Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Evening the Odds, Or, How To Tame Your Office Workers
Master Houndoom
post Jul 5 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

OOC (click to show)

It was 6:45 in the morning when Olivia Prewitt opened the door to the large office area that housed the more mundane workings of the Sanctuary. Like much of the Rebellion, it was hidden away, unknown to anyone save the people that worked there. It was not overly large, nor did it need to be: There were all of four people working there, plus the supervisor, at any time. Another difference between this area and normal businesses was the fact that it ran more or less around the clock, with an evening and night crew to continue the day shift's work. The wheels of the Rebellion could not afford to halt for mundanities such as sleep and down time.

She passed her supervisor's office without turning her head and went straight to her desk, straightening the disorder from the night shift's occupant. She had left notes asking this person to return the desk the way she had left it, and received a reply only saying "sorry". No action had been taken, and it had become such a part of Olivia's daily routine to set things the way she preferred them that she no longer asked for a change.

At her heels, and now taking their own usual places, were Olivia's pokémon, Nyx, a zorua, who sat at her trainer's feet and closed her eyes with a yawn, and Isra, a purrloin who hopped up onto the desk and curled into a circular cushion shape. Her spot was near Olivia's In and Out boxes, and actually was an older In/Out box with a folded sheet in it. It had been provided by the day shift's gopher, a curvy blonde girl named Brittany, who had taken upon herself to be Olivia's friend. Wanted or not.

She had just begun to pull the first report to her when the supervisor appeared at her desk. Looking up, she could see the concerned look on his mustachioed face.

"Miss Prewitt, would you join me in my office?" His voice was soft, but Olivia had observed him. He was a good boss, or tried to be, calling and speaking to each individual in a way he had ascertained they would prefer. Olivia he was polite and quiet to, but Brittany was more informal. He called her "Britt", and joked with her.

Olivia stood. "Stay here," she said softly, in a high, almost child-like voice, to her pokémon. "I won't be long."

The Supervisor closed the door behind her, and Olivia felt the first hint of trepidation. While she had grown to trust her supervisor, she felt nervous being in a closed room without her pokémon.

He soon confirmed her suspicions, sliding a folder forward. "Olivia, do you know what this is?"

She opened the folder and was graced with a photo of a pokémon, koffing, with deadened eyes, releasing smoke from several pores on its body. The next picture showed the same pokémon, its eyes bright, looking confused. In the background was a broken, flimsy looking pokéball.

"Yes, I've heard of them," Olivia said, her lips a this line as she looked at the pictures again. "They are pokémon engineered to only be able to use one move. They are used as tools and then abandoned." She looked at her supervisor, her trepidation forgotten. "A barbaric practice, to be certain." Though her speech was still formal, her green eyes held restrained disgust.

The supervisor blinked, then nodded, slowly. "Yes, to be certain. The infiltrators of our city use them extensively. We have had one or two brought to our service." When Olivia's eyes widened slightly, the man nodded. "We've studied them. Our researchers believe that they may know of a cure, a way to reverse the engineering that limits them. But we need to get a hand on the research."

He went to a map and pointed to a section of the city, which was, ironically, close to Olivia's apartment, which had been provided by a school she had attended in Noverus as part of the emancipation she had undergone when her father had finally-- It wasn't worth dwelling on, she thought with a slight huff. It was close to her apartment, and that was that.

"There is an Aqua research facility here, an archive of sorts, that should have a copy of the research documents we need. I am assigning you and one other to go and retrieve them. Expect opposition."

Olivia blinked. "Sir," she said, slowly, "I'm not an agent."

"You are as of now, Miss Prewitt. We're stretched thin here as it is, and it is close to your mailing address; if you're seen in that area, they will find you live nearby."

Olivia pressed her lips together and sighed. "You said one other, sir," she said, remaining calm, but rather annoyed in her head.

"Yes. You'll meet him later today. His name is Casper Weard. He goes by the codename of Ghost. Which reminds me, you'll need a code name."

This day was not developing well, Olivia mused as she went back to her desk and sat, looking over the file. A mission? Her?

If it would help these poor pokémon, then she'd do it. Just this once.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 5 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

OOC (click to show)

"Brittany!" Casper threw his arms open as he walked into the office, grinning widely as he spoke loudly to the pretty blonde. "Love of my life, beauty personified, bane of Aphrodite, ma mangouste floue..." He put his hands upon the girl's shoulders as he reached her, giving her a dashing smile. "Maybe you can help me figure something out."

She really was a beautiful girl, but horribly stupid, he thought, as she giggled. "I'll do my best."

"Could you tell me why the big boss man has put me second-in-command to a grunt?" He moved so his right arm was draped over her shoulder, as he gesticulated with the left. "I mean, is it my dashing good looks? I know they can be a little distracting, and I suppose if I need to, I could ask for some fashion advice from Lloyd. That should be enough to dampen my dazzle, don't you think?" He winked at her.

"Oh, stop! It's not that bad! Besides, you're a grunt yourself!"

"True, true," he said, nodding sagely, "but it's a temporary thing, of course. You know the big wigs need to follow protocol, even for the best of us."

She winked and tapped his nose, making him go cross-eyed for a second. "So who is this 'Suddenly - BOSS' person?"

Casper shrugged, disinterested. "Ah, I dunno - some chick. Olive or something like that."

"Oliv-- Livvie?!" She clamped her hands onto her mouth, either embarrassed at her outburst (which wasn't likely), or holding in a screaming giggle that would assuredly not assuage his misgivings.

Casper gave her an interested look, before his lips curved up into a dashing smile. "Livvie is it? I'll have to remember that. So, Brittany, dearest beauty, cher chat pelucheux, tell me a bit about her?"

Brittany wrinkled her nose at the foreign words, but only because she had no understanding them (why would she be peluwhatervering in a share shat? That was kind of gross...), but smiled when the subject of Olivia came up. "She's nice. You'll like her. She's always nice, but really quiet, and very good at what she does."

Of course, 'what she does' is file paperwork, but he should know that, right?

"So.... is she here?" He tilted his head to the side and gave her a cute smile. "I'd like to surprise her, I think. Since we're going to be partners from here on out." He took her hand and kissed it lovingly. "Of course, Brittany, you'll always be the gorille le plus aimé dans ma vie."

That she recognized. It was FRENCH, and SO romantic! She fanned herself and coughed. Flustered as she was, however, she was true to her friend. "Oh, no, don't SURPRISE her. She doesn't like surprises!"

Casper pouted his most puppy-like pout - the one that, as a child, used to get him anything he wanted from those babysitters that simply couldn't deny a cute little blonde-haired boy. "Not even from me, Brittany? You know how much I love giving surprises."

