Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Seeking: 1x1 Literate RP (Inspired by ORAS Sky Pillar theme)
Kurutto
post Dec 27 2014, 05:10 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 188 429

Red Team

Hello, everyone. If you've played Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, you perhaps have gotten to the point in the game where you visit Sky Pillar. I remember when I got to that point, I was blown away by its powerful theme. Amazing stuff!

This music inspired me to want to create a character and maybe even a role-play plot based on Sky Pillar's majestic theme. If you feel similarly inspired and would like to join me in a role-play inspired by this music, I'd be happy to role-play with you!

I'm thinking the plot could satirize religion, considering the religious themes in the theme and in Sky Pillar itself. If you have other ideas, feel free to share them with me!

Happy posting! I am looking forward to collaborating with you.

Note: I am looking for a literate role-player who won't mind having to wait a while in-between posting.

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Dec 27 2014, 05:11 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Dec 28 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #2

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

I wouldn't mind giving this a shot.

Basic plot idea: A bicentennial meteor shower has put a radical sect of Draconid followers on edge. In order to save the world, they gather at the Sky Pillar to summon Rayquaza. Unfortunately, their chosen method is human sacrifice. Two trainers travel to the sky pillar to rescue the hostage.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 1 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

Hey, Toogee. The premise of religious extremism and human sacrifice is interesting! However, I don’t really have a great feel of Draconids or Draconid culture. Where did they live in Hoenn? Was it a religious following or a tribe? (I assumed it was a religious tribe). Did they have specific dress? Questions like that. Would this take place in an earlier time period?

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 1 2015, 07:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 1 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

And a Golurk

I basically pulled that name out of bulbapedia articles. I actually haven't gotten that far in the game. As far as I can tell, the game doesn't specify anything other than that they were a thing that believed Rayquaza saved the world from meteors. In other words, the details are entirely up to our interpretation as far as this RP is concerned.

With that in mind, I'll make up some details:

I'm imagining a more modern interpretation. As such, instead of a people from a specified region, I'm thinking the sect is formed of like-minded individuals that met via the internet. Not so much a tribe as a cult.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 4 2015, 12:48 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

Yeah, the game was fairly vague as to who or what the Draconids really were. That does make things more flexible, sure!

Ohh, that's interesting! People can better relate to modern-day connections via the Internet, so that would be more prominent in a role-play setting. It would also be easier to do, as we wouldn't have to worry about historical accuracy. Would they meet online, and then meet in person for the sacrifice?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 4 2015, 09:03 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

And a Golurk

QUOTE(Kurutto @ Jan 3 2015, 11:48 PM) *
Would they meet online, and then meet in person for the sacrifice?

They would have known each other online for some time, then they would meet to plan the sacrifice. By the time the heroes arrive, the cultists would have been together for at least two weeks (though they might know each other for years online).

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 4 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

Alright, that sounds reasonable!

Hmm, as of now, I already have one Hoenn trainer to use, though I still need to refine her information. Since it's all complex medical stuff, I might have to wing it! xD I am conflicted as to what to do regarding braces, etc. for a foot injury that requires rehabilitation. I am still not sure about the braces, if there need to be any, or even the incident that cripples her foot. If you have any insights or any suggestions regarding this, please let me know!

Anyways, I was thinking she either be following the case (i.e. one of the two trainers), or she could be the sacrificial lamb (though I doubt the latter option would be likely, due to her Machoke bodyguard being there to defend her, if need be).

What were you thinking? Do you already have ideas for victims, trainers, or even cult members? This sounds like a fun role-play, as we can probably introduce and control multiple characters.

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 4 2015, 08:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 6 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

And a Golurk

QUOTE(Kurutto @ Jan 4 2015, 07:10 PM) *
Alright, that sounds reasonable!

Hmm, as of now, I already have one Hoenn trainer to use, though I still need to refine her information. Since it's all complex medical stuff, I might have to wing it! xD I am conflicted as to what to do regarding braces, etc. for a foot injury that requires rehabilitation. I am still not sure about the braces, if there need to be any, or even the incident that cripples her foot. If you have any insights or any suggestions regarding this, please let me know!

Braces seem to be an entirely cosmetic preference as far the RP is concerned. I'll leave that to you. Having a foot injury however will make travel to and up a giant tower improbable. Maybe save the foot injury for during the RP?

Anyways, I was thinking she either be following the case (i.e. one of the two trainers), or she could be the sacrificial lamb (though I doubt the latter option would be likely, due to her Machoke bodyguard being there to defend her, if need be).

The hostage would most likely be at the top, so that would make interactions difficult :P.

What were you thinking? Do you already have ideas for victims, trainers, or even cult members? This sounds like a fun role-play, as we can probably introduce and control multiple characters.

Trainer: Perhaps a grizzled detective. I have a sprite for him somewhere, so we'll see on that. Haven't thought of much else beyond that.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 6 2015, 09:00 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

Thanks for the input! The brace doesn't have to be too important, then, which gives me more options with winging the whole thing. She could have a limp but not necessarily have a brace... I'll probably omit it for simplicity's sake, especially since I don't know what kind of brace.

However, I feel like it's central to her character that she have the injury prior. I'll have to pass on that, though it is a good idea. It's a rocky journey up the Sky Pillar. xD

Haha, that's what her Machoke is there for. She helps her out whenever she needs it. A successful walk by herself would be pretty improbable, I agree -- but if the Machoke is giving her a piggy back ride, I suppose that helps.

Yeah, I realize that about the hostage :P I wouldn't mind. I don't have to use her, though! I could make other characters, no sweat.

Do you have any more info on your trainer?

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 6 2015, 09:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jan 17 2015, 09:37 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

And a Golurk

I was hoping to work on this, but I've gotten really busy really quickly. RPs I thought were dead suddenly sprang to life.

I'm not sure how long this will take, so I would not blame you if you find someone else to RP with. happy.gif

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:58 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.