Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Favorite Pokemon Girl
Master Houndoom
post Jun 24 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #41

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Akane @ Jun 24 2008, 12:13 PM) *
QUOTE(Jaima @ Jun 24 2008, 12:57 PM) *
I write fanfiction, but mostly not pokémon related (I have an idea for one and am working on another which has OCs...). Only one has (harry potter) ever fooled me into thinking it was canon (well written and all that). It was embarrassing when it came up later...

Most (not all) of the pokémon fanfiction is pretty... er... simplistic.

And that's why it's interesting. Isn't Pokemon (the anime) pretty simplistic itself?

I don't know, sometimes I feel like that fanfiction fits right in with the storyline, although it's made up.

Since we were going off-topic a little, all the Pokemon girls are cool. cool.gif

It is pretty simplistic, but it can be deep, too.

Sometimes the pokémon fanfiction fits in, sometimes it's more... grown-up, for lack of better word (and in good ways, not like hentai...). I actually prefer it when it addresses OC trainers. It makes it more interesting to me.

All of them are. And Misty is their Queen wink.gif

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 24 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #42

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1 933

Active Squad

Anybody can turn something simple into a complex question... I mean, look at philosophy. It's simple and complex at the same time, because there is no right or wrong answer, as is with picking a girl for Ash to fall in love with. All of them have their ups and downs. Don't judge them! :0

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 24 2008, 01:54 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Akane @ Jun 24 2008, 12:40 PM) *
Anybody can turn something simple into a complex question... I mean, look at philosophy. It's simple and complex at the same time, because there is no right or wrong answer, as is with picking a girl for Ash to fall in love with. All of them have their ups and downs. Don't judge them! :0

Is preferring one for Ash judging them, though? I mean, they all have their good points, but some I think match Ash (or just prefer) than others.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 24 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #44

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jaima @ Jun 24 2008, 02:54 PM) *
QUOTE(Akane @ Jun 24 2008, 12:40 PM) *

Is preferring one for Ash judging them, though? I mean, they all have their good points, but some I think match Ash (or just prefer) than others.

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't count. But I hate it when people say things like 'Dawn sucks because of her hooker skirt' or 'May is such a girlie-girl, she should die'. Come on, it's not their fault the producers made them like that! All of them have their good points. tongue.gif

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Jun 24 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #45

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 299

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jaima @ Jun 24 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Sometimes the pokémon fanfiction fits in, sometimes it's more... grown-up, for lack of better word (and in good ways, not like hentai...).

Somewhere someone is writing an AshxMisty hentai fanfic right now. O_o.gif

Anyways, I like how May actually behaves more...feminine. Misty's personality was nice and all, but doesn't everyone love a Mary Sue? Especially such a kind, caring, brunette Mary Sue... <3

This post has been edited by Swordsalmon: Jun 24 2008, 08:02 PM

--------------------
I have claimed Kanghaskhan.
+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 24 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #46

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Swordsalmon @ Jun 24 2008, 09:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Jaima @ Jun 24 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Sometimes the pokémon fanfiction fits in, sometimes it's more... grown-up, for lack of better word (and in good ways, not like hentai...).

Somewhere someone is writing an AshxMisty hentai fanfic right now. O_o.gif

Anyways, I like how May actually behaves more...feminine. Misty's personality was nice and all, but doesn't everyone love a Mary Sue? Especially such a kind, caring, brunette Mary Sue... <3

Exactly. And everyone hates her for being girly. sad.gif I think she's the only girly 10 year old I've seen in Pokemon (other than Dawn, but she acts tough most of the time).

And she likes shopping. Automatic <3 in my book.

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 25 2008, 07:42 AM
Post #47

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

See, I've been a part of many, many fandoms in my vast and endless existance, and that is one thing I could never understand. How can someone HATE, with physical and maniacal loathing, a character. Even characters that are DESIGNED to be hated don't provoke the rabid, mouth foaming response I sometimes see on the boards or in fanfiction. And with NO basis in canon. I've seen people call a girl character a slut because she gave a guy character a chaste kiss. Or like Akane said, where their clothing was a little too short (and, in regards to May, how can they call her a slut for a skirt when Misty wandered around in a half top and daisy dukes for seasons upon seasons?! But I digress...)

Don't get me wrong, I've had characters I can't stand (mostly because they're stupid), but even they are just treated with a groan and perpetual ignorage instead of a red hot blinding rage.

... Misty's cool. (To get back on topic and all that...) I like May, she's fun, and I haven't met Dawn, but I've read about her. But Misty's my favorite.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 25 2008, 07:46 AM
Post #48

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

That's why I quit Naruto. Too much Ino bashing. >.>

You should maybe see the character bashing threads on Serebii and forums like it. Honestly, I don't like it when people blindly point a finger and hate. Poor Dawn.

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 25 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #49

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Akane @ Jun 25 2008, 07:46 AM) *
That's why I quit Naruto. Too much Ino bashing. >.>

You should maybe see the character bashing threads on Serebii and forums like it. Honestly, I don't like it when people blindly point a finger and hate. Poor Dawn.

I never once quit a fandom for people bashing. I did quit one (Gundam Wing) because the people stopped bashing the character and started bashing each other. But I respond to character bashing with fanfiction depicting the character as the hero. It's fun, 'cause I get to write, and it ticks the bashers off without them being able to DO anything about it. devil.gif

I like Ino. I prefer Hinata to all the girls there, but Ino is cool. smile.gif

You know, I don't read too many forums BECAUSE of the rabid hatred of some fans. I don't need that kind of negativity. This forum has been surprisingly free of that.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Jun 25 2008, 09:02 AM
Post #50

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

That's because this place is mostly a haven for Competitive Battling. We've had leagues upon leagues of battling here. Otherwise, we don't bash the characters as much as the series. Read some of the old topics and you'll understand.

