Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Egg list, Not what you'd think
Raiden
post Dec 9 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #1

brb, glomping ^ him
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6 716

HeartGold team

Is it allowed to make a list of "Which egg is which Pokémon?" if you have based it on your own observation, and never share that list with anyone?

I have done exactly that - I've caught stuff, then looked in my dex for the egg info, written them in a Wordpad file and then kept that file open when I'm lab-stalking. Sometimes I've also made note of what other peoples' eggs hatch into.

--------------------
PARTY IS HERE (too lazy to always update the egg images, so meh)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 9 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I'm pretty sure it's fine as long as you don't tell anyone it like you said sealed.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Taryn
post Dec 9 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #3

Papillion
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 325

Lovely Legend Squad

Quote from the help page, not answering the question exactly, but just a general approach to this.

"Whatever your specific reason is for creating a guide, it can have a negative side-effect. Complete egg guides that show what every egg design hatches into and what its description is can be used to have an upper hand on finding certain Pokémon in the Lab, whether they are rare or not. You have to remember that hundreds of people are playing at once and everyone deserves a fair chance of what they get from the Lab instead of a percent of the users refreshing constantly and monitoring for specific descriptions. Yes, guides can help make sure you don't get something you really don't want, but that type of challenge is all part of the game."

Breaking that down, as long as you do not post your egg guide on the site, then you will not get in trouble. Use of an egg guide is, as far as I know, not rule breaking on this site unless you post the guide. If you do post the guide, your ass is grass

--------------------
"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet."
--Dave Barry--
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
--George Carlin--
"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."
--E. B. White-- (1899 - 1985)
" No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."
--Chuck Palahniuk-- (1962 - ), Fight Club, 1996
+Quote Post

L E M O N
post Dec 9 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 77 014

My Favorites

I do the same things, but only with things I am questing after. Or if I am using an Enigma Stone I have a legendary list written so I know what to look for. But I don't use it much anymore because I know what key words to look for. So as long as you don't have everything written down no one will think ill of you hopefully. And if you do have a complete list people might find you well...Some one help me out here on this one.

--------------------
Life is life a box of chocolate you never know what your going to get. Unless its a sampler then you are pretty lucky.
+Quote Post

koolchick
post Dec 9 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

If you only do an egg guide for yourself and only you ever sees it how is anyone going to know you have one unless you tell them?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Taryn
post Dec 9 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #6

Papillion
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 325

Lovely Legend Squad

QUOTE(L E M O N @ Dec 9 2010, 04:03 PM) *
I do the same things, but only with things I am questing after. Or if I am using an Enigma Stone I have a legendary list written so I know what to look for. But I don't use it much anymore because I know what key words to look for. So as long as you don't have everything written down no one will think ill of you hopefully. And if you do have a complete list people might find you well...Some one help me out here on this one.

If you have a complete egg list, like I do, people might be angry with you, but it's not like they can do anything about it.

Yes koolchick... no one will actually know if you exactly have an egg guide or not.

--------------------
"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet."
--Dave Barry--
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
--George Carlin--
"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."
--E. B. White-- (1899 - 1985)
" No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."
--Chuck Palahniuk-- (1962 - ), Fight Club, 1996
+Quote Post

Aragarthiel
post Dec 10 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #7

GPX's resident Arcanine fan
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 97 889

My Favehs

I don't see why it would cause a problem, and there's nothing anyone can really do about it. Honestly, I would probably do that if I got around to it, I'm major at keeping lists, especially when it comes to Pokemon. Once I had a list of every TM and HM from the first four generations of Pokemon, compiled purely by playing the games...
Anyways, I don't really see a problem, but it's up to the admins.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:33 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.