Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What do you EAT? D:
Fayah
post May 14 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 22 401

Active Squad

So, me and my friends have had this long debate on if you eat pokemon in the game/series. Well, you don't see any other real life animal. And I don't THINK everyone in the pokemon world is a vegetarian.

Plus there are items like slowpoke tail, paras mushrooms, etc.

Eating pokemon seems reasonable, doesn't it? But wouldn't it be harder for people to kill pokemon since they could be useful in so many other ways? I think it'd be different from this world since the pokemon world seems to have a greater interdependence with pokemon.

But personally, I think they totally eat pokemon and just never mention it to prevent kids playing their game from knowing that their best friend evar is also a delicacy. Mmmm tauros burgers.

Or

EVERYTHING IS MADE OF TOFU BD

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vade
post May 14 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #2

gay
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 702

faves

Some Pokemon I wouldn't mind eating; others it just sounds so heartless.
I wouldn't mind eating Tentacool, though.
Mmm. TentaCalamari.

--------------------
vade / 24 / he/him pronouns

this account is literally over a decade old Blease no judgements

click for my party
+Quote Post

Fayah
post May 14 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'll pass on the tentacool, who knows if it's poisonous xD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vade
post May 14 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #4

gay
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 702

faves

No problem.
I'll just squirt some of that ink on Corpish. Makes for a good sauce.

--------------------
vade / 24 / he/him pronouns

this account is literally over a decade old Blease no judgements

click for my party
+Quote Post

Icarus
post May 14 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #5

Gastly Goddess
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 419

The Gastly Gang

There's some sort of weird religious scripture that you can read in the library in the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games that details humans eating Pokemon from the sea. There's also the fact that Sweet Honey (possibly produced by Combees, Vespiquen, or Beedrills) and things like Moo-Moo Milk (made by Miltanks?) that are consumed by Pokemon and humans alike, meaning that they do, at least, eat things produced by Pokemon.

--------------------

Clicks for click-backs.
No click-backs for one-clickers.
Yes, I feed the correct berries.

My DragonCave Scroll
+Quote Post

Ness
post May 14 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #6

2wag.
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 775

Active Squad

I'm vegan IRL, so I can't even fathom eating a Pokemon. D8

--------------------

Etc. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fayah
post May 16 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Where is this library in the games? o-o

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post May 16 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #8

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I know that they eat fish-like pokemon such as Magikarp.
They might also eat Parasect's mushrooms, but I'm un-sure.
They also drink milk from Miltank.

This post has been edited by johnrichard1991: May 16 2009, 02:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Applenose
post May 16 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #9

meat popsicle
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 986

Currently Training

Yeah they probably do eat pokemon.
Imagine eating a flaffy, it has a shocking taste o_o
Ugh I should probably stop thinking about this if I want to eat. sweat.gif
+Quote Post

Dys Tuvai
post May 16 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #10

The Sylvan Saber
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 358

Grass-Type Fanatic

Hn. I haven't given the subject too much thought yet - as it brings to mind the subject of PokeMon sentience.

Most PokeMon species appear to be sentient, intelligent beings - but at the same time, they live much in the manner of wild animals, complete with their own ecosystems - and it's obvious some of them eat each other - and it's all organic and natural and in tune with the great circles of the cosmos, and I doubt they bother to think 'Hay wait a minute I'm eating another sentient creature with its own hopes and dreams!'. They just do what nature tells them to do to survive.

When you think about it this way, it may only seem that if PokeMon aren't bothered by it, humans probably aren't too. I'm pretty sure that within in-universe context, there are a lot of people who question the sentience of PokeMon, thinking of them as just animals - and on the other side you have psychotic PETA-types who seek to abolish the consumption of PokeMon, who view PokeMon training as barbaric abuse of creatures that should live wild and free.... you know. The sort of people who "won't even drive through towns with 'Ham' in their names", as Bill Bailey so eloquently puts it.

It's also quite possible only a few species are consumed by humans as food and raised specifically for it in farms - because there are regulations related to the sentience level of certain critters. But hell if I know. (shrugs)

--------------------

No longer available on GPX+ for now. Don't bother clicking me. Thank you.

