and held her hands up. "Wait, wait..." She leaned back, looking at Lady's feet rather than her eyes. "I want to find him too, OK? I do. And you're part psychic, so you can call to him? Right? Darryn said... said you could make Toshiro think he was a four year old girl... so that means you're pretty powerful, right?"

Lady's eyes narrowed, but she said, nor thought, nothing. Meiko swallowed thickly. "It would be better if we were together." Lady arched her back, then sat, looking at Meiko with a look of haughty disdain. Meiko took it as a good sign, and looked at the squirtle. Blinking at his look of nauseated resignation, she held a hand out to him. "What about you? It's Victor, right? Can I count on you?"

He looked at her, shuddered, and pushed the button on his pokeball, recalling himself. Meiko sighed, and picked up both his ball and Lady's, who growled.

"I.. I can't leave it here, Lady..." she said, then offered it. "I'll carry it to Darryn for you, OK?" Lady snorted through her nose, turned, raised her tails, and trotted off, with Meiko following behind her, clenching her jaw as a stone or stick jarred against her foot with the pace Lady was setting.

The pokeball had crashed to the ground and bounced, once, twice, then hit a large rock jutting on the ground. Though there was no damage to the ball, the call out button was depressed, and out popped a turtwig, looking around and swallowing.

<<If this isn't a recipe for being eaten, I don't know what is.>>

She swallowed and stumbled forward, looking around, shaking. Every step brought a fresh vision of a huge steelix with a wide opened maw, or a golbat with a wide opened maw, or a happiny with a wide opened ma-

That's silly, even for me...

And then, suddenly, she was confronted by something that looked like nothing more than a wide opened maw. With a scream, she jumped back, panting, as the eyes just above the mouth looked down at her.

<<Wh-who are you?!>>

The huge mouth closed, but that didn't make it any clearer of the identity of the pokemon. When it spoke, it's voice was deep and seemed to echo, but otherwise was quite intelligent.

<<I'm called Swalot. At least, that's what I call myself. I rather like it. I do, after all, swallow a lot.>> He smiled at her, and the effect, of a wide, wide mouth stretching out almost wider than the face it was attached to, was frightening.

<<Y-y-your'e... you're not going to... to eat me, are... are you?>>

The look the swalot gave her was not a hungry one, but a pensive one. <<I hadn't given it much thought. I suppose I could. I do eat a lot of things, and many of them are larger than you. But I've just eaten you see...>>

<<OK!>> Cosette began to back away. <<So I'll... I'll just go... go this way, and you... you go that way... and no one has to be eaten...>> She attempted a smile, but knew it was unsuccessful.

<<But, you see, you've got me thinking... and when I think, I do get hungry... and you're a convenient snack after all.>>

Cosette's breathing began to gt rapid, and she turned, running. Unfortunately, the large... MOUTH... knew how to move, and was keeping pace with her. She screamed as he called out, in a booming, deep voice, <<GET IN MAH BELLAY!>>

She dashed past a large bush, which rustled. Shrieking, she tried to shift away from the bush, and tripped, rolling past it into the tree on her back. A shape came out, snorting, with long, waving vines, and Cosette had just opened her mouth to scream out, <<Don't eat me!>> when recognition stole the words from her mouth.

<<No one is eating anyone!>>

Jaima was not happy. His feet hurt, his head hurt, and he was separated from his friends, and worried about them, and his pokemon, Mercury wasn't able or willing or whatever in answering him, and he just wanted to lie down and DIE.

He lashed out with his foot at a pile of leaves, felt it connect with something solid, and hissed in pain. The object rolled out, a plain pokeball, and Jaime pounced on it. It was well used and slightly worn, and it was warm to the touch, like it had been sitting in the sun all day, not in the cool night air.

He pressed the button and out came a red bipedal lizard. The charmeleon took one look at him and hissed, a long, mean sound that cause Jaima to back up a step.

"Huh," Jaima said, furrowing his brow. "I'm beginning to think you don't like me."

With a snort, Dante turned and began walking off at a brisk pace, keeping watch for his trainer.

Jaima followed, once and a while rebuffed by an ember attack. "Come on, Danted! I want her back, too! But I'm going to need help!" When Dante didn't answer, nor slow down, Jaima's hands came up at his sides, palms up.

"What do you think, another pokemon is going fall out of the sky?!"

Just then, a white ball with a red band around the middle fell from the branch above, where it had landed, into Jaima's hand. He blinked at it, and the appearance of it even made Dante stop and pay attention. Jaima then looked up, holding his arms out as if to catch something larger than a pokeball, and called, wildly, "Do you think that our friends will fall out of the sky?!"

Of course, nothing happened.

Grondir walked with Cosette, who was still glancing at the now unconscious swalot with trepidation. She looked up at Grondir, then smiled, a slow, wide smile, and Grondir looked back at her and matched the smile.

Picking up her pokeball, he set it on top of his bulb. Cosette looked up, and could see, next to her plain pokeball, another that was, by all appearances, covered in vines.

They looked good together.

"You think they made it?"

"Nah! They were hurled into the air, then scattered. No way they're alive"

A gruff voice, the one that had made the little girl wince, snorted. "Guys. Guys. What have I told you?"

The other two looked at each other, then the one who'd been talking about their deaths raised a finger. "Never trust a twerp to die when they need to."

