Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is it Worth It?
Inuko
post Mar 7 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 51 970

The Seekers

I want to know your opinion on the pros and cons of the new game. Please help me to decide if I should get this game, and if I do, what version to get.

--------------------
Inuko's the name, collecting badges is the game!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Mar 7 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #2

True king
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Pros;
Story is more involving to previous Gens.
Whole new experience since you cannot use Pokes from other Gens.
The graphics are great, especially in important scenes.
Lots to do, especially when the Dream World server eventually goes online.
TMs can be used more than once.

This is what I feel are the Pros. There may be others, though.

Cons;
-Migrating from Gen 4 games is a bitch. You need two DS's and at that you need to play a mini-game to 're-catch' them. Also, there's a time limit, so you may not be able to catch all six in the one go.
-Generic villain team is generic. And your 'rival-rival' (you'll find out soon enough) is a hypocrite.
-C-Gear is an absolute waste of touch-screen space. Got lots of interactive features.... 'cept they revolve around wireless and infra-red.
-Some features of the game cannot be accessed until after you completed the main story.

Option -
So far, I have found White much more engaging than the Gen 4 games, Diamond and Pearl. I love the whole 'fresh' feel about it, and actually like the way that you can't use previous Gen Pokes at the start. The scenery is diverse and wonderful, but the theme of the scenery is different in both versions. White focuses on nature, and that's clearly visible in "White Forest." The Battle Subway replaces Battle Tower, too, in both games.
However, the main villain team turned out to be kind of a let down towards the end, and while the ending isn't your typical run-of-the-mill ending to a Pokémon game, it was all over and done with a bit too quickly. Needless to say; it was still quite epic. xD

This is my take on White. And I would recommend getting White.

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

cinnamonClove
post Mar 7 2011, 02:59 PM
Post #3

Sugar & Spice
Group Icon

Member No.: 131 538

Cuddley Wuddley

Dang it, Wastelander pretty much covered all the important points.
The plot in B/W is incredibly engaging, cool concept, cool final boss with a crazy theme.

What could go wrong?

o u o

This post has been edited by cinnamonClove: Mar 7 2011, 02:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

SnivyCap
post Apr 1 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #4

Best Pokémon Connoisseur and Grass-Type Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 135 149

My OLD Dream Team

Yes, you should get the game. I would list pros and cons, but I don't have the time right now. Anyway, if you like Ideals more than the Truth, than you should get Pokemon White. If you like the Truth more than Ideals, then you should get Pokemon Black.

--------------------
"The Chosen One's Team" (If you see anyone using this team, please tell them it's my team):

Serperia Swampert Matthew Aaron Celeste Zekrom

Sig made by Heartless Rose, specifically for me! clap.gif Thanks a lot!
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 1 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #5

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

My counter to some of these:

QUOTE(Wastelander @ Mar 7 2011, 01:20 PM) *
Lots to do, especially when the Dream World server eventually goes online.
From my experience, while the main game was absolutely beautiful by itself, the after stuff is no more engaging than the other games have been. Personally I think it's always a bit dull after the Elite Four (or in the Metallics' case, after Red) but that's just me.

-Generic villain team is generic. And your 'rival-rival' (you'll find out soon enough) is a hypocrite.
N himself is not. The rest of Plasma, on the other hand... they're not very generic, and the end of the story will completely catch you off guard.

-Some features of the game cannot be accessed until after you completed the main story.
Like most games?

However, the main villain team turned out to be kind of a let down towards the end, and while the ending isn't your typical run-of-the-mill ending to a Pokémon game, it was all over and done with a bit too quickly. Needless to say; it was still quite epic. xD
I don't think it was "too quick," since the sudden revelations were just that -- sudden, and it truly made for an epic boss fight if brief.

This is my take on White. And I would recommend getting White.
Go with whatever you like, actually, depending on which of the two dragons you like better. There are much more noticeable aesthetic differences between Black and White though.

Also, no Vs. Seeker is a major con. The battle domes have nothing on them. I think that's what made the after-game sorta dull compared to other games, since it's actually hard to get your team up on par for the Elite Four the second round (well, not THAT hard, going through every extra trainer got me from the late 40s to the early-mid 60s).

A major pro, though? The EXP gains in this game are MASSIVE compared to previous generations. The formula actually benefits lower leveled Pokemon over upper leveled Pokemon (so you get more EXP if you're at a lower level fighting a much higher leveled Pokemon) and the Pokemon themselves have nearly doubled their EXP yield anyway. The leveling curve through the game is absolutely perfect, and if you decide you don't like a Pokemon, it is very simple to replace that Pokemon with another one because the game makes it so that Pokemon can catch up to your team easily.

It is a very, very well-crafted game aside from the post-game stuff.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Apr 1 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 131 433

Gen 5, please? :3

There are differences between Black and White. Wastelander has already listed the pros and cons, so I'm oging to lsit the differences.

Rebecca Black Exclusive Stuff

Spoiler (click to showhide)

White Exclusive Stuff
Spoiler (click to showhide)

If you don't want to sit through everything I listed, here are the pros and cons of both games:

Black
pros: There are Rotation battles in Black. And a lot of trainer battles.
cons: There are not much wild Pokémon that are not Gen V-exclusive. The reason is Black City, a big urban city has no wild Pokémon, only trainer battles.

White
pros: There are lots and lots of White-exclusive Pokémon because of White Forest.
cons: There are no Rotation battles in White. T_T And also, there are lesser trainers in White, because of White Forest's low population.

So, what's it going to be? Black or White?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2024 - 07:22 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.