Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Life on other planets., Do you think "Yes" or "No"?
Annakyoyama358
post Jun 29 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #41

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

You have to be an eipc failure at math if you think there's a chance that earth is the ONLY planet in a gazillon galaxies that can sustain life and had the random atoms collide to make it.

The odds of earth being the only one out of all the planets is IMPOSSIBLE.
Is it life like ours? Prolly not. More likely there's a shitload of ameobas on a couple planets.
But still. Definately life

QUOTE(TristaK @ Mar 30 2009, 08:01 PM) *
Also, geometry for the mounds found by explorers and created by what we would call 'primitive' Indians represent shapes from up in the sky. How in the WORLD would they be able to co-ordinate them to look like the patterns? I mean, the possibility of you making a sacred mound that when put together with other mounds looking like a snake without being in the air or near a very tall cliff and able to pass word along is... well, remarkable. And if I can ever see the program that talked about it or read a book about it, someone send me the name of it.

I think you mean the Nazca Lines. Impressive but most assuredly human. They're made the same way hoax crop circles are made: With mathematics and geometry papers. Saw a special on how to hoax crop circles with successful hoaxers.

This post has been edited by Annakyoyama358: Jun 29 2009, 05:25 PM

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Jun 30 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #42

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

Definite yes to life on other planets.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Patrick I
post Jul 1 2009, 04:17 AM
Post #43

Smarter than the average trainer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 128

Claims-details in sig

Now let me think...

Yes, life exists on other planets. Also I believe in UFO's. - for that I have a reason; believe it or not here it is.

Me and my good friend went for a night swimming in the beach. When we got there, there was a blink of light and voila! there floated a great light source. First we thought - ah it's just a star...but...bigger and radiates stronger light..so it's a planet! But no, still too big for that. It just stayed at the same spot for about 20 minutes. <- as far as i know, no helicopter or plane can do that. We looked around and saw other people pointing at it too, exclaiming.
Suddenly the light source started to move, it gained speed and flew over the buildings. All the time we saw the thing, we had a weird feeling...and that feeling you don't get from watching a helicopter at night.

Believe it or not, that's how it happened.

--------------------

Help them please! happy.gif
And look at my first SHINY! WOOT! Too bad it's not a Charmander sad.gif

Claim list (click to show)

"It's not rap, it's not rap-rock or pop. It's Hollywood Undead bitches! They are something else." (A Wise person)
+Quote Post

legionsky
post Jul 1 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 070

Dream Team

There may be a possibility of life forms on other planets. The fact that Earth has a lot of mutation cases may cause evolution in other planets, therefore creating life. shakefist.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

EarthKwake
post Jul 1 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 148

Uprising Pokemon

Well, let's look at probability.

Lot's of people say that "alien life" is impossible, but out of the hundreds of planets we know about, there is one that contains life: Earth. Even if there's only one planet with life out of a billion, that's still a lot of alien life out there.

--------------------

Clicks appreciated. ^^

Adoptables (click to show)

I am... (click to show)

+Quote Post

Isfet
post Jul 2 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #46

Total Avatard
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 811

My dream team!

Yes. To think that in this infinitely huge universe, we are the only sentient beings is just stupid.
Also, some scientists think that tiny microscopic life landed on earth on a meteor several billion years ago, thus coming from space.

This post has been edited by Pokemonmaster345: Jul 2 2009, 07:37 PM

--------------------

Part of the Berry Smart group!

+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Jul 3 2009, 01:50 AM
Post #47

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

It would be just plain silly to think we're the only ones in this big enormous universe. Somewhere there HAS to be another liveable planet. And while they may not equate to "intelligent" lifeforms, they will still be living things.

Seriously, the universe is a big place, there's bound to be life elsewhere.

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Great Goddess Ga...
post Jul 9 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 655

My dream team

I do believe that there is life on other planets but not in this galaxy.

--------------------
My pokemon are always hungry! care to help? Thank you.
The gardivor in my sig is NOT recolored by me creadit to pikalover10 for making that. Plus credit to whoever made the avvie I'm using because it wasn't me. I used to be Nosidam now I am Great Goddess Gardevoir! Spread the word!
+Quote Post

omgEMILY
post Jul 10 2009, 01:21 AM
Post #49

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 149

Active Squad

ooh, space debate! <3

scientifically speaking, for carbon-based life to exist, there needs to be oxygen, water, stable temperature, stable elements, a place where energy comes from (we'll assume a star that acts as their sun), and an atmosphere that supports energy conversion. remember, this is carbon-based life - us.

now, lets think about how vast space is.

due to the big bang, it's forever expanding, galaxies being pushed apart and just... growing. due to the vast (and forever growing) size of the universe, that means there's room for a lot of galaxies to exist. So among billions and billions (and probably more) galaxies, and to think ours is the only one that has life on it? i highly, highly doubt that.

even if it isn't carbon-based (which i, myself, believe is plausible to happen/be discovered), there must be some sort of life that exists that has adapted to whatever conditions the planet they're on, has.

--------------------
Come on, put on your lederhosen
And try not to stamp on little Pikachu

(totally that one girl who did stuff.)

[ o m g E G G S ]
+Quote Post

Usagi Zakura
post Jul 10 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #50

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 763

Team Awesome

Due to the mere size of the universe yes I think there's life on other planets.
There may not be intelligent life, it may be COMPLETELY different from life on earth (for all we know what if they DON'T breathe Oxygen? After all this first appeared on earth as a useless "trash"-gas created by single-celled organisms who breathed CO2.)

