Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Battle Subway Guide [Revamp], Updated 12/12/2016
GothMetal
post Jun 26 2015, 03:03 AM
Post #121

A random goat
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16 952

My Platinum Team

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Jun 25 2015, 11:08 PM) *
QUOTE(GothMetal @ Jun 25 2015, 07:46 PM) *
I have some of all of them (no proteins)
Actually I have Iron and Zinc (que ones can be given)

In fact, I noticed it when I got a Protein and I tried to give it to the dragon...

If something like "This Pokémon has received 2 vitamins. He may receive 4 more." doesn't appear, it's probably because you already gave him six vitamins.

I see... I don't know when, but in that case, It was so much time ago...
I've checked my 155 jynx I know I gave 6 vitamins, and it's the same, this doesn't show... I prefer this would appear, because of my bad memory noes.gif but thanks...

About ivs, I have some pkmns with no so high ivs, but they are pretty strong: 94 ivs hariyama, 115 mightyena, 103 rapidash, 109 rampardos... and most of them don't have a good nature either... And if nothing better comes, I will keep using them. But in fact, is pretty important the nature and the ivs, I see better results taking care of that part, but not to all pkmns are important to make them a rlz pkmn

--------------------

- - - - - -

QUOTE("Evanescence")
You can't play the victim this time

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Easley
post Jun 26 2015, 07:36 AM
Post #122

Because a Pandora Box is more tempting when it's closed.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 197 774

Warriors~

Thanks for the helpful thread, Sam! grin.gif
Really into battles lately for Furfrou combs I even made this

Source here

Btw, I'm looking forward for more tips! grin.gif Keep updating please~

--------------------
Meet me at GPX+ grin.gif
I'm currently unavailable to trade away Sky Gifts! PM me if you'd like to trade!
(unknown Sky Gifts are ready to trade!)
English is not my native language, so please bear with my broken English, ok? XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, so it seems that my party wants to say hello! grin.gif

Thanks for Kila & Lunar Dance for the beautiful Trinkets!

Proudly a part of: (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

Jade
post Jul 18 2015, 12:52 PM
Post #123

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

I just wanted to say thank you so much for this guide. I definitely could not have mastered the battle tower without it and now battling isn't a chore it's actually rather fun! Now I actually see myself getting these achievements and having a much easier time with a certain exploration task.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 18 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #124

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 18 2015, 06:52 PM) *
I just wanted to say thank you so much for this guide. I definitely could not have mastered the battle tower without it and now battling isn't a chore it's actually rather fun! Now I actually see myself getting these achievements and having a much easier time with a certain exploration task.

I'm glad it's helped happy.gif It's daunting differentiating between the supposed simpler version of battling, unlike the games, I think I found this to be more difficult to comprehend.

Once you get a rhythm going it's not so bad! But, you're welcome.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

froggy25
post Sep 9 2015, 10:24 AM
Post #125

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 81 490

Active Squad

Does anyone really use Influence Power ? Is there a way to get better IVs, aside from Vitamins ? I wasted like 1000 orbs on Influence Power and only got two decent sets of IVs, so even with the guaranteed nature the odds of getting usable IVs (25+ Speed IV and decent ATK / SAtk IV) seems really low. 15 orbs is way too expensive :/

This post has been edited by froggy25: Sep 9 2015, 10:25 AM
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Sep 9 2015, 10:42 AM
Post #126

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

To be honest? Influence Power isn't worth it most of the time. It's a lot easier to just stalk the Safari and grab the Pokemon you're looking for. It's much less costly and essentially takes roughly the same amount of time.

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

deleted user
post Sep 11 2015, 11:40 AM
Post #127

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 129 409

Active Squad

I use Influence Power for Scavenger Hunt tasks that require the Pokemon to be a certain nature.
Heck, I never even considered using it for Battle Tower Pokemon because that would just be too costly.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 25 2015, 08:06 AM
Post #128

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

Hey guys happy.gif I've updated the first post with some new stuff.

Firstly, I've changed the images - instead of having individual images for hold items taking up valuable image space, I've lumped them all together in one image (apologies for the little page stretch too, I got a bit carried away I think. I don't think it's a problem, but if it is I can change it so it's smaller)

Secondly, and a bit more important, I've changed some wording and added in a new section regarding Mega Pokémon. The guide didn't list them before but now it does - I'm looking for general ideas regarding the Pokémon, if anybody has any combinations they'd like to share, please do and I'll add them to the relevant section.

