Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stop races from cancelling themselves?, This is the fourth time.
Linoone
post May 30 2015, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 804

Team Freeloaders

Short version: I usually have shiny races going, and sometimes they cancel themselves. I did not hit cancel or forfeit. Is there a bug or an 'inactive in the race' clause I keep hitting or what? Can this please be looked at or reversed?

Long version: Since 2012 I've had shiny hunts canceling themselves. I made a bug thread about this in 2013 but all I got "are you sure you didn't hit cancel?" questions and nothing was done about it. ._. It's always shiny races, and one is in my recorder as 'cancelled' despite me winning (my shiny is displayed as a strikethrough, and my opponent doesn't display as hatching a shiny.) They are all races with "Fewest eggs hatched." Three of them I lost (in some cases days or weeks before), and the one I won began displaying as cancelled about 8 days after I won. In the 2 recent cancelled hunts, (May 1st and May 30th), I stopped hatching those eggs due to difficulty getting them (Fossil Omanyte; unbreedable) or other shiny hunts taking precedence (Tauros; I'm currently focusing on the SWSH). Does my lack of participation in hunts cause them to cancel? I thought it was that account-wide inactivity would cancel all hunts? Either way I haven't been offline for more than 36 hours and the other 7 races I had are still going. Can something be done about at least one of the 2 most recent cancelled hunts? (Clearly the bugs from 2013 and 2012 should be left in their graves.)

:U Information and help would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Hiraelle
post May 30 2015, 12:08 PM
Post #2

Spheal Lover
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 68 755

ROULE

Could you post a screen of the incomplete hunts ? hmm.gif I can't see them in your profile, I only see ongoing and completed.
I don't know if I can shed some light on it, but it would be best if people saw what you're talking about directly grin.gif

It may be related to this :
"Also, note that if a user goes inactive in a "fewest eggs hatched" race after the other user has hatched their shiny, the race will automagically end a week after their last hatched egg."
But if you hatched a shiny in hunts that cancel, I don't know. Maybe because the other stopped hatching eggs ? So it's displayed as cancelled instead of completed ?
Again, a screen of it would be appreciated happy.gif

This post has been edited by Hiraelle: May 30 2015, 12:10 PM

--------------------
GO GO POKEMON RANGERS

I took over the group, come and join us !
- Banner by Doctor Octopus
Affiliates : Azurite Knights - Malachite Mages - Shiny Lovers - The Networking Ninjas - The Postal Service

- Banner by eevee64

Made by Cycloneblaze

+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 30 2015, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

From the Shine Recorder

QUOTE(Shiny Recorder)
Also, note that if a user goes inactive in a "fewest eggs hatched" race after the other user has hatched their shiny, the race will automagically end a week after their last hatched egg.

This probably answers your question.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Linoone
post May 30 2015, 12:25 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Team Freeloaders

QUOTE(Hiraelle @ May 30 2015, 01:08 PM) *
Could you post a screen of the incomplete hunts ? hmm.gif I can't see them in your profile, I only see ongoing and completed.
I don't know if I can shed some light on it, but it would be best if people saw what you're talking about directly grin.gif

Here's a screenshot. My censor-ing is terrible.
EDIT: was stretching the page, now it's a link you click.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/Xyl...iblecensors.png

QUOTE(ll Sam ll @ May 30 2015, 01:08 PM) *
From the Shine Recorder

QUOTE(Shiny Recorder)
Also, note that if a user goes inactive in a "fewest eggs hatched" race after the other user has hatched their shiny, the race will automagically end a week after their last hatched egg.

It would, except I have a Poliwag hunt that was started in January 2014. The other user hatched their shiny (in January 2014...) and I haven't had luck with my eggs. Also I'd focused on all SWSHs since - so why that hunt didn't cancel before Omanyte or Tauros confuses me.

This post has been edited by Xylene: May 30 2015, 12:26 PM
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 30 2015, 12:47 PM
Post #5

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Xylene @ May 30 2015, 06:25 PM) *
QUOTE(ll Sam ll @ May 30 2015, 01:08 PM) *
From the Shine Recorder

QUOTE(Shiny Recorder)

It would, except I have a Poliwag hunt that was started in January 2014. The other user hatched their shiny (in January 2014...) and I haven't had luck with my eggs. Also I'd focused on all SWSHs since - so why that hunt didn't cancel before Omanyte or Tauros confuses me.