She looked him in the eyes, biting her lip, then sighed. "Well... they're your shins..."

Casper grinned brilliantly, bounced on his heels, and then tugged her hands lightly. "Right, then, mi encantadora canasta, where is our dear Olive cup?"

"Well, she's usually at her desk. Just outside of the supply closet. She'll be wearing white."

"The supply closet? Shall I fetch you styrofoam cups, dear Brittany? A plastic fork? Some coffee grinds?" He winked at her. "Or you could join me, and we could spend some time seeing what all they keep in our supply closet." He gave her a sultry grin. "You can make up the checklist, and I'll do the inventory."

Brittany blushed and indulged in a shoulder shaking giggle. "Oh, no, I have... way too much to do!" But her eyes said, soon. Maybe lunch.

Casper grinned at her and waggled his eyebrows as he walked backwards. When he reached the end of the hallway, he spun around and stepped into the adjoining corridor and out of sight of the pretty, stupid blonde. Grinning, he made his way to the supply closet to meet his new partner.

He turned a corner to face her desk and got a good look at her.

Young. Damn you, boss man. Really, the supervisor did know him too well. Well, no googly-eyeing this one into submission, then. He'll have to come up with a different tactic. Something creative, original, and easily as effective.

Casper clapped both hands down on Olivia's desk and grinned at her bowed head. "Livvie-Livvie-Lollipop," he sing-songed lovingly, "we're going to kick some Aqua ass!" He tilted his head back and sighed. "And I'll look so hot doing it..."

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Jul 6 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #3

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

Vincent's ears were turning red. "You do what!?"

"We use pokemon as equipment," repeated the administrator bluntly. The new boss was a young man, possibly younger than Vincent, with long black hair and piercing emerald eyes. He was smart -- incredibly so -- but also very untactful. Whenever something delicate needed saying, he was there to say it as indelicately as possible. "as much as it pains me to admit it. Now, back to the mission-"

"What happens to these pokemon? Huh?! Do you just toss them after you've used them?!"

"We release them. Humanely. Does this upset you?"

"Quite frankly, yes," Vincent snapped, "and I will not be assisting you in any way with this kind of activity."

"Listen here, Lance. I don't like it any more than you do. Your mission is to guard the instruction files on how to make these 'poketools,' as the higher-ups call them. We have intel that this information hasn't reached the hands of some of our more elusive foes, and we must make sure it stays that way."

Vincent eyeballed his superior very carefully.

"So that no more pokemon get hurt, Vincent," the Admin said blankly.

"Right. Keep telling yourself that," the young man replied flatly. Then, in a huff, Vincent grabbed his wife's arm and left the square office. Porygon Z, the Admin's pokemon, kept a close eye on them as they left, giving the couple a feeling of unease. That same Porygon Z had belonged to Vincent's previous two Admins, both of which had been removed from service, indirectly, by Vincent himself. But right now, the blue haired Aqua wanted nothing more than to stab his new boss. "The nerve! Using pokemon as tools, and then throwing them away like trash...."

Lanette knew she couldn't placate him. The one thing Vincent loved in the whole world more than pokemon was her. They had only been married for a few weeks now, but she had known him all his life; any kind of disrespect, abuse or injustice toward pokemon infuriated her husband more than anything else. "Is there nothing we can do?" she asked hurriedly as Vincent dragged her away.

"We can let those stinking Rebels get those stupid plans," he replied. Normally, Vincent kept a level head enough to stay rational. This was the exception to the rule.

"But if we let them steal these plans," Lanette pointed out, ripping her arm from his grasp, "they will abuse more pokemon. Wouldn't it be better to stop the Rebels this time?"

"Stop them?" Vincent repeated, confused. He appeared to have calmed down again, or at the very least regained his rationality. "Are you implying we don't stop them normally?"

"Have we ever?"

Good point. "All the same, we can't do nothing. And we can't do anything, either."

"We can do as we've been instructed, Vincent. That's something. And, we get to save a few pokemon while we're at it."

Vincent shook his head and prepared to retort, but stopped suddenly. Lanette didn't understand why, but his face broke into a smile suddenly. "Yeah, let's go protect the plans."

"We?"

"Yeah, aren't you coming?"

"I can't," Lanette sighed. "I need to check up on Seel back home, and I'm not feeling well."

"You're not....feeling well?" Lanette never got sick. This worried Vincent more than the fact that she wasn't coming with him. "What's wrong?"

"I'm...tired. I planned to stay back in the room and get some of our paperwork done."

"Uh....yeah, alright. I can go myself," Vincent said unhappily. He took her hair in his fingers and slid them down the back of her neck affectionately, pulling her in for a kiss on the forehead. Then, waving goodbye, Vincent left to get his equipment from the break room without another word. His thoughts were buzzing around in his head like an angry Beedrill hive, and he was still upset with his Administrator. At least he had a plan that would solve all the problems. But without Lanette, he would be all alone.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Nov 17 2011, 09:04 PM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 8 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

As days went, besides the sudden assignment of a mission, it was going well. Isra was curled in her box, one eye open and warily watching her chosen human (after all, one couldn't be too complacent when it came to one's food source). Nyx, who had been pacing back and forth while Olivia was in the office, was now laying, protectively, on her feet. Not at her feet, as usual, but on her feet. Olivia felt a small bubble of warmth in her chest, and reached down more than once, idly, to scritch the little black fox between the ears, her fingers buried in the little red tuft at the top of Nyx' head.

It was a peaceful environment in which to get some important work done while she waited for Mr. Casper Weard to arrive, Isra purring and Nyx warming her feet. Brittany had passed by earlier, waving a cheerful hello, but other than that, it was blissfully quiet.

All of that ended with the noisy arrival of Mr. Weard. Slamming his hands on the desk and speaking in what must have been the voice he used to hail a taxi, He hollered "Livvie-Livvie-Lollipop!" causing Olivia to startle. "We are going to kick some Aqua ass! And I'm going to look so hot doing it!"

Isra sprang from the box as if a firecracker had gone off in it, landing in front of Mr. Weard's face and hissing at the top of her voice. Olivia raised her brows, feeling the warmth from Nyx leave her feet. She almost let out a warning or stern command, but decided against it at the last moment. It was, after all, his fault for startling them. Not seeing Nyx, she could understand, but Isra had been quite visible.

Working with dark types, Olivia had gotten to know their tactics. One of which was what she called the two rules of following someone, even though no one at this time was being followed. It was a concept she had learned from a military law-enforcement procedural drama she sometimes enjoyed on her off hours: When following (or attacking, it seemed) someone, either be unseen, or be the only thing the quarry sees.

