Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
There's this really cool new game...
Who is the better Hero?
Raven or Harken?
Raven [ 11 ]  [73.33%]
Harken [ 4 ]  [26.67%]
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 

Liquefy
post Aug 8 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #21

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 169

Active Squad

In terms of stats, Raven, but in terms of general usefulness, Harken. It's the same with Guy and Karel, but I hate Karel so I never use him and I'd probably vote Guy. I'm biased like that.

Anyway, Harken comes with a B in axes and a B in swords IIRC, and you have to train Raven in both if you want him to use them efficiently. He's also got some pretty low con, so axes can be a problem to use with Raven. Harken is also prepromoted, so he has much less of a chance to be screwed (A recurring theme in many of my Ravens). I'd say the argument in almost any prepromo discussion would be that the prepromo is more useful and sturdy if you're asking me. There are exceptions, like Isadora and almost any of the prepromotes from Fuuin or Seima, but the screwability factor is more important in the long run rather than great stats later on that the unit might not even get IMO.

On most games I'll use Guy and Harken in a team or Guy and Raven and just drop the other one. Harken and Karel have almost no uses anyway. I'll most likely drop them by the end of the game tongue.gif

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

MCRrock3r
post Aug 8 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #22

I play for blood.
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 29

Active Squad

Gerik

I voted Harken for overall usefullness

--------------------

|I claim Blaziken|
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Aug 8 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #23

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

NO LINUS PWNZ J00 ALL

I don't use FE7's heroes, to be honest. Swordmasters in that game are better, and I OU the mages.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Ando Masahashi
post Aug 8 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #24

World's Best Battery Charger
Group Icon

Member No.: 62

Smogon NU Team

I think Raven's the better Hero. That's because I've never used Harken.
+Quote Post

Gridlock
post Aug 8 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #25

Improbability
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

Active Squad

Raven s more useful than Harken, mostly due to the early joining time. Harken joins way later and, is therefore, less useful.

I you can't tell, I voted Raven.

Oh, Magical Cookie, Guy is better than Karel in every aspect of a unit. >_>;

--------------------
GRIDLOCK kthx
+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Aug 8 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #26

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

...which is exactly what I said -_-

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Bosco
post Aug 8 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #27

BROsco
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Current FireRed Squad

I prefer Harken over the two.
+Quote Post

Emerald Wyvern
post Aug 8 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #28

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 43

Active Squad

QUOTE(Bosco @ Aug 8 2007, 07:21 PM) *
I prefer Harken over the two.

And I'm the opposite. I'd take Raven over Harken. But Karel over Guy too.

--------------------
"For what profit is it to a man, if he gains the world, and loses his own soul?"

Click the Eggs/Pokémon to make them hatch and grow respectively.
+Quote Post

Shuamdom
post Aug 8 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 166

Active Squad

Surprisingly enough, i've actually never played fire emblem.
But if they end up making one for Wii or DS, i will be sure to get it.

--------------------
Credit to Mega Trickster for the Purugly Image, and me for the Banners.

It's True
+Quote Post

Emerald Wyvern
post Aug 9 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #30

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 43

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shuamdom @ Aug 8 2007, 11:37 PM) *
Surprisingly enough, i've actually never played fire emblem.
But if they end up making one for Wii or DS, i will be sure to get it.

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn (the tenth one) is already in Japan for the Wii. So, yeah, buy it when it arrives wherever you live. Or else. *pulls out kinfe*

--------------------
"For what profit is it to a man, if he gains the world, and loses his own soul?"

Click the Eggs/Pokémon to make them hatch and grow respectively.
+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Aug 9 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #31

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

If you've got a Gamecube, it may be wiser to play Path of Radiance first. It takes place two or three years before Goddess of Dawn, so you'll basically need to play it before Dawn to understand some of what's going on. You can get it pretty cheap since it's a Player's Choice game, so you should look into it. It's my favorite in the series, and it even has cat people cat.gif

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Aug 9 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #32

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

Girl w/ cat ears ftw

Raven comes earlier, but he could get RNG raep't. But still, Raven > Harken.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Carbink
post Aug 12 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #33

Carbink
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Active Squad

RAVEEEEN

You know what's funner? A discussion about the WORST characters. Who is worst, Karel, Karla, Renault, or Wallace? oh.gif

--------------------

Thanks Diagon cat.gif

+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Aug 12 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #34

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

Karla and Nino are, hands down, the worst in the game. They'd probably be alright if they both came MUCH sooner and Karla didn't require the use of, you know, Bartre. I seriously don't feel like lugging a friggen fighter around for the entire game and wasting a Hero's Crest on a unit I won't even use.

Wallace, Karel, and Renault all have something useful about them that makes them infinitely better than both Karla and Nino.

Karel has stats rivaling Harken and is a decent replacement for a swordmaster (I.E. Guy) if you don't have one.