I'd like some gem combinations too - I'm looking at removing the tips section as a whole, and incorporating gem combinations and team combinations into one big lump. I'm not sure how long it's going to be exactly, especially with spoilers not working at this moment in time.

The guide has details of HOW to make a good team, but there are no examples anywhere, so I'd be appreciative if you guys could clump together and help me out with that! Just make a post about it, obviously don't double post, just edit in new teams when you've thought of some stuff - it would really help new users out and those struggling to reach that 75 streak mark!

====================

As always, if there are any issues, send me a PM or contact me in the IRC!

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Sep 25 2015, 10:52 AM
Post #129

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Here's a team I'm working to do since I'm still not quite satisfied with mine quite yet.

Rushdown Extraordinaire

Mega Alakazam

Mega Gyarados

Mega Charizard X

Skarmory

Dugtrio

Sawk

Megazam is a must-upgrade from Alakazam if you use him. He gets a much-needed defense boost (albeit small) and his SA and Speed go even more through the roof. Choice Specs are probably ideal for him.

Mega Gyarados and Megazard X are iffy alone, but together they make for a great combination. The two together can cover a huge variety of types, and both can run Agili-buff to be ugly sweepers. I like Leftovers on the bulkier Gyarados...Megazard is pick 'em. You can go Leftovers to maximize longevity, you can sacrifice Agility (since it's fairly speedy) and go with a Grass/Water gem to cover its weaknesses...it's up in the air.

Sawk is classic beatstick, no changes. :P Though I run Band over Swords Dance, because I rarely get to use Sawk for more than one or two pokes before I run into a fairy or flyer.

Dugtrio is classic revenge killer, no changes. Band is normal, nothing special.

Sharmory's a great tank, especially when paired with Megazard, Gyarados, and Dugtrio, as the only type the group doesn't resist in some way is fighting. I run both defense boosts and Rest to maximize longevity (its plebeian SD requires it in some cases), and choose Aerial Ace over Metal Claw, as it provides better, more needed coverage against bugs, grassers, and most importantly, Fighting.

Problems the team might have:

Fighting types: Without Mega Alakazam, a good fighter can give this team fits. Skarmory's usually tough enough to outlast them, but several in a row or Mienshao can cause serious problems. Don't get blindsided late!

Agility: This team doesn't have a dedicated Hazer or Roarer, relying more on brute force and blinding speed to take out any troublemakers. Something that buffs itself and uses Agility can pose massive problems, especially if it's something only one Pokemon can effectively counter.

Dragon types: Skarmory can handle most Dragon types, and Megazard and Dugtrio more or less can take the rest. However, if Skarmory's gone, some dragons can become quite a nuisance, especially Haxorus. Mega Alakazam oneshots them with Psychic, and most of them with Confusion, but there's always Scarfed ones....

Azumarill: It probably won't be able to do much, but nothing on the team has a supereffective move (unless you gave Megazard a grass gem) and its defenses can make for late-game stalemates.

Zergoose: Considering only Bisharp, Tyranitar, Klefki, and Lucario can effectively stuff a Zergoose defensively, these guys can be annoying. Regular Zergoose often beats Sawk 1v1 if you switch into him. Gyarados's bulk may be of use, but the safest route is to switch to Skarmory and buff it to switch or outlast it. Jolly Dugtrio outspeeds Feral Zergoose 9 times out of 10 to revenge kill, but is almost always OHKOed by it. Jolly Dugtrio is not a guaranteed OHKO on normal 'Goose, though.

That's a basic breakdown-any questions, feel free to ask. happy.gif

EDIT TIME: Ya know what? I have a second team I'd like to post, too. happy.gif

Did I mention the tank is a tank?

Dracowymsy(Battlesuit)

Ferrothorn

Darmanitan(Daruma)

Azumarill

Zergoose

Mega Aerodactyl

Wymsysuit is part of an underrated classification known as mobile tank: A moderately fast Pokemon that can take punishment and give it right back. Wymsy's got a fantastic type combination that lets it resist a boatload, which lets it Agili-Dance up and sweep. One Agility on a Jolly Wymsy lets it outrun any threat save the fastest Dugtrios. Naturally, Ground and Fighting types are common, which hampers her effectiveness, but she's still a great lead to head off some other dangerous threats. Leftovers are great for her.