It's any egg, not specifically the hunt egg. So if they hatch a shiny and you don't hatch any eggs for a week, the race will cancel as it will assume that you've gone inactive (or something like that)

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Linoone
post May 30 2015, 12:50 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Team Freeloaders

QUOTE(ll Sam ll @ May 30 2015, 01:47 PM) *
It's any egg, not specifically the hunt egg. So if they hatch a shiny and you don't hatch any eggs for a week, the race will cancel as it will assume that you've gone inactive (or something like that)

Then that did not happen here, as I have not been inactive for more than 36 hours at a time.
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post May 30 2015, 01:19 PM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I was assuming that it was referring to the hunt eggs in particular, since it just says "goes inactive in a fewest eggs hunt".

Furthermore, I think they only cancel if the other users has hatched their shiny and you have hatched fewer eggs, meaning that you can technically still win the race. If I remember correctly, this was implemented back when we only had one slot for shiny races and slot would remain occupied until the race had been decided, so if someone went inactive from the hunt, then the first person would not be able to do another shiny race.

There is another point of interest here. How would it be possible to lose a race when you have hatched a shiny and your opponent has not? I don't know how this could happen, but I think it might have something to do with your opponent being a banned user in those cases. Apparently one of the races in your canceled section seems to be one of these case, which is odd, because that implies that you hatched the shiny, which should also mean that you completed that hunt. I also found another one of those cases in your completed hunts, and your opponent was a user that is banned in that case, so that's why I think banned users might have something to do with it. Maybe the data is just missing because they have since been banned, so that the system doesn't know what actually happened anymore. That could be an explanation.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Linoone
post May 30 2015, 01:35 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Team Freeloaders

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ May 30 2015, 02:19 PM) *
I was assuming that it was referring to the hunt eggs in particular, since it just says "goes inactive in a fewest eggs hunt".

Furthermore, I think they only cancel if the other users has hatched their shiny and you have hatched fewer eggs, meaning that you can technically still win the race. If I remember correctly, this was implemented back when we only had one slot for shiny races and slot would remain occupied until the race had been decided, so if someone went inactive from the hunt, then the first person would not be able to do another shiny race.

There is another point of interest here. How would it be possible to lose a race when you have hatched a shiny and your opponent has not? I don't know how this could happen, but I think it might have something to do with your opponent being a banned user in those cases. Apparently one of the races in your canceled section seems to be one of these case, which is odd, because that implies that you hatched the shiny, which should also mean that you completed that hunt. I also found another one of those cases in your completed hunts, and your opponent was a user that is banned in that case, so that's why I think banned users might have something to do with it. Maybe the data is just missing because they have since been banned, so that the system doesn't know what actually happened anymore. That could be an explanation.

If it was hunt eggs in particular, that could definitely have happened. I'm not entirely sure though, since I released boxes of not-shiny pokemon. Either way I'll be more careful in the future. Just in case.

Cancelling if I could technically win seems a little odd now, since a hatched shiny automatically stops taking up space, but I can see how that would be necessary.

I can also see how a banned user could result in a cancelled hunt that I won, but in this particular case the user isn't banned. In fact, the cancelled Caterpie Hunt user was the same one as my cancelled Vulpix Hunt. (I stopped challenging them because this happening twice in a row with no explanation was just frustrating.) I'll check if both hunts show as cancelled on their end when I see them.

--EDIT--
The Caterpie hunt shows up as cancelled, while the Vulpix hunt shows as completed on their end.

This post has been edited by Xylene: May 30 2015, 02:13 PM
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jun 2 2015, 12:16 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ May 30 2015, 02:19 PM) *

As for the opponent being banned:

That's not the case. My opponent was once banned after I hatched my shiny, and no strikethrough appeared on either side-it is as if the race is still ongoing. So that's not it.

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 08:52 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.