Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Uprising FAQ
BlackStarLine
post Jul 15 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #161

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

Ah, Right. Sounds good.

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vena Sera
post Jul 23 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #162

Back.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 98 397

meh.

Short question: Is there an Uprising wiki?

--------------------
that world is calling
so i'm crawling back to sea
against the surge of waves that held us
in that ancient grip beneath
retreat to safer waters

obligatory rp spoiler (click to show)
credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 23 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #163

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Yes

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Vena Sera
post Jul 23 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #164

Back.
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 397

meh.

Thank you.

--------------------
that world is calling
so i'm crawling back to sea
against the surge of waves that held us
in that ancient grip beneath
retreat to safer waters

obligatory rp spoiler (click to show)
credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

eraclea
post Jul 26 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #165

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 106 764

Active Squad

I just joined the other day, and I have two questions.

1. What's the weather currently like in Noverus? I don't know if it's set, or if you can just kind of make it up (as long as it wouldn't be, like, suddenly blizzard-ing throughout the city). Once I start role playing I'd like to maybe describe my character's outfit and the weather outside, and I don't want to say something like "she had a sweater and scarf" when it's sunny out. Or "she was wearing a light dress" if it were cold. I don't know how much it matters, but I don't want to say anything wrong... so.

2. My character works at a café, and she may possibly be there in a role play at some point or another. If that happens, do I create a description of the place to be added to the map? It's not just a plain 'ol coffee shop, and it has a few unique details, but I don't know if it qualifies as needing a description thing. I don't think it does at the moment, since it's not in a role play, but if the time comes... I just want to make sure I'm allowed to make a place, and if I should make a description for others to see as well.

Thats all at the moment; thanks. c:
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 26 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #166

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

I don't think we generally concern ourselves with the weather too much, to be honest. Unless two RPs are feeding off of each other (which actually seems to occur more in PANE than in Uprising), it occasionally comes across, to me at least, that each RP is set in its own timeline. Yes, they are all generally occurring around the same time, but for the sake of continuity, I believe we can say that there could be season differences between one RP to the next. After all, some people RP faster than others. So, do as you wish with the weather in your RP.

As for the cafe, we've had a few places in RPs that don't play a part much greater than as a temporary setting. If that is all that yours is, then I don't think a description for the map is overly necessary. However, if your character working there is going to play a large part in RPs, then perhaps it would be a good idea to just cover the bases, and you could give a name and description and location to the mods for the map.

Have fun RPing!

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 26 2010, 06:22 PM
Post #167

Group Icon

And a Golurk

To add to the cafe thing: I probably won't be remaking the map anytime soon. Feel free to make a new location and maybe one day I'll get around to adding it into a new map.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 29 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #168

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

Two questions:

First one involves Zorua and Zoroark. Seeing as they are, apparently, event-only Pokemon how would that affect the RP? Would players be able to capture a Zorua normally or would it be some kind of prize? Just asking this because after seeing the movie trailer the idea of a werewolf-monster roaming through Noverus would do a great RP.

Second one involves friendly NPCs. In PANE we have partners. In Uprising we currently don't. But that's not what I'm achieving for. I was wondering that since there is no official topic about it would we be able to create a "more important then the others" NPC. Not more important that everyone, of course, just kinda like the partners. I had one in mind but he wouldn't be a "full-time partner". Just kind of a roommate that sometimes gets assigned to the same missions.

After reading this I noticed that the second question seems extremely confusing but hopefully it won't be for you mods. :P

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 29 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #169

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Tysm @ Jul 29 2010, 01:50 PM) *
Two questions:

First one involves Zorua and Zoroark. Seeing as they are, apparently, event-only Pokemon how would that affect the RP? Would players be able to capture a Zorua normally or would it be some kind of prize? Just asking this because after seeing the movie trailer the idea of a werewolf-monster roaming through Noverus would do a great RP.

As of yet, no Generation V pokemon are to be used in Uprising or PANE, save for the special Isshu Region Pokedex Project that is being run in PANE, by the mods (only). As we get more information, we will release information on how Generation V pokemon will be integrated into PANE.