+Quote Post

LugiaFreak
post May 20 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 461

all hail

Well, sure.

Miltank/Tauros Burgers, Filleted Magikarp, Milktank Milk, Grumpig Ribs, Chansey Eggs, Togepi Omelet, Octillary Calamari, Scrambled Exeggcute, Krabby Legs, Seaking N' Chips, Kentucky Fried Torchic, Unown Alphabet Soup, Ditto Jelly, Cherubi Pie, Feraligatorade, ect.

So many choices!

--------------------

Still looking for Lugia! But, in the meantime... I've got these babes. ↑ Click away!
Thank you! ♥ I appreciate any and all interactions/clicks.
+Quote Post

Ellie
post Jun 9 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #12

I <3 Silver
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 276

Dark Type Dream Team!

"Feraligatorade,"

I lol'd very hard at this.

Combusken drumsticks, Oddish-and-Grotle salad, and grilled Tauros, all made on the Torkoal grill!

I can just see a Torkoal-shaped grill out there.

--------------------

Click Silver ( love.gif ) for my party!
Look! How kyuuuute!! Thanks Lie! (click to show)

^My Super Spectacular Comic^
+Quote Post

somnivore
post Jun 10 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #13

Super high-level high school fanfic author!
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 575

GymLeaderDreamParty

QUOTE(Ellie @ Jun 9 2009, 08:06 PM) *
"Feraligatorade,"

I lol'd very hard at this.

Combusken drumsticks, Oddish-and-Grotle salad, and grilled Tauros, all made on the Torkoal grill!

I can just see a Torkoal-shaped grill out there.

Feraligatorade.

...The next time I get a bottle of Gatorade, I'm going to write that with a sharpie and draw a little chibi Feraligatr on it.

I would eat some of the pogeys that aren't really portrayed as "smart," like Tentacruel, Crawdaunt, and Magikarp (even though I don't eat seafood IRL.) Taurosburgers would be A-OK.

I'd have a hard time eating a Pikachu or something, though. Cute pogeys would be hard to eat, and so would human-like ones.

Edit: Also, regarding Pokémon products, Tropius's dex entries state that people eat the fruit on its neck.

--------------------

add me to your pal pad for daily clicks!
hablo un poco de espańol & je parle un petit peu de français!

+Quote Post

oumaghirga
post Jun 10 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #14

Psychologist in Training
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 467

The Bros

I haven't really give this much thought either. I actually didn't think about it until now.

I guess they'd have to eat some of the Pokemon.
It's kind of like reality, except Pokemon are bit smarter than your average animal.
Huh... That's a good thing to think about in a new light.

--------------------
Currently a student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst studying in the field of psychology.
[ Pinterest || Steam || Instagram || StumbleUpon ]

"The world is a diagonal... I am the balancing point."

+Quote Post

aiadonyx
post Jun 10 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #15

Super Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 333

A nice set indeed

Yeah, I could see eating pokemon. It wouldn't be too far off from real life, some people keep chickens and pigs as pets even though we eat them.

--------------------
+Quote Post

eneko
post Jun 10 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 311

Faves ❤

i thought they ate pokemon i mean come on, in the anime brock makes freaking sandwhiches and burgers and stuff so im sure they eat pokemon, where would they get the meat from ? lol.

i know the pokemon eat each other, it says that swellow or some bird pokemon eat caterpies, magikarp, and wurmple. i tihnk its like pigey - pigeot and taylow - swellow, maybe spearow and fearow its says on their dex entrys buy idk! but i think they eat pokemon lol.

--------------------

Fanart. (click to show)
+Quote Post

xMonokuro Rose
post Jun 12 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #17

'TIL THE LAST ROSE DIES.
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 371

THESE DREAMS.