Isra usually took the "be seen" approach, distracting the person with her gregarious ways. She would strut, or purr, and get the attention of the person she wanted (it was, after all, what brought Brittany to Olivia's desk in the first place; she saw the purrloin, and Isra made sure that her eyes were kept where they were). Nyx, on the other hand, was nearly silent, darting in or away from or two a position unseen.

So, when Isra elected not to react until Mr. Weard finished speaking, hissing and spitting as if the young man had pulled her tail, Nyx took advantage of the distraction, darting in the grab his pants leg with her mouth and tug, pulling him to the ground.

By the time Olivia could react without calling them off, Nyx and Isra were both sitting on Mr. Weard's chest, growling low and warningly.

Olivia stepped around her desk and clucked her tongue, admonishing the two. Both pokemon slunk off of Mr. Weard's chest, not apologetic, but warily, ready in case he tried anything. Olivia regarded the young man and raised an eyebrow.

"You're late, Mr. Weard."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 18 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Casper peered down his chest at where the two pokemon were sitting on him. He ignored their glares and growls in favor of laying his head back against the floor and looking at Olivia. He grinned at her as she told him he was late.

"Ah, Lovely Livvie, you were waiting for me? And here I not only get a new partner, but cuddled by a couple of pus-"

"Ghost. You're late."

Casper tilted his head back, pouting at having been interrupted. He blinked at the upside-down vision of his superior standing in front of him. "Bossman, you're looking squeaky clean today." Casper eyed the man's shiny bald skin at the center of his head, amused by the scowl that stretched across the man's face.

"Lying down on the job will get you fired, Ghost. You have work to do."

"Aw, I knew you needed me."

"Hardly. You're expendable, Ghost. If not for that small blessing, you'd be out on your ass."

Casper grinned and rolled over, throwing the cat and fox pokemon to the ground as he moved. They hissed and snapped at him as he pushed them away, but he ignored them in favor of turning to face his superior officer. He grinned cockily and tossed his head. "I knew ya loved me, bossman. Ya don't hafta deny it anymore."

The officer seemed to decide it was safer to ignore Casper and turned to Olivia. "I have a mission that requires both of you, so do your best to keep this idiot in line."

"Flattery, bossman? And you didn't even buy me dinner."

Sighing, the boss handed Olivia a manila folder full of papers. "And while he's expendable, try not to kill him." He walked away, muttering, "At least if you do, I don't want to hear about it. Too much damn paperwork."

Casper spun on his heel and snatched the file from Olivia's hands, flipping it open. "A reconnaissance mission." He tossed the folder onto Olivia's desk. "My talents are going to waste."

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Jul 21 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent knocked on the door of his boss' office and didn't wait for a reply before entering. The young man behind the desk looked up quickly at him, looking rather surprised.

"I've changed my mind," Vincent said slowly. "I want to help."

"As though you had a choice -- but, it is good that you're willing. The boats are in the bay, but you already knew that."

"You neglected to mention where I'm going, sir."

"Ah, yes. The warehouse is inside the city. It's not a secret, and this particular one is attacked quite frequently."

Another shining example of Aqua intelligence. "I've been to that warehouse before. I can find it." And without another word, Vincent left the room and headed to the docks. His boat was already there, along with a couple ropes and some water bottles. As Vincent climbed in, he saw a little slip of yellow paper, sprayed with just a hint of Lanette's perfume. It was from her; he could tell because his senses were filled with her when he read it.

Be safe out there. Not sure how much help I could have been, but I'm sorry I can't go. Love, Lanette.

"I love that woman," he thought aloud, alerting two nearby grunts to his presence, which had somehow gone unnoticed to them. They turned and stared at him for a moment before returning to their conversation. Vincent likewise ignored them and started his boat, zipping out of the docks and into the sunlight.

The boat rides were always pleasant, and this time was no different. Granted, it felt more hollow without Lanette, but he had grown accustomed to riding alone, allowing the spray of the river to cool his face. The sensation was without comparison -- perhaps not the most pleasurable experience, but definitely the most relaxing. With the river as easy flowing as it was, the trip was not always short and almost always leisurely. It helped Vincent focus his thoughts, or, when he needed to, forget them.

The city was still a distance off, so he tried to get comfortable for the ride over.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Jul 21 2011, 01:55 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 22 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"A reconnaissance mission. My talents are being wasted."

Olivia stepped to her desk and retrieved the file, pressing her lips together in a grim line. She couldn't quite place the feeling slowly rising through her, originating in her stomach and moving up her chest to her face, but it didn't matter. The mission did.

"Yes, I agree, Mr. Weard. Your talents are being wasted." She picked up the folder and opened it, scanning the pages inside while addressing her ersatz partner. "Somewhere, there is a village desperately searching for its idiot."

She snapped the folder closed and pierced Casper with her bright green eyes, an effect that usually startled, as they were the only hint of color in her otherwise black, white, and grey ensemble. "Now let us get one thing perfectly clear between us, Mr. Weard. We have been assigned a mission by our superiors, and for some reason I have been left in charge. This mission is very important to me, and I expect you to follow my lead on it. I am not so arrogant as to believe I know everything, but judging by your actions, it would be best to follow my lead than to leave the mission to the sloppy actions you have shown of late. Do I make myself understood?"

The younger man looked at her shrewdly, then nodded, once, not in agreement but to himself. "You need a codename."

"What." It wasn't a question. The statement Casper had made had completely thrown Olivia off of her mindset, no doubt what the young man had been hoping for.

"Yeah! A codename. They call me Ghost. We could call you... hmm..."

Olivia spared another half a minute as her mind tried to comprehend the direction that was being taken before she finally pressed her lips together and turned. "Gather your things Mr. Weard-"

"Ghost."

"- we will leave in an hour," she continued as if he had not spoken at all.

"Come on, LuvLuvLivvie, you need a codename! What if we're compromised!" He looked at her and smirked. "I know. How about Mist? No. Silhouette? Nah. I got it. Shadow!"

Olivia turned to face him again, waiting until he quieted down to speak, slowly. "Mr. Weard, one hour."

"I'm not leaving until we decide on a codename for you, LivvieBean."

She closed her eyes and counted, backwards, from ten in her head. "If it will make you be quiet, then I choose the name Shiva. Now. One hour." Without further ado, she turned on her heel and walked toward the supply area to pick out gear she felt might be needed for the mission.