"Right." The boss released a large, glowering typhlosion. "Burn it. Burn it all."

Without a sound, without any indication that he'd heard or cared, the typhlosion snarled and opened his mouth, releasing gouts of flames that started the forest on fire.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 10 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

“This is the stupidest thing you’ve ever done,” Tuesday admonished herself. “Completely irrational… what the crap are you thinking?” Tuesday stared down at the creek rushing below her and swallowed thickly. “I’m gonna die.”

Crossing the creek was out of the question; Tuesday was too terrified. She knew she couldn’t do it, so she had turned to the next best option.

That was to climb the rocks that formed a sort of natural, precarious bridge, under which the creek ran. It might have sounded easy, but the rocks were slippery and didn’t sit firmly against one another. Tuesday had slipped a number of times and, right at this moment, hung down from the bridge rocks, her fingers wedged into a crack, while her legs kicked for a hold. She had fallen when one of the rocks crumbled beneath her feet and went rolling off into the creek, and now she had a precarious grip on the only thing keeping her from falling into the water.

That wasn’t the worst part, in Tuesday’s opinion. The worst part was that Mercury was only ten yards away, her pokeball wedged under a rock, and the members of Team Deception that she had seen had made themselves a campsite right there, of all places.

Tuesday had tried calling for Mercury, to see if the psychic pokemon could break free of her prison. Either the kirlia couldn’t break free, or she couldn’t hear Tuesday, because the girl couldn’t risk calling any louder for free of being detected.

“There,” Tuesday hissed, as she swung her leg up and worked to pull herself back on top of the bridge. She sat, breathing deeply for a moment, and staring out across the rest of the rocks. It was hard to see in the dark, but she thought she saw the one thing that would keep her from crossing on the rocks.

A big gaping hole in the center of her bridge.

“Crap,” she mumbled. I should have thought of this from the beginning, but… Tuesday looked down at the creek and shuddered. There has to be another way across.

She climbed down from the rocks, slipping on occasion and eventually falling at the end and landing on her rear rather harshly. Wincing and rubbing her sore bottom, Tuesday carefully walked near the edge of the creek, wary of the waters that lapped up at her, trying to find a way across that didn’t involve… crossing.

If I had a pokemon with me, they could go and get Mercury’s ball. Tuesday winced. That didn’t even sound right.

I can’t just leave Mercury’s pokeball there. They could find it, and who knows what they would do to it. She thought about the gun that had, for a time, been pointed at her head. Actually… yes, I know exactly what they would do if they found her. Tuesday thought about the pretty kirlia with the beautiful blue crest lying injured or… or worse, on the ground. If Tuesday left her here, that could happen, and it would be all Tuesday’s fault, because she was… frightened.

Tuesday inched to the edge of the creek, staring down. She shuddered despite herself and looked up, over at Mercury’s pokeball. She was standing right across from it, with only the creek and the rock holding it keeping her and the ball separated.

It’s not really so much, Tuesday thought, trying to reassure herself. This might even connect back to the other creek, and I crossed that with Jaima. Everything was okay, then. We made it across perfectly fine. She whimpered slightly, crossing her arms. I wasn’t alone then, though.

“Mercury…” Tuesday slapped her palms to her forehead and took a deep breath. “Okay, Tuesday, you can do this. Stop being a baby.” She lowered her hands, drew a deep breath, and stared defiantly at the creek. “Let’s do this!”

She stood there for about a minute, before letting out a soft wail at her predicament, and jumping into the creek.

~*~

When Ashleigh ran, he felt like he could fly. He felt like he was the fastest creature on four legs, that he was unstoppable, untamable, unmatchable. No one could ever be as fast as him.

So it took him completely by surprise when someone was suddenly keeping stride with him.

Golden as a rod of lightning, Romeo kept pace with Ashleigh. The houndoom did everything to avoid making it easy for him. He sped up, dashed from side to side, leapt over fallen trees, dashed up rocky slopes, leaping down the other side, and ran as fast as he could over the ground. Romeo never faltered.

It was like a battle without touching, without attacking, and they agreed to have it end in a stalemate, perfectly content to let the other be their match. Ashleigh finally slowed to a trot, Romeo slowing with him, and they both collapsed to the ground, panting with smiles.

As they regained their breath, however, they also regained their memories of why they weren’t with their trainers.

“You haven’t see Danny?” Romeo asked, looking around as though the boy would pop up at any moment from the grass, ready to train them.

Ashleigh shook his head from side to slide and slopped his tongue up to lick his nose. He huffed loudly, his body settling into a more comfortable position. “No,” he said, crossing his left paw over his right and leaning his head down on them. ”I’ve been following the runt’s scent. I can smell her clearly.” He hesitated, regarding Romeo with a look on contemplation. ”You could come with me to find the runt.”

“I needs to find Danny.”

Ashleigh nodded in understanding. It was hard to imagine the houndoom as calm and thoughtful, or as anything that didn’t involve silliness and some manner of stupidity. Only Tempest so far had been privy to the knowledge of exactly how smart the houndoom was.

During their stay at DeBrody’s, Ashleigh had found that there was a lot of fun to be had in chasing the mareep around the pasture. To the simple observer, it would have looked like nothing more than a dog amusing himself with chasing a rather stupid flock of cottonballs around the field, and his insistence on calling them “fluffy piggies” surely didn’t make him appear all that intelligent. However, his conversation with Tempest had revealed to the pikachu that Ashleigh wasn’t all that he appeared to be. He was, surely, not as foolish as he let people think.

