Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shining Force
Swordsalmon
post Feb 27 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 299

Active Squad

Well, who here has played this SRPG? Shining Force was my first and one of my favourites. Very unique in it's setting and ideas, like the Armed Skeleton with it's minigun and two swords... XD

--------------------
I have claimed Kanghaskhan.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Ninja Monkey
post Mar 4 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 1 136

Active Squad

Which one did you play? The remake on the GBA wasn't very good imo, but Shining Force 1, 2, 3, and CD were all excellent. Zylo is pure awesomeness. Bleu is too. And Domingo.
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Mar 4 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'm playing only the original. And yes, Zylo and Domingo are awesome. Every magic-user sans Alef are absolutly amazing.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ninja Monkey
post Mar 4 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Alef has a lot of potential, but the developers decided to screw her by putting her so late in the game. dry.gif Torasu is a pretty good late game healer too, except he has Alef's problem...
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Mar 5 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #5

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Shining Force was also my first SRPG. I had the original on a CD with some other games and I played it a lot. I was talking to my friend one day in school about it and he told me about Fire Emblem coming out that is almost like it so Shining Force got me into Fire Emblem. happy.gif

I of course bought the GBA remake and while some things were worse, some other things were good. New characters for one. I really really liked uhm.. wow, I forget his name now. That assassin bug thing that follows Narsha. He was awesome as hell once you get him hurt enough so that all of his attacks are basically OHKO.

I've never played any sequels.. really want to sometime though.

Also, I agree @ Zylo pwnt as well.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Mar 5 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

^^Joining time is pretty much the only reason Tao and Anri outclass Alef. That and their super-secret swimsuit sprites. shift.gif I'd argue that Tao is the most useful character in the game. Though Torasu gets Aura level 4, so he's one of the best late-game characters. I much prefer Gong, though. ^_^.gif

I think that assassin guy is Zukia. Hanzou and Higgins will always be my preference for assassins, though.

What was with the sprites in the GBA remake? The battle animations look like hideous claymation.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ninja Monkey
post Mar 5 2008, 11:04 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

The only thing I liked about the GBA remakes is that they took Hanzou and Musashi and gave them more play time, while still having them rape the hell out of everything the entire time. Too bad they nerfed Bleu though. sad.gif

As far as magic users go, I always use Domingo. He gets the best defense and hp out of all the characters, and he gets freeze. I like him much more than the other magic users.

Slade from SF2 was also a cool ninja, but he dies in like 2 hits. dry.gif
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Mar 5 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'd expect that to great unbalance the game. Musashi and Hanzou are already among the best characters, so getting them earlier would make it even easier. But how could they ruin Bleu!? sad.gif

Ha, I just use the two mages and Domingo. XD And since the AI prioritises attacking him, that makes Domingo all the better as a guard.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ninja Monkey
post Mar 7 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Swordsalmon @ Mar 6 2008, 12:13 AM) *
I'd expect that to great unbalance the game. Musashi and Hanzou are already among the best characters, so getting them earlier would make it even easier.

Yes it's very unbalancing, but it's a GBA remake. Almost every GBA remake has been easier than the original. Zuika and Narsha also make the game easier, since Narsha has the best support spells (attack, step, and aura are insane)

But how could they ruin Bleu!? sad.gif

They made him really really slow. Barely faster than Guntz and he was already kind of hard to train in the original game. I like his attack animations a little better in the remake, but it still doesn't make up for the suck.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:02 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.