Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Partner Request Thread
Master Houndoom
post Mar 31 2011, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

This is the place to request partners. Because of the differences between PANE, where Partners were introduced, and Uprising, there is a slight difference in Partners:

Partners in PANE were to allow players a chance to have a chance to have the roleplay experiences to play different aspects of the Pokemon world, including contests, pokeathelons, gym battles, musicals (?), and other things in that vein, without making their character seem unrealistic. It also has the added benefit of giving the character a constant companion.

In Uprising, there's no real call for any of those things: This is, more or less, a Pokemon at War™ roleplay. However, partners can have their benefits here as well, creating an equal teammate or a rival that will give your character a challenge. As such, the following rules apply:
  • Partners will always be no greater than equal to the player they are partnered to. Their pokemon can be less powerful, but never more powerful. Even if they pull a pokemon from their boxed inventory, that pokemon cannot bring the average level of their team past the average level of their PC Partner's team.
  • The Partner may catch pokemon for themselves. Requests for this will be handled in the exact same way as other catch requests.
  • Unlike pokemon levels, a partner may be of a higher rank than their partner. However, they may not be Officers ever.
  • To have a partner, you must have scored 10/15 levels in at least one roleplay.
  • Partners may NOT be in an opposing faction unless they are *explicitly* meant to be The Rival.

The application for a Partner is nearly identical like the one for players, except that we must have a link to the Current Levels post of the applicant to be sure that they meet the score requirement, and there must be an explanation of the Partner's relationship to the PC, meaning we must know why this person is in your plyer character's life. Post below, and have fun!

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 31 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

Here you go. (copypasta)
Link to Progress Tracking

Name: Lanette Saital
Hometown: Alto Mare, Johto

Appearance: Despite what others think, Lanette’s crimson hair is natural. The result of a birth defect, what would’ve been cherry blonde became striking red, making her an oddity among the other girls. Whatever fates controlled beauty blessed her with striking features, her face smooth and perfectly shaped. Her skin is silky and slick in appearance, a colorful but at the same time pasty tan color. Lanette’s ears are round and her nose is slightly pointed. Her typical outfit, when she isn’t in on duty, consists of a pink denim jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, with white jeans cut at the ankle.

Personality: Lanette is shy and rather meek, but always determined to do her best. Although it’s not her style, she’ll never decline a challenge when it’s presented. When she isn’t in a competitive zone, she’s one of the most pleasant and compassionate people one could meet, and she cares greatly for others’ feelings. When she can, she helps, even if it’s a complete stranger, and no matter the job. She rarely gets angry, and when she does, it’s short lived and quiet. Lanette’s quick to forgive and forget, and is honest and kind.

Biography: Born to a struggling family of four, Lanette was the youngest of three siblings and her widowed, mother. Growing up, her only male role model was her eldest sibling, Jason. Her mother was always distraught and stressed, working almost all around the clock to make ends meet. At age three, Lanette’s ten year-old brother went off to try his hand at being a pokemon trainer, coming back after only a year to help the family. Soon after, when Lanette was seven, her older sister, Mylissa, also tried to go on an adventure, but came back even sooner than Jason had.

Alto Mare was not a great place to Lanette. Having lived there her entire life, the sights of the town didn’t impress her anymore, and she wanted to see the world. So, at eleven, she also left on her own adventure, expecting to make a success of herself. In the end, all she did was fail like her siblings before her. Though she had earned one badge, it was two less then Jason had before he had returned home. The unhappy Lanette lived in Alto Mare for a few more months before deciding to try it again.

This time she knew it would be different. Near Azalea Town, Lanette ran into another young trainer about her age, named Vincent. They quickly became good friends and they traveled together around the world. For two years they became close, collecting badges and making a name for themselves as the best battling duo on the streets. Between them, Vincent and Lanette had collected every badge in Johto, Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh once, though Vincent had been the one to actually earn them all.

Soon after, the time came for Vincent to go home. Lanette decided to go with him; he was cute, and very affectionate to her. They started dating and a year later decided to marry. But when Vincent’s father upset him, the poor boy ran away from home, to Noverus, where he became a prominent Team Aqua officer. Lanette, compelled to be with him, left the Lance residence to go after him a few months later. The two made peace with Vincent’s father soon after.