Wallace makes a decent wall, assuming you didn't use Oswin (Although I don't know why you wouldn't. I consider him an in game god), and even if you did he's still good for a front line fighter. His speed is friggen terrible, but I can ignore that with his stellar defense and strength.

Renault is basically one of the best priests in the series. If his magic was only higher and he came a little sooner, I'd consider him a close rival for Oswin in terms of best in game. Most of his stats are exceptional for a priest, including defense and con, two stats a priest needs more than anything else with their incredibly heavy magic and tendency to be targeted by pretty much anything with a weapon. Being that his con is so high, he can use the heavier, more powerful magic tomes without as much penalty as well, so that somewhat makes up for his lack of offensive power. He's also a pretty good replacement for a healer, should you be short on one, for the final chapter, or he just makes a good filler unit if you have a free space.

As for worst...

Karla is exceptionally terrible because all of her stats are terrible for her level and class. Her speed is OK, I guess, but aside from that she's not only one of the worst in the series, but worst in her class. She also requires the use of Bartre who, in his defense, is a pretty solid unit if you can get passed his bad speed base, but he has one of the worst classes in the game.

Nino is just flat out useless. She comes that late in the game at that low of a level? Ridiculous. People claim she's a goddess, but her stats average not even that much higher than Erk and Pent, making her intense training methods even more wasteful. It's also highly unlikely that she'll even reach 20/20 by the final chapter, which is something that I like to keep tabs on since...I dunno, I just like my units to be at their highest potential. I'd much rather spend the chapters necessary to solo with her by training my other units who need to be prepped for the final chapter.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Aug 13 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #35

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

Karel and Wallace are the worst by the simple virtue that they suck, and then to get them that would require you to not get the gods known as Harken and Geitz. Nino can at least help your Exp rank late-game when she decides to show up. >__>

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Bosco
post Aug 13 2007, 08:42 AM
Post #36

BROsco
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Current FireRed Squad

QUOTE(BidoofsAreSexy @ Aug 13 2007, 01:27 AM) *
Karel and Wallace are the worst by the simple virtue that they suck, and then to get them that would require you to not get the gods known as Harken and Geitz. Nino can at least help your Exp rank late-game when she decides to show up. >__>

Well Karel comes with a good weapon. XD I think Nino is worse than both Karel and Wallace. >_>
+Quote Post

Carbink
post Aug 14 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #37

Carbink
Group Icon

Active Squad

Nino helps you exp rank and can get really good if you baby her. That doesn't make her a good unit, but certainly better than Karla. :/

--------------------

Thanks Diagon cat.gif

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Aug 14 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #38

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

QUOTE(Bosco @ Aug 13 2007, 09:42 AM) *
QUOTE(BidoofsAreSexy @ Aug 13 2007, 01:27 AM) *

Well Karel comes with a good weapon. XD I think Nino is worse than both Karel and Wallace. >_>

Yes but Harken comes with an even better one. <<

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Aug 14 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #39

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Active Squad

When it comes to Karel and Harken, it's really preference. Would you rather have insanely high crit, or more attacks? Personally, I think Hero weapons are a waste. Often they steal experience I wanted to give to another unit, but the enemy needed to be weakened first. I dislike the Wo Dao as well, just cause Karel and Karla come with them >_>

I seriously don't play for ratings because they don't add any benefits after the game. They do nothing. Their just a notch on your bedpost of 1337ness, and I don't think anybody cares enough to call it a notch. Nino is 100% useless and should be avoided just because she's a waste of time. Karla at least comes with a weapon that could prove useful to the other swordmasters or Lyn, the uber lord. Karla has...pretty much just as much use as Nino...none, so, you know, I'd consider it equal >_>

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Carbink
post Aug 16 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #40

Carbink
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(The Magical Talking Cookie @ Aug 14 2007, 07:18 PM) *
I seriously don't play for ratings because they don't add any benefits after the game. They do nothing. Their just a notch on your bedpost of 1337ness, and I don't think anybody cares enough to call it a notch. Nino is 100% useless and should be avoided just because she's a waste of time. Karla at least comes with a weapon that could prove useful to the other swordmasters or Lyn, the uber lord. Karla has...pretty much just as much use as Nino...none, so, you know, I'd consider it equal >_>

You mean Lyn the 'I can't hurt a fly' lord? noes.gif

The rankings are used for debates and stuffs. Ask SaSsy or someone on FEFF. :/

I just realized how horrible Vadia is. Like, worse than Nino at least. Well, worse than how you weirdos see her. You know, despite the fact that her stats are amazing and he boosts your exp rank like crazy. smile.gif

I think Karla is the worst. Underleveled, bad stats (I think, from what I've heard), too late in the game to do much, you need to use Bartre (who's horrible for everyone but me. noes.gif ), and you have 2 or 3 better AND higher leveled swordmasters when you get her. :/

--------------------

Thanks Diagon cat.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:33 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.