Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Cherrim forms
Lini
post Dec 18 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15 199

Active Squad

Okay, got a question about Cherrims forms here that have given me quite a fright...

To get the dex data for the Heat/Ice/Rain forms for Cherrim, I decided to hit two birds with one rock and used my shiny Cherrim to get both normal and shiny data. However, now that ti's been turned into the heat form, I'm not getting an option to change it back to the regular. Is this a glitch or something? I mean, it says Heat "Form", so it's not like it's an evolution, which I understand would be impossible to change back.

If this is intentional, and there's no way to change them back, I would not have used my shiny one for this if I'd been aware of it. So could I please get my Cherrim back to its Sunny form? I don't even like the stone weather forms all that much, it was just for the dex data, and I had no intention or will to keep it in heat form, neither were there information or reason for me to believe that this change would be impossible to reverse.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Special K
post Dec 18 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

I don't remember where I read it so I haven't found it yet to quote it, but BB has said it is intentional, to answer that part at least.
+Quote Post

DrSnap
post Dec 18 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #3

Ghost with 108 souls
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 880

Nightmarez

Once Cherrim is in a Novelty form, it is impossible to reverse, it's not a glitch. It's more like an evolution than a form change, you're right...

--------------------

~~ ~~
+Quote Post

Special K
post Dec 18 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

Found one thread: http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=58328

(I'm not sure which event thread someone was referring to when they said it was clearly stated in the thread that you couldn't change between forms; especially because the July shiny hunt thread when they were given out initially only says "it's a mystery" in regards to what the rocks did, so I can't direct you to that, unfortunately. But you can see BB's response in that link, at least.)
+Quote Post

Lini
post Dec 18 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 199

Active Squad

Then it should have been listed as such in the pokedex. To have it listed alongside the regular bud/sunny form is very misleading. Not everyone reads everything that is posted on the forum beforehand, some of us rely more on the actual site that we play this on.

If it is within a mod's power to remove my heat form Cherrim entry in the pokedex, then they can do so, I don't even want to be refunded the heat rock I used. I just want my shiny Cherrim back to its sunny form, which I actually like.

--------------------

+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Dec 19 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Lini @ Dec 18 2011, 10:23 PM) *
If it is within a mod's power to remove my heat form Cherrim entry in the pokedex, then they can do so, I don't even want to be refunded the heat rock I used. I just want my shiny Cherrim back to its sunny form, which I actually like.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think the admins will do anything. They don't return Pokemon people accidentally release, they don't return items people accidentally sell, and they just generally don't undo things people did by accident or without full knowledge of the consequences. Sorry, but the admins have established this kind of low-interference precedent.

--------------------
+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Dec 19 2011, 01:28 AM
Post #7

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Dec 19 2011, 01:06 AM) *
QUOTE(Lini @ Dec 18 2011, 10:23 PM) *

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think the admins will do anything. They don't return Pokemon people accidentally release, they don't return items people accidentally sell, and they just generally don't undo things people did by accident or without full knowledge of the consequences. Sorry, but the admins have established this kind of low-interference precedent.

yeah but in those cases the user made the mistake here its not clearly said anywhere that this happens not even on the help page it was said once buried in a thread not even on a first post or anything this to me seems more of an error on the sites side for not stating something as important as this than it is on the OP's side

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Ateez
post Dec 19 2011, 01:45 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 329

Favorites

I did the same thing as you, Lini, and ended up changing my shiny Cherrim's form to "Heat", thinking I would be able to revert him back to "Sunny" or "Bud" form and then get the other two as well. Now he's all dried out and pretty pathetic looking, poor little guy. Maybe we can hunt around for that Johto Squirtbottle to give them a slight watering and change them back to normal. :P

But really, I don't see the harm in asking. At best, we? you get your "Sunny" back and all is well. And if not, you still have your "Heat" Cherrim. That form isn't bad once you get used to it; I'm just still afraid to hug my little guy because I don't want to snap off a brittle leaf, haha!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Yuso
post Dec 31 2011, 03:47 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 929

Defenders of Justice

I'm dealing with a different dilemma with changing forms.. The option won't show up o_O
Yesterday, it would not show up at all (Yesterday was an aurora and I have all 3 rocks in my possession) Now the Cherrim's were newly evolved, about 3 days ago, however I also have Eviolites. I figured at first that the aurora condition didn't apply to the form changing, but now that it's sunny, the option to change still won't show up.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:05 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.