Prefered Faction: Team Aqua, Grunt II

Pokemon:

mothim.gif Mothim level 21
Mild nature
Tackle, Protect, String Shot

Notes: Mellow, calm, stoic. Usually doesn't go out of its way or spend any extra effort on anything.

beautifly.gif Beautifly level 22
Timid nature
Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting, Absorb

Notes: Shy, affectionate, but slow to warm up to people. Always tries its hardest, but isn't comfortable around strangers.

ponyta.gif Ponyta level 22
Adamant nature
Flame Charge, Stomp, Tail Whip, Flame Wheel

Notes: Active, kinetic. Love to run and play. Friendly when in familiar company, though tenses up when around strangers

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Mar 31 2011, 01:21 PM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Mar 31 2011, 01:08 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

I don't know if the part about them marrying has been mentioned in a roleplay or in a roleplay contest. If it has not, it can't be in the profile since it hasn't happened.

Also, in order to approve it, I need a link to your Progress Tracking post.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 31 2011, 01:20 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

There you go.

I forgot I hadn't finished the RP I'm in yet. They get married at the end of that. I'll edit out that part until the RP is finished.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Mar 31 2011, 01:21 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Mar 31 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Approved. Paste this into a new post on your profile thread.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 31 2011, 03:45 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

(It appears I lack the administrator level to post in my own profile thread. I can edit into the original post, if that works.)

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Mar 31 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

I have temporarily moved the profile to the profile to the main profiles board, where you should be able to add that post as needed. I'll move it back when it is done.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Amissa
post Apr 1 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 696

Uprising Team

Caroline's Progress Tracking

Name: Derrick "Rick" Wilson Kelly
Hometown: Noverus, Hoenn

Appearance: Rick is a tall and rather slender young man with black hair spiked upward. His hair is dyed however, and he's actually a blonde and he has green eyes like his sister. Rick is pale skinned with freckles and his right eyebrow is pierced. Rick has a rough, shadowed appearance. He's not quite gaunt, but he has a look of a person who has missed a few crucial meals. Now that he's joined Team Magma, he almost always wears his uniform, the red hooded jacket with a black shirt and red pants. Rick rarely smiles, but usually keeps an expression of focused determination.

Personality: Rick is a bold and passionate individual. He can be stubborn and strongly opinionated, which leads to conflicts. Rick sticks by the people that he cares the most about through thick and thin, but everything else is expendable. He doesn't care much what he has to resort to in order to obtain what he thinks he wants or needs. He is also very careful not to grow too attached to new people, since he expects that most people are like him and willing to use him as a tool to obtain whatever they want. This antisocial attitude extends to pokemon as well, and he does his best to maintain the idea that even his team is expendable under certain circumstances. Rick also has a tendency to be a bit paranoid and controlling, which comes as a result of living in the dangerous and often unpredictable poor district of Noverus. It isn't difficult to enrage Rick, and he'll quickly start a fight or a pokemon battle (as long as he thinks that he can win) over seemingly trivial conflicts or even just for the joy of a short power trip. He enjoys saying and doing things that make other people feel stupid or insignificant because it makes him feel superior and more in control.

Biography: Rick was never satisfied with his family barely surviving in the poor district. This was the source of a great deal of his anger and misbehaving as a child. He was bullied and abused by bigger, older boys who were just as angry and frustrated as he was. He never felt safe or calm or comfortable. Rick was a troublemaker all through his school years until he finally dropped out of high school at the age of sixteen. At that time, Rick graduated from being a troublemaker to an outright delinquent and hoodlum. He got into fights, he helped rob stores, and he picked pockets. Rick obtained his first pokemon, his totodile, by stealing it from a smaller boy that he beat up.

Nothing Rick tried seemed to quench the burning fury that he felt inside or calm his constant anxiety. All around him, he felt as though everyone was suffering and dying and there was nothing that he could do about it. Team Magma controlled everything, including who gained favor and resources. No matter how much of a bully he became, Team Magma could still bully him and his entire family. More than anything, Rick wanted to be free from that oppressive force. He wanted to live a life where he no longer had to constantly struggle and be afraid.

However, he did have that pokemon that he stole. Rick wasn't sure what he wanted to do at first, but he took his totodile and some pokeballs that he had also stolen here and there. He went out to the outskirts and he trained, and he captured three more pokemon, an ekans, an electrike, and a meditite. Soon, Rick realized that when he was with his pokemon, he didn't feel angry or anxious. It was the most like a sense of peace that he'd ever felt. Pokemon, they were going to be his way out of the poor district, he was sure of it.

Unfortunately, the situation at home took a turn for the worst. Rick's mother was diagnosed with a deadly breast cancer, and the family didn't have the money to pay for her medical treatment. Without the treatment, Rick's mother would die. Rick's younger sister Caroline soon announced to the family that she was dropping out of school and that she had obtained a job. She intended to help pay for their mother's treatment. For Rick, this was the last that he could bear. He had dropped out of school when he was sixteen, but not Caroline, not his little sister. He loved her more than he loved anyone, and the idea of her having to sacrifice her future was simply too much. Roughly, he had grabbed his sister by the arm and dragged her outside.