Running in a pack on the streets had taught Ashleigh that those who were stronger we at the top, and those who were weak were at the bottom. If you were too weak, you lost your place in the pack, but if you were a threat, you were dealt with. Ashleigh had learned quickly that knowing something was sometimes incredibly useful, as though as you were careful not to reveal how much you knew until the time was right.

Ashleigh wasn’t sure that even Tempest would have believed him if he had admitted to her that chasing the mareep was a form of personal training. On the streets, they had hunted rattata and the occasional pidgey. With the runt feeding him, Ashleigh didn’t have much need to hunt, and so he would lose a lot of the strength and speed he got from that necessity if he didn’t keep up a firm regiment of training.

Chasing mareep around a field tested his speed, his ability to make split-second turns, dodge around too-slow pokemon and leap over prairie holes. It was this training and his life on the streets which allowed him to be such a great battler. As a houndoom, his defenses weren’t very good, but he knew this, and that knowledge helped him. If he didn’t have a good defense, then he would simply have to counter that with a good speed. That’s why he was a good battler; because he could think ahead, and because he was smart, even if he made sure he didn’t show it.

“I need to find the runt,” Ashleigh said, sitting up and looking at Romeo. ”I have her scent and she’ll be easy to find. If you come with me, we can find her and then lead her to your Danny.” He growled low in his throat at the thought of their enemies. ”We’re stronger in a pack.”

Romeo stared at him for a long time, before nodding, and they two raced off again.

~*~

Visions of that attack so long ago flashed like snapshots through her head. In her mind’s eye, she saw the feraligatr’s great maw open to release a water attack that she had actually not seen initiated until the very last moment, but her imagination filling in the gaps. The jet of water, so fast and overwhelming consumed her, and then there was darkness like the night in which she stood, and cold like that which surrounded her legs.

The water came up to her waist. It wasn’t actually moving that quickly, but to Tuesday it rushed toward and around her like an enemy, as though she were a rattata being circled by a Persian, over and over and over again.

Tuesday had her teeth clenched tightly together as she waded through the creek, wincing every time she felt the ground shift beneath her or the water lapped too high. It seemed to take forever to cross the creek, but then she was across, stumbling toward the rock that had Mercury’s pokeball trapped.

She dropped to her knees next to the rock, reaching under it to the cul-de-sac and wrapping her fingers around the pokeball. It was wedged harder under the rock than she had thought, and Tuesday had to wiggle it back and forth and work it roughly out of its trapped position. She could almost hear the rock scraping against the clay that decorated the ball, and Tuesday winced when she had to pull sharply on the ball. She finally did manage to pull it out, but she let out a groan when she looked at it. The clay was scratched and scraped, the decorative ball ruined. Tuesday hoped Jaima wouldn’t be too mad.

You haven’t ever seen Jaima mad,” Tuesday thought sharply, slightly annoyed at herself. Granted, there had been that time on Mt. Carello when he had taken a swing at that… man, but that had been in an attempt to protect them all. Tuesday had never seen Jaima mad at any of them. She wondered if he was even capable of getting truly mad.

Tuesday stood up, Mercury’s pokeball clutched tightly in her hands. She held the scratched and scuffed ball close as she warily regarded the creek. She really didn’t want to have to cross it again.

A twig snapped behind her and Tuesday turned sharply to see a pair of crimson eyes staring at her out of the shadows. Tuesday took a step back, her breath catching. “M-Mercury,” she whispered.

The pokeball burst open, Mercury appeared in a flash. She had herself positioned in front of Tuesday, but her eyes had widened with the realization that she could not sense this enemy.

“Aw, dang…”

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 11 2010, 12:46 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

“Trust my flaming luck!” Darryn moaned, folding his arms and pouting down at the Pokemon that had materialised from the unmarked Pokeball. It glared up at him menacingly, clicking its claws back and forth like a petulant child.

Eggheart tottered back to Darryn, equally unimpressed and held her arms up for the Co-ordinator to lift her. Once back up in his embrace, she pulled a face at the Corphish facing them and blew a raspberry. The orange crab clacked its claws angrily and danced from foot to foot in a rage.

“Calm down, claw-thingy.” Darryn rolled his eyes. “You’re going back in the ball anyway…” As he raised the Pokeball, Darryn’s ears picked up the sound of snapping branches and the rustled of leaves. He span to face it, Rockclaw following suit. Somewhere in the darkness nearby emanated a viscious growl.

“Oh, just perfect. We get attacked and all I’ve got with me is a baby and an overgrown shrimp… F.M.L.”

All three tensed up as the hidden presence drew nearer, the sound of parting foliage heralding its arrival…

“Siiiir!” It hissed a warning, lumbering towards Darryn with giant, crushing claws atop its head. Giant claws that would have no problem cracking an egg like the Happiny in Darryn’s arms or even the boy’s skull itself.

“Nargh! A Pinsir!” Darryn edged backwards, his hand covering up Eggheart’s mouth as she began to squeal. “Er, Rocky? Is it Rocky? Rockface? Whatever it is – go tell that bug to bug off… You’re a bug, too… Right? So it’s kinda like a relative… Isn’t it?”