Casper looked at her as she left, a slow smile creasing his features as he realized the significance of the name. "Oh, you're going to be a fun one," he said to her back, too soft for anyone but the inconspicuous Nyx at his feet and Isra on her bed on the desk to hear.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 22 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

It was an hour and a half later that found Casper waltzing back into the office, a red and black duffel bag slung over one shoulder and a large Styrofoam cup in his right hand. As he swaggered down the aisle, he sipped the straw of his drink, unconcerned with the few people that looked at him and winced after glancing at their clocks.

Casper turned a corner to head down another aisle, only to have a pretty blonde with a lovely, large chest dart out in front of him and stop his progress. Casper raised his eyebrows at the girl before him, bouncing nervously on her heels, and then grinned flirtatiously. "Brittany! I knew you'd miss me."

Brittany bit her bottom lip, uncertain. "You know you're late, right?"

"Now, Brittany, le sucre de lutin prunes - I am not late." He winked at her as he walked past, adding, "I have arrived precisely when I have intended. Such is the way of me."

He did not look behind him or bother to listen, and so he did not see Brittany watch him, tempted to chase him down and stop him so she could calm Olivia down first. And he did not hear her sigh as she released her lip from the hold between her teeth and mutter, "Well, they're his shins."

Turning the final corner to the cubicle buried way in the back of the office, Casper swaggered up to Olivia's desk, watching as she was bent over something, her dark hair completely hiding her face from view. He stopped in front of her and let his duffel bag drop to the floor loudly, before sticking the straw of his cup in his mouth. He loudly tried to sip up the last remaining swallow of cherry hitmonchan punch icee, the liquid gurgling loudly as it crawled up the straw.

"Ah!" he gasped loudly when finished, and chucked the empty cup over Olivia's head and into the trash can of whoever normally sat in the vacated desk across the hall.

Once he was satisfied with his 3-point shot, he turned to find Olivia looking at him with narrowed eyes that rather matched the displeased look of her two pokemon. "I know you're busy, LivvieLivvie, my little Hippie, but we do have a mission to complete." He shook his head and glanced at her clock. "We're going to be late if you don't hurry up." Frowning, he looked back at her. "What time were we supposed to be there again? And where are we going?"

He watched Olivia close her eyes, as those praying for something (maybe an icee like the one he'd had. He should have brought her one, he supposed), and then open her eyes and glance at him with a rather bored expression. She slid the familiar file folder across the desk toward him without a word.

"Ah! I remember now," he said, as he picked it up and opened it. "Right. Boredom central. Well, sooner begun, sooner done. Are you ready yet, Lollipop?"

"I have been ready, Mr. Wear-"

"Now, now, Siva, you know I have a codename."

"Ghost."

"That's right. You're doing fine." He reached out to pat her on the head, but thought that might be pushing the boundaries of, well, safety, and retracted his hand. He ignored her steady glare. "Right, then. We're off!" Grabbing his duffel bag, he slung it over his shoulder with an exaggerated grunt.

"What is that?"

Casper glanced at her and then patted his duffel bag. "This old thing?"

Olivia didn't offer him anything, so he continued. "Just a bag I nicked from a Magma grunt on my way back from getting my slushy." He looked longingly at the distant trash can. "The bag's gonna last so much longer..." He gave a little skip as he started walking. "I think, when this mission's over, I might mail it back to the grunt with some bandaids for his face."

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Jul 27 2011, 10:17 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

It took quite some time before Vincent arrived in the city. His hair was wet and messy, but his spirits were high. He enjoyed visiting the city; it held the few good memories he had of the Noverus region, minus the time he spent with Lanette anywhere else. As he passed by the tall buildings, he saw the diner he had reunited with Lanette last year, after being separated for two. The warehouse district brought up his experiences with Adrian, and he remembered his no-nonsense friendship the two had shared, if you could call it a friendship. Vincent liked to think the two had been friends.

The boat came to a halt in front of the warehouse in question. This was his destination, but there were no guards present. As close as it was to the city limits, he had hoped it would have been better protected.

What couldn't be helped wouldn't slow him down, however. Immediately he got to work fortifying his position. Vincent released Sneasel and Snorunt from their pokeballs and asked them to help him set up, to which they happily agreed. Then, sending Shellder and Aerodactyl to keep a lookout, the trainer and his pokemon began preparing for a long day.

Snorunt and Sneasel used their Powder Snow attacks, on Vincent's command, to blast cold air and snow over the insides of the warehouse. For what felt like an hour it continued as Vincent searched high and low for the program he was supposed to protect. He found it, finally, in a back room console. Locking the door to allow the deep freeze to continue in the main room, Vincent booted up the ancient console and located the program file. The instructions for making these so-called 'poketools' were easy to follow and barbaric to follow through with, and it made the icy haired young man sick to his stomach. His cheeks turned red with subtle anger, but he managed to keep himself steady and unflustered. With hacker's precision, he transferred the whole folder to a disk and wiped the system clean before returning to his pokemon.

He must have been in there for a while, because almost the entire room was now a winter wonderland. Snow fell from the fans on the ceiling like they would in a natural snowfall, giving the illusion of being outside in the winter, further enhanced by the slowly dropping temperature. Vincent wore a wool coat as part of his signature outfit, and was glad to be wearing it now; it must have been thirty degrees.

"Sneasel?" he called into the snow.

His pokemon popped out of a snow-drenched cardboard box a few feet ahead of him, holding what looked like a stack of TM disks.

"Go into the back and blast your Icy Wind attack into the air vents. Keep it nice and cool in here."

The pokemon replied happily and bounded away. Vincent found the door amid the foot of snow and three foot visibility, opened it, quickly exited, and locked it behind him. He almost passed out from the sheer temperature difference. Shellder was there next to the door, watching him with aloof disinterest.

"G-g-good to s-s-see you t-t-too, b-b-b-buddy," Vincent stuttered.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 28 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Olivia quelled the desire to stomp her foot as Casper walked away. Such a display was hardly worth it; he would laugh at its childishness and she would have a sore foot. So she merely followed him at a sedate pace until she was presented with the space to move around him and precede him.

The facility they were in was mostly underground, in the warrens of an old office building's basement. The story was that the building above had been knocked down, and the lot concreted over, a new building, smaller than the one for which this had been the foundation, was built over it. Olivia could attest that there was a small apartment complex above, but the entrance was actually down the street, part of an evacuation route when the original building had been designed.

As such, there was a widening of the hallway just before the stairs leading to street level, a place affectionately called the Airlock. A row of lockers had been installed, and field agents would put changes of clothing there, both for egress and re-entrance to the facility. Other, similar tunnels had been dug in the other three cardinal directions, both to help confuse possible pursuers and for ease of evacuation.

Olivia had been duly impressed when she was told this in orientation. The Rebellion was, if not well funded, then thorough.