“This is all I have to give you right now. They’ll protect you until I can,” Rick told her, handing her the pokeballs containing an ekans and an electrike. “I’ve got to go away for a while, Caroline. I can’t let this happen! I promise, I’ll find some way to make things better. I won’t let what happened to me happen to you too. I won't let our family be stuck here forever!"

Then he had left, having no idea where he was going to go or what he was going to do. He hung around the poor district for a day or two, hiding out in some abandoned buildings. One day, as he watched a group of Magma members arresting a young man his own age, the idea struck him. It would be his way out, the ticket to freedom for himself and his family. He wouldn't just save himself from the hell of the Noverus slums, but he would take them all with him. He would join Team Magma!

This was much more difficult to actually accomplish. When he tried to join up, they were skeptical about his loyalty and his skills. He had a criminal record, so he had to prove that he was up to the job by completing a few missions. Within a few weeks, he was not only Magma, but he had earned a promotion from Recruit to Grunt. Finally, he returned home to his family, and everything worked out just as he planned. His mother's medical treatment was paid for, his whole family was upgraded to nicer housing, his sister quit her job and enrolled in the Magma Private Academy, and his family would receive a paycheck for his work to pay for other expenses. Finally, things were just right.

There was one problem though. Ever since he came home, his relationship with his sister has become oddly strained. Caroline didn't seem to trust the new uniform, but that didn't seem like a big deal. She would get used to it, Rick figured. Then he had that mission where he had to take one of Caroline's pokemon from her and turn it in to his boss. Caroline was furious over that. Rick still holds out hope that Caroline will eventually come to understand that he's doing what's best for the family, but he's beginning to lose tolerance for her increasingly rebellious behavior. Rick loves his little sister. He would die for her even, and that's why he plans on keeping a close eye on her. He needs to keep her in line, for her own good.

Preferred Faction: Team Magma, Grunt

Pokemon:

Currently at level 13
Nature: Rash
Ability: Torrent
Scratch / Leer / Water Gun / Rage / Bite
Totodile's background (click to show)

Currently at level 12
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Pure Power
Bide / Meditate / Confusion / Detect
Meditite's background (click to show)

Currently at level 13
Nature: Serious
Ability: Keen Eye
Tackle / Growl / Quick Attack / Wing Attack / Double Team
Starly's background (click to show)

Essentially, I want him to by my rival/villainy partner. Rick doesn't know it yet, but he and Caroline will have wars.

--------------------

Daniel Worthington

[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 1 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Approved. I will move your profile to the main profile section for you to add this to it (as a separate post, please, it will be easier to keep track that way). Once I see it is done, I will move the profiles back to "Approved".

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

deyv87
post Apr 6 2011, 05:09 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 598

Tyler's group

Tyler' Progress Tracking

Name: Jay Williams a.k.a. Allen Wrench
Hometown: Lavaridge Town, Hoenn

Appearance: Jay stands approximately 6’1” tall, with medium length, wavy brown hair and dark brown eyes. He has a toned, muscular build that is natural from frequently repairing machinery, weighs approximately 200lbs. and has moderately tan skin with hardly any freckles. He prefers neutral or earthy clothing, such as grey shirts and faded black pants, brown boots, and his favorite worn brown leather jacket. Unless he is on a mission, he usually wears a blue bandanna rolled up as a headband and a gold pendant on a leather necklace. He carries his equipment, such as potions and his PokeNav, in the various pockets of his jacket. He keeps his pokemon in balls on his belt, three on either side of his body.

Personality: Jay is very much an extrovert, an optimist, and a bit shortsighted. He’s not exceedingly book smart, and always found it difficult to concentrate in school; however, he loves working with his hands and learning through experience, which has lead to his interest in auto mechanics. He tends to find humor in even the direst situations, which others tend to find either refreshing or annoying. Jay can’t stand spending his time alone, and, if he’s not on a mission or working under the hood of some vehicle, tends to hang out in the Pokémon center’s lobby at the Sanctuary, occasionally joshing with Nurse Joy there. He is usually the first in any group to get bored, but also usually the first to suggest something to do, even if that something is very risky. Even though he loves taking risks, he finds gambling to be boring. He would rather be the jockey racing the rapidash than the gambler watching.