Rockclaw clacked his pincers angrily and turned on Darryn, advancing on the Co-ordinator from the other side. Crushing claws one way and slicing pincers the other… Darryn was ready to give up there and then.

“Haphaphaphaphap… PINY!” Eggheart pounced on Rockclaw with a wail, punching the Corphish full-force in the crusty face. With a cry of ‘Cooooor’ Darryn hled up the Pokeball and recalled its sorry ass.

“Thank’s, Precious!” He grinned, the Playhouse Pokemon turning around and waggling her hand at him. “Oops, sorry Eggheart!” She laughed and saluted comically, running back to run to face off against the real opponent. Darryn stepped around her to put himself between the baby and the monstrous bug. “I guess this one is up to me…” He gulped, stooping to pick up a stout stick. He hefted it in both hands and grit his teeth. The Pinsir advanced slowly but surely, its talon-like hands flexing as it prepared to attack… Something red and spherical flew out of nowhere, hitting the Pinsir firmly in the head. Both the bug Pokemon and Darryn blinked with confusion, not knowing what to make of the sudden interruption.

Flames illuminated the night in a flash, blinding Darryn and his foe in an instant. He heard the sound of the Pinsir cry out angrily and blinked away his daze as quickly as possible, swinging his stick from left to right wildly. He felt Eggheart bump into his leg as she staggered about in her own daze, giggling all the while.

“Keep away!” Darryn yelled at his surroundings, swinging the stick as the smallest of noises. “I mean it! Stay away or I’ll-”

A warm, long nose pressed itself into Darryn’s chest and all tension left him. A smile crept onto his lips as his vision slowly returned and the flickering blaze of November’s mane steadied itself before his eyes. Laughing brown eyes looked up at her trainer’s face and slender hooves pounded the sod under foot with a happy rhythm.

“November!” Darryn hugged the Ponyta’s head and kissed her brow. “You found me!”

November lifted her head and rolled her eyes as if to say “well, durr!” but the reunion was shortlived. The Pinsir had recovered much faster than expected and before they knew it, human and Pokemon were separated by a mighty swish of the stag beetle’s horns. With Revenge packing a powerful punch, Darryn hit the ground hard and instantly felt pain wrack his elbow where he had landed. He looked up quickly to find November already back on her feet, screaming her defiance and rearing up to flail madly at her attacker as he advanced.

“Do it, November!” Darryn cried.

As though the command triggered it, the Ponyta began to glow with an incandescent light, pure white filling her every atom. Slender legs became longer and stronger, flames roared out to a longer length and her body swelled to a much larger size. Towering over the Pinsir, November’s new form sprouted a single needle-sharp horn from the center of her forehead and before they knew it, a new Pokemon was standing in her place. Darryn gasped with awe as the sparkling lights of evolution glimmered around his Pokemon’s body like a myriad of fireflies and grinned when he saw the gleam of battle in the once-timid equine’s eye.

“Use Morning Sun!”

A shaft of gleaming golden energy erupted from November producing a column of light that extended high up into the heavens, reaching the clouds in the late night air. It lasted only a few seconds but when it ended, Darryn knew that the battle was already won. He got to his feet to see the Pinsir backing off from the Rapidash slightly with a wariness about it that hadn’t been there before.

“Let’s go with a Flame Wheel.” Darryn smiled to his fire-type, confident that his November would finally have a win to her name before the night was through.

~

Lady glared back over her shoulder again to ensure the girl was keeping up. She was stuck with the most pathetic of the humans that chose to accompany her Prince and that made her mad. Real mad. The male, she could have dealt with – he was respectable, a decent trainer and he new how to fight. The girl-child had powers beyond all of the others and also had some skill to defend herself with thanks to the yellow-haired male. But this girl… What did this girl have that was of any use? Nothing. That’s what.

<Prince Darryn!?>
Lady blasted the message out again, still receiving absolutely no response from the darkened wilderness.

She trotted onwards, the footsteps behind her signalling that the one named Meiko was still following her. That’s the way it should be – why should she follow the human when she had no skill too speak of that deserved respect? The Squirtle knew it, too – why else would he have been so uncaring about landing with the red-haired human?

<Chrome?!>
Lady called Mercury but again, no response was heard.

"It would be better if we were together." The girl had said. Better for who? For the girl, obviously. Not for the Vulpix.

A crunch and thud sounded from behind. Lady reacted instantly, flipping in the air and blasting a wave of psychic energy to gather information from the surrounding dark. All muscles tensed and she darted in the direction of the Meiko-girl, igniting her fire sac to maximum power. She slowed up and relaxed when the returning psychic echoes made clear what had happened. The girl had tripped. Irritated eyes were found upon the female’s face as she got to her feet and brushed herself off. When she saw lady standing there, however, a different look came over her features.

“Oh… There’s no need to worry. I’m fine, see?”

Lady raised her nose and turned away.

<I am not worried.> She declared to the girl, breaking the silence she had instigated. <But Prince Darryn would be upset if you… Try to keep up.> She trotted off once more, slowing her pace so that the girl was no longer so far behind.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 12 2010, 03:43 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima pressed the button on the premier ball. He was not surprised when Bravo came out of the ball, rose high in the air, and spread his wings, giving forth a ringing cry, sending feathers in a lattice pattern around him.

He was surprised when the bird looked down, squawked once, and flew in a circle, looking frantically for what Jaima assumed to be his trainer.