She stopped at the Airlock and turned around, facing Casper. "We have ten minutes to catch the bus to our general location. Once there, we will scout the area and see what opposition we may face. Before we go, I would like to meet your pokémon. You have met mine, already," she said, the right corner of her mouth turning up in the slightest motion possible, "but you have not been introduced. This," Olivia indicated the purrloin calmly cleaning her paws while sitting on her left foot, "is Isra, and this little one," she indicated the small black fox with the red ruff looking intently at the boy," is Nyx. Don't be surprised if you don't see them as we go." She did not deign to enlighten him as to why.

Sorry! (click to show)

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 29 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Casper glanced around at the lockers as he passed them by. He hadn't been down into this area of the building yet, bothering only to do what needed to be done in the office above, flirt as much as possible with the beautiful ladies who worked there (especially Brittany; she was his favorite), and then spend the majority of his much-longed-for attention elsewhere, in more interesting places. So this was somewhat interesting to see, but only until he realized that the Airlock was basically the same no matter where you stood within it.

Okay, bored now.

"Isra and Nyx, huh? Cute names." Casper slipped a hand inside his corduroy jacket and pulled out a single pokeball. "I suppose I can convince Hamlet to be a little social." He clicked the button on the pokeball and released the pokemon from inside.

"Bo..."

The cubone glanced back at Casper with an exasperated look on his face. "What? Don't look at me that way. Ham Sandwich here wanted to meet you." He made a motion toward Olivia, who was giving him a look very similar to the one the cubone was giving him.

Hamlet turned and look at Olivia, and then at each of her pokemon in turn. "Bo..." he mumbled, in a tone of dutiful, if reluctant, acceptance.

"This is Hamlet," Casper introduced. "He's the less cute, less social of my two pokemon."

Hamlet glanced back at him with a look of aggravated disbelief. "What? Everyone says Strings is cuter than you!" The cubone snorted loudly through the skull on his head and turned around to face Casper. Then he threw the bone he carried at Casper head.

"Strings?" Olivia asked, ignoring Casper's cry of pain as he toppled to the floor.

Casper rubbed his forehead, where a red mark had flared up. "Ow, Hammy, what was that for?"

Hamlet snorted loudly again and muttered under his breath. "Dumbass."

Casper pushed himself to his feet and stuck his tongue out at the cubone. "Strings is always out of his pokeball. He's been following us this whole time." He winked at Olivia. "Like some crazy stalker. O'course, he's a lot like me. Awesome." He grinned.

Hamlet glanced at something behind Olivia. He noticed that the purrloin and zorua were already aware of the fourth pokemon present. The cubone rolled his eyes, before walking over to Casper and poking him in the leg.

"What, Hammy- OUCH!" The cubone threw his bone at Casper's head again, before pushing the button on his pokeball and recalling himself. "See what I mean?" he asked. "Anti-social."

"Where is your other pokemon?"

"Strings? Ah, he's been prettying up your hair since we started this shindig." He muttered under his breath, "In my opinion, it could use it."

With a high-pitched giggle, the shuppet became visible again and motioned with pleasure at the back of Olivia's head, which was now adorned with a multitude of loose, not-very-well-done braids. He spun around Olivia's head and cackled.

"Heya, Strings. Nice job, buddy."

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 1 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Olivia turned to see the shuppet, and a visible change came over her face. She did not smile, nor did her face change dramatically, but lines smoothed, and one corner of her mouth pulled back ever so slightly, the bare beginning of a smile.

"Hello, Strings," she said softly, almost a coo, had there been any change in her expression. She tilted her head, her bright green eyes widening even as her nose wrinkled ever so slightly. "I bet you're the best sneaker in the city, aren't you?" she said softly. Isra's hackles began to raise, but she was stopped by a soft paw from Nyx. "Yes, I bet you're just as good as my Nyx and Isra."

The shuppet's eyes widened, blue irises on a yellow scelera, and promptly, without a sound, he disappeared. Olivia tilted her head the other way and watched where the shuppet had been, and was rewarded with his eyes slowly reappearing, narrowing as he giggled silently. Soon, his light grey body appeared, and he capered about in the air before rushing to Casper and flopping into his hair, spinning, the edges of his sheet like lower body acting as a fan and scattering the hair about as he moved back and forth, cackling.

"STRINGS!" shouted Casper, annoyed, and the shuppet cackled, gleefully, dashing back to hide in and behind Olivia's raven hair.

She reached back, her fingers touching the tiny, uneven braids. Again the corner of her lip tugged slightly. "And I quite like the braids, Strings. Unfortunately, I will need to keep them out in order to better complete my mission." She reached back, nimbly untwisting the bits of hair that the shuppet had, unknown to her plaited. "Perhaps afterward, I can sit for you. Would you like that?"

Strings' eyes widened, and his body faded again, completely invisible save for his eyes. As she watched, he floated over to Casper, mussing his hair again as the eyes seemed to shake, then rose, presumably to where he would be keeping watch. Casper followed the disembodied eyes, a look of annoyance etched deeply on his face.

"I see you have the same handle on your pokémon that you have on the rest of your life," Olivia said with a touch of scorn in her voice. "At least there some reassurance in the consistency you offer." She turned toward the doorway. "Now, let us catch the bus, Mr. Weard."

They were, of course, right on time for the next bus, despite how much later Casper had been than Olivia's deadline allowed. She entered the bus ahead of him and walked directly to her seat. As Casper made to follow her, the bus driver stopped him. "Hey, fella, pay the fare, huh?"

Casper dug his hand into his pocket and dropped the coins into the slot. Olivia's eyes, however, were distracted by the movement of his hands, and, watching, she saw four coins drop into the coin return slot, the noise completely muffled, as if by cloth, and the coins floated out of the slot and disappeared.

She made a point to repay the fare surreptitiously as they exited the bus.

~*~*~*~*~*~

They got off the bus within blocks of the appointed place and walked the rest of the way, stopping across the street from the building. Olivia pressed her lips together. The windows were obscured, very white against the dappled white and rust color on the walls of the exterior. Something was not normal here.

"I think, Mr. Weard. we might have been anticipated."

Casper coughed lightly, looking at her pointedly. Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Ghost." They watched the warehouse for a while, until Olivia spoke again, softly. "And you owe me for the bus fare you stole."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Aug 2 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Casper was still scowling about Olivia not being bothered by Strings when they stepped off the bus. He didn't miss the movement of Olivia's hand as she slipped some coins into the meter on the bus, while distracting the driver by asking him some stupid question. He rolled his eyes. She shouldn't have bothered. Strings didn't take many back - just what Casper had put in, plus a little extra for his trouble.