Ferrothorn. Typical tank. I personally used both defensive moves, but no other support move, but it can be a tough call with the guy. He suffers from four-moveslot syndrome....Swords Dance and Rest are both great, but they sharply limit his coverage, as Grass and Steel both have wide-spanning coverage ranges that make him as effective a tank as he is. In the end, which moves you pick are up to you-it's hard to go wrong with a Ferrothorn.

Daruma and Azumarill are here to complement Ferrothorn. Both of them resist Ferro's weaknesses, Fire and Fighting, and Azumarill has the added bonus of resisting Dark, Ice, and Bug, three types that do neutral to Ferro and two that can hurt Daruma. Daruma also suffers from four-moveslot syndrome-while Rest and Nasty Plot would be nice, they limit his fire/psychic prowess (and that is a great offensive type combo). In the end, I kept both moves, since its SA is already beastly to begin with, and its defenses are more than adequate. Azumarill is less in that syndrome than others; she doesn't really need Rest all that much with her mountain of HP and numerous resistances, letting you Fairy and Water things to death.

Zergoose is also a matter of preference. If you prefer versatility and playing a slightly risky waiting game, go with Normal. If you need a punisher and a quick kill, go with Feral. I interchange them, but there's a strategy for both. With Normal, Swords Dance and either a Fire or Psychic gem is ideal to cover a wide variety of options and make him a threat nearly everywhere. Feral Zergoose benefits either from a Band, making its attack insane at the cost of versatility, or Swords Dance and Haze, giving you a dedicated Hazer and letting you set up against resisted foes, while still packing an unboosted punch. Any option is a good option, pick the one that suits you best.

I hesitated putting Megadactyl on the team, given his multitude of crippling weaknesses, water especially, and being a flyer that doesn't resist fighting, but it complements the team well. Bands can work, but I like Swords Dance/Haze for this guy. The reason it makes the squad is because it has Flying, which covers Fighting as a backup quite well, and Rock, which is a great all-purpose type that's only weak against steel, ground, and the aforementioned Fighting. The tanks cover it well, with Ferrothorn taking Electric, Rock, and Water, Daruma handling Steel and Ice, and Azumarill tackling everything Megadactyl can't. Megadactyl in turn provides a good offensive synergy with the rest of the team, especially Zergoose.

Problems:

Fighters: Fighting types seem to be really good against a lot of the GPX metagame, don't they? Without either a Zergoose covering or one of the tanks on duty, Fighters can sweep Ferrothorn and co. Lucario in particular is devastating, as only Daruma is a safe option then.

Ground types: Tough ground types ruin Wymsy and Daruma's day, can often take a shot from Megadactyl, and if Ferrothorn isn't around, can be a real hassle to deal with. Quagsire, Swampert, and Whiscash in particular can be extremely annoying, as they have great defenses, beat Megadactyl, aren't weak to Azumarill, and often carry Swords Dance.

Gyarados: Gyarados in either form can be a serious nuisance. Regular Gyarados beats down Azumarill and Ferrothorn when boosted, and Agilitied ones strike fear into Megadactyl. Mega Gyarados is less of a problem for Azumarill and Ferrothorn, but now Wymsy is at risk, and it is a 100% counter to Daruma. Be careful around the fish.

Alakazam: Fighting Gem Alakazam oneshots Zergoose, puts Ferrothorn and Wymsy in serious danger, and still has the firepower to trump Azumarill. Safest to play Daruma if you're not sure of yourself.

This post has been edited by Doom Hunter: Sep 25 2015, 12:07 PM

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Sep 26 2015, 04:14 PM
Post #130

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

I'm sorry but I REALLY don't understand...... exactly how do you get a Pokemon to learn a STRONG(90) attack. I'm getting beat left and right cause all I got is "weak" attacks despite being level 100. I tried changing but all I see are Defensive attacks and absolutely zero offensive attacks on my list for anybody.