"He's not here, Bravo." The bird did not react to his voice, not right away. When he was in Bravo's field of vision, Bravo started, as if he hadn't seen Jaima before, and dove down, landing on Jaima's shoulder. Sharp claws pressed harshly into Jaima's flesh, as a warning, it seemed, and Bravo peered into his eyes.

"Geoh?"

Jaima looked into the bird's eyes, knowing he should make an effort to smile, or be friendly, but unable to do so. He settled for no reaction. "I don't know where he is, but I'm going to find him, all of them. I need your help. I need you to fly out and scout, see if you can find them."

Bravo did not move. He merely narrowed his eyes and jutted his head forward, nearly pecking Jaima in the face. "Pid! Geo tto pidge!"

Jaima blinked. "Bravo, we need to find them!" Jaima gently pulled Bravo off of his shoulder, hissing when the talons didn't loosen, leaving long, white scratches on his skin, and put the pidgeotto on his forearm, in front of him. He was heavier, but Jaima made the effort to hold him up. "Now go scout!"

With a mighty heave, Jaima tried to goad Bravo off his arm by raising his arm rapidly, but the bird merely hung on tighter, refusing to leave his arm. Jaima tried again, but Bravo's grip, if possible, only got tighter. Finally, Jaima's arm fell, in fatigue, and Bravo fluttered off, landed on the ground, looked at the blonde trainer with a look of mingled disdain and frustration, as one would look at the village idiot, and snorted.

Dante chortled nearby, looking at Jaima, even pointing. Jaima huffed. "I know, I know... awesome..." he muttered.

Not awesome!

Fang's pokeball had landed, rolled, and, in a fit of curiosity, a treecko gave chase, catching up to it and trying to grab it, but the speed and the fact that the ball was bouncing on the uneven ground made catching hard. The treecko managed to get a digit to hit the ball, right on the button, which released the pokemon inside into a tumbling sprawled mess.

"Treeck!" cried the plant pokemon, scampering away. The object of his fear, however, was not fearful at all, but instead was in the most undignified position his species could be in without the addition of frilly pink clothing; rump in the air, head on the ground, mouth wide open and drooling.

He woke up, shaking his head. What had hit him? The question was forgotten, instantly, at the appearance of a bare field, and trees, and his ball, but no pokemon, no trainers... no one.

His heart clenched. Memories seeped past his shock, and his ears drooped. Had he really been that big of a glameow, snarling at Grondir and threatening to eat the kid?! Had they left him over it?

He'd been abandoned once, but his ball kept telling him that Jaima was awesome and wouldn't do that! Had his ball lied?

But there it was, over to the side, abandoned, with the special decorations that his master had put on it, letting him watch, not yelling at him, not even the time he'd gotten paint all over his paws...

But it wasn't broken. It hadn't been snapped in two like the other one had... so why was he abandoned?

He went to the pokeball, and was going to put himself back inside it, but he smelled smoke. At first he thought maybe Zorro was playing a trick, but then he realized... that wasn't just a little smoke.

So maybe he'd been forgotten, or dropped, or... not abandoned. Maybe...

He grabbed the ball in his mouth and ran, looking for someone, anyone, because even if he'd been abandoned, and even if that smoke wasn't too close to him, yet, they were out there, somewhere, and probably closer to the smoke.

He ran.

Meiko mumbled under her breath, well aware that the vulpix could hear her, but not caring. For the most part, her brief anger at Lady's uncaring attitude had passed anyway. Now she was grousing about Team Deception ruining yet another night. It didn't help anything, but it kept her mind off of her aching feet.

"Ouch!"

At least, it had.

Meiko bent down and pulled the offending object away from the ball of her foot, not even looking to see if Lady had stopped. Holding it up in the sparse moonlight, she saw that it was arced and blue, broken into a point. Investigating further, she saw bits of machinery and more shattered parts.

It had, once, been a great ball. Now it was a twisted wreck, but, worse, there were some sap-like oozings on it.

Then Meiko remembered. Tuesday had had a pokeball just like this on her nightstand in Arasam after she'd run away. It was the ball she'd caught Ashleigh in.

"Oh, no," she moaned, blinking away tears. "Oh, Ashleigh..."

Lady's ears perked up, as Meiko began to gather the shards and pieces, sniffing. The sap might have been the blood of a plant type, but it still was distressing. She could barely hold the pieces, but she walked a little further and found, resting where it crashed in the middle of a strong smelling fern, a backpack. She pulled out a shirt from it, wrapping the parts in there, hefted it, then set it down, looking for, and finding, shoes; black oriental style slippers with rubber soles. Jaima's shoes.

Sliding them on her feet, where they hung like clown shoes, Meiko started forward, carrying Jaima's backpack and wiping away angry tears.

No one, not human or pokemon, deserved to die like that.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 12 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

The red eyes bounced in the darkness, glowing fiercely, as their owner dashed forward. Tuesday took a fearful step back as Mercury shivered but remained in front of her, and then their attacker leapt out of the darkness and was revealed.

“Oh, no no no no no-” Mercury’s pleas were cut off by a long, slobbering tongue rolling up her face and leaving a trail of drool behind. “Gross! Ashleigh!”

“I missed you, Sparkly Dancer!”

