Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Battle Subway Guide [Revamp], Updated 12/12/2016
Cajun
post Apr 5 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #21

Doing alright. Hope you are too~
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 27 775

Still miss y'all

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 5 2015, 08:31 PM) *
And now I remember why I'm not crazy about choice items is because they lock you down into one attack. That means that if the NPC trades to a pokemon that you have an advantage with... but for your opposite type move set, doesn't that kind of... make it harder? Of course what do I know, I'm the one losing here lol.
Well that doesn't apply to single-type or single-use mons. I've got Choice items on Dugtrio, Haxorus, Jolteon, Porygon-Z and Darmanitan who have no problem spamming their move, and Scarf for Frosslass because a 450 speed Ice Shard is going to murder any Dragon or Dugtrio before it can do anything.

--------------------
Inactive but still drop by sometimes.
Best contact is @Cajun#5683 on Discord.

Even when all hope is lost, we will never surrender
And when the music finally ends, you'll always remember
Never. Stop. Dancing.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 5 2015, 09:00 PM
Post #22

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

@Jade: I'd advise looking at the individual base stats of the Pokémon. Dugtrio is more of a physical attacker than a special attacker happy.gif It has a base attack os 119 and a base special attack of 74. That's probably why it isn't knocking out the x4 Pokémon.

To add onto what Synx has said, choice items do lock you into one attack, which us usually move beneficial if you've got some strong moves. I'm not saying you /have/ to use single type Pokémon, just the punch from a strong move is more than a weak one. If something comes in which say, does 1/2 damage (for example your Latias is using a dragon attack against a Mawile) that would be 1/8 damage. In the actual games, Dragon type moves cannot harm Fairy types, but on GPX+ they just deal 1/4 damage, just like Electric attacks on Ground types do. Steel also resists Dragon, so that's 1/2.

1/2*1/4=1/8.

So the idea behind it, is to switch into something that can resist this new Pokémon's attacks. Let's just say this Mawile has actually come into battle and your Latias is locked into Twister (the weak special dragon move on here). Mawile is a Steel/Fairy type, and you have an Arcanine on your team. Fairy deals 1/2 damage to Fire types, and Steel does 1/2 damage to Fire types too, so Arcanine would be a good switch in, as it resists the attack and then you can attack the Mawile and KO it.

In another instance if the Mawile would switch into a Water type, you could switch back into Latias because Dragon resists water. happy.gif it's this 'synergy' I mentioned in the first post. Pokémon working together to help resist and then fight back to secure a win!

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Jade
post Apr 5 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #23

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Okay definitely gonna need to get some different items to play more at these guys' strengths, but I am definitely getting the hang of this! My streak just doubled!

Thank you Synx, Cajun, My Way and Sam for all your helpful words and hints! And Sam just for this guide in total! It's awesome!

*cracks knuckles* Come to me, experience all. You shall be MINE!

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Apr 5 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #24

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

In addition to what Sam said: Even though this 'synergy' is always great, you also have to be VERY careful. Some Pokemon carry gems to cover their weaknesses, so you might think a switch is safe, but then that Mawile blasts Arcanine with an Aqua Jet! noes.gif That would stink, so you need to pay attention and always take note of your foes!

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Venusaur King
post Apr 6 2015, 08:27 AM
Post #25

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 724

The Saur Kingdom

I've got a question about vitamins. Would it be better to give vitamins to the two defenses or to HP?

--------------------

Join the Battle Dojo and compete to become the Champion!

Banner by Shaoo
Battle Dojo Affiliates (click to show)

Other Battle Dojo Banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Apr 6 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #26

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

In my opinion, that's dependent on the Pokemon. Since IVs don't increase STATS by 1 per IV but rather seem to give a percentage, I'd go for the increase of the better overall stat. I.E. If base HP> base Def, go for HP. If base Def > base HP, go for Defense, even if total HP > total defense.

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Venusaur King
post Apr 7 2015, 02:17 PM
Post #27

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 724

The Saur Kingdom

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Apr 6 2015, 05:25 PM) *
In my opinion, that's dependent on the Pokemon. Since IVs don't increase STATS by 1 per IV but rather seem to give a percentage, I'd go for the increase of the better overall stat. I.E. If base HP> base Def, go for HP. If base Def > base HP, go for Defense, even if total HP > total defense.

I think they only give more than one if you add it to a stat that's been boosted by nature. 6 Carbos to a Jolly pokemon will yield an increase of 7 because of the boost to speed.

--------------------

Join the Battle Dojo and compete to become the Champion!

Banner by Shaoo
Battle Dojo Affiliates (click to show)

Other Battle Dojo Banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

Jade
post Apr 7 2015, 03:00 PM
Post #28

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

I have a question of my own since Cajun gave me an idea for a neat little trick.

When choosing natures for a pokemon that you have two stats to consider, which one is better to improve?