Only Pokemon I adopted seem to have 90 damage moves selected

--------------------
+Quote Post

Raboot
post Sep 26 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #131

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

QUOTE(shadowlarvitar @ Sep 26 2015, 02:14 PM) *
I'm sorry but I REALLY don't understand...... exactly how do you get a Pokemon to learn a STRONG(90) attack. I'm getting beat left and right cause all I got is "weak" attacks despite being level 100. I tried changing but all I see are Defensive attacks and absolutely zero offensive attacks on my list for anybody.

Pokémon on GPX+ don't learn "strong" attacks. (You can learn weak moves with Gems.) Each Pokémon comes with a list of moves, which is what appears when you click Attacks and Hold Items on the drop-down menu. Most of them relate to stats, but the first four moves are attacks (two depend on the ATK stat, and two depend on the SATK stat), depending on the Pokémon's type(s). The reason your Pokémon only have weak moves is most likely because they're dual types. Unless a Pokémon is purely one type only, it won't have strong moves.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Sep 26 2015, 04:38 PM
Post #132

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

QUOTE(Baymax @ Sep 26 2015, 05:32 PM) *
QUOTE(shadowlarvitar @ Sep 26 2015, 02:14 PM) *

Pokémon on GPX+ don't learn "strong" attacks. (You can learn weak moves with Gems.) Each Pokémon comes with a list of moves, which is what appears when you click Attacks and Hold Items on the drop-down menu. Most of them relate to stats, but the first four moves are attacks (two depend on the ATK stat, and two depend on the SATK stat), depending on the Pokémon's type(s). The reason your Pokémon only have weak moves is most likely because they're dual types. Unless a Pokémon is purely one type only, it won't have strong moves.

That isn't nice...... battling here is so complicated.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 27 2015, 01:39 PM
Post #133

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

v. Pokémon Moves [PM]

In GPX+, Pokémon have either strong or weak moves. Single-Type Pokémon have both strong and weak moves of their type. Dual-Type Pokémon have weak moves of both typings. Once again it is up to you to decide on what you want most.

QUOTE(Help Page)
Pokémon with only one type have access to all four attacks for their one type - both special and both physical, and both strong and both weak. Pokémon with two types, on the other hand, have access to all four weak attacks from their two types. This way, Pokémon with one type specialize in that one type, where as Pokémon with two types have a greater selection of attacks available to them, so that they have a higher chance of dealing super-effective attacks.

Link here

==============

Battling here isn't complicated if you read things. That's what the guide is for - it states in both places how Pokémon learn attacks. It's perfectly fair. You have the advantage of having two types, but only weak attacks, OR you have a single type and have the advantage of strong attacks.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

YunikoYokai
post Oct 15 2015, 01:34 PM
Post #134

Cute, Cuddly and filled with Cookies
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 212

My Favourites

Hi there, I'm going to need some advice.

I'm almost finished putting my team together (well, temporary team) to try and get the XP. share prize. But I have a few issues that I would love some advice on. I am terrible at the battle tower and I cringe every time I have to deal with it. It isn't something I look forward to. I utterly despise it sad.gif

Firstly, my team (including temporaries as well as what I will be replacing them with) :

1) Azumarill (To be replaced with Mega Audino when I get the mega stone)
- Held Item: Leftovers

2) Sawk
- Held Item: Choice Band
Notes: I haven't touched his moveset, I'm not exactly sure how best to play this guy.

3) Dugtrio
- Held Item: Choice Band
Notes: I haven't touched his moveset, I know he is a 'Revenge Killer'...whatever that means.

4) Galvantula (To be replaced by either better nature or Mega Magnetic when I get the stone)
- Held Item: Ground Gem
Notes: Just got him. IVs are great, but nature is not so great. Despite this nature problem, his special attack is his third best stat, after HP and Speed.

5) Ferrothorn (May be replaced with better IVs)
- Held Item: Leftovers
Notes: My main tank. Defence IVs not good at all, but still his second highest stat after S.DEF. My main NPC mauler in the old days of Cypress and ??? (Thanks to Sam for the tips for beating them, btw!)

6) Primal Diagla (To be replaced with by Haxorus)
- Held Item: Psychic Gem
Notes: Very temporary member until I get a good dragon type. It's ok but relatively frail. Despite the low attack IV, it is still higher than Special attack, which brings me onto my first question.