Biography: Jay’s life started in Lavaridge Town, living with his grandparents, Cecil and Lois, and his younger sister by one year, Robin. Robin and Jay’s parents had been killed in a car accident on their way to a vacation in Kanto when Jay was two years old. Cecil and Lois had been babysitting the children at the time, and after finding out what had happened, adopted them. To make ends meet, the retired couple started an herb shop out of their house, selling mostly to the young pokemon trainers who visited the town to battle in the local gym.

Fortunately, business boomed, and the children were able to go to the Pokemon Trainer’s School in Rustboro. Lois rented an apartment and looked after the children while Cecil stayed in Lavaridge to run the shop. There, Jay and Robin grew apart. As Robin studied hard and spent her nights buried in books, Jay ran around town with his new friends, rough housing, and generally being a hoodlum. When he came back home at night he was frequently able to cheat off of Robin’s homework, either through coercion or stealth. During the summers back in Lavaridge, Jay would spend a lot of his time modifying his bike or helping his grandfather repair the family car, as there was very little else to do in such a slow and “relaxing” town.

As a graduation present, Cecil and Lois gave the children two pokemon each. Jay received a male Elekid, whom he named Eddy, and a female Murkrow, whom he named Glinda. Robin received a male Whismer she named Timbre, and a female Wingull she named Maggie because it had a habit of stealing shiny objects as if she were a magpie.

Shortly after graduation, Jay explained to his grandparents that as much as he appreciated them for everything they had done for him and his sister, he simply couldn’t stay cooped up in Lavaridge for much longer, and went off on his pokemon adventure. Not really knowing what to expect, he began travelling north, eventually reaching Fallarbor town. Just outside the town, he caught a male Numel he named Mordechai for no real reason other than that he liked the name at the time. Looking to make a bit of money to fund his travels, Jay went door to door asking if people needed any odd jobs done. A few people took him up on his offer and had him clean gutters or perform yard work. One fellow offered to teach one of his pokemon a new move if he could get his broken down car started. Several days later, Glinda was taught to use the Air Cutter move.

His pockets full of potions, pokeballs, and cash, Jay continued heading Northward. He had heard that things were tough in the city of Noverus, and figured that there must be some interesting pokemon living around that area. Indeed, after a bit of traveling, Jay found a wild Hitmonchan. After a fierce battle, he managed to catch the punching pokemon, and decided to name it Chuck. Unfortunately, he soon ran into a fellow wearing black and red with an ‘M’ on his shirt who was demanding to know what he was doing outside the city. The man began attacking with a Sandslash, and though Jay tried to defend himself, his own party was already weakened, and Jay was knocked unconscious in the scuffle.

He awoke in the back room of a pokemon center, Nurse Joy and a man with short grey hair and a beard, who later introduced himself as Kyle, were standing over him. They explained to him that, while doing some reconnaissance work, Kyle had been following a Magma agent patrolling the perimeter of the city who had suddenly ran off into the wilderness. When he returned carrying Jay’s body, Kyle intervened, knocking the Magma agent out. He couldn’t just leave the guy out in the wilderness unconscious, and brought Jay to the pokemon center.

After having it explained to him that Team Magma wouldn’t let anyone leave the city, Jay saw no other real option and asked to join the rebellion. Since then, Jay has become a local mechanic, while still performing the occasional mission for the rebellion. While on missions, he goes by the name Allen Wrench, and usually he acts as a bodyguard , though recently he has been undergoing stealth training. He’s had a few chances to try to sneak out of the city, but decided to stay and try to help his new friends overthrow Team Magma instead.

Preferred Faction: The Rebellion - Agent II

Starting Pokemon:
Eddy elekid.gif @lv. 15
  • Ability: Static
  • Nature: Relaxed
  • Attacks: Quick Attack, Leer, Thundershock, Low Kick
Glinda murkrow.gif @lv. 15
  • Ability: Super Luck
  • Nature: Brave
  • Attacks: Peck, Astonish, Pursuit, Haze, Wing Attack, Air Cutter
Chuck hitmonchan.gif @lv. 16
  • Ability: Iron Fist
  • Nature: Adamant
  • Attacks: Revenge, Comet Punch, Agility, Pursuit, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch
Mordechai numel.gif @lv. 15
  • Ability: Simple
  • Nature: Docile
  • Attacks: Growl, Tackle, Ember, Magnitude, Focus Energy
Items:
Potion x3
Pokeball x5
PokeNav x1

Additional Notes: I intend for Jay to be tailing Tyler during this next RP, making sure he's rebellion material. Once/if Tyler joins the rebellion, Jay would be Tyler's handler and mentor. If Tyler doesn't join the rebellion, Jay would be Tyler's rival, popping up at all the wrong times to disrupt Magma plans and probably having a personal vendetta against Tyler.