Oh, and the reason Misty walks around in the clothes she does is because she's, like, 15. You can't be 10 and be a gym leader.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 25 2008, 09:37 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Now, I thought in the manga that she was about one or two years older than Ash. Or maybe just a few months, since the "official" line is that she was 10 as of the debut (this is from Bulbapedia, and therefore possibly inaccurate.)

That would, actually, support both our claims, since she left at the end of the third (?) season to become a Gym Leader. Her sisters were the leaders before this.

But I wasn't even criticizing her clothing, I was pointing out that she dresses like that, but, according to Akane, people bash May because she wears a short skirt. To me, these people make no sense. tongue.gif

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 25 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #52

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

I thought Misty was 12, both in the anime and PokeSpecial?

No, they bash May because of the size of her boobs. *slams head against wall* I shouldn't have typed that. I have to admit, it is a bit abnormal. But so are most animes, right?

This post has been edited by Akane: Jun 25 2008, 10:19 AM

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 25 2008, 10:28 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Oh, it was Dawn's skirt they bash. Well, same reasoning.

May has boobs? I never noticed... I mean, Jessie I can understand...

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 25 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #54

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

I've been to some Japanese fansites, and they really like to stress it in May's fanart. And pictures of her in a bikini. So. Not. Right. It's the same with Jessie. ><

I blame what the characters wear. Have you noticed that all the main girls clothes are very short? You probably have. Maybe in the next gen, they'll have a female character with proper pants.

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 25 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Not very many anime HAVE girls in proper pants. It's all short skirts, bikinis, and panties.

As for the fanart, I usually convince myself that they're drawing the character in their teens >.>

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Jun 25 2008, 03:48 PM
Post #56

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Akane @ Jun 24 2008, 06:12 PM) *
Exactly. And everyone hates her for being girly. sad.gif I think she's the only girly 10 year old I've seen in Pokemon (other than Dawn, but she acts tough most of the time).

And she likes shopping. Automatic <3 in my book.

Wait...May likes shopping!? O_o.gif I was being half-serious to make a May shrine in my closet, but now this basically ensures it. <3 <3 <3

QUOTE(Akane @ Jun 25 2008, 08:42 AM) *
I've been to some Japanese fansites, and they really like to stress it in May's fanart. And pictures of her in a bikini. So. Not. Right. It's the same with Jessie. ><

I blame what the characters wear. Have you noticed that all the main girls clothes are very short? You probably have. Maybe in the next gen, they'll have a female character with proper pants.

Ugh, I know. irritated.gif Looking for nice, May fanart is near impossible for me to find that's clean. Though I've always thought the writers envisioned her as a young teen, not a ten-year-old. In May's OA, her waist seems a bit too much like a teen's and not a little girl's...

That's pretty common in many series. If you've seen Cecil of FE3, she's barely wearing a miniskirt, and is a cavalry-armoured unit. >___< Though quite a few of the adult trainers in Poke'mon wear proper adventure-wear (Copyright) pants.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mister Sa
post Jun 26 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #57

thats racist.
Group Icon

Member No.: 54

Active Squad

Out of Misty, May, and Dawn ... I like all 3 of them the same. Misty was a whiner, May seemed like she had a crush on Ash ( but I didn't watch the Hoenn season long enough to know. Only saw 1 episode, haha. ) ... and well, I never watch Pokemon anymore so I've never seen how Dawns anime counterpart. :0

But these girls get much more attention from me than Misty, May, and Dawn:

Lorelei / Prima and Cynthia. C: But Prima's got some exaggerated boobs in that one episode. :/ EDIT: Actually, now that I remember ... there's also MAJOR Lorelei cleavage in that same episode. 8C AND HER SKIMPY SKIRT.

ANYWAY. She's just Lorelei's anime counterpart, so I guess I like her too if I really like Lorelei. But they turn Lorelei into a red head in FR/LG ... I like her too. I LIKE PRIMA, LORELEI, AND RED HEAD FR/LG LORELEI. 8]

CYNTHIA IS PRETTY. cat.gif How many times have I said this in this section of the forum? xD

This post has been edited by Mister Sa: Jun 26 2008, 01:06 AM

--------------------

Mister Sa on DEVIANT ART
Mister Sa on YOUTUBE
Mister Sa on MYSPACE

I claimed the sexy . ;D

Come down to the Pokemon Cafe Forum. I'm there, so it's automatically cool. C:
+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 26 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #58

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Active Squad

^Cynthia will probably make an appearance again in DP087, I hope. Or her grandmother might.

And I also know a really nasty crack pairing involving Cynthia. >.> It's really wrong. The people in this world have no decency.

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 26 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Akane @ Jun 26 2008, 09:11 AM) *
^Cynthia will probably make an appearance again in DP087, I hope. Or her grandmother might.

And I also know a really nasty crack pairing involving Cynthia. >.> It's really wrong. The people in this world have no decency.

One man's decency is another man's depravity. All men's decency is depravity to women wink.gif

You wanna hear crack pairings, I've read Pokémon/human fics. ><

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Jun 26 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #60

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Akane @ Jun 26 2008, 07:11 AM) *

Meh, though I'm a massive supporter of crack pairings (Yay FE4 ShannanxShannan!) but you've never seen anything more disturbing until you see DawnxPiplup fanart. irritated.gif Any with Cynthia must be tame by comparison. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:52 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.