I haven't given it much thought either.. But, LugiaFreak seems to know what they eat.
I lol'd at Feraligatorade.. xD

Oh ya, I heard they could eat Chansey eggs. O__o;
It's said that, if you eat its egg, it'll bring you happiness
Yet... It can be used for Egg Bomb.. xD

--------------------
Yes, I am a major Sebastian fan. You don't like it? Just deal. =D

Avatar Art goes to the awesome and amazing Shirogane! Go see her art! Shiro's Shop!

Oh. And. Read my poems and short stories? Writing..

.&&. my eggs. (click to show)

+Quote Post

Richard Strahl
post Jun 13 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 680

Dein Untergang

QUOTE(Dys Tuvai @ May 16 2009, 03:57 PM) *
Hn. I haven't given the subject too much thought yet - as it brings to mind the subject of PokeMon sentience.

Most PokeMon species appear to be sentient, intelligent beings - but at the same time, they live much in the manner of wild animals, complete with their own ecosystems - and it's obvious some of them eat each other - and it's all organic and natural and in tune with the great circles of the cosmos, and I doubt they bother to think 'Hay wait a minute I'm eating another sentient creature with its own hopes and dreams!'. They just do what nature tells them to do to survive.

When you think about it this way, it may only seem that if PokeMon aren't bothered by it, humans probably aren't too. I'm pretty sure that within in-universe context, there are a lot of people who question the sentience of PokeMon, thinking of them as just animals - and on the other side you have psychotic PETA-types who seek to abolish the consumption of PokeMon, who view PokeMon training as barbaric abuse of creatures that should live wild and free.... you know. The sort of people who "won't even drive through towns with 'Ham' in their names", as Bill Bailey so eloquently puts it.

It's also quite possible only a few species are consumed by humans as food and raised specifically for it in farms - because there are regulations related to the sentience level of certain critters. But hell if I know. (shrugs)

Actually, I've noticed that Pokemon is getting a bit more... eehh, "kid friendly". Pokedex entries from Red and Blue can be a bit more graphic than the newer versions. Pidgeot's entry mentions it eats fish Pokemon like Magikarp. I could assume that pokemon that are strictly carnivorous would eat other Pokemon. As for people... I guess you could if you really wanted to. It'd be like eating a Dolphin or a Monkey... just another intelligent creature =/ Whatever floats your boat.

BUT, I do remember watching one of the old Pokemon episodes years ago [Where ash goes to battle Misty at Cerulean City] and I saw fish in the tank in the background. FISH, not Magikarp, not Tentacool, not Psyduck, even, but just regular looking fish.
Even though it's not in-game, I do think that there exists normal animals in the Pokemon world as well. It never shows them [there may be a reference that I just can't remember], but then again, who cares about seeing a cow or rat or pidgeon? I want Pokemon!

Anyway, just my take on it ^_^.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Isfet
post Jun 19 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #19

Total Avatard
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 811

My dream team!

Yeah. I've seen Ash and friends eating hamburgers and fried "chicken". Are they really Tauros/Miltank and Farfetch'd? It always baffles me. confused.gif

[quote Richard Strahl]
and I saw fish in the tank in the background. FISH, not Magikarp, not Tentacool, not Psyduck, even, but just regular looking fish.

I also once saw Misty getting attacked by what looked like droves of mosquitos or gnats. Way too tiny to be a Pokemon, but giving credibility to the theory that there are real-life animals in the Pokemon world.

--------------------

Part of the Berry Smart group!

+Quote Post

Spearow
post Jun 20 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #20

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 415

i can't do that dave

In the animeverse it's reasonable to assume that there are some non-Pokémon life forms here and there, which are used for food, based on the evidence of the fishtank, chicken leg, etc.

In the gameverse, they eat products from Pokémon, e.g. Moomoo milk, but as far as meat goes I've always liked to think that people in the Pokémon world use soy/veggie-based substitutes and just have less dependence on it than we do. Maybe they get their protein sources from other places and cultures around the Pokéworld have developed respecting the Pokémon as near-equals (except for that whole capturing and battling them part, but that in itself is a debate) and would see killing them for food as a barbaric act.

--------------------

you want to live when life is achingly unfair
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:15 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.