"Goodie two shoes," he muttered under his breath, sticking his hands in his pockets and wandering down the sidewalk. He figured the girl would catch up when she was done being all nice and everything.

The walk wasn't overly long and done in silence, until they'd reached the building. Casper studied the strangely-white windows with a curious expression on his face.

"I think, Mr. Weard. we might have been anticipated."

Really? I had no idea... He coughed lightly and sent her a pointed glare. He watched with some amusement as she rolled her eyes. He heard Strings giggle softly behind him.

"Ghost."

They both stood looking at the warehouse for a time, caught in their individual thoughts and plans for how they would move upon their current predicament. When Olivia spoke, it was in a soft, unconcerned voice.

"And you owe me for the bus fare you stole."

"Capitalist," Casper muttered, distracted. He glanced behind him, where he knew Strings was lingering, invisible. Then he looked down at Olivia's feet, where the purrloin and zorua had returned to once they stopped. "I didn't see them while we were walking."

"Yes. I told you that you might not."

"They're almost as good as ghost at disappearing." He saw the fur on the purrloin's back begin to rise in ire, but ignored it. "Why don't we use that?"

Olivia glanced down at her two pokemon, who looked at her, awaiting orders. "Very well. That is, surprisingly, one of the more intelligent things you have said so far." Casper rolled his eyes. "Do not let yourselves be seen," she told her pokemon softly.

The purrloin rolled her head toward the sky in a motion similar to eye rolling, and the zorua gave Olivia a pointed look of exasperation. Casper snickered, but turned around to face Strings, who turned visible at the motion.

"Stay invisible, buddy, and go look for a nice meal."

The shuppet spun in a circle, his cloak-like body spinning around him, before he abruptly vanished. A cackle echoed behind.

When Casper looked back at Olivia, her two pokemon were gone. He grinned at her. "Alone at last, Lollipop. Whatever shall we do?"

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Aug 4 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Aerodactyl, who had taken to the sky quite some time ago, came back down next to Vincent after he had stepped outside. He sat perfectly still until his master took the time to address him.

"Yes, Aerodactyl?" Vincent asked politely. He had been in a conversation with Shellder, who had not given the slightest notion of interest in his master for a few minutes. Aerodactyl let out a series of shrieks in an attempt to communicate with Vincent, who didn't understand pokespeak as well as he liked. He did, however, understand that something was bothering his prehistoric friend. "Is something wrong?"

Aerodactyl decided to play 'yes and no,' the game that Vincent's pokemon used to communicate when something needed saying. It nodded slowly at Vincent.

"Are you hungry?"

It shook its head.

"Is there....someone coming?"

A nod.

"How many?"

Aerodactyl didn't know. He had only seen a pair of trainers standing across the street, both wearing quite normal human attire. He didn't want to assume there was more than just the two of them, but he had no way of knowing if there were any more. It held up its wing and extended the two stubby fingers it had on it.

"Two, then. And let's assume, for the moment, they're alone. Since there's no back door, they'd have to come through here." Vincent began to pace. "Let's also assume, even if they didn't, that they saw you, Aerodactyl. Even if they hadn't, they would have noticed the windows are frozen over, so they know we're here. Since there's five of us and only two of them, I'll have you two stay outside," He motioned to Shellder and Aerodactyl, "to guard the door. If your attention gets divided, focus your attacks on just one of them, and let the other pass. Remember, don't attack the trainers directly. We are cordial and sophisticated."

Shellder stuck its tongue out at Vincent, which he took as a smug agreement. Shellder had attacked a few trainers in its day, so the thought might have crossed its mind. Aerodactyl, on the other hand, nodded its large stone head to its master and backed up a few paces before taking flight again. Vincent buttoned his coat and opened the door of the warehouse, only to be blasted by freezing air. He didn't know why he wore the wool jacket wherever he went, but he was absolutely ecstatic that he had it, because it had to be at least twenty degrees inside. Sneasel must not have let up with the Icy Wind.

Snorunt toppled over a stack of cardboard boxes on its way to hug Vincent. Of the four of his team, Snorunt was the youngest, and the most affectionate. It embraced Vincent's leg with a certain excitement, as though it was happy to be in a winter wasteland of cardboard and styrofoam.

"Hey, Snorunt. Go get Sneasel to stop blasting cold air into the vent. I think we made our point."

The little cone-shaped pokemon scurried away, knocking over another stack of boxes on its way to the back room. Vincent noticed the snow was beginning to freeze together, forming the harder, less powdery type commonly used for making snowballs.

Then he had a rather mischievous idea....

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Jan 26 2012, 02:59 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 5 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Nyx was, in short, a very simple soul. She was not vain, like her sisterkin at the kennel had been, preening, strutting, constantly grooming even though there wasn't a speck of dust on them. Nyx was not by any means unkempt, but there was a limit to how clean one should be. Even worse, she had seen firsthand what that kind of obsession could do, especially when the obsessed was not adopted after many tries. There had been quite a few who had licked their fur clean in patches, obsessing with cleanliness. Still others had found a lonely corner and stayed there. Motherkin often tried to help these fragile souls, but were sometimes unsuccessful. Nyx would never have allowed herself to be like that.

Isra was one of the reasons Nyx had not descended into such a mindbreak. She was Nyx' true sisterkin. Isra kept Nyx from finding a corner, and Nyx gently reminded Isra when she'd groomed enough. Together they survived, and when one needed the other, that other was there, no matter what box they were in, no matter if they were separated across whole rooms. Heartbound, even if not bloodbound.

It was together that they survived the Shaking Box, survived the water, and survived being free for the first time since hatching. It was together they decided that the sad girl would be their third sisterkin. They had been content to be treated as pets, content to press against the human sisterkin when nightmares made her sleep more lively than her wake, content to guard the woman at her desk as she immersed herself into boring scratches the humans called "writing". Isra sometimes wished that Olivia was more exciting like the treat woman, but Nyx new that Olivia needed them.

It was because of Sisterkin Olivia that Nyx had perfected one more illusion. When Olivia was upset, or sad, or quieter than usual (and Nyx and Isra could tell, even if the bluntheaded humans couldn't), and they were alone, Nyx could make herself look like a smaller version of Olivia, and let Olivia hug her until she felt better.

But motherkin Zoruark had taught her two, making sure that she had the means to hide if she could, and scare if she couldn't hide. The first is what she used now, an illusion she called "I Am Not Here". She could, if she concentrated, extend it to Isra, if her sisterkin was close. Once, as she slept, she and Isra checked to see if she could extend it to Olivia. Isra had panicked when the girl's head disappeared, but nothing else.

That had been funny.