Question 1: Stats vs IVs vs Natures

- I am aware that IVs are important, as are Natures, which is making me concerned about my Galvantula and Ferrothorn. While my Galvantula has 27 IVs in S.ATK and a total of 250 points (Compared to 26 IVs and 227 points for ATK) does his Careful nature hinder him to the point I should replace him ASAP? He is the third highest IV I have ever obtained and second in my team (only a pinsir beats both of them) so I'm not sure if his nature is going to cause me massive issues further down the line.

Secondly, with the Ferrothorn, he has really, really low IVs in DEF, despite it being one of their highest stats in terms of pure points. I know more IVs mean more points into their stat, but does this mean I should be actively hunting down a new Ferrothorn or does its typing and pure stat points save it?

Question 2: Pokemon 'Jobs'
- I am aware that Dugtrio is a good Revenge Killer, by which I assume you pull it out near the end of a fight after a pokemon has fainted due to it being a bit of a glass cannon. But I have no idea what to make the others. Ferrothorn is definitely a tank, and Azumarill is my off-tank/dragon slayer. Sawk? A general hitter? I'm not sure what to do with him. Galvantula...absorbing bug and electric hits while firing out the odd quick mud shot? Dialga was to absorb several types but he's a bit fragile not terrible but he needs some help, hint replacing him with something else. Any help on this front would be helpful!

Question 3: General Tactics
- Probably where I need the most help. I don't know what items are best for who, I don't know when best to swap to who (eg, if I get a scizor or a Weavile, who do I go to?) How best do I play my team to ensure easy wins so I can get the prize I want? I don't mind trying to get over 100 streaks, I just want that XP Share All upgrade. And what do I do when I come across a mega? I've been nearly obliterated by them in the past and my only Mega Stones as of just now is the Latiasite and the Beedrillite.

So far, I do alright, although I don't know how far I can get with this team since I've had to forfeit due to a bug at Streak 22, but it seems little mistakes or bad luck push me straight to the edge with me barely able to bounce back. I just need some advice on how best to deal with my team and what to be aware of. I probably have huge holes in my team that I'm not covering very well...

Question 3: Vitamins
- Really quick one here. I assume I use these on stats depending on what they are used for, for example, Ferrothorn should have HP and S.DEF (?) ones. Although I don't know if it is worth pumping him full of defence vitimins in order to counteract his poor defence IV or put it into health and S.DEF. I assume Dugtrio and Sawk are attack stats? I dunno, I'm not 100% sure of how best to utilise the team here and make them grow...

Thanks again, sorry for the massive post! I plan to try the NPC gym leaders at some point too but they are a completely different kettle of fish XD deal with the Subway first, me thinks...

--------------------

Bug Bonanza (click to show)

Fire Frenzy (click to show)

Other Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Oct 15 2015, 02:45 PM
Post #135

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(YunikoYokai @ Oct 15 2015, 08:34 PM) *
Question 1: Stats vs IVs vs Natures

Question 2: Pokemon 'Jobs'

Question 3: General Tactics

Question 4: Vitamins

Q1: To answer the question about the Galvantula. It has a detrimental nature and 27 IVs in special attack. Based on the formula for how stats are calculated, this means that any Galvantula you can find with a neutral or beneficial nature for special attack will have a higher stat in special attack. Had yours had 28 IVs instead, then that would not be the case, because then one with a neutral nature would need at least 1 IV to get a higher stat. So yeah, a better nature means more for that particular stat As far as the rest of the picture goes, I don't know exactly what you want for the change to be worth it

Ferrothorn has a very high base stat in defence, so high in fact, that no amount of IVs can make the defence stat higher on one with a worse nature for that stat. The special defence on the other hand, is flawless, so you will probably have to sacrifice a little bit of that for a while to get one with better defence.

Granted, I don't think IVs and nature is all that important. My Hitmonlee is doing really well with a detrimental nature for its attack, which gives it less points in attack than it would have with a neutral or beneficial nature for attack, and it still really does pack a kick. I'd say typing and strategies are much more important than IVs and natures.