Also worth noting is Murkrows learn Air Cutter from a move tutor, so I'd need to make sure Glinda can have that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 6 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Approved. Glinda may use Air Cutter at or before 21.

I will move Tyler's profile to the main profiles board temporarily for you to change this. When I see that it has been changed, I will move it back to the Approved board.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

deyv87
post Apr 6 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Tyler's group

QUOTE(Master Houndoom @ Apr 6 2011, 11:34 AM) *
Approved. Glinda may use Air Cutter at or before 21.

Sorry, I don't think I quite follow... Glinda can use Air Cutter, but then loses it at level 22?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 6 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

I'm sorry, I meant to say may not use air cutter before level 21. She may use it at that level.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

deyv87
post Apr 6 2011, 12:31 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Tyler's group

Okay, cool. I kinda thought it might have been a typo, but didn't want to assume. Anyway, thanks, and I've already added Jay to Tyler's profile.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Aureylian
post May 22 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #15

Lady of Time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 095

Favorites

Name: Remus Seeley Tennant
Alias: Mr. Rydel
Hometown: Pacifidlog Town

Appearance: Remus' dark brown hair is kept short, as to not get in the way and cover his deep brown eyes. He stands at about 6' 2" and weighs approximately 210 pounds. Although he is in his mid-thirties, he has the face and the build of a man in his twenties. He has a well toned body, which he keeps in shape by running through the woods. His skin is that of a lighter, tanned color. His normal clothing is of a down-to-earth style, mainly shorts and a t-shirt. His choice of clothing while on missions, however, is usually a suit and tie, for he usually goes on undercover missions.

Personality: His personality fits that of a hermit, isolated and antisocial. He lives alone, with the exception of his Pokemon, in a cabin in the woods, located on the outskirts of Noverus. Before the disappearance of Lydia's parents, he was a very audacious young man, running off on missions without thinking of the consequences. After they disappeared, he looked out for himself more and didn't go on missions until he knew what he was getting into. Although has very little contact with other people, aside from the Rebellion when he's needed, he has become close to Lydia, becoming more of a father-figure when he's around her.

Biography: Remus was born into a poor family and grew up in the floating town of Pacifidlog. He traveled around the Hoenn region, searching for jobs to support his family. While in Lilycove, he became best friends with a young boy named James Carson and ended up working for his family doing odd jobs around the house. In order to properly do his job, Remus moved into Carson household, making enough money to take care of his family back home.
Remus and James became quite close, just about as close as two biological brothers. They grew up together and even traveled together on a journey when they were old enough. The two boys ended up in Noverus, which had been taken over by Team Magma. Upon arriving, they were recruited by Team Magma and sent to a training camp.

While at the training, Remus met a young girl named Katherine, who later became James’ wife and mother of Lydia. The three of them were horrified at what Team Magma was doing, controlling all of Noverus and treating Pokemon like slaves, and they broke out of the training camp, on a mission to overthrow Team Magma. Remus, James, and Katherine joined the side of the Rebels, being part of the First Rebellion.

The Rebellion was soon torn apart by Magma retaliations and forced to disperse. The three went into in the Poor District, with their dream of a Magma overthrow still in their minds. Two years after the First Rebellion, their hideout was stormed by Magma grunts. James and Katherine were taken, along with a few other Rebel operative, by the Magma grunts and taken back to Groudon’s Thumb. Remus was barely able to escape, taking with him the young child of James and Katherine.

Fearful that Magma would take the child and raise her for their purpose, he took Lydia out of Noverus to her grandmother’s back in Lilycove. He left the child in her care, but stayed very close to the girl. He became very protective of her and was eventually hired as her tutor.

Lydia’s grandmother never knew that Remus was the best friend of her son or a Rebel, for he went by an alias, known as Mr. Rydel. When Lydia was old enough, he helped her leave her grandmother’s and back to Noverus to find her parents. He didn’t want her going, but he knew that if he didn’t take her then she would go by herself, which was worse. He called one of his contacts inside the Rebellion, sending Lydia, now known as Luna, off on her first mission.

After Lydia, Luna, had gone, he stayed in his cabin, turning it into a new base for Rebel operations. He was still quite antisocial, but he knew that he was needed and that his friends wouldn’t want him to give in. Remus keeps in touch with Lydia, handing out her missions and giving her advice, like a mentor or sorts. He holds onto Lydia's Vulpix, taking care of the Pokemon until she is ready to have her back.