Nyx had to concentrate very hard, though, to hide Isra, and was afraid at first that the flying handkerchief would also need to be hidden, which she was unsure she could do even if Isra carried her. Luckily, the handkerchief could make himself Not There, so she only had to have Isra lead her while she made sure the pokémon at the door knew that They Were Not There.

They got to the side of the livingbox and paced around it, Isra now using the shadows and hiding to be Not There while Nyx only made herself Not There and could allow herself to look around and still be Not There. The handkerchief whistled softly. Isra hissed even more softly, berating the handkerchief for being too noisy, and crept to the shadow where she could see best, grumbling so that only Nyx could hear about how it was fine if the ghost could hide himself, but he was endangering them, too. That was silly. Nyx didn't think he was loud enough for others to hear, and if he was, she could make her and her sisterkin Not There and that would be that.

The handkerchief, Strings, had found a window that was pretty clear, and through it he could see a winter wonderland. Nyx, too, wondered why the land inside was wintery, but it didn't seem to matter much.

Can you get through, she asked in her whisper soft voice. The ghost stared at her and tilted his head. Nyx asked, slightly louder, earning an annoyed glance from Isra toward the ghost.

A vigorous nod, and Strings was inside. Nyx made herself Not There and waited.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Aug 8 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"Dun dun dun duuuun dun.... dun dun dun duuuuun..."

Strings floated, invisible, through the wall of the building and into a room filled with snow. He was lucky in that no one else was near, because when he appeared amidst the white fluff, he squealed in delight and threw himself into a snow pile.

He giggled at he swam through the snow, puffing up out of it randomly like a wailord from the sea.

Oh, but he needs to concentrate, because he is sneaking, and he must be quiet, and serious, and sneaky.

Strings eyed the snow sadly.

Ghost would let him come back and play later. Ghost was good like that.

So, rising from the snow, Strings let all of the fluff slip through him when he made himself incorporeal, and then he flew onward through the building, humming his theme song, because he was sneaking, and his Theme Song of Sneaking helped him sneak.

It really, really did.

"Dun dun dun duuuun dun.... dun dun dun duuuuun..."

The not-so-nice kitty and the fox-that-could-disappear were not nearly as sneaking as Strings (because he was the best sneaker) and they didn't have a theme song, but they moved around the building on the outside. They couldn't pass through walls like Strings could, so he had to help them get in, and since he was the best sneaker, and the best at finding things, he, of course, found the perfect way in.

Good thing he was also best at opening windows!

Playing with the latch didn't help very much, though, because of all of the ice. Strings disappeared abruptly at a discouraging hiss from Isra and faded vaguely back into appearance, hiding in a not-quite-there form. He glanced from the not-so-nice kitty to the fox-that-could-disappear, and then turned with a twirl of his lower body and disappeared further into the building.

He came back moments later, lugging a computer modem with him, and cackled at the two pokemon outside of the window. Wisely, they both leapt out of the way, before Strings threw the computer modem at the iced-over glass.

The window shattered upon impact, though the modem was large and the awkward position of it did not allow it to fall through the window and out the other side. Instead, it broke the glass and then bounced off of the frame, toppling to the floor beneath the sill. The many wires still connecting it to the rest of the computer, as well as the outlet - the main outlet of the building, in fact - were enveloped by the soft snow.

There was a spark as the moisture from the snow touched the wires and sent a current rushing into the main outlet of the building.

The building in which Aqua kept a lot of their older information had been built with the latest in modern technologies, to insure ease-of-use for those spending time there, as well as to ascertain that the information was well-protected. Te electrician that was hired to wire the building had been a Civilian who had realized, halfway through the job, that he was being ripped off by the people who hired him, not being paid half as much as an Aqua electrician would have been, and so his work was less than ideal.

Oh, the doors were all programmed to open upon keycode entry, and they worked well. Unfortunately, when the electrician installed the breaker box, he did not take into account all of the safety features required upon it, and so it did not properly do its job.

When the wires from the main outlet of the building dropped into the snow and the outlet shorted, the short travelled to the breaker box. The breaker box gave a loud SNAP that echoed through the building, as it shorted, sending sparks showering over the dusty furniture in the room. The sparks simmered for a while on the furniture, until a tiny flame appeared, and began to grow, the only light in the now lightless-building. All of the power had been lost, including the keylocks on the doors, the air vents that linked the rooms with the air filtration system, and the elevator, which was the only means to reach the second basement, unless one could teleport.

Two floors above the growing fire, amidst the chaos of sudden, unprecedented darkness, a fox and a cat slipped through a broken window and into the building.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Aug 18 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent had devised a way to better disorient the intruders, other than by merely freezing the warehouse. With all the snow on the ground, he had rolled about forty snowballs, perfectly packed and expertly shaped. Although the process was far from entertaining, it calmed him considerably to know he was keeping himself busy.

Snorunt and Sneasel were still back in the AC room, perfectly oblivious to him. They could care less about what he was doing, so long as it didn't involve them. Vincent smirked at the thought of them, wistfully playing while danger was potentially upon them. Although the thought amused him, he was a tad jealous that they could ignore the outside world for a short time and enjoy themselves. With what they had been through over the last couple years, they deserved it way more than he did.

"Snorunt?" Vincent called into the snow. It popped its conical body out of a half concealed doorway into the back room, where Sneasel was waiting. "Did you get Sneasel?"

Snorunt grinned widely and dragged Sneasel out from behind the door.

"Both of you, come here. Make a snow fort for yourselves."

The two scrambled over mounds of frost and cardboard to follow orders. Rarely did Vincent give issue to frivolity, but he was feeling lighthearted for a change, and wanted his pokemon to feel the same. As they made a wall of powdery snow in the center of the room, Vincent stuffed his snowballs into a box and carried it over to them. They accepted it eagerly before going back to construction of the best snow fort ever. Silently, Vincent crept back to the front door and exited into the sunlight once more, to comfort his other pokemon. It wasn't like Snorunt and Sneasel were going anywhere, and Aerodactyl and Shellder couldn't be left out.

Sneasel, as much fun as he was having, could not sit still. Snorunt was a great playmate, but they had been playing for the last two hours, and things were starting to get boring, quick. The fort took no time at all to make between their combined abilities to make snow at will, and shaping it took even less when Sneasel used its rounded claws to scrape the top into glorious smoothness. And as bodacious of a fort as it was, it served no purpose other than to kill time.

But then, suddenly, a loud sound split the serenity. It was the sound of glass shattering, followed shortly after by sparking wires. Someone, or something, had broken into the warehouse.

Where was Vincent? Sneasel wondered. He was just here.