Q2: Regarding how you should use your Dugtrio, I would say try ti figure this out yourself. To be able to figure out in which situations to do what you really need to figure things out yourself. Don't be afraid to fail, just try different things. Heck, my team consists mostly of pokemon built to go run face into the opponent. The challenge is to figure out when to swap out and when not to switch in what pokemon. Dugtrio has a really high base stat in speed, then a considerable attack stat, but not much else. Consider it dead to anything with high attack stats when they get to attack. What you ideally want to do is finish them off before they even get to attack, hence why switching in Dugtrio against a Darmatinan is a no go, however if your pokemon was knocked out by a Darmanitan, then switching to Dugtrio becomes viable. If you want to put a choice band, a gem or something else on your Dugtrio, that's up to you, so try to experiment with what you can do with items. For example try considering different gems, and see what pokemon your Dugtrio should get an easier time defeating with the new move, and see if that works most of the time.

Q3: When you have to deciede how to counter a specific pokemon, you have to consider what pokemon you can switch into that would be better than using the active one, if it hasn't been defeated already. You have to consider what pokemon you have that are weak to or resistent to that pokemon, and you have to consider which of your pokemon are strong against or weak against it. On my team I don't really have any obvious counters to ground, which is sort of the biggest weakness of my team. The way I make up for it however, is to switch in Hitmonlee or (mega) Alakazam, who can do high damage despite not being strong against ground. And funnily enough, the way I usually deal with any fire pokemon is to send out Darmatinan. And again, consider which pokemon can take the hit when you switch

Q4: The 6 IVs you get from vitamins aren't going to make or break your pokemon. Consider them there just to make your pokemon just a tiny bit better at exactly what you want them to be,

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

YunikoYokai
post Oct 15 2015, 03:55 PM
Post #136

Cute, Cuddly and filled with Cookies
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 212

My Favourites

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Oct 15 2015, 08:45 PM) *
Q1:

Q2:

Q3:

Q4:

Basically trial and error...yay? I can just see myself getting to 74 and losing XD Thanks for the info. I'll experiment and see what happens. Hopefully I can find a good Hax soon. Assuming the damn thing doesn't bug out on me again!

--------------------

Bug Bonanza (click to show)

Fire Frenzy (click to show)

Other Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 16 2016, 09:46 AM
Post #137

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

Hey guys!

Just a quick thing, if any of you recommend a particular Pokemon and a moveset that would help I'd be appreciative. I'm thinking of compiling a list of some good Pokémon people can use as something to start off with.

A mixture of normal Pokémon as-well as some Mega Pokémon would be ideal so I can compile a list. Any contributions would be helpful as I've seen some people struggle with choosing Pokémon for a team happy.gif

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Luigi Mario
post Feb 26 2016, 04:24 PM
Post #138

I can pick up girls with a van
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 417

Wheee

Just because I can (and mostly it doesn't seem to be talked about in depth) here's a short overview on natures and IVs for the subway. Do keep in mind this is a bit opinion based, but I am open to criticism.

And just to get it out of the way, here's the formula to calculate max HP:

Base HP * 2 + 110 + IV = max HP

Natures

There are 25 different natures a pokemon can have. They give a multiplier of 1.1 for the positive stat and .9 for the negative stat. Some are great, some are good, some are awful. I'll break them down further and go over them here.

Offensive Natures

Six natures can be considered offensive: Adamant, Modest, Jolly, Timid, Brave, Quiet. Adamant/Modest are useful for directly boosting a pokemon's main attacking stat, at the cost of the other. Adamant boosts attack, Modest boosts special attack. They're the general use offensive natures, good for pokemon of any speed or just adding more damage on top. Jolly/Timid boost speed at the cost of an attacking stat. Jolly decreases special attack, Timid decreases attack. For pokemon that need some more speed to outspeed others without using a choice scarf, Jolly/Timid can be pretty useful. Finally, there's Brave/Quiet, which have a more niche use for tankier attackers, due to reducing speed to increase an attacking stat. Brave boosts attack, Quiet boosts special attack. For pokemon that have good defensive stats and a poor speed alongside a decent/good attacking stat, Brave/Quiet can be used, but otherwise isn't as useful as the four natures noted before.

