Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
MySims
Liquefy
post Sep 19 2007, 04:14 PM
Post #1

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 169

Active Squad

Being a huge fan of the Sim series, I'm excited about being able to purchase this game with my Wii tomorrow (assuming I have the money for it; I haven't checked my bank account in a while >_>). This game is pretty much everything about the Sims that I like with more improvements. I love the graphical style and the taking away of the need feature? I love it. I understand that the Sims is a life sim, but really, The Sims 2 stressed me out so much because I was too busy doing things and tending to the needs of my Sims instead of doing what I actually wanted to so a little break from the "ZOMG I GOTTA PEE! ZOOBLOO!" will be nice.

I also love that you essentially build the town up, and you build your own furniture and everything. It seems like it'll make matching house themes much easier.

So, what do you guys think? Think it'll flop or be fantastic? Anyone actually played it in the whole day it's been out?

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sponge
post Sep 19 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 230

Active Squad

I'm getting it too! It's coming out in europe on Friday and I'm getting it on Saturday.

Can't wait! One of the best things about it is everyones Town will be unique :thumbsup:

Have you played animal crossing? It's similar to My sims in some ways.
+Quote Post

Guest_Hokkai No Oni_*
post Sep 19 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #3

Guests

If it's anything like the other Sims games I'm going to get bored with it in less than a minute. I'm going to try the DS version tonight to see if it's any good, but I doubt it.
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Sep 19 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #4

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

I've never really liked Sims games, although I've also never tried any of them. I'm more interested in Animal Crossing Wii, the GCN one was kinda amusing for a while.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Sep 21 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #5

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

Meh, I don't know what else they can do with Animal Crossing, really. They've pretty much done it all with Wild World. I suppose we'll see, though.

BAH! I wasn't able to get MySims with my Wii cause stupid Walmart didn't have it. It sucks that Walmart was the only place that had a Wii, cause I know for a fact that Besbuy and EB Games have MySims. Now I gotta wait till Christmas, cause my birthday money is going towards Radiant Dawn!

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 21 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #6

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

My Favorites

I don't have a Wii but there's a version of this on DS? I'll try it on that then.

EDIT: Okay, I've played a minute of it and I have to say it's very much an Animal Crossing with humans. Hell, when I got off the boat at my town there was a Sim there in a dog costume. The item slots in your luggage also look the exact same as AC. I don't think this is going to be what you want it to be though, considering you said it's like The Sims 2 without the needs. This is more like the other handheld Sims games where you only control one person. Unless, the Wii one is different, and only the DS one is gay like that. x[

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Sponge
post Sep 21 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Hokkai No Oni and Bidoofsaresassy....My Sims is Nothing like the pc sim games, If I didn't know any better and the charecters didn't speak in sim language I wouldn't think it was a sims game at all.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 21 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #8

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Sponge @ Sep 21 2007, 01:05 PM) *
Hokkai No Oni and Bidoofsaresassy....My Sims is Nothing like the pc sim games, If I didn't know any better and the charecters didn't speak in sim language I wouldn't think it was a sims game at all.

Yeah, like I said, it's animal crossing with real people and a couple other things more you can do. Seems kinda weird, I might try it more later when I have nothing else to do but I would really like a Sims game like the PC ones for DS, if they don't have one already. This is just kinda stupid.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Sep 22 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #9

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Sep 21 2007, 10:03 AM) *
EDIT: Okay, I've played a minute of it and I have to say it's very much an Animal Crossing with humans. Hell, when I got off the boat at my town there was a Sim there in a dog costume. The item slots in your luggage also look the exact same as AC. I don't think this is going to be what you want it to be though, considering you said it's like The Sims 2 without the needs. This is more like the other handheld Sims games where you only control one person. Unless, the Wii one is different, and only the DS one is gay like that. x[

The hand held Sim games are crap. I would never in my life base an opinion on them, but it was the only resource to the game that you had, so it's understandable. Anyway, I'm, as I said, a huge fan of The Sims, so even if it's bad, I'll still probably get it just to form my own opinion.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Sep 22 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 299

Active Squad

I haven't heard much about MySims, but I really want to play it once I can afford a Wii. It looks like an über-cuter Animal Crossing with little chibi fellows instead of little chibi animals. And I loved Animal Crossing, so it seems to be a done deal.

Though the fellows look alot like Miis...do you import your Miis into the game for MySims?

--------------------
I have claimed Kanghaskhan.
+Quote Post

Guest_Hokkai No Oni_*
post Sep 22 2007, 05:18 AM
Post #11

Guests

Now that I've had a chance to play it, I agree it's nothing like the Sims. And actually, it was never meant to be from what I've read online.

However, I think I prefer Animal Crossing Wild World.
+Quote Post

Sponge
post Sep 23 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I got the game and it's great. It has the same base as animal crossing but apart from that they are nothing alike.

The official Nintendo magazine Uk wrote this in their review

It's better than Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon in almost every way, while also being a completly different kind of game. A little Confused? Play it and Love it. It's as simple as that

and I kinda agree with them....but I still love animal crossing! smile.gif
+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Sep 23 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #13

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

I don't think any game will ever take Harvest Moon's place in my heart, so I'll never accept that, for the record XD

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Virtual Chatot
post Sep 23 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #14

Theme by Hazuki @ Pokecommunity
Group Icon

Member No.: 302

Active Squad

I might buy it, I just need to read a bit more game reviews...

From what I've heard, it sounds like a good idea...

--------------------

For some reason, my image hosting killed o_o;
+Quote Post

Guest_Hokkai No Oni_*
post Sep 24 2007, 03:29 AM
Post #15

Guests

QUOTE(Liquefy @ Sep 23 2007, 05:18 PM) *
I don't think any game will ever take Harvest Moon's place in my heart, so I'll never accept that, for the record XD

Hear hear.
+Quote Post

Sponge
post Sep 24 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Oblivion @ Sep 23 2007, 11:19 PM) *
I might buy it, I just need to read a bit more game reviews...

From what I've heard, it sounds like a good idea...

Well most of the games magazines I've read are in love with the game rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post

lucario
post Dec 2 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 575

Active Squad

ive played the sims Before i got pretty bored..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:43 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.