"Sneasel, what was that?" Snorunt asked in its obnoxiously cute voice.

"A window broke, stupid. I think someone's coming in."

Snorunt peered over the side of the wall, trying to elevate itself hight by stretching its legs, or lack thereof. "I see a broken window....but no one's here."

"They probably took cover, or something," Sneasel replied aloofly.

"What should we do?" Snorunt asked timidly.

"Wait here. Lay low until I need you. I'll get to the bottom of this."

"Oh, good. Thank you, Sneasel!"

Sneasel lept over the snow wall he had worked so hard on, shredding a chunk of it with his claw as he did so. Snorunt would probably fix it before he came back. The little guy was just a tad OCD anyway.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 19 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Olivia watched Isra and Nyx move for as long as she could see them. Seconds later, she was leaning against the wall, staring ahead and slightly down. "They'll need a distraction. Mr. Wea-" She stopped, focusing on the look he gave her, and rolled her eyes. "Ghost. You stay here and watch my back. You have the only viable pokémon left, and if my plan goes poorly, I will need your support." She looked up at his face, then, seeing the rebellious tendencies he had shown all week.

As he opened his mouth to refute, she pressed her lips together. "There is no time for argument. This place has been prepared, an-" There was a crashing noise from the alleyway, and Olivia counted to ten before continuing with a sigh. "And they are, more than likely, alerted to someone's presence. If we have a chance to succeed, we have to distract while our pokémon do their work." She raised a brow. "If I'm unsuccessful, it will be up to you to protect our interests here."

Without waiting for him to reply, she turned around and walked, away from the building. She went around the block as quickly as she could. She didn't feel right, trusting Casper to do as she'd asked, but there was no choice that was expedient, and with both of her pokémon elsewhere, expedience was key.

She crossed the street and began walking up the block, toward the target building. In her hand, retrieved from her pocket, was a small sheet of paper with a name and address printed on it: Kanjohosinun Studios. She had forgotten she had it until she had looked in her pockets that morning, and had not been able to throw it away. The discovery had lead to a plan, which she now enacted. She looked at the addresses, allowing her natural confusion throughout the day to bleed into her expression. She certainly had a lot of confusing circumstances to work with: Meeting this strange boy, being assigned to field work, the fact that he seemed unphased by anything... When she finally got to the door, she spotted the two pokémon, started a bit, and put her hand to her chest. "Goodness, I'm sorry... is your trainer, or supervisor inside? I seem to be lost..."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Sep 2 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Casper waited until Olivia was out of sight (and thus unable to see him any longer) before he moved.

This was completely stupid, him taking orders from some anti-social pencil pusher with an authority complex and broken humor muscles. And by humor, he meant the part of a person that allowed them to laugh, and smile, and appreciate all that Casper had to offer, which wasn't all funny, of course, but what was up with this girl's perpetual frown? Someone needed to get laid.

"Not even sure I'd do her. Annoying- unf!" Casper's foot slipped on the window ledge he had been standing on and the top overhang of the window slammed into the bottom of his chin. He groaned and bemoaned his bitten tongue, as he resituated both of his feet on the window ledge, and then continued to make his way up the side of the building.

"This would be so much easier if I was Golbatman. Everyone should carry around a handy grappling hook for just - moments - like these." His foot slipped twice more, once on the overhang that had slammed into his chin, and then again while scrapping against the brick wall as he gripped the top ledge of the building and tried to pull himself onto the rooftop.

Casper had trained for moments like these. Not long, and not well, obviously, since he wasn't that good, but he had prepared himself for having to do things like climb buildings and dive underwater, and jump out of helicopters.

The last one had given him some issue, since the only flying pokemon his mom had let him borrow was a tiny little pidgey, and let's just say they're not made for carrying people - or stopping that far-too-quick descent that gravity too often caused.

He still had nightmares about that sometimes. Climbing on top of a building probably wasn't helping that fear.

Still, he didn't like taking orders from a grunt, and a humorless grunt, to boot. He wasn't about to do as she said, and screwing up her plans and getting them out of this stupid mission and back to his suite, where he could climb into his jacuzzi and just soak for hours, sounded absolutely brilliant.

"Livvie Livvie You Smileless Twit, I'm about to screw up your day." Casper had climbed up on the edge of the building, just above where Olivia was standing, and planned to jump down in front of her and scare the crap out of her. There were two things that altered his plans.

One, the door to the building on which he stood had opened, revealing a boy who had apparently been talking to Olivia.

Two, Olivia was acting... confused, like a tourist or a new person in town, who had gotten their streets mixed up and ended up in the wrong district and didn't know which way to go. It wasn't really the tone of voice that sold it, though that was done well. It was the facial expression - lines of confusion that crinkled around her eyes, the way her bottom lip was jut out just slightly in the softest of pouts, and the way she glanced back the road, as though frightened of this strange place she knew nothing about, and no one in. It was... and incredible bit of acting for someone who was normally so emotionless, and who was clearly improvising the entire thing.

Casper hesitated in his jump and then, as the conversation continued on with no hint that she had failed to fool the boy in front of her, the blonde slowly backed up, out of sight, and crouched down on the roof.

Okay. So, apparently, Livvie Lollipop did just a little more than push pencils. Just... a little.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 9 2011, 02:37 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent slowly shut the door behind him as the voice of a female elicited a yelp from him. He spun around quickly and looked up at at the young woman. She was very conservatively and in dull colors, despite having strikingly beautiful, if not meticulously short, hair of a deep, dark color Vincent couldn't identify as either blue or black. Her voice was concerned, and rightfully so, since she had explained that she 'seemed' to be lost. Even if she sounded sincere, Vincent had to assume that she wasn't here by coincidence. His first indicator of this was, actually, the way she dressed: someone this methodical and strict about her appearance must take painstaking care with every aspect of life, including not getting lost.

"I, uh....That would be me," Vincent stuttered. "Is there something I can help you with, miss....what was your name?"

If she was acting -- and he expected her to be, even if she wasn't -- then she would give him a plausible reason to make him think she was genuinely lost. But in his mind, Vincent wanted to be sure he got some indicator of her intentions, so he pressed another question.

"And, by the way, where do you work? You dress very formally for someone off duty, and you're awful far away from the shopping district."

He had his Aqua uniform on, but that didn't bother him. In fact, he thought it might play towards his advantage later in the future.

Shellder hobbled over to Vincent and sat quietly, staring at the woman's shoes. Aerodactyl had not moved from his spot under a nearby tree, where it sat in plain sight, eyeballing the conversation from the shade. Vigilant. Good for him.

"Oh, and please excuse my pokemon. They're a bit....on edge."

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:58 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.