Tuesday let out a squeal and the two turned to see Romeo standing on his hind legs, his forepaws on Tuesday’s chest as he licked her face and neck ruthlessly. Tuesday scratched the jolteon behind the ears, grinning. Romeo panted heavily and dropped to the ground, rolling onto his back as Ashleigh flopped next to him.

”Double belly ruuuuuuub!” they both declared loudly.

Tuesday giggled as she rubbed their stomachs, smoothing down Romeo’s soft fur and enjoying the soft warmth of Ashleigh’s underbelly. “You guys scared us. We thought you were dangerous.”

“They are dangerous,” Mercury said, wiping her face disgustedly.

Tuesday looked up at the kirlia and smiled, but when she opened her mouth to reply, she was interrupted by a roar that sounded behind her. The two dogs stopped wagging their tails and everyone turned in sync to see what creature stood behind them.

A large hairy tree-like pokemon stood, roaring, a nasty gleam in its eye. Tuesday swallowed thickly and staggered back a little. “A sh-shiftry,” she stammered.

She knew a lot about shiftry, having studied up on pokemon who were especially dangerous. This particular breed was in the top five, being a pokemon that enjoyed causing others pain. They were ridiculously fierce, cruel, and strong, and they were a dark-type.

A low growl that started so softly that Tuesday didn’t at first hear it swiftly grew into a barking snarl. Ashleigh was crouched low to the ground, his tail dropped between his legs and crimson eyes glowing through narrowed slits. His lips were pulled back, baring sharp yellow fangs that snapped sharply at the air, spraying saliva.

“Ashleigh!” Tuesday cried, as the shiftry advanced, “Smog!”

~*~

“Tai Tai Tai Tai Taillooooooooooo!”

High in a tree, a taillow beat its wings as it fiercely pecked the spherical invader of its nest. The taillow’s beak continued to peck at the offending pokeball, until it pressed the button on the front of the ball and, in a flash of red light, the ball burst open. The taillow pecked ferociously at the creature that came out of it.

Tempest’s eyes narrowed as the small, sharp beak made contact with her head. She turned a glare onto the bird but gained no reaction but an angry squawk, and the bird changed from merely pecking her to also clawing her with its talons.

And then its talons latched onto Tempest’s tail.

A lightning bolt shot down from the sky, piercing the taillow. The bird let out a sharp, surprised squawk, and tumbled from the nest to the forest floor.

With a sharp, angry “chu!”, Tempest kicked her pokeball out of the nest and leapt out after it.

“Ouch!”

Tempest blinked in surprise to hear the exclamation as her pokeball slammed down on top of someone’s head. And then she crashed down on top of a mass of hair that reeked of flowers and fruit.

Tempest glanced down at her downy cushion and then leapt off, sauntering away with a unconcerned, “Oops.”

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 14 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

“Hey!” Darryn rubbed his hair, making sure to sweep it back into place, and stooped to pick up the Pokeball. “A simple ‘hello’ would have worked just as well, y’know?”

Tuesday’s Pikachu made an “oh shush” motion with a few flippant sweeps of a paw and walked off into the dark, her jagged tail following like the banner of a proud warrior. Darryn rolled his eyes and collected Eggheart and Rockclaw’s Pokeball before nodding to November who trotted after the electric rodent.

~

“Hey, Temmie!” November’s larger hooves clopped in the dirt, falling into a very slow walk to keep pace with her much smaller ally. The Pikachu had a sort of ballsy kick-assness about her that November loved – it reeked of self confidence and a lack of care for what others thought that the equine secretly wished she could have for herself. “Temmie?”

“Didn’t I tell you to stop calling me that?” Tempest asked with a raised eyebrow, sparks crackling from her cheeks as she continued her march into the depths of the forest.

“Yeah, about that…” November snorted, “It’s not gonna stop…”

“I see.” The reply had a hint of amusement although it carried more than its fair share of annoyance. Tempest looked up again. “Did you get bigger or something?”

“Evolved, didn’t I?” November said proudly, tossing her resplendent flaming mane like one of the females from one of the many human haircare product adverts. She hadn’t has chance to catch her reflection in a puddle, window or even the eyes of someone else but she knew she looked better. She could feel it!

“I take it you actually won a battle then?”
Tempest sniffed, skipping over an exposed root. “Big step up.”

“Like, totally.” November grinned, reliving the glorious moment where she crushed that Pinsir’s exoskeleton and sent it crying back into the dark. “Didn’t know what hit ‘im.”

They walked on for a while, Tempest looking back quickly to spy Darryn following, a concerned look on his face. The pink little smile of Eggheart grinned out from his shirt, a Pokeball tucked safely into her pouch.

“So, what’s the glossy-haired one got planned?” Tempest asked, brimming with static energy. It was clear she was impatient – eager to find her own master.

“Ah, the situache? Well, Darryn’s been totally phenom. I found him just waiting in the woods, with the baby egglette, and then *WHAM!* I kicked that stupid bug thing to the curb and stomped his ass back under whatever rock he crawled out from. Then we talked, Darryn did the talking, and we decided, Darryn decided, that we should go looking for the others. That’s when you dropped out of nowhere and now, here we are!”

Tempest’s face scrunched up and her eyes narrowed. With a growl she stopped walking and turned around, glaring at the boy following them.

~

“WAH!” Darryn narrowly dodged a Thundershock and pushed Eggheart down into his sweater for protection. “Tempest! What gives?!”