For example, a pokemon like Jolty would benefit from having his special attack or speed boosted. But would it be better to choose his top overrall stat to improve (I.E. Speed) rather than his secondary (I.E. Special Attack)? And then make up for the other stat using a hold item - Specs or scarf... or double that increase even more.
So, in short, would it be best to double up the boosts - give Jolteon and increase in speed based on nature AND item or Special attack with nature AND item... or do to both, give a nature increasing one and an item increasing the other?

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 7 2015, 05:02 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 7 2015, 09:00 PM) *
I have a question of my own since Cajun gave me an idea for a neat little trick.

When choosing natures for a pokemon that you have two stats to consider, which one is better to improve?

For example, a pokemon like Jolty would benefit from having his special attack or speed boosted. But would it be better to choose his top overrall stat to improve (I.E. Speed) rather than his secondary (I.E. Special Attack)? And then make up for the other stat using a hold item - Specs or scarf... or double that increase even more.
So, in short, would it be best to double up the boosts - give Jolteon and increase in speed based on nature AND item or Special attack with nature AND item... or do to both, give a nature increasing one and an item increasing the other?

Depends entirely on whatever the higher base stat is happy.gif Personally I go for the stat that's lower than the main one.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Apr 8 2015, 01:37 AM
Post #30

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

I on the other hand like maximizing the maximum natures....I like extremities! Go for the gold!

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Jen
post Apr 8 2015, 03:44 AM
Post #31

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Urrrgggghhhhhh.

Your streak ended at 66!

I freakin hate battling.
So close to the Exp. All. ):

Hax
Dug
Sawk
Azumarill
Darmanwhatever
Jolt

I stole Sam's team basically. ):

---

Your streak ended at 12!

Okay. This team has a huge weakness against Marshstomp.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 8 2015, 05:04 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Jen @ Apr 8 2015, 09:44 AM) *
Urrrgggghhhhhh.

Your streak ended at 66!

I freakin hate battling.
So close to the Exp. All. ):

Hax
Dug
Sawk
Azumarill
Darmanwhatever
Jolt

I stole Sam's team basically. ):

---

Your streak ended at 12!

Okay. This team has a huge weakness against Marshstomp.

Did you let the Marshtomp increase its stats? Sawk and Hax should've decimated it o.o

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

My Way
post Apr 8 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #33

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 97 301

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 7 2015, 04:00 PM) *

Well speed is different from the other stat in the fact that having more of it can actually be wasteful sometimes.

Once you're outspeeding everything there's no point in getting more speed, so for Jolteon who's pretty fast I'd just go S.ATT

This post has been edited by My Way: Apr 8 2015, 10:00 AM

--------------------

2DS FC: 3840-7678-9350
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Apr 8 2015, 10:21 AM
Post #34

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(My Way @ Apr 8 2015, 10:59 AM) *
QUOTE(Jade @ Apr 7 2015, 04:00 PM) *

Well speed is different from the other stat in the fact that having more of it can actually be wasteful sometimes.

Once you're outspeeding everything there's no point in getting more speed, so for Jolteon who's pretty fast I'd just go S.ATT

But there will ALWAYS be something competitively fast unless you're Ninjask.

I.E. If you're not careful to keep a high speed on Jolteon, you'll find it being outran and KOed by Alakazams.

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Jen
post Apr 8 2015, 12:20 PM
Post #35

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(ll Sam ll @ Apr 8 2015, 05:04 AM) *
Did you let the Marshtomp increase its stats? Sawk and Hax should've decimated it o.o

Yeah, I noticed it building up. I'll keep those two in mind when I come across another one. ): Thanks!

Edit:

Jen won a Exp. All!
Your streak is currently at 75!

DONE. Yay thanks Sam! <33

--------------------

+Quote Post

Raboot
post Apr 8 2015, 09:00 PM
Post #36

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

Is it worth it to give a Pokémon Choice Specs if their SATK IV is already 31? (Example: [x]) Or is it useless, because the IV is already maxed out?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 8 2015, 09:07 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

Grats Jen cat.gif ah I see, I was gonna say!

Kieran: I'd give it the specs seeing as Calm nature decreases Special Attack. Just be careful of speedy Dark types like Zoroark and Weavile, and other speedy types that could be bad (You can check what threats are faster through dex filtering, everything higher than the base speed of Delphox)

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Raboot
post Apr 8 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #38

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

Wait. What if the nature didn't decrease the stats?

This post has been edited by Kieren Walker: Apr 8 2015, 09:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 8 2015, 09:18 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Kieren Walker @ Apr 9 2015, 03:13 AM) *
Okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

Wait. What if the nature didn't decrease the stats?

If the nature didn't decrease the stats (or increased spa without reducing speed, for example modest nature) then I'd go with a scarf. Delphox has a higher base special attack happy.gif

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Raboot
post Apr 8 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #40

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(ll Sam ll @ Apr 8 2015, 07:18 PM) *
If the nature didn't decrease the stats (or increased spa without reducing speed, for example modest nature) then I'd go with a scarf. Delphox has a higher base special attack happy.gif

Okay. I think I might leave my Delphox with the Specs. Your comment just made me realize how dumb I was with my Haxorus, because I equipped it with Choice Band, so it might've been overkill. I should've just given it a Scarf.

Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.