Preferred Faction: Rebellion; Agent

Starting Pokemon:

Sandan
Level: 11
Ability: Sand Veil
Scratch // Defense Curl // Sand-Attack // Poison Sting

Sandan (click to show)

Hermes
Level: 10
Ability: Tangled Feet
Tackle // Gust // Sand-Attack

Hermes (click to show)

Illia
Level: 10
Ability: Overgrow
Vine Whip // Tackle // Growl // Razor Leaf

Illia (click to show)

This post has been edited by Ozzy: May 22 2011, 05:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 23 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

I need to see the Progress Tracking entry before I can go ahead with this.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Aureylian
post May 23 2011, 02:54 PM
Post #17

Lady of Time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 095

Favorites

Oh, sorry, I forgot about that.

Here it is.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 23 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Ordinarily, I'd be a little more nitpicky about the pokemon levels. They are supposed to be the same average as the Main's pokemon's levels (not necessarily the same level by level, or even the same team amount, but the same general levels), but in this case I will allow it, so long as you find a way to normalize this by the next RP (this can be done by having some of Lydia's pokemon grow more than Remus')

And so, approved!

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

knil1
post Jun 8 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #19

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

Marina Ishtar

Other Nickname
When I’m on a mission with “Sol”, my codename is “Mercury”, just so we match, kinda….
Around the Sanctuary Grampa calls me the “Spoiled Rebel”, and it has caught on.
So when I’m not Agent Mercury, I happily accept my title.

I am 17 years old, which is one of my many favorite numbers.

Hometown
I’m not exactly certain, ‘cause it’s a little blurry, but Grampa says that I lived in Noverus for 9 years. Between then and a year ago, I don’t remember...
“You moved back to Kanto for 6 years. I don’t know why you’re taking this interview in the first place.”
Well, I can’t very well be on official “Sneaky” business unless I’m an actual Rebel. Then we can work together for really, Jenny!
“If you won't call me Sol, at least call me Jened….”

Appearance
I am 5’7”, maybe a little tall, but I don’t know. My weight is a secret, but I can give you a BMI of between 20 and 22. I consider myself well-abled in situations that require physical force. My arms are long and smooth, as I take amazing care of my skin.
“This is weird, I’m taking over”
But-but-bu-
“Agent Mercury is fit in the field, her form is fit and active, able to withstand strenuous circumstances.”
Except my fingers turn green when I wear any ring made of a certain type of metal.
“You aren’t helping your application.”
Well, I guess I could just use this file.
“You have a file?”
Of course, Jenny. I wouldn’t show up empty-handed.
*sigh*

Marina is fond of dressy clothes, namely dresses and blouses. She is also quite attracted to brighter colors, namely shades of blue. Her typical outfit is a flowing blue Skirt and matching tank-top that hug her feminine figure. Clearly unprofessional Gear, she makes up for it by wearing a black cut-off Jacket and high-rise tennis shoes. Otherwise, Marina can be seen wearing anything from a flashy handbag and designer clothes to a ball gown around the Sanctuary. And unknown to most people, she typically wears a bikini under her clothes instead of proper undergarments, just in case she gets the urge to swim after work.
She is often found on the sidewalk being carded by a Magma agent because she is so similar to Aqua.

Marina naturally is a dark red head, considered by many to be Amber that would match her ddep violet eyes. However, she has grown quite partial to the dark, almost black, color it is now. It is long and flowing, and unlike people whose hair is too long, hers looks natural and full, opposed to wispy and lacking.

But Jenny, don’t worry, I think your hair looks fabulous too.
“… Just continue on.”

During business, it is, of course, pulled back and put into a ponytail. But during free time, the style changes as much as her outfits, changing between pigtails, curls, bumped, even an afro at one point.

Personality
Oh, Mr. Applicant person, I think this will be your favorite part of the file.

Marina is as bright and bubbly as her outfits. Although, she considers herself more of an idealist than an optimist.

Just like you, Jenny!
“Call me Sol.”

She has difficulty with emotions such as anger and sadness, but naiveté and excitement are second nature. She can also be really calm when the time is necessary. Being as soothing as water in a stream. The calming sensation enhanced when looking into her serene purple eyes.
Otherwise, Jenny is skipping around halls, giving nicknames to every person she encounters

“Who wrote this, it’s kinda weird.”
I don’t know, I found it.
“…. Wha- ….. Nevermind.”