“PIKA! Pika pika pikachu! Pikachu!” Came the angry reply, coupled with a hiss and a baring of teeth.

“Look, I can’t understand you so shouting at me doesn’t help!” Darryn responded, still holding his arms defensively over the bulge against his chest. Tiny arms and legs kicked to be let out but they were easily restrained.

“Chuuu.”

November’s hoof stomped down in front of Tempest, blocking her path. She looked up at November angrily but the Rapidash’s intent stare and whinny seemed to prevent the Electric Mouse from going any further. A stunned silence passed within the odd group, interrupted only by Eggheart’s successful escape from Darryn as she slid out of his shirt and dropped to the floor.

“Look, everyone.” Darryn opened his inner eyes, bathing in the Emotaglows that welcomed his Sight. “I know you are scared, angry, worried and impatient but arguing and running off won’t help anyone. Look, we’re all fine so being optimistic and assuming that the others are also doing good is what we’re going to do.” Suspicion and irritation flashed through Tempest’s aura. “But, we need more of a plan – just walking through the forest isn’t going to help.”

“Pi! Pi pikachu!” Tempest declared, holding out her paws in a ‘FINALLY!’ expression.

“So, November’s Morning Sun was huge, huge, meaning someone is bound to have seen it. But, that means our not–so-stylish friends will have seen it too, so we have to keep moving. I also know that putting you in your Pokeball won’t keep you in it as you’re one of the ones that has worked out how to get out on your own, aren’t you?” He asked Tempest. She inspected her fingernails, looking unimpressed.

“So you can ride up with me or walk – November’s going back in her ball.”

The Rapidash stomped and her eyes widened dramatically.

“You’re on fire - it’s too much of a giveaway for the bad guys to find us. But, if anything happens I’ll call you out. I promise.” Darryn nodded, watching his fire-type’s aura mellow out, accompanied by a nod. He recalled her quickly and tucked her Repeat Ball into his pocket alongside Rockclaw. Bending down, he took Tempest’s ball from Eggheart’s pouch and put it with the others.

“You’re our first line of defence.” Darryn told Tempest, returning Eggheart to her rightful place in his sweater. “So we’re counting on you to keep sharp. Don’t worry about the direction we’re going – south west is right towards Petropolis.” A doubtful cloud of grey passed over the Pikachu. “Moss grows on the north side of the trees.” Darryn smiled at her. “There’s always a plan.”

Tempest raised a wry eyebrow before uttering a curt “Chu” and scampering up to his shoulder. Eggheart giggled with glee and together they moved on into the fading dark – the sky was beginning to pale and in only a few short hours the sun would make an appearance.

*Just be safe, everyone.*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 15 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Having shoes on made travel much, much faster. Meiko didn't have to worry about the jutting rocks and sticks on the forest floor, which was just as well, since her heart and mind were occupied with other worries.

Jaima's backpack was heavier than her own; she stored most of her things in pokeball like item holders, where as Jaima had chosen a more traditional route, but Meiko didn't complain. She was mourning Ashleigh, who, if he had been in his ball at the time, would have been killed when t broke, dissipating as energy when the mechanism storing him inside had broken.

Eggheart was with Darryn, but what of the rest of her pokemon? Desertdancer, Ramhorn, Cosette, even Rockclaw, any one of them could be hurt, or dead, dis-incorporated like Ashleigh or attacked by a strong forest pokemon.

What about Tuesday, and Darryn, and Jaima? What if they hadn't survived like she had? What if they'd--

She shoved that thought out of her head. She already had to deal with the prospect of telling Tuesday she'd lost a pokemon. She didn't want to have to think of losing her friends, not now.

To the left, there was a rustling in the bush. Lady immediately moved between the source of the noise and Meiko, bristling, and she swallowed, thickly, releasing Victor as well. Victor looked up at her, with a face full of hope. The expression crumpled, quickly, into dejection. Meiko understood. She'd have rather have been releasing Chompwater, or even Rockclaw, than a pokemon that wasn't hers.

"I need your help, please, Victor..."

The squirtle looked up at her, huffed a breath, and turned to face the bush where Lady was facing. Two formed crawled out, slowly, to confront the two pokemon with Meiko...

Jaima ignored the pain in his feet, walking, trodding, through the forest. He hadn't yet found any of his friends, nor any other pokemon. To top it off, his stomach was churning, both in hunger and fear, wondering about his friends, wondering where he was, wondering if Bravo was sick or something, and that was why he didn't seem to understand. As he watched, trying in vain to speak to Bravo, he noticed a glazed expression in the pidgeot's eye.

And he was starting to see double, starting to get dizzy, and wondered if that pokeball that had hit him in the whirlwind had hit him a lot harder than it'd felt.

In the meantime, Dante was keeping a steady pace, turning to glare at Jaima once in a while, and Bravo was perched on top of his head, the shoulder not being an ideal spot at all. This did not help Jaima's headache, and once he thought something warm and wet had struck him in the back, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to know what it was.

There was an odd smell in the air, and Jaima wasn't sure how much of it was because he might have a concussion.

A scyther passed him on the left, and Jaima blinked. Scyther were typically reclusive and territorial, but this one was neither hiding nor attacking.

Jaima was distracted by this thought by the tromping sounds of a rhydon thundering past. Even Dante began to look concerned, and Bravo flapped his wings harshly, pulling at Jaima's scalp.

