Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Questions on Evolution, And possibly something extra
Jansen
post Mar 2 2011, 02:00 AM
Post #1

Deceiver of Fools
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 214

My Favorites

Now, I seem to remember coming across the answer to this, or at least part of it, somewhere, but I can find it no longer, and don't really feel like sifting through every post everywhere to find it. So, I present questions:

How exactly does trade evolution work here, like slowpoke to slowking and the like? And what about friendly evolution? How do you keep track of that, if at all? Is friendly evolution something like, must participate in X many RPs, or just a "Mod discretion"? Are stones instantaneous like they are in the game, and just how expensive would one be? By the same token, how likely is it to just find one, like a dawn stone for example? And back to the slowpoke evolution tree for a moment: Can you evolve them like in the show? You know, have a shelder bite their tail/head, and thus, they evolve?

I can't think of any more evolutionary questions, but I have a couple non-evolutionary ones:

I've noticed profiles, after submitting my own, that had ipod touches, and I think I saw an iphone as well. Now, I ponder, would the pokedex have an app? I would think so, given that there's an app for everything else, and a pokedex app would be like, app #1 in the pokemon universe. But, I don't know if there's a ruling for that yet or not, thus I ask. Also, would changes to possessions on person after the profile is approved be something that needs run by a mod? Like, if there would be an app for a pokedex, I'd be rid of the pokebook thing I cooked up while I put the profile together, and replace it with an iphone/droid, and just take my own notes on pokemon in a notebook... But, I think I digress.

Anyway, if someone, anyone, knows the answers tho these, or any other, questions I come up with; please say so.

Many thinks. ^_^.gif

This post has been edited by Jansen: Mar 2 2011, 02:00 AM

--------------------

Clicky Clicky.
I return clicks to whole parties, regardless of how many of mine you click. It would be nice if I could get full party clicks too. Should I forget to update my pokemon, you can find my current list here. Thanks! ^_^.gif

PANE Character (click to show)
Uprising Character (click to show)
Stuff I got bored and did (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Mar 2 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #2

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

With the exception of level-up evolutions, all other evolutions require mod permission. Trading evos are treated like happiness evos. You should complete a few RPs to show that your pokemon likes your character before attempting evolution (no level 5 weaviles). There's no set number of RPs to complete; decision will be based on RP skill within those RPs.

Mods don't care how you get evo stones or any items for that matter. As long as it makes sense, you're good there.

You could have slowpoke evolve with shellder...as long as slowpoke is level 37 or higher :P.

Not being a mod, I can't say for sure on the pokedex thing. My thoughts: there's so much info on a pokedex, it might not fit on an ipod. You'll need the pokedex itself (or a big book).

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Jansen
post Mar 2 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Deceiver of Fools
Group Icon

My Favorites

So, the trade evolution thing requires a few RPs together? Alright. And cool. Makes for the possibility of a neat idea if I ever decided to get a slowbro or slowking.

As for the ipod app... makes sense I suppose. And I'm pretty sure it was a large book... It was good times. I think I might still add an ipod with a camera, so she can reasonably add info to my little book at any time, and still have musics for those boring times on the road. Not sure any of that was necessary to add, but meh.

Thanks! ^_^.gif

EDIT: And while I have your attention, I have a further question about slowking:

I'm pretty sure there was a statement in the "what we learned from... whatever the rest of that topic is" that said no pokemon could talk without intensive study... Or I think that's what it said. But I'm pretty sure I remember that in one of the pokemon movies, a Slowking explained something about why it could talk like meowth, but hadn't practiced or something... The shelder on its head had made it smart enough to talk without much practice or something... Anyway the question is basically, can any old slowking just talk? Or is it still the same premise where it would take a lot of practice?

This post has been edited by Jansen: Mar 2 2011, 11:37 AM

--------------------

Clicky Clicky.
I return clicks to whole parties, regardless of how many of mine you click. It would be nice if I could get full party clicks too. Should I forget to update my pokemon, you can find my current list here. Thanks! ^_^.gif

+Quote Post

Rasu
post Mar 2 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #4

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

This was answered in the topic but never added to that "Things we learned..." one. If I recall correctly, Pokemon that could actually talk (as in really talk like the Slowking and Meowth) weren't allowed but telepathy (like Lucario in the movie/most of the legendaries) is. I dunno if it changed since but that's what I read back then.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jansen
post Mar 2 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #5

Deceiver of Fools
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Bogart @ Dec 27 2010, 01:57 PM) *
29. Most psychic and ghost types (and a few special other ones) can establish a mental link with a trainer. Pokémon who have intensively trained in English (or another language) can speak it – this requires a period of several years 2G says: You need mod permission for this. Even then, don't bet on us saying yes.. It is impossible for a human to speak the Pokémon language, but an interpreter Pokémon may act as go-between.

This seems to contradict that. But that's why I'm asking. The pokemon movie I'm thinking of is the one with the three legendary birds, and lugia trying to destroy everything. The slowking was giving all the necessary information in english. Anyway... Anyone certain about it? Not that you didn't help Tekno, but I'd like a more complete answer. Thank you for your answer just the same Tekno. ^_^.gif

--------------------

Clicky Clicky.

+Quote Post

Rasu
post Mar 2 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #6

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

Oh, so that's where I heard it. Yeah, I couldn't exactly recall what was said so sorry for the mix up. Sadly I don't remember what Slowking says in the movie so I searched on Bulbapedia and the best I got was a "He speaks human language because of his wisdom" which doesn't help much to the cause.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jansen
post Mar 2 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #7

Deceiver of Fools
Group Icon

My Favorites

In my mind, that does sorta help my point. It something to do with an intense and innate mental strength and capacity, which could translate into human speech with little to no effort on the part of the Slowking. I dunno, but I think that would make perfect sense if they were more or less the only ones that could, they're so much more mentally evolved then most pokemon. But, according to the Dex entry, if they take that shelder off their head, they're once again just a dumb as any slowpoke. I dunno if that helps or hurts my case, it's just a thought. I do hope they can, it would make for a fantastic addition to a team.

This post has been edited by Jansen: Mar 2 2011, 08:56 PM

--------------------

Clicky Clicky.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:15 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.