Marina is very loyal to orders and her officers. There may be a 30 minute period of whining, but she’ll always come around and do as she’s told. Much like Agent Tenkuu is in his missions, Marina will grow serious and cautious. But due to her natural personality, she may slip up and act a fool.

Well that’s not very nice.

Biography
And here’s a letter.
“You really didn’t write out this form?”
Nah, but I know “G”-rampa wrote this letter. He wanted me to hand it in when I officially applied. He never wanted me to read it… Or hear it for that matter. Knock on the door for me to come back in.
“I’ll come too. Knowing you, you might blow up the sanctuary when left alone.”

Marina Seiliez Ishtar was born April 25th in the city of Noverus to her parents whose names are kept confidential. She led an average childhood life for the first few years. Her parents brought in middle-class pay, which was plenty for the down-to-Earth child. Over the next few years though, tensions within Noverus grew stronger, putting a heavy burden on her Blue-worker parents.

Despite the growing pressures around her, Marina was a very social child. Her grades were average, like her classmates, and she went on parent escorted outings with her friends. Not to be blunt, but she was a child who blended into the background, being as average as she was. Her parents figured a good change in the mildness would be the introduction of Pokémon. The Pokémon they decided to start her off with turned out to be an Oshawatt that their company had recently discovered. Due to their dedication to the company, they were permitted to take the Pokémon and report frequently about their findings. But a spark was sent through their daughter and she grew dearly attached to the otter Pokémon. She mysteriously developed a personality with the Oshawatt, becoming more playful. She assumed her Oshawatt would remain loyal only if it found her company fun. The otter was aptly named Cheery.

Her eighth year of childhood, she met a boy named Jened who she quickly became friends with. They grew a tight bond, but the following May, she arrived home with her house empty and a moving van out front. The Ishtar’s had found a time to leave the Magma-infested city, but they had to do so within a time limit, as it was a very rare moment for Aqua members to leave unscathed. The loss of the boys company was sudden and traumatic, Cheery being unable to console her for a long while.

Her new home was cramped, but not too different from her old home. It may have been the air, or the rearrangement of walls and windows, but she didn't really like it. The change that would seem harmless to her parents caused her great homesickness, as she had grown attached to Noverus’ quirks and alleys. She would attend school, unhappy with her parents’ rash actions, and slowly melded herself with kids that parents would be ashamed to have.

In an effort to fit in as she had at her old school, Marina did what her new friends did, not completely competent enough to understand what she was doing was wrong. Pokémon faded in and out of her life. Although her parents were avid Pokémon trainers, their daughter couldn’t maintain the attention to fully care for one. Her parents brought her Pokémon after Pokémon, hoping to spark her interest as Cheery the Oshawatt did. But her focus would fade after a few weeks with the new Pokémon, and with heavy hearts, her parents would return each one to the wild. Only Cheery stayed with Marina, usually residing in a large tank in her home with her parent’s Pokémon.

Crime and Drugs had become the life of a child so young it was saddening. Her parents constantly made quick runs to the School and occasionally the Jail. Her parents at a loss of what to do.

Are you done reading yet?
“Did they call you back in?”
Oh, I guess not…

On her 15th birthday, her parents had decided to make one last attempt to revive their only child. They brought her to their workplace, a large building in Celadon city, eerily close to the Casino. When the elevator doors opened, children Marina’s age welcomed her over to show her the vast array of Water Pokémon. The kids greeted her with open arms, despite her dark clothing and smoky smell. Marina had cheered up, noticing that her parents brought along her Oshawatt to swim with the other Pokémon. Marina continued through the rest of the complex, an Aqua base, just as she had visited in Noverus. The reminiscing of Water and Team Aqua brought her happiness after 6 years and she began to cheer up.
Her parents were ecstatic to see the child they had so long ago be brought back to life.

But Marina’s laughs turned silent as a man in red suddenly grabbed her and ran to a window.
Marina heard a shot and her ears rang silent. Her parents were running to her, only being stopped by the weapon held before them. She saw people yelling, about what, she chose not to think of. It is unclear as to what was running through her head at that moment, one can only assume. But it’s clear as to what her parents thought as the man jumped out of the window with their daughter in the person’s arms.

Marina woke up in her room, curtains drawn open and an IV hanging above her head. She looked around, bewildered and frantic. Her parents found her balled up in her bed crying. She saw her parents looked different, aged. She asked her mom where she was, what had happened. Her parents spent most of their time in her room calming her with empty chatter. It was empty, but it was calming to hear her parent’s voice. She asked when she would be able to leave and play with her friends, particularly the boy she had known in Noverus. It was her parents turn to cry, as their daughter had just lost 7 years of her memory.