Defensive Natures

On the flip side are six natures for defense: Bold, Calm, Impish, Careful, Relaxed, and Sassy. Unlike the offensive stats, they aren't as split into use, but should probably be only used on tanks. Bold/Calm boost defense at the cost of an attacking stat, Impish/Careful boost special defense. Bold and Impish reduce attack, Calm and Careful reduce special attack. The four natures are great for either increasing a good defensive stat even more, or buffing up a weaker defensive stat. Relaxed/Sassy work similar to Brave/Quiet, reducing speed to increase a defensive stat. Relaxed boosts defense, Sassy boosts special defense. They're best used on tanks with low speed, but otherwise they have the same uses as the other four.

Mixed Natures

The six mixed natures are the natures that reduce a defense to boost an attack or speed. Unlike the games, they are much less useful on GPX due to mixed sets being rather useless with the much simpler battle system and reducing a defense that you always need over the other attack/speed that you don't need is obviously pointless. The only time they should be really used is for pokemon randomly grabbed from the shelter that have good enough IVs to make up for it. Lonely boosts attack at the cost of defense, Naughty boosts attack at the cost of special defense, Mild boosts special attack at the cost of defense, Rash boosts special attack at the cost of special defense, Hasty boosts speed at the cost of defense, and Naive boosts speed at the cost of special defense.

Useless Natures

The remaining seven natures are useless. They either boost nothing or reduce a defense for the other. Hardy
Docile, Serious, Bashful, and Quirky all boost nothing, while Lax boosts defense at the cost of special defense and Gentle boosts special defense for defense.

IVs

Though it seems like a higher IV total is better, this is not always the case. A pokemon with a total of 125 IVs can still do as well or even outperform a pokemon with 147 IVs. A big explanation for this is the fact due to mixed sets being much weaker than a monoset, which makes a stat and its IV completely useless for a pokemon. Some pokemon may also not need speed, rendering the speed IV useless. Useless IVs lead to specialization being much more important. A 150 IV pokemon with all its IVs being 20+ is decent, but a 124 IV pokemon with high IVs in its attack of choice and speed, and goodish defenses can be much more useful. But at the end of the day, generally the more important stats and its nature make or break a pokemon when compared to another of its species for a team, so it's really up to the user to decide whether the IVs are good enough for them.

This post has been edited by Luigi Mario: Feb 26 2016, 04:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 12 2016, 11:20 PM
Post #139

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

Hey guys!

Just a quick update; I've corrected some information that I presumed to be correct and wasn't. You do not win a Hold Item every 75 wins, you just receive on at 75 wins instead of a Battle Expansion or the EXP. All.

However you still receive a Choice Item every 50 wins from 42 wins. So 42, 92, 142, 192.. etc.

I have include a long list of when you win such items at a particular streak number too so I hope this helps!

-Sam

This post has been edited by x Sam: Dec 12 2016, 11:21 PM

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Jul 9 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #140

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

I've been doing really well with this team, so I thought I'd share. happy.gif

Zergoose has a Poison Gem. I open with him and also often use him to finish off troublesome Pokemon that the rest of my team has softened up. The gem is there to handle grass and bug types in case Charizard and Ninetales are too worn out. Despite his bad defenses, his type combination means I can safely switch in to dark, psychic, and ghost, and his speed makes him a good, all-purpose revenge killer.

Charizard has a Water Gem, so I can use him to safely handle fire types and physically defensive rock and ground types. His non-attacking moves are Haze and Recover. I see little need for Twister when Ninetales and Aggron handle dragons so much better. I'm currently raising a replacement with better IVs.

Arceus has a Psychic Gem, primarily for fighting types, but it's also very nice for handling anticipated switch-ins. His non-attacking move is Recover.

Dugtrio has a Fighting Gem. It's mostly just useful for the odd Tyranitar, so I may end up giving him something else. Otherwise his job is pretty straightforward. His non-attacking move is Haze.

Ninetales currently has no item, because I prefer to use her other two moveslots for Haze and Recover. I'd like to give her Leftovers when I get another one. Her main job is handling dragons and fighting types, but she can also take care of grass if Charizard's HP is too low for a safe switch-in.

Aggron has Leftovers. Between her amazing defense and Recover, she's a pretty standard physical tank, and she's also very good for handling physical dragons if Ninetales is getting tired. She also has Swords Dance in order to go for a sweep after major threats have been taken care of.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:07 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.