Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Limts/TMs, .........
Captain Combuske...
post Feb 27 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #1

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

OK. I have a couple of questions, that have arisen from looking through this section when I recently was bored.

Firstly, is there a limit to the number of Pokemon that someone may posess? I because Alex currently has 6 Pokemon (OK, so one of them's in a daycare centre, but that's not the point). If I were to get two more, he'd need to start using the DREADED PC (Technology... LOL). Anyway, so as I said, is there a point when you mods will just say "enough is enough"?

My other point is some moves. I was slightly annoyed peeved frustrated recently when I was doing a battle in an RP with Stryk (A Starly). I wanted her to use Peck and Gust, but when I went on serebii to check her moves, I found that she didn't posess them. And I read the topic about TMs, and was wondering whether or not it would be possible for you to bend some rules a little, because basically every single bird can peck, no?
And that means other types as well. For example, say I wanted my Mudkip to learn Bubblebeam. Would I be allowed to do that?

This post has been edited by Alex Slasher: Feb 27 2010, 12:13 PM

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Feb 27 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

The general rule in the VERY beginning was to follow the anime line: If it made sense that the pokemon know the move, then it could know the move. In other words, if your squirtle knew flamethrower, that couldn't happen.

Later it was decided by new mods that some kin of level restriction would need to be in place, so we didn't have level 1 earthquaking riolus or level 5 blizzarding snorunts. Still, it was usually a given that approximate levels were OK (so, say, a ralts knowing Magical Leaf at 18 wasn't frowned upon, since it was within 4 levels of it actually learning the move).

The trend is that the move should be in the pokemon's moveset, and the trend seems to be within 5-7 levels of the move actually being learned. If in doubt, clear it with a Mod. We're generally pretty generous, so long as it's within a reasonable level range.

As for how many pokemon you have, as long as you can keep track of them, we don't care if you have 458 pokemon, so long as you keep track of their levels in the current levels thread (bear in mind, however, you won't be able to put all the icons for them in the thread, the board limits that.) Also, you will only be able to carry 6, maximum, a fact which no one has disputed, but I put here to clarify for others.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Feb 27 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #3

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Some examples of what would be allowed *right now* are below. Bear in mind, you can always request something and see if a mod will allow it. Also, please update your profile with attacks known by each Pokemon and add in Treeky and Leo.

Torchic lvl.12
Peck, Featherdance

Mudkip lvl.11
Bubble, Ice Ball (if it had an Icy heritage or was exposed to very cold temperatures during training)

Stryk lvl.11
Double Team, Peck, Gust, Roost

Treecko lvl.11
Bullet Seed, Grasswhistle (grab a piece of grass, or simply blow on tail?!)

Shinx lvl.11
Bite, Thundershock, Quick Attack

Heracross lvl.10
Rock Smash, False Swipe, Harden

Also, Pokemon don't just suddenly learn things between rps. We like to see them discover the new move for a reason e.g. in battle, to help their trainer, by accident when exposed to something, very deliberate training to acquire the move etc.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:48 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.