When she landed at the base of the building, she landed on top of her attacker, but suffered a concussion and broken bones. With each month she was in her coma, it seems, a year of her memory had been lost. She has not yet been told of the incident, due to her now over-protective parents wanting to protect their child’s attitude.

During medical checkups, the parents would tell the doctor of Marina’s behavior and life before the move. The doctor in Celadon suggested sending her back to Noverus, to live with a close relative, as reliving her life in Celadon City could trigger traumatic events, and living in Noverus would be most comforting to her. Marina, once again her happy self, agreed to whatever she heard. She surprisingly took her predicament well, following the doctor’s orders exactly.

Because of her parent’s work, Marina made sure they stayed in Celadon as she returned to Noverus to keep them safe. She would be staying with her former neighbor, an elderly man who ran a local newspaper business. Her parents lent her a Pokégear so she could stay in touch.

Matthew Evans was a close friend to the Ishtar’s, helping them escape the day of their leave from Noverus. He was well aware of their work and affiliation, but never pried into their business. He is calm and respectful, and is endearingly referred to as “Gramps” by Marina. Once she arrived at his house, he was excited to experience parenthood as so many people his age had. He spoiled Marina from the start, using his unbelievably full bank account to tend to his new “granddaughter’s” every desire. Marina, being young once again, quickly assumed her role of spoiled brat, but maintained a down-to-earth attitude about it.

After living with Matthew Evans for a year, she had snuck around enough to discover his true line of work with the Rebellion. She eventually whittled her way in and is seen roaming the halls of the Sanctuary as if it were her second home.

As she wanders Noverus, she will occasionally remember things from Celadon, but the time between is random and what she remembers is even more random. She may ask her caretaker about the recollection, but he always responds with, “You’ll figure it out” and a vigorous hair tousle. Mr. Evans believes that what comes back to her is her business and will not ever remind her or explain anything she remembers. Although, she may be able to milk information from her parents.

When Marina had awoken from her coma, her memory on all of the Pokémon that her parents had brought to her was lost, she has no recollection on any of the near 15 Pokémon that she temporarily owned. However, Cheery the Oshawatt was familiar to Marina. When she returned to Noverus, she decided to start over with the otter, to care for it the way no other Pokémon had been cared for to make up for all that she had subjected it to. She renamed it Serac, a strong bond in a glacier formed by intersecting ice crystals. Through the neglect that the pokemon had to endure and the memories Marina lost, it was a wonder the two stayed together for as long as they had.

She works adamantly with the Rebels, working mainly as an errand runner and doing paper work. But she harbors a strong hatred for Team Magma that she doesn’t seem to understand (that particular memory hasn’t been recovered yet). But although she strongly believes in the Rebellion’s goals, she also has a growing desire to side with Team Aqua. It is unclear if she will stay with the Rebellion for long.

Preferred Faction – The Rebellion, although typically mistaken for Aqua.

Pokémon -
I’m assuming you’re done. You look like you’ve finished writing. Does that say Aqua?! Gramps is trying to keep me from joining it would seem…

“Calm down. He knows what he’s talking about.”

Are we on Pokémon? Awesome. I’ll give you the run-down.

Pokemon (click to show)

And I think that's all you need to know about Marina Seilez Ishtar. I will be awaiting a positive response.
"Not a bad one?"
Why? If I'm not accepted, then Gramps will get me in. There's no denying this Rebel.

My credentials:
Uprising character, Jened Tenkuu
Progress Tracking
I understand some things may be ridiculous. If it's not acceptable, I'll gladly edit it.

This post has been edited by knil1: Jun 9 2011, 11:48 AM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 9 2011, 08:21 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

First, let me point out that the format of this was... it's so hard to pick one word. Inventive is too neutral, and clever seems condescending. At the risk of sounding more player biased than perhaps a mod should, I will go with the word "awesome". I really liked the presentation here.

I am going to approve this, because any improvements I can suggest making are merely surface improvements and needn't delay this character's introduction. It will be interesting, to say the least.

Also, I'm quite partial to the name "Mercury", so there's that.

A few things I'd like to see changed, however, are minor. For example, there is no real explanation as to why the dewott's name was changed. I'd like to know more about that. Also, certain phrasings are confusing. "Her new home was tight" could mean it was a smaller place for her family, or that it was, expressed in the vernacular of today's kids, really cool.

Anyway, that's more commentary than I usually give approvals, and for that I apologize. Let me know if you need to have "Jenny"'s (I laughed out loud at that) profile moved to the main profile board so that you can add Mercury's info.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:12 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.