I'm getting tired of the Science Fiction movies were all aliens are super-advanced and intelligent though. Who says they're smarter than us? If anything I prefer the setup as in Animorphs, where some aliens are super-advanced (Andalites, though even they are impressed with how fast humans evolve their technology) some are simple and rather stupid (Hork Bajir) and some just steal technology from others (Yeerks, who also have no physical body to speak of).

--------------------

Uxie uxie.gif Anitarig giratina.gif Daisuke infernape.gif Weasley floatzel.gif Sceptile sceptile.gif Rika raichu.gif

+Quote Post

Pikalover10
post Jul 10 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #51

Pikalover10 (Gone June 13-26)
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 894

PANE Party

Hell yeah there has to be other life out there. And here's why:

Say there are a billion stars in the galaxy (but there's a lot more then that) . That means there is over a billion different galaxies, because eac star is a different galaxy. Now think of it this way, the moon, sun, and other planets of our solar system is only one fourth of our galaxy, which means the other 3/4 are emptiness, and dwarf planets we fail to recognizeincluding the milky way and what not. You're trying to tell me then, that in a billion galaxies there is only one species capable of living on their own? Hell no! That would mean there is les then a billionth of a chance that that prospect is likely.

SO, now after reading my view of it, do you believe that other species in the galaxies exist? Or still no?

--------------------
"Those with the biggest smiles carry the deepest scars."

Other Siggy Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Crystal Shards
post Jul 14 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #52

Iced Out
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 250

Favorites

Possible? Yes. Probable? Perhaps. There are millions of galaxies out there, all with their own planets. Maybe there isn't a planet out there with life like what we have, but I would almost bet money that there's some kind of life out there, even if it's just bacteria-like life.

--------------------
Administrator of Mercury Ice Forums

I click full party even after you switch out Pokemon.

DieHard GameFAN
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 14 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #53

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

Life on Earth is possible thanks to the Earth's location when compared to the sun. Mix that with the fact that there are thousands of millions of galaxies out there with thousands of millions of stars much like our sun and there's bound to be a planet with the same "planet to star" ratio when it comes to astrological possition as our "Earth to Sun" ratio. It's only a hypothesis though since there is no scientific proof of it yet. All we have is reasoning and educated guesses (and extremely bored people who think that dressing up in tin foil and video taping themselves is funny."

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Borealis
post Jul 18 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #54

Borealis
Group Icon

Member No.: 46 344

Team Orbit

I believe there is life on other planets. There is the whole universe, not only our solar system. No matter how far away there must be somewhere with the right conditions to support life of some sort. Even if it is a small microscopic bacteria it could mean that in millions of years that coud evolve into some sort of people. But if there is enough proof that life on other worlds is impossible that could help prove the existance of a god.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 19 2009, 01:11 AM
Post #55

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(Borealis @ Jul 18 2009, 11:09 AM) *
I believe there is life on other planets. There is the whole universe, not only our solar system. No matter how far away there must be somewhere with the right conditions to support life of some sort. Even if it is a small microscopic bacteria it could mean that in millions of years that coud evolve into some sort of people. But if there is enough proof that life on other worlds is impossible that could help prove the existance of a god.

Your comment was pretty good up untill your last point. God is perfectly capable of (and entitled to) creating life on other planets. To say that we're the one ones in this God filled world is just flattering ourselves. God created the universe right? Why would he only inhabit a small rock in such a vast universe? I would be like building a house for a flea.

Point: Other life on other planets being impossible might prove the existence of a God, but the existence of that life wouldn't disprove it either. God has no place in this conversation.

SOMETHING RELEVANT:
Didn't scientists find fossilized bacteria on Mars? That kinds blows this topic out of the water doesn't it?

This post has been edited by Reyo: Jul 19 2009, 01:11 AM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Deus Ex Machina
post Jul 20 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #56

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 098

DERP

I used to not believe in life on other planets, but I was watching a show about Hubble on Nat Geo yesterday, and they explained how one column of smoke is like 400 light years long (it could've been 400 million), and it just blew my mind at the sheer sizes of things in space. I think it's quite possible. Then there's millions of galaxies...it's so gigantic.

--------------------

I didn't make this.
+Quote Post

Kates
post Jul 23 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 47 201

Active Squad

I don't see how there couldn't be. In a galaxy with billions of stars, there's got to be at least one other one that has a planet formed both in the hospitable zone and has had the right sequence of events to occur to create life. After all, we know that there are planets out there, Kepler photographed the first ones in April. And that's just our galaxy. There are billions of others out there as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Usagi Zakura
post Jul 23 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #58

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 763

Team Awesome

QUOTE(Reyo @ Jul 19 2009, 08:11 AM) *
SOMETHING RELEVANT:
Didn't scientists find fossilized bacteria on Mars? That kinds blows this topic out of the water doesn't it?

According to my old science teacher some scientists had found out there may have been life on Mars but it died out because the ozon layer was too thin.

--------------------

Uxie uxie.gif Anitarig giratina.gif Daisuke infernape.gif Weasley floatzel.gif Sceptile sceptile.gif Rika raichu.gif

+Quote Post

neeewbee
post Jul 27 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 429

Cuteness :b

If there is life then who is to say that there isn't life on other planets o.O?

--------------------

Want Darkrai or Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl? (click to show)

Click my friend, Daniel: (click to show)

all credit for the banner and userbar go to Jaildog1962

Other Groups (click to show)

Why is it that people think i'm gay just for my obsession for espeon -_-.gif (click to show)

Claims awesome.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackCherry93
post Jul 27 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #60

Player of Brawl who takes too many pictures.
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 891

Platinum Team

I don't see why there WOULDN'T be life on other planets.

--------------------
No longer coming to this site.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:12 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.