QUOTE(Tysm @ Jul 29 2010, 01:50 PM) *
Second one involves friendly NPCs. In PANE we have partners. In Uprising we currently don't. But that's not what I'm achieving for. I was wondering that since there is no official topic about it would we be able to create a "more important then the others" NPC. Not more important that everyone, of course, just kinda like the partners. I had one in mind but he wouldn't be a "full-time partner". Just kind of a roommate that sometimes gets assigned to the same missions.

After reading this I noticed that the second question seems extremely confusing but hopefully it won't be for you mods. :P

Currently, there is a similar situation to what you're describing being used by my RP group: Their commander, Bryce, shows up and has parts, but is not a constant presence. If you wish to make one for your group, PM it to the mods. We'll handle this informally for now.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 29 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #170

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

Oh no, I'm not wanting to use them now. But, by the looks of it, Zorua and Zoroark are event-exclusive, despise still being normal Pokemon. So when they eventually get released how will this be handled in PANE and Uprising? Contest prize? Capture at your own will? Just curious.

And that's fair enough. I take it that we can use the Profile Template to fit it to an NPC when PMing them to a mod.

Thanks for the information. C:

--------------------
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 29 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #171

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Oh no, I'm not wanting to use them now. But, by the looks of it, Zorua and Zoroark are event-exclusive, despise still being normal Pokemon. So when they eventually get released how will this be handled in PANE and Uprising? Contest prize? Capture at your own will? Just curious.

There is an idea underway to this end that will likely lead to the Gen V pokemon being capturable just as any other generation pokemon are. However, this will not be made possible until the mods give the okay.

I take it that we can use the Profile Template to fit it to an NPC when PMing them to a mod.

That would suffice.

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 29 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #172

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

It's possible it will be an event like the riolu was an event in DPP: Something will lead you to getting it in the game, but there will be one in game for everyone. This is similar to how eevee in RBY and togepi in GSC were handled, and they are not treated any differently. That being said, zorua will likely be the same.

If the event is more difficult, we will discuss it and handle it accordingly: As of now, there isn't enough information to decide.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

wyz
post Sep 11 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #173

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 269

Active Squad

I am wondering, can a Pokemon have more than four moves in their moveset?

--------------------

___
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Sep 11 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #174

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

QUOTE(WYZURD @ Sep 11 2010, 10:35 PM) *
I am wondering, can a Pokemon have more than four moves in their moveset?

Yes.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

wyz
post Sep 13 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #175

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 269

Active Squad

Um, can a Pokemon trainer use 2 or more Pokemon simultaneously? Like can I used all three of my Pokemon in a situation and battling? It is realistic to do so, but I was just wondering if it was allowed.

--------------------

___
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Sep 13 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #176

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

I'm pretty sure it's aloud. I've done it before, though it was the NPC who was doing it. :/ Still, if you're surrounded by like 5 people, you wouldn't just stand around and fight one person while the others attacked you. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 14 2010, 06:06 AM
Post #177

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Yes, it's allowed.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Oct 24 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #178

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

Well, I think it's time for a new question since we haven't had one for over a month. Well, two questions to be exact.

Say I were to abandon my character and make a new one. I know half the levels gain would get transfered over to to my new character. But what if I didn't like my new character were to ditch my second character and go back to my first one?

And my second question, what if instead of going back to my first after I got rid of my second, I made a third character?

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Oct 24 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #179

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

QUOTE(ShinyTyphlosion @ Oct 24 2010, 02:18 PM) *
Well, I think it's time for a new question since we haven't had one for over a month. Well, two questions to be exact.

Say I were to abandon my character and make a new one. I know half the levels gain would get transfered over to to my new character. But what if I didn't like my new character were to ditch my second character and go back to my first one?

Bad luck, you'll be transfering a half of your second character's levels back to your first - NOT returning to the first character's levels.. In short, it is treated the same as making a whole new character.

And my second question, what if instead of going back to my first after I got rid of my second, I made a third character?

Same situation.

In short, you change your character in any way, even going back to an old one, it is treated as though a new character has been made according to the rules.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lup
post Dec 17 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #180

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 452

Active Squad

Okay, I've got a question. I'm almost POSITIVE it's in the rules somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Even a link would be just fine so I can check and make sure of this.

When you transfer to a new faction, you lose all of your former faction points, right?
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:00 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.