This did nothing for his headache.

Jaima turned around, and could see, through the shadows of the trees, a flicker, which slowly began to grow in his vision.

"Um, guys? It's time to go!" He turned, running, and pulled out both pokeballs, recalling Bravo and a surprised Dante as he sprinted away from the approaching fire.

Tsunami hated the pokeball. Oh, it was a necessity, she understood that, but she also understood that she was usually only put into this thing with an explanation as to why it was happening, and that, she knew, hadn't happened. She didn't used to mind it. It used to be a welcome respite from hearing her old trainer talk about how weak she was, and how she wouldn't get anything done for him. But her new trainer, she completely acknowledged, had spoiled her forever for her pokeball.

Also, being cooped up gave her time to worry, and worrying solved nothing. She couldn't sense where she was, since there were no currents flowing over her fins, and she couldn't see what was going on, since the ball had no window to the outside.All she could do was float in the nothingness and hope for the best.

There was that blue light. It was a nice blue light, and it seemed, at times, to allow things like air, or sounds, or even a brighter light through it. Maybe, if she could reach it, she could find a way out of the ball with that l ight...

She stretched toward it, and felt herself yanked, pulled out, and falling onto solid, wet, wonderful MUD.

She would have dug into it, rolled in it, except that something distracted her. Picking up her pokeball, which she liked on the outside because her new trainer had made it look like she had before she grew, she plunged into the river, catching up to the small red and white pokeball that had floated past her.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 20 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

“Ashleigh!”

The houndoom let out a yelp as he was thrown backward, hitting the ground hard and rolling, kicking up a dust as he came to a stop. His chest rose and fell quickly as he panted, and he staggered to his feet with his tongue lolling out. There was a thin layer of foam that dribbled from his mouth as he panted, the intense battle taking its toll.

Shiftry, Tuesday recalled, were especially weak to fire. The fact that this one was still battling at what appeared to be full power seemed to indicate that he was extremely powerful.

Because she knew Ashleigh was no weakling.

The houndoom’s normally jester-like tomfoolery was absent, and in its place there was a keen sense of strength. Those crimson eyes were sharp as they remained fixed upon the shiftry, and Tuesday could see the muscles rippling beneath the thin layer of black fur that coated the lithe dog’s body.

The shiftry let out a sharp snarl, and Ashleigh moved, leaping to the left.

A series of leaves, spinning like shuriken, cut through the air where he had been standing moment’s ago, and impaled themselves in the trunk of a tree.

“Ember!”

Ashleigh raced in quickly, lips pulled back in a snarl as his eyes locked with the waiting shiftry’s. Ashleigh leapt.

“Romeo!” Tuesday cried.

The jolteon leapt out of the shadows, racing like lightning across the earth from behind the shiftry, who had been, to this moment, completely unaware. As the jolteon’s extended spiky fur glittered with electricity, the shiftry turned to face this new, flashier threat.

Leaves burst out, spinning like shuriken, racing through the air at the jolteon. They struck sharply, throwing the electric dog backward through the air… until his form flickered and vanished from sight.

And the ember attack struck his back.

The shiftry howled and spun to face Ashleigh, whose mouth was full of flames. It was the paws of the jolteon that he came in contact with first, however, as Romeo slammed into his face with a fierce Double Kick.

The shiftry reared back with an angry roar, and the wind began to pick up. A sudden rush of air exploded into a funnel before their eyes, as the shiftry used a whirlwind attack. Tuesday let out a cry as the wind buffeted her, her long hair whipping her sharply in the face and stinging her eyes.

Romeo and Ashleigh were hunkered together, low to the ground. Romeo couldn’t use double team successfully in such a wind, and both were trying to keep from being blown away by the whirlwind.

Mercury only had one attack that could even affect the shiftry, so Tuesday did the only thing she could think of.

She grabbed a pokeball off of her belt and chucked it at the tree-like pokemon.

The shiftry disappeared in a flash of red light, and the winds stopped. Both Romeo and Ashleigh looked at the shaking pokeball in surprise.

“Guys, come on!” Tuesday yelled.

The dogs leapt to their feet when the pokeball exploded open, releasing an even angrier shiftry, who snarled fiercely.

And was immediately sucked into another pokeball.

“With me,” Tuesday called, both dogs racing toward her. She turned and started running away. Behind her, she could hear the pokeball burst open, releasing the shiftry, but she didn’t stop. She knew that the pokemon was too powerful for her. Courage was knowing when to run, and now was the perfect time.

Tuesday couldn’t hear the shiftry behind them and took that as a good sign, as she and the two dogs did their best to put as much distance as possible between them and the walking carpet.

~*~

Stepping out from around a large pile of rocks that served as half of bridge across the small creek, a man with rusty red hair watched the young girl race away with two canid pokemon en tow.

The shiftry, growling fiercely, rushed to go after them, but the man maximized a dark orb and threw the heavy ball with an expert hand. It struck the shiftry on the back and sucked him into its depths, collapsing to the ground where it continued to shake until it had done as much as electronically possible to tame the beast within.

Stepping over fronds and twigs, the man picked up the heavy ball and stared at it contemplatively. “You’ll follow to the ends of the earth those you seek revenge against.” He smirked sharply as he gripped the pokeball tight. “And you’re going to help me get that girl.”

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:58 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.